September 19, 2014 | 1987 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by raindrops_on_roses

I picked up this mascara after seeing it featured in this month's Glamour magazine. It is an older Cover Girl mascara and is not really on many people's radar, but it should be. I love the look it creates on my lashes: mostly lengthening, with perfect separation, and more volume achievable with subsequent coats. It holds a curl like you would not believe. It's the perfect everyday (but still "wow, you have great lashes") mascara. I am OCD and have tried every mascara but I still love it. It has a traditional bristle brush, which I have decided I prefer to the new plastic spike-variety. It is cheap--although it's missing from the CG display at some stores, it's worth hunting for. In short: sometimes, when it comes to mascara, you really don't need to reinvent the wheel. CG, please never discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cover Girl seems to be one of the few brands that can make claims like "smudgeproof" and "flakeproof" and actually mean it. I got this for under $5 at Walmart, and its the best mascara I've tried to date. No smudges, No flakes, lasts all day and its easy to remove at night. I love it! I just wish it didn't have parabens in it. Thats the only thing about it that may make me look for another mascara one day.

P.S. I have wicked oily skin, so most mascaras don't last on me at all - except this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe how well this thickens my lashes for the price. It tends to clump a little bit if you apply too much at once. If you wait till one coat dries before appling the next one, it really does build thickness. It doesn't flake or smudge off either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is okay. I got this mascara to replace my Max Factor 2000 calorie, but I don't think the formula is similar at all. I like my eyelashes to be as black and thick as possible, but this just didn't do it for me. So far, L'oreal voluminous in carbon black is my second favorite right next to maxfactor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by 2010

Love this! Much better than the blue Professional tube mascara. I stopped using CG mascaras due to the fact that there mascaras are really not (IMO) for sensitive eyes / contact wearers. But, this mascara doesn't bother my eyes as much as their Lashblast mascaras etc did so that's good.

PROS
Gives me great thick looking lashes
and some length
the color is dark
the formula leaves my lashes still feeling soft

CONS
- kinda bothers my eyes, but not as much as other mascaras

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The name is a lie, it didn't make my lashes super thick. But, it made my lashes super long and moderately thick :P. Really awesome mascara, cheaper than dept store mascaras and worked better than many of the ones I've tried.

The only thing I don't like is the brush that comes with it. I used the spike-ball brush that came with L'Oreal Telescopic and it let me get every little eyelash I have and make it super long.

Awesome mascara and totally worth the price. At least try it.. if you don't like it, then you're only out like $5.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by hotlips94

HATE!!!! all this mascaraa did was clump and flake. when it says it gives u a super thick lash it gives u a gross thick lash!!! it dries very quickly. it is a good mascara for first timeres though but when it comes to about a month it will dry and clump and flake. never purchasing aagain!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by debscar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I read that this was to replace MF 2000 Calorie. It doesn't. I liked it when I first put it on, but by the end of the day....nothing but smudging. It looked like it was also starting to flake. I'll stick to my Dior Extase, much more expensive but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by paigejustine

This is my HG mascara! I bought it several times over the past few years, and was always happy with the results. For some reason, I decided to try the new cover girl lash blast fusion (nowhere near the volume); I've tried mabelline's colossal (very voluminous/long, but SUPER runny and gave me spider lashes). Finally, I recently bought Mabelline define-a-lash because I heard it has a different consistency than the colossal. It was super thin, and although it gave my lashes some length, it made me look like I had approximately 5 eyelashes. Zero volume. Negative volume even.

I was not happy with any of these new mascaras, and I luckily found my Professional Super Thick Lash in my purse from last season. Tried it again...amazing!! My eyelashes are short-to-medium in length and super thin, and this definitely gives me great length and volume. Highly recommend!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In summation:

Lashblast: Overrated
Super Thick: Underrated

This is a great, balanced mascara. It's long lasting and waterproof. It holds my curl (thank you Japonesque!) beautifully all day. No smudging, smearing, flaking or irritation. It's proportional between lengthening and thickening. No frills, and no hype. Love it.