September 1, 2014 | 1950 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I love this brush for TM / foundation application. It makes application flawless and hygienic. I clean this regularly with my Sephora Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner, and ocassionally with shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this brush. Very dense yet extremely soft on the face and the liquid foundation application (I like to stipple) goes on flawless!

Have washed it many times with MACs brush cleaner and it has never sheded (I've had it for almost a year)

Beyond expectations! A definite must have for all makeup lovers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I researched about foundation brush for a while.. and
there were lots of comparison between this one and MAC 187 foundation brush. and most of ppl who used both brushed said that Sigma F80 works much better for Liquid Foundation.

so I ordered it online and received it and tried it.
Absolutely Love this. this is perfect brush for Liquid foundation.
blended perfectly. price was less than 20$ and soooo worth it. even the price was more expensive , I would be willing to have this !! Highly recommend !!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by KseniyaLed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely LOVE this brush! So soft, just the right size for liquid foundation and does not shed. This is the best brush by Sigma, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is AMAZING! I don't know how I can use anything else. One, it is SO soft. It's like heaven on your face. It applies liquid foundation like a dream, and it gives a nice practically airbrushed look. It is VERY easy to clean because the foundation doesn't get as absorbed into the brush like it would in other brushes because since the bristles are so dense, the foundation sits on top of the brush. Simply put some brush cleaner (I use MAC's) in a tissue, paper towel, or sponge and rub the top of the brush in it and it's clean! I LOVE THIS BRUSH! A+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by michelle589

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!! I had read so many good reviews on this brush I had to try it for myself! Let me tell you I was not disappointed, it gives an absolutely flawless finish when used to apply liquid foundations. I've had no shedding at all from my brush. Couldn't be without it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ruskapunkkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh boy, after using this brush I regret ever buying the Real Techniques stippling brush. I like short bristled stern flat tops for applying my foundation and RT's brush looked perfect for that. It ended up having scratchy bristles that made my face redden and left streaks on my face. I got so fed up with the RT's brush that I just threw it in the bin. I've also used the elf's flat top. It works better than the RT although it's much more bigger and therefor impractical. After buying this brush elf's brush has been left to gather dust.

The F80 is dense and incredibly soft but it's also firm and stern without being scratchy. The head is just the right size for my smaller face. It's big enough that applying foundation is effortless yet it's small enough to get underneath my eyes and around my nose. Due to it being so soft and dense it doesn't leave streaks on my face. Also I feel that this brush doesn't eat so much foundation like some other foundation brushes do.

The brush is light weight and feels sturdy. But how it will hold up remains to be seen. Even though I like Sigma's brushes I'm bit skeptical towards their durability in the long run. This brush hasn't shed like the blush brush or the duo fiber has. Also no bleeding but that's something that hasn't affected any of my sigma brushes.

I find it quite sad that while both the RT and Sigma brushes are made in USA and are priced the same, the quality of the Sigma brush is light years better than the RT.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This is my favorite foundation brush ever!! It makes my skin looks flawless and it makes me use less makeup as well rather then applying it with my fingers. I won't be trying any other brushes again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i was using the coastal scents bionic flat top brush for my liquid foundation, and it worked well for a really really long time as that was my first attempt using a brush for LF (usually i use my fingers). but recently i found that the finish can be streaky in some areas.. i decided to try using the sigma F80 and although it is smaller in size, the bristles are much denser, as soft, and has a better finish. so i'm a convert !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my ultimate favourite makeup brush because it provides the most flawless application of liquid foundation I have ever witnessed. I have a MAC 109 foundation brush, a MAC 188 stippling brush and even a beauty blender sponge, yet I still find the Sigma F80 trumps all. Whether I'm using a sheer foundation or my heavy Estee Lauder Double Wear, this brush never ceases to blend foundation into my face without a leaving a streak (or taking up hours of my time!) It never sheds and washes up beautifully. I love this brush so much that I actually bought an extra one. I can't imagine doing my makeup without it. It's so beautiful and soft, the fibres so densely packed - it's luxurious. You won't know what I'm talking about until you try it. I strongly suggest you do.