September 18, 2014 | 936 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so glad I tried this before I bought it. I know it "reacts" to your natural lip color so everyone has different results, but I hated my results! I am a very neutral kind of girl and was hoping this would be a pale pink on me. It turned out bright, almost-neon pink, and with the shine it looked like patent pink leather. It was really unflattering and looked tacky. I completely hated the color. Also, I wasn't a fan of the texture, which was basically just like vaseline. It wore off quickly and didn't leave my lips feeling any smoother or more moisturized. The taste was unpleasant. I can't believe they get away with charging $30 for this! Seriously not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by COCO792

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't bought this, I was in Boots with my friend and we were trying products from the Dior counter. I'd heard about this and wanted to try it out.

the colour of the balm on the stick is kind of bright pink but not super pigmented. and when I put it on it looked super bright Barbie pink. but I did put lots on to get the full effect. I actually really like the pink it gave me, it gave me a real light bright pinky pink. I just think it was too Barbie. but hopefully with just one coat it will look more natural. my lips really glow with this. we tried a few glosses aswell and Dior lip products have a glow that I've never seen before on any lip product.

it is a lip balm, not a gloss and not a lipstick. and it's not a combination of either. it's just a tinted lip balm. if your still not convinced it even feels like a chapstick, but softer and more luxurious. the consistency is neither sticky or glossy, just smooth and silky.

I think the price is disgusting for a lip balm 20+. if it was 15 I would buy it but at 21 is just ridiculous!

it didn't seem to last long on me either, it started off bright pink straight away then faded and came back. but my lips did feel really smooth and soft after using this. if your prepared to pay an extortionate price for this then go for it because it does work. but otherwise it's just too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Anna8318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm did not impress me and I won't be buying this again.
Pros:
- Hydrates your lips and leaves them very soft
- Subtle scent
- Gorgeous packaging

Cons:
- Price
- Had to be careful with number of swipes because it turned FUCHSIA on my lips! One swipe provided a pop of color, but 2 or more and I looked like I was ready to hit the club. At work, you just can't be bothered to count how many swipes of LIP BALM you're applying - it shouldn't even have to cross your mind.

Really, it was the hot Barbie pink color that ruined my experience with this lip balm. But if it gives you a nice touch of pink, give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Kate208

I love this product. It creates a nice natural pink shade on my mouth. It looks great with or without any other make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Stupid expensive - I feel like a sucker for loving this, but the color is perfect for me. I wear very little makeup and have medium pigmented, full lips without lines or severe dryness. There has not been enough time for me to say if this is particularly moisturizing or not, but I use Kiehl's lip balm a few times a day for that. The color of this balm lasts a couple of hours , leaving a light stain behind. On my lips this turns a sheer, dewey (not sticky or glossy) bright pink - the same color as my cheeks when I blush. I'll buy it again because I can justify the price since I buy and use very few lip products.

Update - changing to "no" regarding repurchase, as I am switching to more natural products, but I still think this is worth the price. It's good, and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is worth a try ONLY if you're willing to pull out the big bucks. It is a wonderfully versatile color that customizes to your natural lip color. The color I get is more of a dark pink that really brightens up my complexion. The moisture is wonderful and gives a subtle sheen for a good hour and a half or so. After the shine wears out a bit you get more of a stained effect which is equally lovely. Because this balm will look different on everyone, it is very unique and worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Rennan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This last all day! I had this for like 6+ months and it's was so awesome. Now I'm down to the nub! I can't wait to get another one! Totally get one. I toe mine for $35-$40 from Shoppers Drug Mart but it lasts so long! It was worth it. Also my mom bought it for me, so... It will be cool buying it for myself. Totally tell you BF to get this for you. Best gift ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mimicosmetics

I cannot really rave enough about this lip balm. It really is nice. The packaging does not look crazy cheap and you get that good, snobby feeling after pulling it out in public. Besides that, the lip balm is really good at doing its job. The color is gives you is very suitable, I've let some of my girlfriends have a swipe and they love it! So much so that they've purchased a tube themselves. The only bad thing I can say about this balm is the price. $28 is just about $10 too much. I'd be willing to pay $18 because well, it's Dior, and it's a lip balm. The consistency is AMAZING. Very jelly-like, and not too sticky at all. Like if you were to mix a MAC lipglass with some chapstick. The color is promising and pretty natural. I have slightly pigmented lips, a cool toned natural pink and this balm gives me rosy pink lips. Like lip stain. It also gives you some shine, also very natural. This is very versatile because the color goes with everything, it livens up your face but you can pull it off without looking like a hoochie mama if you had a smokey eye on that day. Moisturizes for maybe 30 minutes or so, but the color stays on for 4 hours. If you were to use this everyday consistently, this balm would maybe last you... 1 1/2 or 2 months. Would totally buy this again, I'm willing to shell out $28 but c'mon now Dior, it's a damn balm!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by smuran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing a TON of positive feedback about this balm, I picked it up at Macys for $28.00. The packaging is super cute and chic, with a transparent pink case, that you pull off using a metal Christian Dior logo handle/knob type thing. Inside is a slim metal tube. The product itself is a very light pink in the bullet, but when swatched is virtually clear, or close to it. The consistency and feel is what I really enjoy about this balm. It glides on like butter, and feels kind of like a lip jelly ( think HIP jelly balms and MAC tendertones!) It is not sticky at all.
This is cool, because it is not a lipstick , nor a gloss, or a chapstick.
Its kind of a combo of all 3. The balm reacts to your natural lip color and enhances the pigmentation and adds a dewy look. My lips are a dark rosy shade, and the color was a gorgeous pinky-plum. On my sisters light pink lips it turned a girly bubblegummy rose. Its great , so you dont have to worry about getting the perfect lip color for your skintone and lips. Does the work for you. You stop feel the hyrating affect about 45 minutes after application, but the color lasts roughly a few hours. It has SPF 10, and moisturizes sooo nicely. I can easily say this has improved the condition of my lips.

Beautiful custom color, SPF, hydration,gorgeous packaging,and luxurious feel. What else can you ask of a balm/lipsticlk?

ROCK ON DIOR !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is the best lip balm I have ever tried so far! I am really pleased. It is so moisturizing and I love it...but....I hate the color, it turns my lips a hot pinkish reddish color, I really wish they made this clear!!!! I now only wear this as my bedtime lip balm because I would not dare wear dark hot pink lips in the day timeamhate the color,everything else is perfection