April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Seriously this is the best brush i've ever used for liquid foundation. Before i got this brush i always hated how my foundation looked, but i couldnt not wear foundation cause my skin is far from great . I tried everything : sponges,regular foundation brushes,skunk brushes,beauty blender,fingers...nothing would make it look good and natural but yet full coverage, then i started to see a lot a people on youtube using this and it looked very promising, so i went ahead i bought it, considering its only 16$ even if it didnt work it wasnt gonna be the end of the world. But god was i to know that my skin would never look the same after that !! The best way to use it is to put little dots of foundation on your face first then blend it in with the brush,it looks so flawless !!! Oh and it doesnt shed AT ALL i have 2 of them now and none of them ever lost a single hair so.. Everyone who wears liquid foundation need this brush !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by xryuusei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll be honest, this is the one brush I'll buy 10 of. Highly recommended--I have never used anything else other than this brush to apply my foundation. I'm a liquid foundation gal, so this is a MUST HAVE for me.

I love that it comes in kits now :) Definitely worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mementomori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fabulous! While most people might use this brush to apply fluid foundation, my favorite way of using the F80 is to apply creamy highlighter, like the MAC Cream Colour Base (I'm using Hush). Taking a little product from the pan, the F80 helps to really buff it in - and last! It also works spendidly for the Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel mousse/cream texture.
While my other Sigma brush (the F50 duo fibre one) really sheds a lot, this one hasn't lost any; considering I've owned this for over one year while regularly washing it with baby shampoo, it's still in its original excellent shape.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product, but I find myself grabbing for my beautyblender a lot more. In the wintertime I tend to have drier skin and the Flat Top Kabuki, due to microexfoliation, accentuates that sometimes. I can only use this when my skin is exfoliated very well, but I love the overall finish. I would definitely repurchase because when my skin gets more oily in the summer it has less dry patches and this works very well then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, bit of honesty first. This is my first and only Sigma brush. Until now I never had any interest in them as a company, initially for their blatant plagarism of MAC's brushes, then for their endless shilling via the bribing of YT video makers with free brushes, free brushes for giveaways, discount codes, etc etc. I really have a dislike for sales tactics like that, so I never bought anything from them.

That being said, I wanted a synthetic, dense foundation buffer brush. I did my research. The Sigma F80 came with good reviews on MUA. They offered free worldwide shipping on Black Friday, and I caved. The whole Sigmax range of both face and eye brushes seems decent, not totally ripped off from other companies' ideas, and are a reasonable price.

I've used this brush now for a couple of months and like it. It does suck up a lot of product so I've found the best way is to dot foundation on the face first then blend it in with the brush, that way product is mostly on the skin rather than the brush. It leaves a very nice finish, not streaky at all, and takes very little time to use.

I have no other brushes like this, so I see it as a useful addition to my collection. Can't see me ever becoming a die-hard Sigma fan though!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AhnaLeesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

eek! too much shedding. used it for liquid foundation application. i will say application is flawless, no streaking! however, too many hairs falling out, so im giving it only an average review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I`ve had this since it was released and I love it as much as Mac 187 for liquids. I don`t follow the complex application guide at makeup and beauty blog. I simply buff fndn into skin. Tissue off excess. Very easy, quicker and fuller coverage than 187. I use sigma more. No problems with shedding. Handle has gotten a bit wavy. Same happened with Elf studio powder brush. Glue to the rescue. Drying up after washing takes ages. I leave it overnight and finish with blow dryer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Rokel

This brush is amazing i seen a youtube guru use it and rave about so i had to try it out it flawlessly applies my foundation, blends it in so well no line no cakey face just seamlessly perfect its such a good value and great dense brush i will continue to get these brushes i have 2 just incase i lose one lol if you dont have a great brush try its worth the try and wont break your bank!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I actually give this a 4.5. I really like this brush but I honestly don't use it that often. It is very dense, denser than any other face brush I have, but I actually prefer the E.L.F flat powder brush for foundation and powder. This feels softer on the face but the E.L.F brush applies makeup faster and appears more flawless. The brush also came bent/squished (bristles) but that did not affect its effectiveness. Good quality and unique. I recommend it but its not my favorite brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like to use a synthetic flat top brush to apply my Julie Hewett cream foundation. Previously I was using the ELF Studio flat top powder brush, but decided to try this one after reading all the glowing reviews. This brush doesn't disappoint! It is a very dense, synthetic flat kabuki. It doesn't absorb too much product. Perfect for stippling and then buffing foundation. The bristles are much more dense than the ELF Studio brush (which, I still love that brush dearly), so it is easier to work with. This brush appears to be made well and I would say it is comparable to MAC. It looks nice - black wood handle with chrome ferrule. Easy to clean but does take a while to dry because it is so dense. Overall, for $16 this is a very nice brush, and if you like to stipple & buff your foundation on, you'd be nuts not to try this. Would definitely repurchase!