July 29, 2014 | 1959 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot stand the smell of this stuff. It smells like old strong perfume. The consistency is very thick and makes your face oily. I guess it is good for very dry skin. It does not contain ingredients that really benefit the skin besides being a lotion. It's advertised as light weight but I did not think it was.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by kailingggg

The one i had is the oil-free version, an asia exclusive. I got it for 59 SGD at Sephora. When i got this product, it was new and just debut in Singapore.

Firstly, this product does ABSOLUTELY nothing for my skin. It felt like my skin could not absorb the product as i felt like i had a thin film of the moisturizer still lying on the surface of my skin.

I also noticed a funky smell to it which i did not mind since i was hoping for this product to work.

Packaging sucks, super unhygienic to dig your fingers into the jar for the product.

Overall, i do not recommend this product to anyone. The regular one or the oil free one. Any other cheaper drugstore brand would have done a better job than this. $59 down the drain i guess.. =/

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

no hope in this jar for me at all!!
the first time i used this product on my face it just felt nasty so i left it aside. yesterday i decided to give this moisturizer another try and i can say that i do not like this product at all. the only nice thing i can say about this product is that the texture feels nice on the skin but after when i rubbed it into my skin, it just feels like the oil from the moisturizer just sits on top of my face and after an hour the oiliness just gets/looks worst.(i used this at night, think about if i used this in the morning with makeup..how shiny would i look) This moisturizer also has a a strong lavender scent to it, personally i think it smells gross. Since i have oily/acne prone skin, this product has made me breakout like crazy..i can feel my pimples forming :( there goes a waste of 50 dollars....but i guess if you still want to try the product i strongly suggests you to go to a philosophy counter and ask for a sample size tester, just to try it out before you actually purchase it..after all, who would want to buy a product that makes their face worst than it was before, right?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by elinoreb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this for about two weeks and it has not had a good effect on my skin. Prior to purchasing it my skin was smooth and felt hydrated, now it feels bumpy and like I need to moisturise more than normal. The texture of the cream is nice, the fragrance is not exactly pleasant but I could stand it and I am very conscious of bad smelling beauty products. It goes on the skin nicely but that is it, it feels nice for about 30 seconds and then my face feels dry again. and looks like I haven't moisturised at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by JocHof

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Too oily. I have normal skin and very rarely get pimples, but this made my skin break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by coffeeandcream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this because I've seen it on QVC and the way the hosts gush about this stuff made it seem like it was life changing or something. Plus I liked the clean, simple look of the jar.

PROS:

*I liked the jar packaging. I think it's cute. You can get all of the product out without any waste, and I don't think the antioxidants in this are in any significant amounts so I didn't worry about air breaking them down. No one uses it but me so I don't see how that's unhygenic if I use clean fingers
* Has a really nice texture and feel on your skin. It sinks in and doesn't feel tacky or sticky. Skin feels smooth and soft.

CONS:

*I read reviews where people kept saying how the smell was terrible or smelled "like a wet dog". I didn't experience this. It just smelled like lavender with a hint of a chemicals. I wasn't crazy about it and would have prefered it unscented. I'm guessing the lavender was added to cover up the chemical scents?
*It caused major breakouts for me. I have oily, acne prone skin. I studied the ingredient list and have no idea what caused it, but there is something in this that my skin definitely does not like. I'm glad I only tested this around my mouth and didn't put this all over my face.

Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mariettia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this once and figured after all the hype I've heard surrounding philosophy products, it had to be something special. Big mistake. I tried this once and promptly tried to give my free sample back to the store. It smells SO bad. I couldn't stand to wear it on my face for more than a few minutes before I resorted to washing it off. I will admit though, my skin did appear to be smoother and felt very soft the next day. But at the cost of giving up my sense of smell, I just can't justify the need for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I too got this product as a sample from Sephora. I am glad I only got it as a sample, because the product itself was just okay. I did like a lot of things about it though.

-The smell (although so many people hated it), I loved it! Lavender is one of my favorite scents, so when I applied it I really felt relaxed.
-The texture. It was like a mousse, so light and velvety.
-The way it felt going onto your skin. It was like water gently absorbing into my skin.
-How little you needed - I literally used the size of my pinky fingernail to cover my entire face.

But despite all of this, my skin never really felt hydrated or anything special. It brightened my skin, but other than that, it was just okay.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by cooffies

Good product, Bad quality control.
I've been using this cream as my day time moisturizer under the sunscreen for about 2 years. It's not enough for cold and dry winter here but doing a good job in other seasons. It's easy to absorb, none-greasy, and give my skin the right amount of moisturizer. A lot of people have complained about the smell but it doesn't bother me at all. I actually like the smell a lot.

My only complain is the quality control of the manufacturer. Is there any quality control in place? I've bought 5 bottles of the cream and for 2 bottles I have to throw them away right after I opened them. There was no "cream" in the bottle, just a awkward mixture of oil and water, looks really gross.

I admit I bought these cream with pretty good discount (30-40% off) from the company offical website. But if the company has to sacrifice the quality of a great product just to make the price lower, it's just a wrong decision.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by abbeyhoffman

I have oily/combo skin, and I love to use this moisturizer for the cooler months (morning & evening)! I can also use it in the summer before bed, but if I use it in in the morning during warm weather, it seems to make me perspire... ick.
Word of advice: keep it away from your eyes! This stuff will burn. I use Eye Hope instead.