NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 2/22/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an excellent primer. It goes on easily, and like all primers, has to dry a minute or two before it's ready to do its job. it holds my shadow and liner in place for a solid 10 hours, and even longer. I am not wild about the packaging, tho. First, the wand/tube setup means a lot of product is left in the tube once you think it's empty, unless you perform surgery on it and you simply should not have to do that. Second, what's with the foot long black lid/wand? Ok, it's not that long, but the wand is attached to the longest top I've ever seen on a tube product! It's a bit awkward to use as a result.

Long and short = product itself is aces; packaging is so-so, but it's not bad enough to dissuade me from repurchasing.

on 2/14/2013 4:07:00 AM

This primer has done a great job preventing my eyeliner from smudging. It doesn't work miracles, so your makeup will start to smudge late in the evening, but it's probably the best of its kind. You should be careful how much you use and how well you blend it. If you apply too much or don't blend it in, it will leave a visible white flaky coating around your eye. It also helps to allow the product to dry completely before opening and closing your eye or applying makeup. I usually fan my eyelid with my hand a little after application. And that's all it takes! :)

I was excited about this product and forked over the extra $ because supposedly this is better than UDPP... but sadly, I cannot bring myself to use this again. I've used it several times and each time I can FEEL it on my lids all day. It doesn't matter if I apply a little or a lot. Not sure if its slightly irritating, or just feels heavy. Can't tell, all I know is this did not work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

this has replaced udpp as my hg eyeshadow primer. curiously, after three - maybe four? - years of using udpp, it just stopped working. i have very oily lids and my eyeshadows started to crease pretty badly after about four hours or so. i didn't change my brushes, method of application, or eyeshadow brands, so i couldn't account for its sudden ineffectiveness.

in any case, i'm glad it did because i infinitely prefer the nars. the texture is better: it's lighter, not quite so thick, and i love that it applies sans color. secondly, the packaging is sleeker. the doe-foot applicator dots on just the right amount of product; not too much is needed. i've always found udpp's packaging tacky and unwieldy especially when the tube is near empty. however, the wand of the nars has the infamous rubberized finish, and if you neglect to keep it clean on a daily basis, it can and will get funky. finally, it's definitely worth the $4 price differential for a product that is an upgrade on every level.

after using this, i've had eyeshadows last for almost 12 hours meaning no creases with only slight color fading, yet it's still easy to clean off with make-up remover or cleanser. i thought the udpp was the best there is, so i'm really glad to have found a formula that outperforms what was already a decent primer.

on 2/6/2013 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Ok, I just got this. Like the texture. Am going to replace this with UDPP because UDPP was too drying (after years of using and still in my opinion the HG primer).

This is transparent and not as thick as UDPP. Which I like. But the staying power is not as good as UDPP and creases on me at the end of the day. However, it does not dry my lids out.
So I suppose, mission achieved!

Read that some users got milia seeds after they used this. Hope I don't get it cause I have sensitive skin too!

EDIT: Phew am I glad I can use this. No milia seeds problem! Yay!

on 1/28/2013 9:00:00 AM

This is first eyeshadow primer I have tried, and I was a little sceptical. However, this product is amazing! My eyeshadow stays on all day without creasing, and it's also great for using on my lower lash line to keep make up in place. My eyelids can be very slightly oily so sometimes I use this on its own even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow that day as it keeps my eyelids matte. I would recommend this product to anyone!

on 1/19/2013 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product because I love the sponge tip applicator. I've been using Bare Minerals Prime Time for years, and I'm sick of the squeeze tube. However, I have very sensitive eyes, and Prime Time is the only primer that doesn't make my eyes water and burn. I wanted to give Nars a chance. It's a wonderful product, and works even better than UDPP. However, it did make my eyes burn and tear up, so I had to return it. My rating does not reflect this, however, because my sensitive eyes are not the fault of Nars. I definitely recommend this, and I checked that I would buy it again so I wouldn't unfairly affect the ratings.

on 1/13/2013 2:58:00 PM

The product itself is pretty good but UDPP and shadow insurance worked well too. I have quite oily lids so i need some primer.
Although i like this stuff the package is just too big minus for me. I'm sure there will be tons of primer left and you can't get it out. Even the material is so hard it's hard to split. SO unless they change the package, i'll never buy this again. Ever.

on 1/13/2013 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My favorite eyeshadow primer by far. It's in a league of its own. I have UDPP and Lorac's primer, but this one is the best. With UDPP my eyeshadow stays on without creasing but there is still a little bit of fading. The color doesn't look as fresh as it did when I apply it in the morning. Nars Pro primer actually makes my eyeshadows look like I just applied them. There is no difference from morning to evening. The price is high, but its so much better than anything else out there.

I recommend this for women with super oily eyelids like me. If you're eyes are normal then it might be worth it to save some money and go for UDPP.

on 1/9/2013 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love everything about this primer. I can put my eyeshadow on and it's staying in place until I take it off. I've spent a long time looking for a primer that worked as well as UDPP after I developed an allergy to it, and finally I have. I might even dare to say that it's better. The texture of it on my lids is incredible. I also happen to like the doe foot applicator, it's easier and less messy IMO than a squeeze tube. I would definitely repurchase.

Top Rated NARS Products