October 26, 2014 | 1229 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Delaylah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this stuff. My eye makeup stays on ALL day. No creasing, smudging and it just stays perfect until I take it off.
I work out during my lunch hour at work and as such, I don't have time to remove and reapply my makeup. The first time I used this, I was really just amazed when I got back to the locker room...perfect makeup! No joke, my eyes looked exactly the same as they had in the morning when I first did my eyes. The same goes for a night out clubbing. Even if it gets really hot in the club, my eye makeup stays pristine.

The only con for me is the applicator, I wish this came in a pump instead of a tube with a lipgloss like applicator, as that would be more hygienic, but overall, this is an amazing product that I will continue to buy, over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

Ok this primer is my HG primer. I have tried ELF, UD PP, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Mac Paint Pots, NYX bases, you name it, I have tried it.

This is my favorite...it is thin but not watery; Tacky but not sticky....it is easy to work with and comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator so I can scrape out every last drop of that product on the sides lol. I have repurchased this 4 times and no matter what I try I always come back to it. It is pricey at about 24 or 26 dollars a tube but your shadow STAYS on. I am terrible about sleeping in my eye makeup and honest to god it still looks pretty good in the morning and I sleep with my face smashed in my pillow.

The ONLY downside I think some might have is it is clear. It does NOT hide any veins or imperfections on your lids but if this isn't an issue for you, buy it. I can never say enough good things about this primer and will continue to buy it til they won't let me anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. When I look for primers, I don't want color on my lid, although they are hyperpigmented. I love that this dries clear and not only grabs any e/s I put on it, but makes it true to color. Even flesh-toned colors come alive with it. I've been using this for 2 months now and very rarely do I have patchy areas (which I'm sure is due more to my application than the product). On my normal to dry eyelids, my eyes stay put for at least 14 hours.

I've used UDPP and find it comparable. My only gripe is in the packaging. Can we not put eye primers in wand/doe foot applicators? I believe they need to be in squeeze tubes so I'm not wasting product. This stuff is hella pricey and I'm looking for substitutes as I can tell I'll go through 2-3 tubes a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great. I own Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion and NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base and I can tell these are both very-very good and I would repurchase once I've ran out. Urban Decay's container looks quite damaged after using it some time while NARS looks like it looked on the day I got it but this does not affect the good products inside, does it. The consistency of UD feels a bit softer when applied and it also has a subtle ivory-ish tone to it (but I guess it won't show unless you maybe have very dark skin) while the NARS's feels a bit drier on lids. I apply primer all over the lid and the waterline. My eyelids tend to get oily during the day so for an die hard eye liner fan like me who wears eye liner every day, these little fellows are a must! My eyes look as good as they did the night before when I happen to go to sleep after a party etc with make-up on and sometimes have to to some minor touch-ups. One thing I still recommend is that you use some kind of setting powder on neutral eye shadow after applying primer because this will definitely add to the long lasting effect!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by holymelony

I have very oily eyelids and this is really the only primer I've tried that keeps my eyeshadow from creasing. Lots of people rave about the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but for me the Nars one is way better. I just dab it on with my finger and leave it to dry for a minute before applying eyeshadow. Keeps everything nice and neat all day long :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No creasing on the lids anymore :)
Gives you a natural look if you apply it before your foundation and pad on some when you putting some on your face :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by SweetAgony

I tried this product while i was in search for a great eyeshadow primer because i love the lancome aquatique base but i wanted something new. SO i tried this base and it was riddiculously expensive and i love high end products but for what you get it was not all that great.Firstly the applicator is lame I hate doe foot applicators becuase im a clean freak about my make up so eww. I have very sensitive skin so when i tried it on i had a small irrited feeling on my eye lids but it passed so i did my make up and went on with my day. The eyeshadow melted off after about 2-3 hours and it was just so dissappointing. I had read and heard good reviews but this was just sad. I liked it because it was a white formula thinking it would make my matte eyeshadows pop and last and it just didn't live up to my expectations. So boo to that and back to sephora it went. LOL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by rallu

Had a sample of this from Sephora and won't buy it because is not as good as UDPP. I had a little creasing and fading with this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sue1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product itself is amazing, I have tried many many eye primers/smudge proof bases because my eyes tend to get really oily. Simply love this product, it feels very light and lasts all day but the price is just unreasonable. Nars products are expensive but this one is just over-priced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Great primer, lasts all day, gives eyeshadow vibrancy but..... wait. It's even MORE expensive than UDPP?

Save yourself $23. The elf eye primer is just as good as nars' and urban decay's. There is absolutely no justification for this ridiculous price unless you want to pay for the name.