Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 1/18/2012 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the best liquid foundation I have found to this day. I have extremely dry skin that's prone to flaking a lot.I am also really pale so finding a shade that doesn't look orange on me is nearly impossible to achieve. I was skeptical about it at first due to my past experiences with liquid foundation. I wish the bottle was different but I like the formula,color,ect. It stays on very nicely and I have no complaints other than I would like a heavier coverage.I will be staying with this liquid foundation for as long as they produce it.

on 1/17/2012 2:41:00 AM

It's such a shame because this foundation covers better than any other I have tried. My main issue was that it broke me out and was waaay too pink. By the end of the day I looked orange and cakey which is obviously not a good look on anyone. It also definitely does transfer. Too bad :(

on 1/14/2012 5:25:00 PM

This is definitely a full coverage foundation, and applied the wrong way could result in cakey looking results.

the best way to apply this is use a very small amount and use thin coats with a foundation brush as it needs to blend seamlessly. applied correctly, it gave a very nice finish, almost didn't need to set it with powder. very good coverage, good staying power. the only thing is i wish it had a pump!

As a lifelong makeup addict, I've tried a lot of foundations at a lot of different price points. This one is very affordable but is definitely among the best. The coverage is great, the staying power is great, it's not drying, and it's not oily. It's not perfect but its pretty close. It's very affordable too, which is a nice bonus!

on 1/9/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and have always had a hard time finding a foundation that would last and control oil! I went to purchase a drug store brand foundation that I could use when I knew I wouldn't be going out and needing all day wear! I picked this up because it had 24 hour stay on the bottle and oil control. Much to my surprise it is true to its name when it says oil control! It does not last 24 hours however any time a brand puts a number to its product I never feel the product lives up to it! I paid $11 for this foundation and two most prior purchased a smashbox foundation at $42 ... smashbox is now collecting dust because I feel this foundation has WAY better coverage and is true to its name!!! LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!

on 1/6/2012 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this in the shade Classic Ivory which is too pale for my skin tone. I have medium to tan Asian skin and this is way to pink and pale. I love the actual foundation though. Great coverage, light feel and long lasting. Not that I have much to compare it to, since it's the only foundation I've ever used. Took a lippie off since I wish the packaging had a pump but all well. If it was between a good foundation vs an ok foundation with a pump I'd definitely go with the first option!

I purchased this in Sand beige which is the second lightest color. The lightest color was a bit too light and too pink for me. Sand beige seems to have more neutral undertones. I mix equal parts of this and my Makeup For Ever HD microperfecting primer in pink and apply it to me face with my fingers. I then use a damp makeup sponge and press the product into my skin. This leaves my skin looking FLAWLESS! My pores disappear, it covers up any redness I may have, and it dries to a semi matte, airbrushed finish. I then use my EL DW concealer in extra light (HG concealer!) I LIGHTLY dust Mac's prep and prime transparent finishing powder just under my eyes and end with a light dusting of benefit's Hello Flawless in neutral champagne to set the foundation. I prob don't need the powder but it lightens the color just a titch. This is my latest face routine and I absolutely love this foundation. The color is an exact match to EL DW light intensity 2 and the finish and lasting power seem to be similar as well. Overall, this is a fantastic foundation!

on 1/3/2012 11:08:00 PM

MY SKIN: Oily, significant acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, redness around the nose. Yellow undertones.

THE PRICE: $10 at most places

PACKAGING: Typical screw top bottle, no pump (which is a con)

HOW I APPLIED: With EcoTools bronzer brush (which is pretty much a dense kabuki). No primer.

COVERAGE/APPLICATION: Full coverage, easy to blend (much better than Revlon Colorstay). However, I noticed it settled into my fine line around my mouth and eyes. I set it with Revlon Colorstsay pressed powder.

WEAR: Wore this on a 12 hour work day. Coverage wise, it wore well. I had a little shine by the end of the day but nothing signifcant.

DOES IT TRANSFER?: Yes!! This was the deal breaker for me. It transfers horrendously unto clothes and collars.

OVERALL: No repurchase. Despite the good coverage, it still settled into lines and looked rather cakey. I hated how badly it transferred too. A miss for me.

on 12/30/2011 1:00:00 AM

I've only worn this for 1 day, so my review may change. So far, so good. Yes, it got shiny on my forehead but it did not break up like EL Total Camo. I'm NC15 or NC20 depending on the product and Sand Beige is a good match. Unlike other reviewers this did not oxidize on me. It covers well and is very easy to apply, unlike Revlon Colorstay and EL DW. It did rub off around my runny nose, but it still blended in and did not leave an obvious foundation to no foundation line. Anybody who knows a snot- proof foundation or concealer please email me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Obsessed! My favorite foundation & I also have NARS Sheer Glow and Make Up Forever HD! Great coverage for problem areas and looks so natural applied with a damp sponge. Some of the shades are a little too pink though,