September 1, 2014 | 2036 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this concealer. A little goes a long way, its buildable if needed, it covers blemishes well. It has great staying power too! I did find all the shades to be a tad ashy on me (hence why I only gave it 4 lippies), and so I can't use it alone, but it blends in well with foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing concealer. I don't have much to say about it, because concealer is not a very complicated or exciting product, but it goes on smoothly even on my dry and irritated skin, and it totally covers my blemishes and red patches. You only need a tiny, needle-prick amount to cover any particular spot, so I'm sure a tube will last a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by carcas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by saying that I use this primarily for covering blemishes and dark spots, and that I have repurchased many, many times. I'm of South Asian descent, with medium-light olive skin, which tans easily in the summer. I use #7 or #8, depending on the season (and occasionally will mix, if needed).

I will use it under my eyes only when I need something more heavy duty (for lack of sleep, for example), and in that case ONLY after having applied sufficient eye cream. If your under eye area is not moisturized, this is going to be a disaster.

Some things I have found, many of which have been mentioned by other reviewers:

-the texture is somewhere between creamy and sticky
-it dries quickly (to a matte finish)
-it is absolutely water and sweat-proof, so it really doesn't budge
-it does oxidize, so keep this in mind when choosing a color

I like the versatility of this concealer-it blends well, and it it also buildable. I've found that what works for me is this:

I dot it onto the areas that need to be blended first(dark spots or uneven patches or what have you), then continue onto whatever individual blemishes might need covering. I then go back with a brush (I use Sephora's Professionel Platinum Concealer Airbrush #57) and blend out the first areas. Next, I go to the individual spots- since the concealer has had a bit more time to sit and set on these, it won't move as much when you manipulate it now. I'll usually pat it down lightly with my finger, and then finish by softening the edges with the brush, again, very lightly. If I want to go all the way, I finish with Bare Minerals foundation all over (or set with a finishing powder).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Bountiful23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE this concealer. It doesn't break me out (which is a must for me). It lasts ALL day. Like when I say all day, I mean ALL day. I never have to reapply it. Its definitely water proof. After doing water play with students, to being outside in the rain, it never moved! This concealer only have two downsides for me. One being that I am a color in between #14 and #18. (To my understanding #16 has been discontinued) To me, #14 and #18 are big color differences, I'm not sure why they would do that. I had to save and get both, which brings me to the next downside....the price. The price is high, but the outcomes of these? Well worth it. With this concealer I don't even have to wear foundation alot of days. I have had mine for 3 months already and still have about 70% left. I mean, to me that's a good deal!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the coverage, the texture, and how this product does not settle into fine lines, but the PROs pretty much end there.

First of all, it costs $32 for a small tube. Granted a little does go a long way, but still. That is expensive for concealer. Secondly, the lightest color is still too dark for my face. I can use it under my eyes, as it is very pink/salmony toned, but on the rest of my face it just looks orange. I am pretty pale, but with the wide shade selection I figured they would have a color for us ghosties. Wrong.

I guess one other PRO/CON, depending on how you look at it, is that this product does not budge. It is indeed waterproof as it claims to be. My facial cleanser always leaves a bit of product behind unless I use an eye makeup remover first. I have not tried swimming in this concealer though. I would be curious to see how it holds up.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by MariaLee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst Concealer ever. I am a concealer collector, in my drawer I have Laura Mercier, Maybelline mineral concealer, Benefit, MAC, and Cle de Peau stick concealer. I have zits here and there. This concealer is so dry that it actually cover in a bad way, everyone can see the flaws, it is as bad as Laura Mercier. Both are super dry. I did lots of tests with these concealers, I like the Revlon blemish stick with Salicilic acid but what really worked right for me was Cle de Peau among all my concealer staple. Mac results were good but you get new zits in next day. Lancome Effarcennes also gave me a new collection of zits after usage. I can't give 0 but zero is what I would give if it was an option.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Whend1212

I'm giving this a 5 but will point out that the full score is for use of the product as cover up for blemishes, not as an under eye concealer. This works amazingly as a blemish cover up. It's very creamy, goes on smoothly, stays on the whole day, has a matte finish and covers pimples/blemishes flawlessly. Although the latter maybe because I just got lucky and have a skin tone that matches one of their shades (lightly tanned, asian skin with shade #8), but they have many shades so shouldn't be too hard to find a a suitable color. I've been using it for over a year and am still always amazed at how well it hides blemishes. Just a tiny dab goes a long way too so one tube lasts me over 6 months. However, I didn't like it at all as an undereye concealer. It's quite heavy as an undereye concealer, and fell into the fine lines, making them more apparent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After going through countless tubes of drugstore concealer and foundation, I've finally decided to invest in something higher-end for my uneven skin. Before, I was using a pencil conealer from Maybelline, but it was discontinued. Then I started using the Revlon Colorstay Blemish Concealer in Light, which matched nicely but I had to layer it a ton to fully cover my acne scars (or wear a lot of foundation). I also once bought Hard Candy's Glamoflauge, which covered well, but it had an oily texture so I had to use a ton of powder. Getting the MUFE Full Cover Concealer was one of the best decisions I've made! I bought it in #6, a yellow-toned shade that appeared much too pale for me at first, but after letting it dry, it matched perfectly. I love how it has a matte finish, and that it doesn't budge once it has set. Only the tiniest amount is needed to cover a spot and at most I need two layers, so don't be scared away by the price! And, thanks to Full Cover, I now only need to wear one layer of foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I liked this when I had oily skin and needed something VERY opaque for under the eyes, but now I have dry skin and use it mostly on red areas and hyperpigmentation.
I like this because you get a lot of product for your money, it has pretty good coverage and the colour (5) suits my NC15-20 skin very nicely, works well for the slight hyperpigmentation I get after a blemish. What I don't like about this is that it sets too dry on my already dry skin. The areas on my nose look nice with this on because there's more oil there, but the blemishes I get on my forehead look dry and sometimes even flaky with this on. This doesn't suit a drying blemish because it will flake off and I would also never put this under my eyes again because I don't want to get premature wrinkles.
I have found that I like Kanebos pen-type concealer best for eyes (light coverage) and powder foundation on where I have blemishes - that's what works best for me. I'm not saying this product is bad, but it doesn't really work for me unless I want to cover redness or hyperpigmentation, which I don't really get that often.
You will like this if:
- you want something with pretty good coverage even when applied in small amount
- if you have oilier skin
- if you want this to cover hyperpigmentation (smooth texture - not dry and flaky, but may work for acne scars)
- if you need something with decent lasting power
You will not like this:
- if you need an undereye concealer (unless you have quite oily skin under your eyes)
- if the skin you want to cover has uneven texture (dry, flaky, blemishes that are "watery" - this will slide off)
- if you need it to last the whole day - it's long lasting, but not unbudgable - I actually think MAC's Pro Longwear is better for that, but it's also drier, so if your skin isn't oily, it will look caky
It's MUCH BETTER to apply this with a brush (I prefer angled ones actually, like the brow brush from EcoTools) than fingers if you're applying it to blemishes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by keishanshan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I swtchd my concealer from MAC to MUFE
Both liquid concealer i used but MUFE's one is more long-lasting
this concealer is very fast in drying, so normally i will just take a little squeeze and apply on my dark circle area.. blend it faster and it will give a very great coverage. A lil squeeze takes a long way.
The SA in sephora even told me that this concealer can cover tattoo but I don't have a tattoo so I have no idea whether it really works on tattoo.

BTW, this is so far the best concealer
Pros : not too pricey, long lasting, full coverage, natural
Cons : need to blend it immediately >.<

The concealer I used before
1) MAC prolong wear concealer : medium coverage, cakey
2) MAC ....... Concealer : too liquid-ish, easy to fade off
3) TheFaceShop concealer stick : bad coverage, looks obvious that i was wearing concealer
4) Laneige : medium coverage, doesn't really works