April 21, 2014 | 1525 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by JHeartsMakeup93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the LM Tinted moisturizer for awhile now & decided I wanted something w/ fuller coverage that would last a long time, so after seeing a review for this I thought the claims were too good to be true, but decided to purchase it anyway. I have to say I am PLEASANTLY SURPRISED! My skin is sooo oily that it's hard to wear foundation 'cause it always cakes, but this one doesn't! It keeps the oil off for a few hours before I have to blot again (which is a long time for my skin). I also have a fair/medium skin tone w/ VERY yellow undertones, so I got the shade "Classic Beige" 'cause after seeing swatches it looked like a good match. It was darker than my LMTM in "Nude", but it was the closest match in my opinion. The only con is that I just wish there were more shades to pick from. The options they have currently don't seem suitable for many people. Some are very pink, one was orange-ish & the shades are pretty dark. "Classic Beige" is still what I'm using even though it's a bit darker than my skin, but I know in the summer it would be perfect! Plus, the finish is so wonderful I really don't care lol. APPLICATION: Sadly there is no pump so it can get messy, but to apply I pour some out on a flat surface (a little goes a long way), then I either dip my ELF flat powder brush or my MAC foundation brush into the product & blend evenly throughout my face. Then afterwards I apply my Neutrogena Translucent powder or my ELF HD powder to set everything. Or for even more coverage, the Dream Matte Powder works really well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I canít believe the search for the perfect foundation has finally ended: this is *the* one! And I donít even like most Maybelline products, lol. The somewhat peachy nude (European) color (021 Nude) is perfect for my light cool toned combo skin, it blends right in. I love that they didnít add any fragrance to it, and the texture is amazing: slightly matte but very natural, never cakey or too powdery. I hate the fake look and the heavy/sticky feeling so many foundations leave behind. With Superstay 24h I love how I canít even feel that Iím wearing anything on my face and still get that full coverage I need so bad. I have been using it for four months now, and Iím still truly amazed by that, lol.

It doesnít settle into my fine lines, doesnít cling to my dry patches, and itís the only product with sunscreen that hasnít broken me out yet (the European version contains SPF 19). Products containing sunscreen tend to make me very oily as well, which doesnít happen either. Itís so matte that I donít even use powder anymore. On extremely hot days I do use some corn starch on my T-zone though, which BTW works way better for me than any face powder Iíve ever used, yay!

I use Superstay 24h with the ELF Powder Brush (the dense flattop one). It's quick and gives me a much better result than I get from sponges, regular foundation brushes or my fingers. The ELF brush gives an amazing flawless finish, and I have *far* from perfect skin! Lots of blemishes, acne scarrring, redness, broken capillaries, dry patches, hyper pigmentation: you name it I have it. And itís all almost fully erased by *one* pump of Superstay foundation, hehe. On an very bad skin day I might use a drop more, but usually one pump is enough to cover my face, the upper part of my neck, my forehead and the area under my chin. I love that it comes in a pump in Europe. I canít believe this is still sold in the unhygienic, unconvenient wide neck bottle in the US. Please do something about it, Maybelline!

Ok, here comes my application routine: I start by applying one pump on top of my hand, dip the brush lightly into it and stipple it on one half of my face. I go back and blend by using quick circular motions. Then I repeat both steps for the other half of my face. I then go over the spots that need more coverage once more. If by then thereís still a scar or blemish visible, I go over it again and it will be practically erased. *Without* looking cakey.

Ever since Iíve been using it with the ELF Powder Brush, I find that I donít need concealer anymore, other than the under eye area. My Maybelline SuperStay 24h Concealer in Light has been neglected in my make up drawer. I do still use my Garnier Anti-dark circles roll-on in Light, just to brighten the area a bit more, but itís no longer a necessity.

Superstay 24h foundation can be applied with light coverage if you mix it with your moisturizer. Undiluted and applied sparingly youíll get medium coverage, and one pump or more gives you full coverage. I like it much better than Vichy Dermablend foundation, because I achieve even better results (invisible non cakey full coverage), and itís much easier to work with (not so hard to blend and easier to remove). It does transfer more than Dermablend though. But I have found that even on hot days Superstay 24h stays put all day on my combo skin. As long as I donít touch my face too much, of course. It holds up very well at the gym too and never oxidized on me. Most foundations Iíve tried melted right off my T-zone during a regular work day, let alone under sweaty conditions.

Does it last 24 hours? I have no idea, lol. The days I went out till the crack of dawn are long gone. It gets me through a 16 hour work day perfectly fine though, and thatís plenty for me. It comes off pretty easily with towelettes for waterproof make up. I then wash my face twice with mild soap, just to be on the safe side, and clean it is.

All in all I cannot find a serious con, other than the fact that the pump doesnít reach the bottom of the bottle, which is pretty wasteful. I hope Maybelline will work on that. Especially since a 30 ml (1 oz) bottle costs Ä 14 overhere ($19).

In short: this really is that miracle product I was looking for! The only natural looking full coverage foundation I have ever found! Thank you, Maybelline, and please donít *ever* discontinue this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by kattt17

I'll just mention these 3 things that made me pleasantly surprised:
- it DOES look good on photos
- it makes my oily T-zone MATTE and the rest of my face is DEWY (I dont know how this is possible but it really works for me)
- it DOES stay long (and yes, it takes long to remove it too)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by sannmarie

My quest to find the perfect shade and formula is over. I'm naturally pale and slightly pink but over the years I've darkened a bit under the Australian sun, so my skin varies from being pale/blush/tanned-orange. Thank god, Classic Ivory is pale with an orange and slightly peach undertone that matches my skin absolutely perfectly. I've tried countless foundations and even though each brand offers plenty of shades for lighter/medium hues I was yet to find the perfect shade till now. On top of this the formula itself is perfect in every sense; creamy, blendable, buildable coverage and matte enough for my oily skin without being too powdery like Chanel Perfection Lumiere. If your lucky enough to match one of the shades you will have gained yourself the perfect, affordable and flattering foundation. Excuse my salesman-like gushing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by katiedelaney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this foundation. I have re-perchased this a couple of times now. I use it everyday. I'm in the shade 'nude' and I love the 'yellow' colour of it. I fake tan so it matches really good. It lasts all day and doesn't make my oily skin oily. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by aliciaann1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absoluetly love this foundation! Its amazing. I've been using this stuff for a couple months now and I am in love. I like how it doesn't leave my skin oily (in my T-zone, nose and chin area) it gives me full coverage, even when wearing a little bit.
The only things I don't like about this product is how much it is..its kindof expensive and I wish it came in a pump..I have to pour it on the top of my hand..sometimes a lot comes out and its too much. But I'm getting used to that now. Those are my two complaints about this product. But I will definetly be buying it again! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this product is amazing, I was a die-hard Colorstay fan, but I couldn't really find my shade and it always wore off for me. I ended up picking this up and I just love it, I've been using it ever since. I still haven't found my perfect color, But i mix Superstay in nude with Fit me (darker shade), and it works PERFECTLY. Doesn't really wear off!!!

My advice:
Wear it with Moisturizer and Primer - It definitely makes a difference. (I use Ponds dry skin Cream and Hard Candy Primer (white/clear).
After you blend it with your foundation brush, run a clean kabuki brush over your skin to get the PERFECT streak free looking skin.
Use a bit of highlighter, A little bit goes a long way.
I use the Victoria's Secret Face Poweder to set it.
----------
Cons:
It does come off on clothes/napkins or whatever, but i definitely don't need to constantly apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyncleaveley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very good product......Users Beware tho...although it DOES blend very very well and the coverage is hellamazing! ;) .. its so TRUE what they say about the shades being SUPER DARK probally too dark for alote of women with fair fair skin. thats where im lucky i JUUUST am able to wear it, it looks a littl dark but i wear it anyway ;) so if you are lucky enough to find your shade BUY IT you will love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

To preface, I can say that in general, I dislike the majority of Maybelline's makeup. I only have 2 things that I purchased and continue to use (Define-a-Brow and Dream Matte Powder). So...sort of hesitant to pick up this foundation, but I've heard a lot of good YT reviews so I gave it a go. So glad I did!

This has amazing semi-matte coverage which does not make me oily at all. I could still blot but it's not like I'm a greaseball after a couple of hours. The foundation is also light coverage but very buildable.

I got it in Sand Beige and it is EXACTLY my skintone, not even the slightest bit off in any way, shape or form. (I'm NC20 right now for reference.) I normally apply 2 layers because I need a bit more coverage right now, but once my skin clears up a bit I would only need one. It blends in so beautifully to my skin too. Never looks cakey.

I'm so glad I found this DS gem. It will be in my arsenal for quite a while!

As far as it staying for 24 hours...yeah, who knows. I'll never wear my m/u that long, but it lasts for a full day's wear for me (about 10 hours).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I've been trying different drugstore liquids. I have really enjoyed using the long lasting ones. I am consistently a victim of makeup meltdown, even though I have very dry skin. So as far as this goes, I have to say that those who say that this is more blendable than Revlon Colorstay are crazy. I think the exact opposite of that statement. I also think that this is more matte and provides more coverage than Revlon Colorstay. I prefer a more dewy finish, so I just take down the matteness with a highlighter or shimmery bronzer. This is a full coverage foundation. I have yet to test the longevity of this, which I will update on. But as for now, I like it, although I think I like Colorstay a little more than this because of the finish and that Colorstay has SPF, which this does not. UPDATE: I'm not sure I buy the zero transfer claim because everytime I touched my face, makeup came off. It also didn't look as fresh as ColorStay by the end of the day, which was a very hard day, btw. UPDATE: Wore this for about 15 hours the other day and it still looked gorgeous at the end of the day. Set it with a luminous setting powder and it looked lot less matte and dry.