September 22, 2014 | 1017 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by juhnay324

love this product will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

PROS:
(1) Works good to neutralize the redness on my nose and cheeks.
(2) Controls Oil
(3) Can be used solely over TM or foundation
(4) Price

CONS:
(1) Can make you look pale

I probably won't buy this again because I didn't notice a dramatic difference in my skin after wearing it. I got it for $1.50 so I had nothing to lose for trying it out. Just not impressed enough to buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by automaticflowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I use this without any foundation and it evens out my skin perfectly. Nice matte finish, and I go through my day feeling like I'm not wearing any makeup at all, which is great in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Great little product! I wanted a quick, easy and finely-milled powder for setting my liquid foundation and concealer. This is perfect! It really does feel like it neutralizes and perfects the coloring in my face. It leaves me with a nice soft-focus effect and no oilies. Not too powdery or ghostly. Just a great, streamlined product.

The packaging does leave a bit to be desired in that it opens easily. The first one I purchased and brought home only to find the product was all broken up. I just exchanged it the next day at Target and made sure to check that the product was intact this time. :-)
For $3, this is a steal.

**EDIT** Still very impressed with the quality, but I have found that this product, while neutralizing as it claims, just washes me out a bit too much. If I were naturally more fair, it would be great. But though I'm pretty light, I'm not quite light enough to make this work, even with a light hand. Maybe in the middle of winter when I haven't seen any sun for months!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I love love love this. Cannot live without it! The colours can be used individually but i just swirl them all with the ELF studio complexion brush and sweep all over my face when i want to mattify my oily skin! It really works and for 3.50 there is now way you can go wrong. If you have oily/combination skin then you should give this a go :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Crownroyalchinelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ill keep this review short. OF NO USE. Rubbbbbbish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Silrayan

At first I wasn't all that impressed--I was using it over tinted moisturizer and it acted like a normal powder (which is fine just not what I wanted it to do). This morning though, I was tired, skipped the TM and just used this. Hours later my skin tone still looks nice and even! I'm considering skipping TM more often!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by mylalaland1o

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was one of my first E.L.F purchases and I really do not know what made me buy it but I am really HAPPY I did. This works as a great setting powder and controls oil extremely well! Most other long wearing powders don't really do much to controls my oil but this one does and I rarely have to touch up!! AMAZING. Also to me this makes my foundation (even full coverage formulas) look natural on my skin!! BUT I only use the green and yellow colors and buff it all over my skin. Because I have warm undertones the pink and blue shades (even though they come off mostly white) make me look weird and ghostly looking. I find it funny that only the yellow and green shades are used up. So half of the product is halfway used and the other half is barely touched. This is my HG for powders and will continue to repurchase...I only wish I had the option of buying only the green and yellow colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim, didn't really know what to expect. I swatched each color individually when I got home. Each color came off as white so I didn't really see how it would be a corrector. I was having one of those "too lazy to put on make up" days and so I just wore moisturizer and this powder over my face. I swirled all the colors together and lightly dusted it on my face and it gave me a ghostly white appearance. Luckily, I wasn't going out that day. I didn't have any concealer on, thinking the green would neutralize my redness. Nope, not one bit. I thought it could also serve as a mattifying powder. It was okay. Not that great either. Felt like I had to touch up quite a bit. Oh, and this product caused me to break out. ): I got a a few humungojungo pimples around my nose after being clear for like 2 months. T_T the packaging is nice, but can easily slip from your hands if you're not careful. really nice big mirror.
for 3 dollar, its a pretty good product. but didn't work for me besides break me out some and make me look ghostly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Skindz

I bought this from an Australian company who resells ELF products. I didn't think that this could be used as a skin tone corrector from all the reviews that I had seen from youtube. Fortunately for my NW20 skin, not only did it even out my skin tone, it was also a fanatastic finishing powder. I've ditched my old powder and this one has taken over for my everyday look.

Pros: Good as a skin tone corrector for those with pale skin, doesn't make you feel cakey, big mirror, sleek packaging and sets makeup well

Cons: Can be a bit powdery, lots of fall out, fades quite quickly throughout the day, wouldn't recommend it for people with dry skin and it might look white or really light on darker skin tones.