August 20, 2014 | 1952 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is AMAZING! I don't know how I can use anything else. One, it is SO soft. It's like heaven on your face. It applies liquid foundation like a dream, and it gives a nice practically airbrushed look. It is VERY easy to clean because the foundation doesn't get as absorbed into the brush like it would in other brushes because since the bristles are so dense, the foundation sits on top of the brush. Simply put some brush cleaner (I use MAC's) in a tissue, paper towel, or sponge and rub the top of the brush in it and it's clean! I LOVE THIS BRUSH! A+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by michelle589

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!! I had read so many good reviews on this brush I had to try it for myself! Let me tell you I was not disappointed, it gives an absolutely flawless finish when used to apply liquid foundations. I've had no shedding at all from my brush. Couldn't be without it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ruskapunkkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh boy, after using this brush I regret ever buying the Real Techniques stippling brush. I like short bristled stern flat tops for applying my foundation and RT's brush looked perfect for that. It ended up having scratchy bristles that made my face redden and left streaks on my face. I got so fed up with the RT's brush that I just threw it in the bin. I've also used the elf's flat top. It works better than the RT although it's much more bigger and therefor impractical. After buying this brush elf's brush has been left to gather dust.

The F80 is dense and incredibly soft but it's also firm and stern without being scratchy. The head is just the right size for my smaller face. It's big enough that applying foundation is effortless yet it's small enough to get underneath my eyes and around my nose. Due to it being so soft and dense it doesn't leave streaks on my face. Also I feel that this brush doesn't eat so much foundation like some other foundation brushes do.

The brush is light weight and feels sturdy. But how it will hold up remains to be seen. Even though I like Sigma's brushes I'm bit skeptical towards their durability in the long run. This brush hasn't shed like the blush brush or the duo fiber has. Also no bleeding but that's something that hasn't affected any of my sigma brushes.

I find it quite sad that while both the RT and Sigma brushes are made in USA and are priced the same, the quality of the Sigma brush is light years better than the RT.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This is my favorite foundation brush ever!! It makes my skin looks flawless and it makes me use less makeup as well rather then applying it with my fingers. I won't be trying any other brushes again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i was using the coastal scents bionic flat top brush for my liquid foundation, and it worked well for a really really long time as that was my first attempt using a brush for LF (usually i use my fingers). but recently i found that the finish can be streaky in some areas.. i decided to try using the sigma F80 and although it is smaller in size, the bristles are much denser, as soft, and has a better finish. so i'm a convert !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my ultimate favourite makeup brush because it provides the most flawless application of liquid foundation I have ever witnessed. I have a MAC 109 foundation brush, a MAC 188 stippling brush and even a beauty blender sponge, yet I still find the Sigma F80 trumps all. Whether I'm using a sheer foundation or my heavy Estee Lauder Double Wear, this brush never ceases to blend foundation into my face without a leaving a streak (or taking up hours of my time!) It never sheds and washes up beautifully. I love this brush so much that I actually bought an extra one. I can't imagine doing my makeup without it. It's so beautiful and soft, the fibres so densely packed - it's luxurious. You won't know what I'm talking about until you try it. I strongly suggest you do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sahrishadeel

This is an amazing brush for flawless foundation application for powder, liquid, cream or stick foundations. A must have brush for everyone. Gives medium to full coverage the easy way. I totally love this brush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On the lookout for the perfect flat top brush, I purchased the Sigma F80 after seeing all the rave reviews. I'll put it this way: after the second time I used it to blend my foundation, I looked at my other flat top brushes with a curled lip. This one's it - I'm not using any others. The F80's bristles are soft and smooth. This brush isn't cheap, but that's okay; it feels even more expensive than it is. No poking or scruffy feeling when brushed over the skin. Performance-wise, it really does everything you want it to: foundation is rendered indetectable. It doesn't even shed.

In fact, I just bought a second F80 for days my other one might not be dry yet from washing it. That's how much I like this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After doing some research and the big hype on you tube and on beauty blogs. I decided to purchase this and this is an amazing brush for applying liquid foundation, powder foundation etc! I LOVE it. MY HG brush for flawless looking skin!

I have a set of brushes from them and they are great quality for the price!

I highly recommend this! you can also google for coupon code as well. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brush after watching the Pixiwoo's use something similar (although they use Real Techniques i think) and Lisa Eldridge using this brush. I am somewhat sceptical with advice from YouTube gurus but these girls seem to know what they're talking about.
In Australia most decent make up brushes are ridiculously expensive (I'm looking at you MAC) so was looking for something recommended and not quite so expensive.

Pros
Brush arrived in perfect condition and arrived quickly.
Bristles are soft. Really soft! They don't feel scratchy at all on my face.
Brush is dense and bristles are tightly packed
Size is perfect. Big enough to make quick work of foundation application but small enough to not have to use another brush around the mouth/nose etc
Price is very reasonable in Australia even including postage
Foundation does not streak when buffed into the skin with this brush

Cons
None yet although I haven't had this brush for a great deal of time. Will update if anything changes dramatically after cleaning/washing/extended use.