October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Broke out like CRAZY. My skin's never been so bad while using this. Back to my regular routine and skin's clearing up, thankfully.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by christinaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with some previous posts, I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this product. It is NOT marketed for sensitive skin - in fact it states on the packaging that people with sensitive skin should not use this. This product is only for the oily and acne prone. And by 'acne prone' this addresses the people who actively get acne, NOT for those who consider themselves as acne prone because they get 1 pimple a month or something. And it is silly for people with dry skin to use this because of the 2% salicylic acid. It is clear that YES, it will dry out your skin.

For me, this has worked pretty well. I have extremely oily acne prone skin- with active breakouts and many blackheads. This does not diminish the active breakouts but it helps me to reduce the amount of build up in my skin and also helps abit with skin congestion. It helps keep my oil at bay for a good 2 hours. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by christina36182

This product is just okay. It's nothing special or is anything that people should rave about. Very very cheap product (around 5 dollars at my drugstore) so you get what you pay for. I like that there is a pump on it, compared to so many other face washes that are squeeze tubes. After using this product my skin definitely felt clean but it dried out my face so much! I already have dry skin so my skin felt chapped after using this. I'm sure the "acne-free" part has worked for some people, but it never really cleared up my skin after using it for a few months. I think it would be a good cleanser for those who don't really have acne prone skin, and would be good to just clean the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by jacqtwh

This is the absolute worst thing you can put on your face - especially if you have sensitive skin. On the first wash - the 2% salicylic acid was too harsh for me. It practically burnt off my face and left it dry and extremely irritated. I also developed rashes on the most sensitive areas of my face that itched very much.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by luv2shopic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it does its job, removing acne. but leaves your skin feeling dry. xoxo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

dried out my skin, andi have pretty resilient normal/comination skin! however, this combined with neutrogena on-the-spot did clear up my minor acne . when i use this at night i have to put a heavy moisturizer on, i've used eucerin aquaphor and it kept my skin from peeling like it did the first time i tried this cleanser.
if your skin is dry DO NOT use this! if your skin is normal like mine, i'd recommend only using this once a day or every other day. if you have oily skin then you'll probably be fine.
but i will not be buying this again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love that this cleanser comes in a pump, that it's easy to find and removes all my makeup. What I don't like is the way it left my skin looking dry, rough and red. Sunburn red. I was surprised at how dry my skin felt and looked after only using it 2X. Even after slathering on moisturizer, my skin still felt the sting of this cleanser which I found surprising considering how oily I am. In the end I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by littlereveries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a pretty good cleanser for the amount you pay for it (only 7 dollars). It's definitely not a miracle worker, but it's still OK for drugstore quality.
The main ingredient is salicylic acid, which I feel doesn't work as well as benezoyl peroxide, but it's gentler on skin.
It gives your face this nice clean feel after using it, however it does tend to make your face flushed for a little bit after you wash your face with it.
It minimizes the amount of pimples that form, although I typically have 2-3 stubborn zits that remain. It doesn't really do much for T-zone oiliness.
I think you would have to use this product with some other products for a really good result, but overall it's just a basic cleanser for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by MMDLS

Ive been using this cleanser for about 3 years. Its pretty good, doesnt dry me out but cleans the gunk out. It still doesnt completely clear every one of my zits but i dont blame it cuz i have cystic acne soo.. Lol ya does the job.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ups:
It clears up most of the acne on my face, though I still have 2-3 zits left no matter what.
It makes my face more than squeaky clean and wakes me up in the mornings.
I don't mind the smell too much, but it's definitely a chemical smell.
There's no benzoyl peroxide, which my skin can't handle because it'd dry up and flake terribly.
I keep going back to this whenever my acne gets worse at the ugly time of the month.
It's quite cheap. I think around 7 dollars. And, it gives me about the same effect if not better than Clinique and Proactiv. Both of latter left my skin dry and didn't completely clear my skin either.

Downs:
I was already blaming my own skin for being dry until I quit using this. It's not dry anymore so long as I moisturize properly!
It doesn't clear up acne too well.
I cannot use ANY powder make up during the same time I use this. My face would be so dry that the powder cakes up dismally. Oil Free liquid foundations dry up too.

Edition: 12/20/2012: This doesn't do anything other than dry up my skin. I used a hotel facial soap while traveling and my skin had fewer breakouts.