October 23, 2014 | 1931 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hma22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was impressed with the coverage this foundation gave me, but unfortunately it did not agree with my oily skin and left me with a shiny face after an hour or so. I do not have an uneven skin tone, therefore cannot comment on how well it improved my complexion, but I did notice that I was breaking out more frequently with the use of this foundation, so had to switch back to my previous one. I would definitely recommend this product for people with normal to dry skin though because it was not drying and would work well for those skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

This foundation has a few pros and cons, IMO. One BIG pro for my combo skin is that it does stay on and look smooth, even after a long day. The biggest problem I had with foundations like Colorstay and Bare Minerals is that it would clump and crust in certain areas and be fine in others. That is the plight of combo skin. A con is that it does not control oil, but it does not promise to control oil either. It does promise to brighten, even tone, and protect. I have noticed the brightening (no shimmer) and the protection. I have not been using it long enough to notice any kind of change in my skin underneath the foundation. The finish is natural and it blends very nicely on my skin. WARNING: It does oxidize a little bit, so if you are between two colors -- go with the lighter option. All in all, a good foundation without bells and whistles.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by LifeisMagical

This is the first time i am writing a review on a product so bear with me :)
I have been worn various types of foundations: maybelline, bobbi brown, lancome and also clinique.
Out of all the foundations- even the cheaper drugstore foundations clinique even better gave me break outs. i have never gotten a pimple after using a makeup product except with this foundation.

Despite the breakouts (i get huge pimples!) i still cant help using it. It applies flawlessly and the colour i have is my perfect shade.

It is unfortunate it gives me pimples :( otherwise it would of been perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Lilra17

LOVE this foundation! I used to use Clinique superfit and when it was discontinued I tried a few foundations that were kinda ehhh, until I was recommended this one. I'm NW20 and find the color cream chamois to be a perfect match for me. I really like the way this foundation feels, and find that it is the perfect amount of coverage for me..it evens out my skin tone without looking like I'm wearing a ton of make-up. I apply this over primer with my foundation brush and it stays the whole day, even when I'm out in the Florida sun, I find that it stays pretty nicely when I blot my face after.
As far as the bottle: this is my favorite type because I feel I can control how much I use more than a pump and of course better than a regular bottle opening! This usually lasts me a few months, and conveniently runs out around the time Macy's or Dillard's does a GWP!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by luckyluke8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is resonably good, and it stays put quite well. I sometimes feel it doesn't blend perfectly, but it works well with my combination skin as long as I cleanse at the end of the day. Whether it actually has some of the skin improving qualities that are advertised, well, I haven't spotted much difference.
The packaging is really nice though, with the slim nozzle which allows for good control of dosage. The bottle closes well, is not fragile and is slim enough to easily fit into a small bag or the small zip lock bags for airport security.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by HLowell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love/hate this product. I get people's color issues, as Alabaster is too pale for me (and also gives poor coverage) and the next one up up -No. 2 (fair I think) - is a bit too dark though a nice shade. That has much better coverage. Mixing color, though has nice coverage. Sometimes I get it right when I mix. It' does sink into pours, but my skin feels good mostly. It has a nice luminous quality. Every time I try to change foundations, I realize how good a product it is. Others go on like water based white paint in it. The palest colors look like chalk. Even Better can look oily with moisturizer, but it can look wonderfully luminous and dewey on a good day. I don't find the color oxidizes, but wears off. Other's never even go on. This is moderately thick and spreads well, but doesn't feel heavy. You don't have to use much.

After dating other foundations to find the right shade and because I thought wondered if the redness was caused by one of the SPF ingredients in EB, I realized it is pretty damn good. I almost hope I am wrong about the SPF so I can go back to it. I am still looking, but keep coming back to this. I am on my 3 bottle.

Ideally, I'd like a bit more hydration or a choice of one for dry skin and oily/combo and more color choices. Those of use who are fair, need enough coverage and the right undertones. It is confusing to find the right shade. That is probably why the staff gets it wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by justjess516

This was a great transition product after the Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation started to really dry out the skin on my cheeks right on either side of my nose. I am concurrently using the Proactiv system, and it probably got to be too much salicylic acid. This foundation does not break out or dry out my skin - it is just right. Perfect consistency, coverage, color, and staying-power. I just bought my second bottle, and will likely continue to repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jenniecampbell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to love this foundation. I use the Clinique Acne Solutions skincare line, I love every sample bag I get with my skincare products, but this was for sure a miss. The texture is runny, even after you shake it, and there is very little coverage. I was better off using concealer only, because this product didn't cover any acne scarring (even the older, light scars!) and the color didn't match my skin. I am quite fair-skinned, so I bought the lightest shade, but it was still too orange-y. It didn't help with my oily skin either, I had to cake on powder to have a matte face for even 30 minutes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Anniemoliviatis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not to sure about this product to be very honest, i didnt like the texture of the foundation, I really wanted to love this product i just could not! first of all the coverage was rubbish, was so sheer on my skin, and i have normal skin but it made my skin look so oily and when i tried to layer it on to give it more coverage it just made me look like i had slopped on olive oil all over my face, so i had to but another foundation and mix it up with it just to get a fairly decent coverage that didnt look very oily, not only that but when i went to go and purchase this product the woman that sold me this matched up the colour and they had my exact shade so i was really happy about that, but she had also told me that it was moderate to full covergae and that it was a MATTE__ finish, well so much for that! lol, and seeing as im not too keen on dewy finishes this foundation really did not cut it for me D'; cliniques products are usually fantastic this one in my opinion,, was not!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupchameleon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is my favorite foundation! it works very well with me since i have oily skin and i tend to break out often. i love it because it has a lot of coverage and it isnt too expensive compared to some of my other favorite brands! i think many people underestamate how nice clinique makeup is! my person opinion is that clinique is just as good as, if not better, than MAC, urban decay and tarte. and it is cheaper!