April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by irisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The ony primer I've tried that does not allow my eyeshadow to crease or fade.
I have oily lids and this has been awesome! It's easy to apply with the doe foot applicator it has. It's also easy to spread over the lid. Dries quickly so I can start applying shadow and liner quickly after application.
It lasts along time too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This beats any other eyeshadow primer I've used in the past (UDPP, TFSI and NYX). I have combination/oily skin, and find it hard to find good eye primers that will last the entire day since I live a busy lifestyle. The formula is very silky smooth and light-weight. Once its blended into my skin, I notice how it mattifies an oily area instantly. I've used this for a month now and I've never noticed my eyeshadow creasing or fading.

My only gripe with the product is of course the packaging. If NARS made this in a squeezable tube, I wouldn't be wasting so much product that is left around the rim of the tube. Overall, it's become my HG primer and I'll definitely be making a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I'm kind of addicted to eye primers, so I was really excited when I got a sample of this when it first came out. I haven't met many NARS products I haven't liked, so I thought this could be my new HG primer. While it's unfortunately not the best I ever used, it's pretty darn good.
I really like how silky this feels and how easily it glides onto the lids. It dries very quickly, which is usually a plus for me, but sometimes it dries a little too quickly, before I can finish evenly blending it. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it can result in slightly splotchy shadow application.
I know many people love that this is totally transparent, but I prefer my bases to have a tiny bit of color. I have super thin eyelids and my veins can show through quite a bit, so any hint of color a primer can provide is good news for me.
I also wish this was in a squeeze tube! I don't mind primers with applicators, but I find squeezing a small dot and applying with my finger is the easiest method, plus you can be sure to get out every last drop.
Aside from these small problems, I really like this stuff. It keeps shadows, liners, etc. on all day without fading, smudging, or creasing. It also really improves the vibrancy of your eye makeup, unlike some primers on the market. It dries down to a slightly sticky base, which I love -- it really helps grab whatever you're putting on your eyes.
Due to the price and the fact that there are a few primers I prefer over this one, I wouldn't repurchase. But it's really a good product, so I would recommend at least trying it out and seeing how it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by skypine

absolutely recommended for anyone, especially Asian, who has oily eyelid. I have used this and e.l.f, I must say that u get what u pay. With e.l.f mineral eye primer, the eyeliner stays put for about 5 - 6 hours at best, but NARS is able to keep it all day long (when most of the time I got off work around 8 - 9 p.m.). The eyeliner truly does not smudge at all. It's a bit dry so remember to wear eyecream underneath first, especially if you are in dry weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite primer by far. I used UDPP before it started to look blotchy when applied. This one never creases, lasts all day, and best of all, it's transparent, so no more blotchy looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Jhoyjha

Hands down the best primer I've ever used. Makes eye shadows pop and also makes your eye shadow not budge. It's not a greasy formula that dries fast also. A little goes a long way. The only primer I'll use now.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Sharvoxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Up front, I have hooded lids which are nearly impossible to keep eyeshadow on, especially without creasing. Bare Escentuals Prime Time has worked fine for me but it is the teensiest tiniest bit drying on my vintage eyelids. So when I heard the sa gushing about this being a life changer I slapped a bit on my hand and liked the texture. HOWEVER, when used on my eyelids as a primer it is a fail. Not so much because the eyeshadow visibly creases ... but the shadow on my lid just seems to disappear. Back to BEPT.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Lucyrosee

Great great GREAT! much prefer this to Potion and the other big primers around. Found this worked well with hooded eye and oily eye-lids and I love the matt cloudy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great, it's the only eye primer I use now. It's way better than the primer potion by UD. It's a white paste that rubs in completely clear and matte. It makes eyeshadows look more intense and it makes them last all day and most of the night on my eye lids without fading, creasing or moving at all. Yes it's expensive, and yes it's an extra first step before doing your eye makeup. But what's the point of even doing your eye makeup if it's not going to stay on.
Go get this. It's awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by aydm15

I have extremely oily monolids that fold strangely and are prone to creasing.

I have used UDPP and TFSI and they both crease on me at about the 4 hour point, but the Nars Pro-Prime lasts over 12 hours (I've only worn it up to 12 hours-I don't like to keep my makeup on for too long).

It leaves a dry, slightly tacky (but not sticky or at all noticeable) finish that adheres well to the eyeshadow. It keeps even the lowest end makeup on well and also cream shadows that I usually can't use because they used to crease immediately.

The packaging isn't horrible but I don't think I'm going to be able to get out all the product because of its shape. I wish they would make it into a squeeze tube like UDPP.

Price wise it's a bit expensive for my taste. It is about $6 more than UDPP or TFSI and you only get 0.28 worth of product instead of 0.35.

Overall, despite the less than perfect packaging and the higher price, I love this product. Nothing else keeps my eyeshadows on (and when my eyeshadow creases it's very noticeable because of the way my eyes fold) so if this gets the job done it's worth the investment for me.