Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

on 8/25/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

ETA: I had to come back and change my rating for this brush. I went to wash it the other day and the ENTIRE brush head came out of the ferrule. I don't treat my brushes vigorously and am not a newbie when it comes to cleaning and care. This is highly unacceptable for me. It was a great brush until this disaster. I cannot believe how common this very complaint is! You would think that Sigma would take notice and do something about it. I guess, however, that since it continues to sell like hotcakes they aren't incentivized to look into the issue.

Original review: This brush is *great*! The only regret I have is that I waited so long to get it! My use for this brush is strictly for liquid foundation. I initially stipple it on, then buff it. I am super happy with the look it provides. I purchased a MAC 187 brush a couple of years ago and thought it was the answer to my prayers, but this Sigma F80 has relegated my MAC 187 to "for blush application only" status. The dense, flat head is just perfect for me. Fabulous brush!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this brush, along with others, direct from Sigma in the US, not realizing that you can buy the same from some UK websites for the same price. I had to pay customs duties (not too high) and an extortionate amount to Royal Mail for their "handling".
The brush is incredibly soft. I use it for applying liquid foundation. However, it takes forever to clean and dry properly. Please note that this applies the foundation to a medium to full finish, which suits me fine, as I have imperfect skin. But if you want a lighter touch, I would recommend one of the "skunk" brushes instead (in case you wonder, I mean the black ones with white hair at the top). As a free gift, I got a short E25, which is exactly like the MAC 217. It's a brilliant eye brush, so I ordered another one.

on 8/12/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

First brush I purchased from Sigma. My collection consists of all MAC brushes prior to buying the F80. The Sigmax is a great line, and I highly recommend this brush. It really does all the work for you when applying foundation. Say good-bye to streaks and cakey application. It buffs to perfection, so you feel secure and confident about your make-up. Prior to this brush, I used my MAC 187 to stipple on my foundation. Now, I only reach for my 187 for blush (which it is great at applying). I want to purchase back-ups for the F80; that is how good it is.

on 8/11/2012 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

UPDATE!!!! I received my real technique core collection brushes and the real technique buffing brush is 10x better!!! Does an amazing job leaving your face flawless.

If you're still wondering if you should purchase this brush or not then I highly recommend you don't waste any time and buy yourself one. I can't believe years has passed me by without having this brush. Forget MAC and all the high end brushes. This is the real deal, inexpensive and gives you a flawless makeup finish. I'm in love.

on 8/1/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush. It is dense and soft, and I have had no fallout. I used it for applying liquid foundation, softening up my under eye concealer which I tend to apply with my fingers, and cream blush. It really is fabulous. I find I use a lot less product and it buffs to perfection.

on 7/25/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I'd give this brush 10 stars if I could! I received this free from sigma in their IMATS goodie bag in LA a couple months ago, and probably would have overlooked it had it not been a gift. All I can say is WOW! I can't imagine what could possibly be better for applying liquid foundation than this brush. It turns even my least favorite foundations into a perfectly airbrushed look, and It doesn't shed...at all. I plan to purchase a couple more and will use these forever. I wouldn't care if they were $100 a piece, I'd gladly pay any price for this amazing brush!! Thank you Sigma!!

on 7/18/2012 5:37:00 AM

Love this brush. It is half the price of the Mac equivalent here in the UK and I think it is better. Perfect for liquid foundations, I particularly like it with Nars Sheer Glow, leaves such a great finish, like airbrushed!
Would highly recommend purchasing this, it's a must in any brush collection.

on 7/17/2012 11:43:00 AM

Love this brush to apply liquid foundation! So soft and blends in my make up so easily!

on 7/14/2012 3:52:00 AM

I bought my Sigma Synthetic Flat Kabuki brush from Sigmabeauty.com. I am a Makeup Artist by profession and majority of the brushes that I use are from Sigma. I particularly love this Sigma F80 brush for applying liquid foundation. The thickness of the soft synthetic bristles are just perfect to buff on your foundation. It allows you to distribute your foundation evenly and flawlessly. You can achieve medium to full coverage using this F80 brush. I have been using it for months now and so far, I have not experience any shedding, which is one thing that I always watch out for when I am trying out a new brush. I'd have to say that this brush is worth it, for those of you who are considering on buying one, go for it! Sigma brushes are great and I love it!

For this month of July (2012) you can use Sigma discount code AP2012 for a 10% discount. You may copy and paste this link to get you to Sigma's website:

Hope this helps in any way, bye!

on 7/12/2012 1:11:00 AM

The F80 is one of the 5 Sigmax face brushes Sigma Offers. This brush is so good. It leaves ur makeup with an airbrush like finish. Shedding is little to none. However you do use a little more product being that the brush is so dence. Cleaning is easy but drying takes so long. ALWAYS no matter what brush you have try to dry with a brush gaurd helps keep shapes of the brushes. I have a mac 130 and that brush has shed so much that i dont even reach for it . This brush is a must have for any collection