August 27, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Rennan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This last all day! I had this for like 6+ months and it's was so awesome. Now I'm down to the nub! I can't wait to get another one! Totally get one. I toe mine for $35-$40 from Shoppers Drug Mart but it lasts so long! It was worth it. Also my mom bought it for me, so... It will be cool buying it for myself. Totally tell you BF to get this for you. Best gift ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mimicosmetics

I cannot really rave enough about this lip balm. It really is nice. The packaging does not look crazy cheap and you get that good, snobby feeling after pulling it out in public. Besides that, the lip balm is really good at doing its job. The color is gives you is very suitable, I've let some of my girlfriends have a swipe and they love it! So much so that they've purchased a tube themselves. The only bad thing I can say about this balm is the price. $28 is just about $10 too much. I'd be willing to pay $18 because well, it's Dior, and it's a lip balm. The consistency is AMAZING. Very jelly-like, and not too sticky at all. Like if you were to mix a MAC lipglass with some chapstick. The color is promising and pretty natural. I have slightly pigmented lips, a cool toned natural pink and this balm gives me rosy pink lips. Like lip stain. It also gives you some shine, also very natural. This is very versatile because the color goes with everything, it livens up your face but you can pull it off without looking like a hoochie mama if you had a smokey eye on that day. Moisturizes for maybe 30 minutes or so, but the color stays on for 4 hours. If you were to use this everyday consistently, this balm would maybe last you... 1 1/2 or 2 months. Would totally buy this again, I'm willing to shell out $28 but c'mon now Dior, it's a damn balm!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by smuran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing a TON of positive feedback about this balm, I picked it up at Macys for $28.00. The packaging is super cute and chic, with a transparent pink case, that you pull off using a metal Christian Dior logo handle/knob type thing. Inside is a slim metal tube. The product itself is a very light pink in the bullet, but when swatched is virtually clear, or close to it. The consistency and feel is what I really enjoy about this balm. It glides on like butter, and feels kind of like a lip jelly ( think HIP jelly balms and MAC tendertones!) It is not sticky at all.
This is cool, because it is not a lipstick , nor a gloss, or a chapstick.
Its kind of a combo of all 3. The balm reacts to your natural lip color and enhances the pigmentation and adds a dewy look. My lips are a dark rosy shade, and the color was a gorgeous pinky-plum. On my sisters light pink lips it turned a girly bubblegummy rose. Its great , so you dont have to worry about getting the perfect lip color for your skintone and lips. Does the work for you. You stop feel the hyrating affect about 45 minutes after application, but the color lasts roughly a few hours. It has SPF 10, and moisturizes sooo nicely. I can easily say this has improved the condition of my lips.

Beautiful custom color, SPF, hydration,gorgeous packaging,and luxurious feel. What else can you ask of a balm/lipsticlk?

ROCK ON DIOR !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is the best lip balm I have ever tried so far! I am really pleased. It is so moisturizing and I love it...but....I hate the color, it turns my lips a hot pinkish reddish color, I really wish they made this clear!!!! I now only wear this as my bedtime lip balm because I would not dare wear dark hot pink lips in the day timeamhate the color,everything else is perfection

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by sweetcheekss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the packaging, the soft vanilla scent, the spf and the balm itself. It's moisturizing and just feels good on your lips. This goes a reddish colour on my lips or a dark pink, not a huge fan since I usually try to cover up my pigmented lips, but I'll use it in the summer for a natural look.
If you have pale lips and want to enhance them, this would be the product for you. Or if you love your pigmented lips.
Wouldn't repurchase mainly because of the price, but overall a good product :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by drpsyc

ilike this a lot. very light but bright pink color, if that makes sense. feels good on lips and cares for them. is expensive tjough, and suspevt with some legwork i. ould find something similar for a lot cheaper. fyi, way better than o-glow which develops into an unflattering pink color.....but same principle as others hsve said. note that the color is not long lasting by any means....maybe an hour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot rave enough about this product, it's awesome! I love the feel of this balm on my lips, it's very moisturizing and smooth. The color on my lips is a bright pink (every single color changing product does this, O-glow, O-gloss, etc.) But it's absolutely gorgeous on my skintone. The only thing I hate about this product is the price! I bought it at Sephora for $29, which is absolutely ridiculous for a lip balm. But, the product is quite unique, therefore making it hard to find a comparable product.

Love this, it lives in my purse so I can quickly apply it throughout the day. I would highly recommend this product, if you're okay with the high price tag...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sandrathp

It is great. I am on my 4th purchase b/c haven't found a proper replacement. Yes, it runs out VERY fast so not worth the 40$ price tag. W/ daily use...it should last 2 months, tops. I buy it over and over again b/c of summertime when I need SPF. And since I can't wear more than 10SPF on my lips b/c it is so sensitive, then I have a wide choice and I always end up w/ this. But recently I found the formula has slightly changed? Not sure, but it starting to be very drying especially when you built if up to 2-3 coats, which I do during intense sunny days. My lips seem so dry that I think I need to reapply and when I look in the mirror I see it is still there, in full! So the feeling of dryness is really due to the product itself, perhaps the dyes/color it contains. I've heard red and dark pink dyes are drying. It could explain why reds and dark pinks are the most drying in any lipstick range. If I find any better SPF lip balm, I will def. not repurchase. Also, Dior makes the most amazing and attractive lip product packaging. I usually prefer Chanel's classy packaging but Dior surpasses Chanel overall in their lipstick and lip balms....Lip glosses....that's another story, I def. prefer Chanel's lip glosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

It's a really good product but no lip balm is worth that much money in my opinion unless you have really sensitive lips and absolutely nothing else works for you. Or have a lot of money to spend but even if you do I do believe there are many more special lip products out there. On my lips it appears a light pink color. It is very smooth, creamy and moisturizing. I love its soft vanilla scent. It gets used up really fast, like in a month and a half if you use it twice a day. I already repurchased but I won't do it again, the price is just too ridiculous. I love the packaging though, looks very luxurious.
If you want a similar product try the Revlon Lip butters in the shades Cotton Candy and Strawberry shortcake, I wouldn't call it a dupe but the effect is pretty similar, you just know what color you are getting.
Edit: I lowered the rating to 4, Catrice (a german drugstore brand) released a similar product in their recent limited edition collection (and it cost 1/5 of the price) and to be honest, I can't tell the difference between the two products. Now that I know it's not as unique as I first though there's really no good explanation for the high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by shabbus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the color that this produces, and it make my lips feel soft and plump. As I've gotten older, my lips have gotten paler and smaller, to the point where I thought that lipstick only accentuated the decline, so I stopped using it.
But this treatment creates a natural color that looks like it could be my own, and my lips look a bit fuller. Not to mention much smoother.
Very impressed, and if this impression lasts, I will definitely be adding it to the permanent column.