September 15, 2014 | 870 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No creasing on the lids anymore :)
Gives you a natural look if you apply it before your foundation and pad on some when you putting some on your face :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by SweetAgony

I tried this product while i was in search for a great eyeshadow primer because i love the lancome aquatique base but i wanted something new. SO i tried this base and it was riddiculously expensive and i love high end products but for what you get it was not all that great.Firstly the applicator is lame I hate doe foot applicators becuase im a clean freak about my make up so eww. I have very sensitive skin so when i tried it on i had a small irrited feeling on my eye lids but it passed so i did my make up and went on with my day. The eyeshadow melted off after about 2-3 hours and it was just so dissappointing. I had read and heard good reviews but this was just sad. I liked it because it was a white formula thinking it would make my matte eyeshadows pop and last and it just didn't live up to my expectations. So boo to that and back to sephora it went. LOL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by rallu

Had a sample of this from Sephora and won't buy it because is not as good as UDPP. I had a little creasing and fading with this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sue1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product itself is amazing, I have tried many many eye primers/smudge proof bases because my eyes tend to get really oily. Simply love this product, it feels very light and lasts all day but the price is just unreasonable. Nars products are expensive but this one is just over-priced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Great primer, lasts all day, gives eyeshadow vibrancy but..... wait. It's even MORE expensive than UDPP?

Save yourself $23. The elf eye primer is just as good as nars' and urban decay's. There is absolutely no justification for this ridiculous price unless you want to pay for the name.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eh. This wasn't terrible, but not as good as Urban Decay primer potion. I have oily lids and while there was no creasing (except on very hot days), my shadow looked a little faded by the end of the day, whereas with the UD PP I don't have any fading or creasing, even when it's hot and I'm sweating a ton. So I'll be sticking with Urban Decay for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by karafraser

I love this product and have just purchased my 2nd tube. I have tried quite a few different eyeshadow primers (two faced shadow insurance, urban decay primer potion & mac paint pots) and this one is by far the best in my opinion.

This product keeps my eyeshadow / liner on all day, regardless of the brand of shadow used. I don't know how many hours it claims to work for but on a working day I apply my makeup about 6.30 am and my eyeshadow it is still perfect when I remove it at 9-10 pm (which can often include lasting through a trip to the gym).

I cannot recommend this product highly enough. I am very fickle when it comes to makeup and change brands / try out new products frequently but I can't see myself ever using another brand of eye primer. I just hope this is never discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by ckyc122

This NARS primer is one of the best I have used, I'm probably on my 5th bottle now. People always ask my how my dark eye shadow and eye liner stays put throughout a sweaty workout, hot yoga or all night dancing. My secret is this product! Since this product is on the pricier end and I use it daily, I only apply this only on the crease of my lid. I was told by the girls at Sephora to use it all over my lid, which I find unnecessary. There is no need to reapply eye shadow or liner throughout the day and I find this product works well with both dark and light shadows.

The packaging of this product can use a little bit of improvement. I like the sponge on the tip but I don't like the shape of the bottle. The actual packaging is made from a hard plastic so you can't dig/twist/cut open the bottle to use the last bit of the product.

Other than that, this product definitely deserves all the raves - amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by siol8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had such high expecations about this primer. Seemingly everyone here on makeupalley, beautybloggers and gurus on YT LOVE this primer, and I can't for the life of me understand why.
This stuff creases on me withing a couple of hours! It's allmost like this makes my eyeshadows crease faster than without a primer! I have tried every single way of applying it, I tried applying a little, a lot, applying eyeshadow while it's still wet, and when it has dried down completely. Nothing works. I can't understand why people swear to this stuff, on me it just makes things worse. Will most certainly not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Ruiz4books

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Useless. The only saving grace was that I got this in part of a gift set and didn't have to pay for it. I tried many many times to get this to work. I put on a lot, I put on a little, I waited for it to dry completely, I applied shadowed while it was still wet but no matter what, my eyeshadow creased within an hour. The only positive thing I can say about this product was that I liked it's texture. UDPP remains undefeated in my book.