August 27, 2014 | 1384 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by FloralRed

This is some good stuff!
Who would have thought that proper moisturizing would help acne? ... or at least I didn't. I always moisturize, but the products that I was using didn't seem to help. I bought this because I heard that it's a very effective moisturizer, even if it says for this or that skin type. Before I used this, my skin was going through hell. I moved about an hour away from my hometown to college, and my college is located near the beach so it's very humid there! For whatever reason my skin turned into combo skin. It was dry, flaky-feeling when you touched it, and it was very oily at the same time. I'm guessing because of the weird irritation, my skin started breaking out. After using this cream under SPF during the day and my night cream before bed my skin turned normal! It was amazing! Pimples reduced by a lot, and my skin looked supple and just moisturized. I also go back home sometimes on the weekend, and my hometown's climate is pretty dry, and this stuff still does the job. Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream saves my skin in any climate. :)
I wish this came in a pump, because I always get a little grossed out when I have to keep touching what's already in the tub, but nothing bad has happened to my skin so I don't see any further problems. The tub is giant, so it's well worth the price. I haven't used this on the body yet, just the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jule90k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin during the winter time and this cream is the only one that has truly helped the dryness stay away. I've tried MANY different kinds of moisturizers. From asian brands to drugstore products, I never found a lotion that helped with my dryness/flakiness. But alas, I have FINALLY found it and it's the this Cetaphil Cream...

I use it at night and apply right after washing my face with an oil-free based cleanser. I typically use the Cetaphil cleanser. Since I'm currently using two types of medications for my acne (tretinoin and clindamycin), I thought I would break out using this cream since it's not oil free. But no such thing has happened! It has officially become my holy grail moisturizer for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sarandipity68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!

skin type: normal- sometimes combination (oily and normal and dry) but usually normal

not a fan of their cleanser so was hesitant to try it, but did since it was about $8.00 for the big tub, and thought i could use it as a hand cream if it failed as a moisturizer.. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS CREAM.. It is wonderful for winter time (might be a bit heavy for summer, but will update review once summer hits)

My face glows, and it moisturizes so well. I use it all over my face, neck hands.. In the past i have used
korres rose moisturizer ( $30+)
lush, vanishing cream ($42.)
olay mosturizer ($8)
clinique dramatically different moisturizing ($25)

And the cetaphil so far is the best one. i stopped using my korres mositurizer because i prefer this cream instead. a MUST try, and it is so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this on my face as a night cream. It is a bit thick, but it is perfect for overnight. Never had a problem with breakouts. No fragrance which is nice. I purchased the tube, which I always prefer, so it is sanitary. I believed I paid around $15 CAD. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by PixiewithSticks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This has been my go to everyday moisturizer for years. I use it everywhere except my face. I didn't start having dry skin issues until I was about 25 or so, not sure what changed at that time, but I started getting dry skin especially in the winter. Cetaphil keeps my skin soft and smooth year round, plus it's very good for irritated skin and for after waxing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by BitJustGingerly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the one product I have bought many times, over and over, since I discovered it 15+ years ago. If you are looking for a no frills, non-irritating, and reasonably priced moisturizer that won't make you break out, get this. It can also be bought in a 3 ounce tube, although a little pricier than the big jar, but perfect for travel and your purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin has been dry ever since I moved to Canada from the US about six years ago. I had perfect, trouble-free skin before the move (even in my teen years), so I was never quite sure what to do about the problems I've encountered since moving (thanks Ontario!). The dry, painful skin seems to get worse with every winter, so I knew I had to suck it up and try to find a new face moisturizer this year. I went through a bunch of Neutrogena and Oil of Olay moisturizers that were doing absolutely nothing to moisturize my face these days; they just burned and seemed to dry me out more.
Skincare products are ridiculously expensive here, usually 2-4 times what they are in the States, so I hate buying new products. But I read tons of reviews on many different sites over the past couple months and finally decided to give Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream a try (mostly due to the great reviews here on MUA). After using the cream for only two days, my skin was totally fixed. No dry patches, no acne, no pain, and my skin was actually smooth and healthy looking (like seriously glowing.. and not greasy, *glowing*). I've been using it for about 4 weeks now and my skin looks so nice that my husband has even started using the Cetaphil (and I've been begging him to use moisturizer for years to no avail).
The cream does take 10 or so minutes to really sink in, but I don't mind at all. It's heaven to put on a cream and not have it make my skin burn and feel tighter. And I love washing my face and putting the cream on at night before bed, and waking up with perfect, soft skin. It feels very decadent and soothing to me.
I'm not sure that I'll use this in the summer, as it is very heavy, but this is a lifesaver for me right now. I use it on my face, chest area, arms and hands, and my skin hasn't felt or looked this good in a long time... I'm so happy that I gave this a try. This is a HG item for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found the perfect deep moisturizer for my face! I noticed my normal facial moisturizer (currently Murad) wasn't doing the job and I had dry patches that caused my makeup to flake. I use many products containing salicylic acid and am very breakout prone, so the most important thing I look for in a facial moisturizer is that it be noncomedogenic (doesn't clog pores). Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is amazing. I use it at night so it can really sink in, and just in case I get super oily by chance. It has never caused or irritated any breakouts. I have the tube version which is perfect. The texture is very smooth and doesn't feel greasy. I love this especially for the winter when my skin needs all the moisture it can get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG moisturizing for my super dry skin. I have rosacea and this doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all.
Totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great moisturising cream for normal to dry skin types! Really moisturises and makes skin soft use it every night! In the mornings I like to use a moisturiser with spf. Does not irritate my sensitive skin and plus it is fragrance free. I have serious allergies to fragrances so I have to use fragrance free products. I love the fact that there are companies out that formulate there products for sensitive skin and realise that not everyone has got tolerant skin.