NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 3/17/2013 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is better than anything else I've tried - (Trish Mcevoy, Edward Bess) I would often use BB's cream shadow in shore as a base. everything would crease by the afternoon. Not this. It's colorless so if your eyelids are red or uneven it won't help that but I don't mind. My eyeshadow not only doesn't crease by late afternoon, it doesn't fade either. I don't have oily lids but my shadow always creases after a while and my liner fades away. before I started using this. I do use powder over this before applying eye shadow.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is absolutely the one for oily lids. I am probably the oiliest person around and live in a humid climate, so this is the best for all day long eyeshadow staying power. I also blink a lot (bad habit) and eye makeup stays put! I only wish I could find a face primer as good as this....

on 3/15/2013 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty happy with this product. I have tried many shadow primers, including UDPP and TFSI. UDPP used to work amazingly well for me. However, after it was repackaged, I no longer find it to be as effective. This has been a pretty good replacement. I tried it originally because of the excellent reviews and I am happy that I did. It keeps my eye makeup on well. I will notice some slight wear after about 5-6 hours, but that is pretty decent for me and my oily eyelids. I'm not in love with the wand packaging, but its something that I can live with. The price is slightly more than what I normally pay for shadow primer, but only by a few dollars. All in all, I am happy with my purchase. I will buy again when I run out.

on 3/8/2013 11:59:00 AM

Finally, I found my HG in eye primers. Having a wide range of products that disappointed me over the years, I was highly sceptical at first but I'm blown away. This is THE ONE. I have the gamut, UDPP, TFSI, Mally, Chanel, Mac, Illamasqua, Revlon, blah blah. The famous UDPP goes on patchy and the base eyeshadow goes on patchy as well, also the makeup becomes really difficult to blend no matter what you use as a base colour. TFSI is way too drying so that my eyes look puffy and 15 years older. Enter Nars PP. It is how an eyeshadow primer should be: Silky, never drying, very easy to apply, sets easily, blendable onto the skin, the color adheres but can still be blended, doesn't smudge or budge or crease or gather in patches.

on 3/7/2013 8:43:00 PM

I am a long-time user of UDPP, and thought that was the best formula on the market. Then I tried NARS. Wow, this stuff is the gold standard. It's got a slightly tacky consistency that UD's didn't have, but that makes it even better as a base. And somehow the tackiness dries down and doesn't result in creasing. I get perfect, all-day wear from my shadows when I layer tham over Pro-Prime base. The tube is well designed, you can actually effectively use the product inside without resorting to slicing it up (not so with the UD wand style tube). The little doe-foot applicator is a little bit chubby, so it's the perfect shape and size for getting the primer from tube to eyelid. High praise for this product!

on 3/3/2013 12:21:00 PM

This is a very good eye primer. It keeps my shadows on all day without creasing or any patchiness. I don't usually have any trouble with my shadows creasing as long as I'm wearing some sort of primer, so although this works very well I think I'll try something a little less expensive next time.

on 3/2/2013 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was a life saver for me. For years I couldn't wear any sort of eye makeup due to the extreme oiliness of my eyelids. I could put on any eye shadow and it would be creased in an hour or less. I constantly had to blot my eyes to keep them from feeling heavy. It was horrid.

I'd tried Urban Decay Primer Potion first to see if that would work. Everywhere I looked people raved on and on about it. It helped somewhat. I was able to go about 3-4 hours before things got out of control again. It also felt a bit too thick for me when applying it.

After the UD PP was used up I bought a small thing of the ELF eyelid primer to keep in my purse, it was cheap, it works for if I've forgotten to apply my NARS at home. It stays for around 3ish hours.

After more research I found out about this fantastic product. I use it daily. If I put it on at 8am, I still have fantastic non creased color at 10 at night. Love this love this love this. Not only has it let me be able to actually experiment with eyeshadows finally, but I'm able to go a full day without having to blot constantly at my eyes. It is an amazing feeling to not have heavy oily oily eyelids all day. It goes on nice and thin and is wonderful.

on 3/1/2013 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've always been notorious for having panda eyes from my mascara. This is my first eye primer and I was recommended it by a Mecca Cosmetica sales assistant. Since using it, I haven't had panda eyes again. My make up stays all day and I love it. I like the packaging. When I use it I put some on the back of my hand and dab it on with my finger instead of putting the wand on my eye directly. I find it works so well that I have to be super careful with not making mistakes, because its hard to fix mistakes sometimes. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because it gives me white marks ( that could look like "sleep" to everyone else) on the outer corner of my eyes. However this goes away with a bit of rubbing. I just have to remember to rub it off when it dries.

on 2/26/2013 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have tried some of the best products really popular like Urban Decays primer potion or Too Faced Eyeshadow insurance but i think this is the best of them. My eyeshadow stays all day and night till i get to sleep, i never have to refresh even when i need to go out after work. Give it a try so you will not regret i am sure.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a good, solid eyeshadow primer. It can be slightly drying on my eyes at times, but it really helps my eyeshadow bind and stay put.