Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

on 9/22/2012 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am in love. This is the best foundation brush I have tried. It is easy to use, provides a flawless application and does not shed.

on 9/19/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

What a very, very soft and fluffy brush. I've been collecting brushes from mac for a year and though my collection isnt necessarily what you might call "complete", it's darn close! I have all the duo fibres for foundation application, but none are as easy to use as this one! Stipple, swirl, swipe, this foundation brush can do it all! Doesnt shed, feels great on the skin and is so easy to use! Did I mention it costs half as much as the notorious 187? sold!

on 9/16/2012 4:37:00 PM

Love this brush! Makes my foundation go on so well and leaves a beautiful airbrushed effect. Use to use a stippling brush for my liquid foundations (which I still prefer for powder) but for my Studio fix fluid or Pro Longwear this is my go-to. Bristles are really dense and I like that because I know it's actually moving the product around. The only downside is that it takes a couple days to dry because it's so darn thick, but it's worth it.

I have no words ... absofuc*inglutely perfect brush for liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer. every positive review that I've read about sigma f80 is true. only one thing that I don't like about it is cleaning ... it takes little more effort.

on 9/12/2012 10:48:00 AM

F80, 84 and 82. Got them all love them all. The F80 is amazing but I probably prefer the angled F84. I much prefer it to the Real Techniques which feels so cheap and rough in comparison. Sigma all the way for me.

Excellent brush for liquid or creamy foundations, ultra soft and buffs in foundation really well. Has never shed hair or disappointed me in any way. Helps apply a thin, even layer of foundation and the result is lovely. I have heard people slightly complain about the time this brush needs to dry when washed, but for me, being located in Greece, this is not the case. It has never taken more than a few hours to be completely dry all the way in and ready to use. What I dislike about it, is its fat handle that I find is not very convenient for a good grip. I have had this for approximately two years and it looks brand new. If it falls apart, I would most probably repurchase.

on 8/31/2012 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Got this in the Sigmax set and this is the best one among all of the brushes included. This brush is very, very good. It is dense and soft and the length of it's fibers is just perfect for a good control. Gives me a flawless, airbrushed finish whatever brand of liquid/cream foundation I use. I also have not experienced any fall out of it's fibers when cleaning the brush. Will definitely repurchase.

on 8/25/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

ETA: I had to come back and change my rating for this brush. I went to wash it the other day and the ENTIRE brush head came out of the ferrule. I don't treat my brushes vigorously and am not a newbie when it comes to cleaning and care. This is highly unacceptable for me. It was a great brush until this disaster. I cannot believe how common this very complaint is! You would think that Sigma would take notice and do something about it. I guess, however, that since it continues to sell like hotcakes they aren't incentivized to look into the issue.

Original review: This brush is *great*! The only regret I have is that I waited so long to get it! My use for this brush is strictly for liquid foundation. I initially stipple it on, then buff it. I am super happy with the look it provides. I purchased a MAC 187 brush a couple of years ago and thought it was the answer to my prayers, but this Sigma F80 has relegated my MAC 187 to "for blush application only" status. The dense, flat head is just perfect for me. Fabulous brush!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this brush, along with others, direct from Sigma in the US, not realizing that you can buy the same from some UK websites for the same price. I had to pay customs duties (not too high) and an extortionate amount to Royal Mail for their "handling".
The brush is incredibly soft. I use it for applying liquid foundation. However, it takes forever to clean and dry properly. Please note that this applies the foundation to a medium to full finish, which suits me fine, as I have imperfect skin. But if you want a lighter touch, I would recommend one of the "skunk" brushes instead (in case you wonder, I mean the black ones with white hair at the top). As a free gift, I got a short E25, which is exactly like the MAC 217. It's a brilliant eye brush, so I ordered another one.

on 8/12/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

First brush I purchased from Sigma. My collection consists of all MAC brushes prior to buying the F80. The Sigmax is a great line, and I highly recommend this brush. It really does all the work for you when applying foundation. Say good-bye to streaks and cakey application. It buffs to perfection, so you feel secure and confident about your make-up. Prior to this brush, I used my MAC 187 to stipple on my foundation. Now, I only reach for my 187 for blush (which it is great at applying). I want to purchase back-ups for the F80; that is how good it is.