November 26, 2014 | 1718 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bitsitbunnie101

I lovelovelovelovelovelovelove this powder. I read some of the other reviews, and some people said how it didn't fit their pale skin tone. Well I am super pale, and this powder is amaaaazing. Of course, I wish that it was not as expensive (I paid about $30 at the benefit store) but it doesn't matter to me. I am still a teenager, and I have acne. It covers up all redness perfectly and goes perfectly over or under a cheek stain. And it doesn't cake at all! It does come with a pretty flimsy brush, but it also comes with a square sponge that works very well. (Just gotta remember to wash sponges and makeup brushes).

Love it! I wish it came with a little more powder, but that is alright.

5 stars for the product itself, 4 stars for being expensive, 5 stars for packaging, and I am definitely buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

pros:

- maximum coverage that is buildable

cons:

- shade selection does not cater to those with very pale skin

- very small amount of product in the actual compact compared to other high coverage powder foundations

- price is ridiculous for the amount of product provided

- compact can be difficult to open

- cakes with certain types of moisturizers

all in all, i'd love to use this more often, but i refuse to tan just to use a powder foundation, and i really can't get behind the price considering how little they put in the compact.

**edited to add 4th october 2011**

went to a benefit counter and had them try the lightest shades on my face for this particular powder. (for reference i'm an N3 in mac studiofix powder - the lightest one they make) even their lightest shade for this ended up looking very yellow upon application, and 20 minutes later my face was a rather unflattering shade of pink. i didn't even know foundations could go from yellow to pink in 20 minutes. the sales associate didn't even have an answer for this either - told me to use a very pale liquid foundation underneath it to temper the tone problems. lolol, as if. for those with truly pale skin (in the N3 range and lighter), i would hazard against this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ABitofThat

Hello Flawless is such an amazing powder; it offers great coverage without feeling or looking too heavy. I use it with The Gal primer and it lasts all day which is a great feat for my oily-skinned-self. The packaging is also amazing because it comes with a brush and a sponge, so if you feel like a day with light or heavy coverage it's a very versatile product. I also like that it has SPF in it. I used to use Something Kinda Gorgeous foundation from the Benefit range, but I switched to this. Even though it is more expensive, it lasts WAY longer, and you don't require as much product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

When they say buildable coverage, they weren't kidding. This product can cover a slight freckle to an angry red acne scar, while still maintaining impressive lightness and natural look (natural look is dependent of course on if you can find the perfect shade. It took me three compacts to find my perfect shade, toasted beige.)
Price is meh, it's not cheap but to be frank cheap make-up worries me. It does not make me break out, which is a major +++ for me, however if I don't do steam deep cleansing every week I get some micro black heads on my chin and cheeks (tho I think it has more to do with my skin condition than the product itself). The packaging is good, it has mirror and comes with a brush for light coverage and pad for heavier. The brush is ok but the pad is a bit thin and not with a very good quality so I replace it with a better one I bought myself.

**update: ever since I started spending more time under harsher weather, my skin gets dry and a bit flaky. Not at all flattering under this powder. I think for this to work best you need to moisturize very well throughout the day. Also I just realized I could never find THE perfect shade with this because they're all a bit pink (not yellow enough for my yellow undertoned skin). But it's still wearable. I use this interchangeably with Bobbi Brown's Foundation Stick--that one I use for when I really need to look good. Also this powder runs out quite quickly.**

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really love this compact, it offers great coverage, better than any brand i have ever tried Mac, Lancome, Clinique, Chanel...... nothing compares....... I have a clear complexion no spots or wrinkles and my tone is fairly even, I guess for someone wanting more coverage this is not the best, could be used to set your make up I guess, It has a very matte finish and it stays on for quite a long time, I just love it !!!
so far the best pressed makeup compact I have ever owned

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by HangBone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I use it over my liquid foundation and it adds the golden tone needed to match my Asian skin. It's a bit expensive but it helps me look matte. It feels light and I apply using a brush so it gets an even coverage, but the powder is really loose, so it can get all over the place.. The product also comes with small brush so I don't have to carry one, in case I need it on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sanam9

I don't remember the last time I bought a powder foundation 4 times back to back. This has become my HG. I dust this powder lightly with a large Too Faced brush and my face looks finished and I get SPF 15. The shade Petal works really well, especially after a few minutes of setting in. In the summer, when I'm more tan, its a bit more obvious but still not bad, because its so lightweight. I've had Chanel, Dior, Smashbox, Estee Lauder, powder foundations sit in my makeup drawers only to be given or thrown away. Hello Flawless is unmatched; I hope they never discontinue!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I found it by chance when I was shopping in France between two trains. I was looking for a concealer and the sales assistant at Benefit offered to do all my make up. She used erase paste concealer, then Hello Flawless in Shell. She made half of my face first, and gave me a mirror to see the difference by myself.
I was really pleased to see that I could get such a perfect, natural finish with just a powder and no liquid foundation.
I just bought erase paste at the time, but thought about this magical powder every day while doing my make up routine.
On the return journey, I went back to the same shop and bought Hello Flawless in shell. it's been 2 years and I've been using it non-stop since then.
It's easy to use, it blends perfectly with my skin tone, while covering blemishes and unifying my skin.
I really love benefit product and haven't been disapointed yet. The packaging is really original, the product respects my sensitive skin. and I don't mind paying a bit more when I'm sure that it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by HershaSimcha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this powder! It is so silky smooth and just makes me face feel like velvet. It goes great on top of my Porefessional corrector and really adds the finishing touches to a perfect looking complexion. I have an acne-prone skin type that's combination oily and dry and uneven. This makeup not only helps cover up my breakouts without making it look like I caked on a bunch of concealer, but it also makes my skin tone look flawless and glowing.
The first one I bought was the Champagne color because it was supposed to be for "very fair skin," but I soon realized it didn't quite match my skin tone and was a little too dark. The Ivory color is perfect and looks amazing, I'm hooked!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really believe this product is great. I want to believe that. But I can´t try that, because although I have the lightest shade, I look like I just spread cocoa all over my face. Now I´m tanned a bit, so I finally tried. The coverage isn´t that good, but I like the fact it has spf in it. But I still have feeling that it does the same job as Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which cost a lot less. Don´t use this product on You Rebel, you will end up with totally dark, all-weird looking face. I won´t buy this product again.