December 20, 2014 | 1563 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this primer. I can put my eyeshadow on and it's staying in place until I take it off. I've spent a long time looking for a primer that worked as well as UDPP after I developed an allergy to it, and finally I have. I might even dare to say that it's better. The texture of it on my lids is incredible. I also happen to like the doe foot applicator, it's easier and less messy IMO than a squeeze tube. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great eye primer! I have very oily lids and deep-set eyes, and even eyeliner creases in an hour without a primer. This primer makes my eye makeup last perfectly until bedtime! The product looks white but goes on clear (but I do have very pale skin so I'm not sure if it would leave a white cast on darker skintones). I like the doefoot applicator and find application quick and easy. It dries almost instantly so you don't have to wait long before doing the rest of your eye makeup. My only complaint is that it's pretty expensive for the small amount of product you get -- LORAC is a better buy and works nearly as well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rpairan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am on my second tube of this. It makes everything stay on until you take it off, or you aproach 48 hours of wear (I know I know). If you put it on too thick it can crease. I like to put some on my pointer finger rub and then apply to my eyes. One tube can last me about 6-7months if not longer. I have crazy oily eyelids and primer insurance/UDPD/Lorac didn't work at all for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got many samples of this from Sephora from a VIB event. So many people rave about this online and I just thought for sure this would be better than UDPP....ummm nope!! It is so hard to blend into my eyelids and it even smudges itself!! WTH??? As soon as I apply it and open then close my eyes, it has already formed a smudge in my crease. And it doesn't allow nice application of eyeshadow. I found it was kinda leaving a drying effect and flaked a bit. Weird. I don't know why all the hype and positive reviews. I don't even have a huge issue with creases and oilies on a normal day and found this didn't do much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by materialgirl897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best eye primer ever! I've tried them all and have repurchased this twice. I like the texture, dries transparent and is nice and thin. I'm not a fan of the thick look that a MAC paint pot or UDPP gives. This is undetectable. I let it dry for a minute for the best results. This has passed the messy night out test on numerous occasions for me (even woken up the next morning with perfect eyes, not recommended but impressive nonetheless) and is hands down HG material!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Delaylah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this stuff. My eye makeup stays on ALL day. No creasing, smudging and it just stays perfect until I take it off.
I work out during my lunch hour at work and as such, I don't have time to remove and reapply my makeup. The first time I used this, I was really just amazed when I got back to the locker room...perfect makeup! No joke, my eyes looked exactly the same as they had in the morning when I first did my eyes. The same goes for a night out clubbing. Even if it gets really hot in the club, my eye makeup stays pristine.

The only con for me is the applicator, I wish this came in a pump instead of a tube with a lipgloss like applicator, as that would be more hygienic, but overall, this is an amazing product that I will continue to buy, over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

Ok this primer is my HG primer. I have tried ELF, UD PP, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Mac Paint Pots, NYX bases, you name it, I have tried it.

This is my favorite...it is thin but not watery; Tacky but not sticky....it is easy to work with and comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator so I can scrape out every last drop of that product on the sides lol. I have repurchased this 4 times and no matter what I try I always come back to it. It is pricey at about 24 or 26 dollars a tube but your shadow STAYS on. I am terrible about sleeping in my eye makeup and honest to god it still looks pretty good in the morning and I sleep with my face smashed in my pillow.

The ONLY downside I think some might have is it is clear. It does NOT hide any veins or imperfections on your lids but if this isn't an issue for you, buy it. I can never say enough good things about this primer and will continue to buy it til they won't let me anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. When I look for primers, I don't want color on my lid, although they are hyperpigmented. I love that this dries clear and not only grabs any e/s I put on it, but makes it true to color. Even flesh-toned colors come alive with it. I've been using this for 2 months now and very rarely do I have patchy areas (which I'm sure is due more to my application than the product). On my normal to dry eyelids, my eyes stay put for at least 14 hours.

I've used UDPP and find it comparable. My only gripe is in the packaging. Can we not put eye primers in wand/doe foot applicators? I believe they need to be in squeeze tubes so I'm not wasting product. This stuff is hella pricey and I'm looking for substitutes as I can tell I'll go through 2-3 tubes a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great. I own Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion and NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base and I can tell these are both very-very good and I would repurchase once I've ran out. Urban Decay's container looks quite damaged after using it some time while NARS looks like it looked on the day I got it but this does not affect the good products inside, does it. The consistency of UD feels a bit softer when applied and it also has a subtle ivory-ish tone to it (but I guess it won't show unless you maybe have very dark skin) while the NARS's feels a bit drier on lids. I apply primer all over the lid and the waterline. My eyelids tend to get oily during the day so for an die hard eye liner fan like me who wears eye liner every day, these little fellows are a must! My eyes look as good as they did the night before when I happen to go to sleep after a party etc with make-up on and sometimes have to to some minor touch-ups. One thing I still recommend is that you use some kind of setting powder on neutral eye shadow after applying primer because this will definitely add to the long lasting effect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by holymelony

I have very oily eyelids and this is really the only primer I've tried that keeps my eyeshadow from creasing. Lots of people rave about the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but for me the Nars one is way better. I just dab it on with my finger and leave it to dry for a minute before applying eyeshadow. Keeps everything nice and neat all day long :)