October 24, 2014 | 889 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Elicanarch123

this is amazing yet truly a splurge! This enhances my natural color and give it a light pink color which compliments my skin perfectly! Warning: don't put in too much or the color will turn more neon pink! I don't think I will get it again because its so expensive though haha

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Vainitygal

I love this lip colour revival balm. It serves its purpose well and my lips looks pretty nice with the tinge of pink. As u used it more and more, the colour looks even more prettier. I used this all the time. Better than my chanel lipstick which is so drying and color drops rapidly after a coffee.
I went to Vivo city to restock up again. Will definitely keep buying it despite its price. (",)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by MissB18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lip balm to pieces, so much, in fact, that my boyfriend occasionally swipes it from my purse just for the sheer entertainment of watching me freak out thinking that I've lost it.
My lips are naturally fairly pigmented but this gives them a more vibrant pink glow that looks healthier and less tacky than if I were to wear a brighter shade of lipstick.
It's perfect for every day use, especially on the days I want a more au naturale look.
It's highly moisturizing and smells amazing, I actually take it out just to smell it sometimes.
Like everything Dior, the packaging is elegant and gorgeous.
It only gets four lippies simply because of the price. It's impossible to not feel stupid or guilty for spending $35 CDN on a lip balm but you can bet I'll do it again soon after this one bites the dust.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I call this glorified lip balm. It's quite expensive at $29 but it is so moisturizing. The moment I put it on my lips I felt instant relief and my lips weren't dry anymore. It gives a subtle pink color to my lips and although it's really expensive, I've bought more expensive things so I don't mind repurchasing. Pretty packaging too. If you wanna splurge, get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sharreb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is SO expensive that my boyfriend calls this my high class lip gloss. I love that it reacts to give you your natural color. On me its a peachy coral colour with just a hint of pink and i must say its the most compatible shade with my skin color. Texture and smell are both great. sometimes i apply revlon super lustruos creme 240 - sandalwood beige - final awesome result of pouty healthy looking lips.
i have to give it 4 instead of 5 lippies for 2 thgs:
1. Price
2. Wears off pretty quickly for me- need to reapply in less than 2 hrs. need to reapply immediately after meal
-But im still buying this product- let's face it- if it looks good on you, the odds are you will buy it again. It's permanently staying in my ouch-but-i'l-indulge purchases

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so glad I tried this before I bought it. I know it "reacts" to your natural lip color so everyone has different results, but I hated my results! I am a very neutral kind of girl and was hoping this would be a pale pink on me. It turned out bright, almost-neon pink, and with the shine it looked like patent pink leather. It was really unflattering and looked tacky. I completely hated the color. Also, I wasn't a fan of the texture, which was basically just like vaseline. It wore off quickly and didn't leave my lips feeling any smoother or more moisturized. The taste was unpleasant. I can't believe they get away with charging $30 for this! Seriously not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by COCO792

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't bought this, I was in Boots with my friend and we were trying products from the Dior counter. I'd heard about this and wanted to try it out.

the colour of the balm on the stick is kind of bright pink but not super pigmented. and when I put it on it looked super bright Barbie pink. but I did put lots on to get the full effect. I actually really like the pink it gave me, it gave me a real light bright pinky pink. I just think it was too Barbie. but hopefully with just one coat it will look more natural. my lips really glow with this. we tried a few glosses aswell and Dior lip products have a glow that I've never seen before on any lip product.

it is a lip balm, not a gloss and not a lipstick. and it's not a combination of either. it's just a tinted lip balm. if your still not convinced it even feels like a chapstick, but softer and more luxurious. the consistency is neither sticky or glossy, just smooth and silky.

I think the price is disgusting for a lip balm 20+. if it was 15 I would buy it but at 21 is just ridiculous!

it didn't seem to last long on me either, it started off bright pink straight away then faded and came back. but my lips did feel really smooth and soft after using this. if your prepared to pay an extortionate price for this then go for it because it does work. but otherwise it's just too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Anna8318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm did not impress me and I won't be buying this again.
Pros:
- Hydrates your lips and leaves them very soft
- Subtle scent
- Gorgeous packaging

Cons:
- Price
- Had to be careful with number of swipes because it turned FUCHSIA on my lips! One swipe provided a pop of color, but 2 or more and I looked like I was ready to hit the club. At work, you just can't be bothered to count how many swipes of LIP BALM you're applying - it shouldn't even have to cross your mind.

Really, it was the hot Barbie pink color that ruined my experience with this lip balm. But if it gives you a nice touch of pink, give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Kate208

I love this product. It creates a nice natural pink shade on my mouth. It looks great with or without any other make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Stupid expensive - I feel like a sucker for loving this, but the color is perfect for me. I wear very little makeup and have medium pigmented, full lips without lines or severe dryness. There has not been enough time for me to say if this is particularly moisturizing or not, but I use Kiehl's lip balm a few times a day for that. The color of this balm lasts a couple of hours , leaving a light stain behind. On my lips this turns a sheer, dewey (not sticky or glossy) bright pink - the same color as my cheeks when I blush. I'll buy it again because I can justify the price since I buy and use very few lip products.

Update - changing to "no" regarding repurchase, as I am switching to more natural products, but I still think this is worth the price. It's good, and lasts a long time.