April 21, 2014 | 1479 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Pennyapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Dior Lip Glow is one of my favourite YLBB products. The texture is great, it glides on silky smooth (with the slightest of waxiness) and I can whip it out and apply it any time without a mirror, as the colour is a natural subtle pink on me with a lovely shine that I would describe as vaseline like (without the vaseline feel) It keeps my lips feeling well moisturized and I love that it has SPF in it. Most of all, the packing is so pretty, and honestly, it's the main reason why I shelled out $31 on a LIP BALM. I would buy this product again if I felt like spoiling myself (or if there happened to be a great gift with purchase), otherwise though I do think the formula is solid, the price doesn't justify the actual product, as there are other products that can give you the same look for a lot less. If you have a thing for luxury products and you love great packaging, I fully recommend this. One caveat I have to mention---I do find it turns a brighter than necessary pink on some people. Try it on in the store first.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Krrristen

I have incredibly dry lips, and the biggest thing about the Color Reviver Lip Balm is that it's intensely moisturizing and makes my lips feel like silk. It also gives my lip the perfect pink tint - a color that's great for a minimal makeup day. It has a light, fresh scent and a little bit goes a long way.

However, with all that said, the bottom line comes down to whether or not I'd repurchase it. And to be completely honest, I wouldn't. While it's a lovely product and I enjoy how it makes my lips look and feel, I also don't think it's anything special. There's a Soft Lips product you can purchase at a drug store that does the same thing for $5, versus $30 CAD for the Color Reviver Lip Balm. Sorry, Dior, but I'll only repurchase this when I feel like really treating myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice little luxury for the lips. However, it does feel a lot more like a make-up product than a skincare one. It feels like a heavy and intense balm on the lips and i'm too keen on the pinky glow effect. But a few hours after use my lips feel fabulously smooth, so it clearly does something! Its a nice girlie lipbalm but not a life changing one imo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and first sort of liked it but as time went on I began to get really irritated with the smell of this product plus the colour morphed into a hot pink on my lips which I wasn't too thrilled about. I wanted something more subtle and more natural. I love the idea of this balm as the packaging is gorgeous and the texture is superb (non-sticky) i.e. moisturizing. Its pure luxury but unfortunately this got thrown out in the garbage due to its horrid smell and not so appealing colour (on myself - NC20).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Operadelain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lip balm gives my lips the perfect pink color. It is light and moisturizing, never feeling too heavy or drying on my lips. I love this so much that this was the color I wore on my lips on my wedding day. I also like that even when the balm wears off of my lips the color is still around like it has stained my lips slightly. The product description says that it works with the chemistry of your lips to produce its color. It definitely goes on clear and then turns pink, getting darker the more I apply. However, the color it produces may not look good on everyone. It does look wonderful on me and that is enough for to keep this around and repurchase even though it is quite pricey for my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by xogabr13lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS LIP PRODUCT!

The packaging is really chic and simple. Doesn't take up a lot of room. It's really adorable.

The product claims that it "responds to the color chemistry of your lips to create a shade that is uniquely yours. Smooth it on to moisturize, add sun protection, and enhance your natural lip color". It honestly without a doubt does just that! It is really moisturizing and I have really dry lips. it makes me feel like I am just wearing chapstick. But the color is perfect! For me, it depends on the day; sometimes it's a nude color, sometimes it's a really pretty deep magenta color. I loooove it and it goes perfect with everything - dressy, casual, you name it.

Overall, it's a fantastic product and I really love it. I bought it back in October and I still have half of it left after using it multiple times a week. Love love love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by whyknot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I need a product that is just like this - a balm that will moisturize and give my colorless dead-body-in-the-morgue lips some life. I ususally go with stains, which are drying and hard to find in anything other than a horrid berry pink, or just suck it up and wear lipstick or gloss all day, every day. So i thought this would be a great solution. And i <3 all things Dior. Sadly, within 30 seconds of application, this turned a heinous neon fuschia on my lips. Combined with my uber-pale pink toned complexion, this was like a BAD mall scene from 1983. Extra bummer cuz it felt great on. This isnt a bad product, just not for anyone whose body chemistry turn color-changing cosmetics to that nasty, ubiquitous neon pink!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by saban

This gives such a pretty color and it doesn't make everything an unnatural pink like O-gloss.

Granted it's pretty expensive from a lip balm stand. But the color is great and different with each person, the formula is smooth and balmy without being oily or greasy and it lasts a good amount of time.

You'll have to re-apply after eating but it lasts longer than a lot of other balms I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by myluckypenny

I don't fully understand this product... I already have bright pinkish/red lips naturally, so I don't see any color change at all. The formula is quite drying on me, so I usually opt for my Badger brand lip balm in Poetic Pomegranate instead... [it has seabuckthorn in it!]

The packaging is extremely adorable. I do enjoy using it, but it reminds me of an old drugstore product I used to use in highschool... I can't remember off the top of my head, but it came in pastel plastic packaging that was pink like this color, and had a silver flip top switch on the side...?

I'll use it to use it up, so it doesn't go to waste, but seriously - overhyped, and does absolutely NOTHING for me. =(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent moisturizing lip balm. On application, it changes colour according to your lip colour ( or moisture level, i'm not too sure about that). Smells like vanilla mint, not in a bad way..it's subtle. Feels nice to apply..creamy consistency. Moisturizing but i wish it didn't change colour. If i wanted colour, i would apply lip gloss or lipstick. The lipbalm is a little soft than i'd like it but it's fine. Love the lip maximizer/activ collagen gloss though. Oh yes, Christian Dior is great with their packaging. This lipbalm looks so sweet and it's nice to take it out of my purse and have friends asking about it. :D Other than that, not a fantastic lipbalm for it's price so I will not be repurchasing.