October 25, 2014 | 1302 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Andreacita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing. It's really good for liquid foundation and it has been the only brush i use for it since i bought it. It also works well with powder and even blush!
The only thing negative is really the washing and drying. Because it is so dense it takes effort to wash it properly, and then you have to wait very long for it to dry (this is the only reason i gave it four lippies). Still it's totally worth it!
I have mine for over a month and it has not shedded one bit, and i use it a lot.
I just wish i had bought two of them togheter so now i didn't have to wait while this one dries properly. Will be purchasing a second one soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by xalliewallie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is an amazing brush! the first kabuki I have tried, and I am NEVER GOING BACK! not cheap but I think you have to pay this much for decent brushes really, and this is far beyond decent! I've tried it with many different liquid foundations and it works great, definitely gives you fuller and more even coverage than with fingers, especially when bronzing up your skin with a darker foundation. it is even better with cream foundation, so streak free! i don't find it that hard to clean, but then again I put the foundation onto the back of my hand or lid of my powder and dab the brush in, rather than squirting straight onto the brush head. every girl needs this brush!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for liquid foundation . I used this to buff in my studio fix fluid and it gives it a flawless finish. its washes so easily with a little shampoo and dries perfectly. I would advise anyone to get this foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I love this brush for TM / foundation application. It makes application flawless and hygienic. I clean this regularly with my Sephora Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner, and ocassionally with shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this brush. Very dense yet extremely soft on the face and the liquid foundation application (I like to stipple) goes on flawless!

Have washed it many times with MACs brush cleaner and it has never sheded (I've had it for almost a year)

Beyond expectations! A definite must have for all makeup lovers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I researched about foundation brush for a while.. and
there were lots of comparison between this one and MAC 187 foundation brush. and most of ppl who used both brushed said that Sigma F80 works much better for Liquid Foundation.

so I ordered it online and received it and tried it.
Absolutely Love this. this is perfect brush for Liquid foundation.
blended perfectly. price was less than 20$ and soooo worth it. even the price was more expensive , I would be willing to have this !! Highly recommend !!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by KseniyaLed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely LOVE this brush! So soft, just the right size for liquid foundation and does not shed. This is the best brush by Sigma, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is AMAZING! I don't know how I can use anything else. One, it is SO soft. It's like heaven on your face. It applies liquid foundation like a dream, and it gives a nice practically airbrushed look. It is VERY easy to clean because the foundation doesn't get as absorbed into the brush like it would in other brushes because since the bristles are so dense, the foundation sits on top of the brush. Simply put some brush cleaner (I use MAC's) in a tissue, paper towel, or sponge and rub the top of the brush in it and it's clean! I LOVE THIS BRUSH! A+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by michelle589

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!! I had read so many good reviews on this brush I had to try it for myself! Let me tell you I was not disappointed, it gives an absolutely flawless finish when used to apply liquid foundations. I've had no shedding at all from my brush. Couldn't be without it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ruskapunkkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh boy, after using this brush I regret ever buying the Real Techniques stippling brush. I like short bristled stern flat tops for applying my foundation and RT's brush looked perfect for that. It ended up having scratchy bristles that made my face redden and left streaks on my face. I got so fed up with the RT's brush that I just threw it in the bin. I've also used the elf's flat top. It works better than the RT although it's much more bigger and therefor impractical. After buying this brush elf's brush has been left to gather dust.

The F80 is dense and incredibly soft but it's also firm and stern without being scratchy. The head is just the right size for my smaller face. It's big enough that applying foundation is effortless yet it's small enough to get underneath my eyes and around my nose. Due to it being so soft and dense it doesn't leave streaks on my face. Also I feel that this brush doesn't eat so much foundation like some other foundation brushes do.

The brush is light weight and feels sturdy. But how it will hold up remains to be seen. Even though I like Sigma's brushes I'm bit skeptical towards their durability in the long run. This brush hasn't shed like the blush brush or the duo fiber has. Also no bleeding but that's something that hasn't affected any of my sigma brushes.

I find it quite sad that while both the RT and Sigma brushes are made in USA and are priced the same, the quality of the Sigma brush is light years better than the RT.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No