November 28, 2014 | 1911 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 9:27:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

I can't believe I have not posted a review on this powder foundation!

I have tried many many MANY powder foundations, from high end brands to drugstore brands and I'm always really upset - there's always something wrong. I've been using Fresh Complexion since August 2002 and I'm always coming back to this one. It's not the perfect one, but it's not far away from perfection.

One of my biggest problem with most other powder foundations is the cakey/powdery look. But this one looks really natural. Not chalky at all. Most powder foundation are too orangey for my skin (including the most expensive ones like Dior and Chanel) but luckily Fresh Complexion doesn't make me look like a carrot. LOL

It doesn't keep the face shine-free all day, but longer than 90% of the other powder foundations I've tried. It easily keeps the skin matte a few hours. It stays quite well on the skin, but if the weather is hot & very humid or if I do some physical activities, it may fade a bit. It's a normal thing though!

It's true that the sponge gets easily dirty but I always buy a bunch of spare sponges. It doesn't cause any brakeouts nor irritates the skin. I'm really pleased with the results!

It has a good coverage but still is light enough not to feel it on the skin. It's not an heavy coverage though - I would say it's more light to medium (which I prefer).

My only complaint: the shades! I use Classic Ivory, the second lightest shade. It's close to my complexion but still a bit too dark, so I have to apply it carefully in order to avoid any demarcation. The lightest shade, Ivory, doesn't look good on me, too pink. And when I am self-tanned, Classic Ivory is a tad too light, but the one just after is too dark. But since I haven't found anything better, I'm staying with Cover Girl! (I think we have less shades here... I've never see the 615 anywhere in Montreal).

Great quality & cheap price! My HG foundation!

continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2004 6:35:00 PM More reviews by sunshine19

I have been using this product for a while and I think it a good product. It covers blemishes without you having to wear a ton of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2004 7:21:00 PM More reviews by llama_socks

I've used this for quite a while and like it better than the other Covergirl powders. Instead of using the sponge applicator, which I don't like because it makes the powder go on cakey and noticable, I used a large powder or blush brush. It's really nice to use underneath or on top of eye makeup to soften it. I think it's good for shiny noses, but you have to reapply it too often for my liking (that's why I only have 4 lippies) in order to keep my nose shine-free. Overall, it's good for the price and a good thing for teenagers on a budget. =]

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2004 10:47:00 AM More reviews by jej1016

pretty good powder, i have really oily acne prone skin and this helps control oil, however, if my skin is dry after using some acne medication, it really makes the dryness obvious. it also isnt very cakey, but pretty sheer. And it matches my skin tone pretty well. will continue to look for a better powder, but will use this in the mean time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2004 5:03:00 PM More reviews by SoccerOreo11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is great! It's a perfect color and easily portable. The only problem is that sometimes you can see it easily if you put it on your nose, but it's easily fixable. It looked great with a blush like Cover Girl Cheekers in Cinnamon Toast. I will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2004 2:24:00 PM More reviews by pinkbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, LOVE this stuff. The shade matches my skin tone perfectly. It gives great coverage and doesn't look cakey, unless of course you do that yourself. It's great for touch-ups and I absolutely plan on re-purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jakobhaydensmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only pressed powder that I have ever used! Perfectly matches my skin tone.....classic ivory.

Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2004 1:36:00 PM More reviews by julie9536

This powder is a really good alternative when you can't afford a more expensive foundation. Here are the good things about this powder: 1) it does what it says- the look stays fresh and does a great job controlling oil. 2) It comes with a nice sponge applicatior, more closely related to some of the more expensive brands, and is much better than the old applicatiors CG used to supply. 3) Nice coverage- not too little, not too much. The only downside is the packaging is weird, it's shaped like a moon, making it annoying to put back. Other than that, a good product to use when you're short on cash but still want your skin to look good. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2004 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Dnb0816

I LOVE this product! I am not usually a fan of cheaper makeup for the face because I have skin problems. I have in my makeup stash tons of MAC, Stila, Urban Decay, NARS...but I always make a run to Target for my CG powder/foundation! I have roseacea (appears as extreme redness on face) and this is the only powder foundation that not only covers it, but doesnt make my skin oily!! It's worth every penny!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by L00kitsELLEN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recieved this in a package with the LE bronzer. I didn't really want this product but since I couldn't find the bronzer anywhere but in this package I had to get it. Am I sure glad that I did!! I've always loved Cover Girl's foundations and this one is right up at the top. I have mine in creamy natural and it is a great match for my skin. It goes on evenly and covers up the redness and any shine that I had. Even did a fairly good job covering blemishes without concealor. It goes great over my mousturizers and I never once noticed any caking. This product is amazing and you can't bear it for the price!