August 1, 2014 | 1937 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by youdoyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser with a serum and light moisturizer and my skin is really looking great! I find this cleanser to be excellent at removing my oil and sunscreen at the end of the day! I love it, I really do think this is keeping my skin clear. I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. This cleanser is not the least bit irritating if I use it in a system with a serum and moisturizer. However, if I didn't hydrate my skin after, it would for sure be drying, like any cleanser! HG

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

There was a time when my skin was very acne prone and would break out easily, and I tried so many acne products. I bought this and quite disliked it. It dried my skin like crazy after only 2 uses, so I didn't even use it long enough to find out if it would work on getting rid of the breakouts. I will not buy this again because of the over-drying and the price just wasn't right for what it delivers.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by huongxink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought it once when acne appeared in my face... it doesnt help me at all...
i stopped using after few times...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Jeux

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG! I only used this product twice and I have had a severe reaction to it. My eyes have swollen , my skin is red and itchy and it feels burnt. Like a chemical peel . My skin feels raw. It's so dry , nothing I put on it can soothe it . I have never had a reaction to anything like this before.
I'm in day two of the reaction and it only seems to be getting worse.
I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by prcsillusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really love this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by allylane1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WORST THING EVER! This product DRIED OUT my skin. I used it only for two days and my skin broke out, with an itchy red rash, and then it got flaky... just awful. Maybe this can work on a normal skin, but if you have sensitive skin, donít even think about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by TibbyCanoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers who say this product will dry out skin. There must be ingredient in here besides the salycilic acid that does it. Salycilic acid is a good anti acne ingredient if you HAVE skin that's easily irritated and I have used it in other products, no problems. I suppose if you are looking for something to soak up oil like a sponge - this could do the trick. HOWEVER, if your skin is remotely sensitive, it will suck up oil like a LEECH and leave an itchy red rash in its place. I wash my face in the shower from forehead to chest, and I had red itchy blotches on my neck and on my face. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I even changed laundry detergent because I thought it was my sheets and towels, but then it occurred to me, I changed my face wash. I threw away the face wash and the rash went away in a few days. I have used salycilic acid in other cleansers and it doesn't bother me - it's got to be some other drying out or irritating agent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mmartan

It does feel drying however it doesn't bother me - I use a moisturiser right after anyway.

I don't have acne prone skin; used it as preventative purpose.

Will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by baebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works wonderful for me personally. I was recommended this by my dermatologist for acne.

I wouldn't recommend using this everyday twice a day. possibly every night or every other night as it might dry out your skin. i would use a more gentle wash in between.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mlq490

Why so much hate for this? It's not the cleanser's fault that your skin is getting dried up, it's the salicylic acid. I started using salicylic acid in a very low concentration in a moisturizer. And yes, my skin got super dry and flaky and red and all that. Then I realized you have to start using salicylic acid, or any acne medication for that matter, infrequently. If you immediately start using it once a day or twice a day when your skin isn't used to it... your face will dry up. You have to start at like once every other day then go to how often you're willing to use the product (for me, twice a day). But anyway, does this cleanser work? For me, it definitely did. Using it regularly all but cleared up my acne, but in conjunction with a moisturizer and acne spot treatment. However, I noticed when I put this cleanser in my skin care routine it really made a difference, instead of whatever lame cleanser I used before.
Bottom line: this rocks. I would really recommend it, but be careful of how often you start using it, and don't forget to moisturize after using this!
Also, FYI, the Walmart/CVS/whatever cleanser that say "compare to this cleanser" work just as well, as I found out, but are cheaper. So I've since stopped using this particular product, but it's the original and the first one I tried so I might as well review this one.