April 17, 2014 | 1492 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by vanillablue

I waited to review this until I was completely finished with the tube. I've tried almost all of Clinique's foundations and I think this one is my favorite (so far). I bought it in Ivory. Coverage is buildable, I prefer to to on the lighter side. This is the first foundation I've used from Clinque that really matches my skin tone (I have it in Ivory). The ivory does not have the pink undertones like a lot of the other Clinque foundations for very fare skin. One con: it is not very long-lasting and if you prefer a heavier application this is going to melt off by evening. I haven't noticed that my skin tone is more even, but it is brighter. I do not use any of of the other Even Better products either. It comes in the Clinique squeeze tube which is hygienic but it means you aren't going to get all of the product out and that's a shame since it's $27 USD a tube. The Clinique site says that they are rolling out new packaging so hopefully it will be a little more cost effective. I will continue to purchase but I can't afford to buy it as regularly as I would like!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by sahara8769

Pros:
Made my pores less visble
Evened out skin
Matte finish

Cons:
Made my entire face oily within 5 hours of wear
Ashy look on the forehead
Coverage

I expected more from this product because it is more high end from what I normally purchase. But it was quite dissapointing. Could provide more coverage - the SA recommended it to me to help cover my dark acne spots - but it was still visible after a couple layers of application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Rouge7Femi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this makeup! When i first went to the Clinique stand in Macy's i can honestly say i thought it was overpriced (im a very cheap person haha) but after actually buying a bottle of the $25 cover-up i was ecstatic with my purchase! It goes on smoothly and isnt heavy at all, its acne fighting (always a plus) and covers blemishes flawlessly. Another great thing about it (the list goes on!) is that for the price it's long-lasting, i've had the same bottle for about 2-3 months and its just as creamy and not even close to being empty. You really dont have to pack it on, a dab and a half spreads and covers just fine. I HIGHLY recommend investing in this stellar makeup, you wont regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MarniGirl

This product provides medium to thick coverage. Lasts fairly well all day and does a good job covering skin imperfections. Does not cause my skin to breakout. Seems to work well with the Clinique powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by cct

I bought this after getting a sample of it yesterday. It. Is. Amazing! Coverage is full but is extremely light with the 'no make-up' look and feel. No oxidising and perfect for my combination skin, no extra oiliness and no drying on the cheeks etc. One thing I would say is beware shade matching! Pick your own shade. I asked for a shade lighter than my sample (Linen) and got Fair which is pretty orange on me! These shades all run dark. I'm returning my Fair tomorrow and going for 'Alabaster'. That seems to be the closest shade to MUFE 117 which I normally use. This foundation has all the pros of MUFE HD and more. I find HD drags on dry areas and by the end of the day dries them out more and starts to oxidise. I could have Clinique Even Better on perfectly all day easily.
This foundation is definitely worth trying especially if you have combination skin. Packaging isn't anything special but inside of the lid tends to stay clean and the foundation doesn't seem to run into the lid while not being used.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by abbyRN

i'm a dyehard clinique fan for my foundations and stuff. i used to use superbalanced but then my skin changed and made me look like an oompa loompa. so i tried some other stuff and found even better foundation. i love the consistency and way it goes on. i use alabaster, with even better concealer in porcelain and stay matte powder in VF (very fair) and am very pleased with the results. the makeup works even sans concealer to cover current and old acne marks as well as circles and bags. as a trio i find it gives me a powder smooth finish that stays on for hours even in the heat and humidity. i would definitely buy this again and would recommend it to anyone with oily/acne prone skin.

the only down side is that packaging. i like the squeeze top but it would be even nicer if the bottle was see-through or had a window so i could see how much there is left in the bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Lolat81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation so far! I have been using it for about a month now! I have combo skin that breaks out easily and I can tell within a day if something's gonna work or not. In feel like this foundation makes my skin look calmer and more even after I wear it. It goes on well with a foundation brush and it's best if you moisture first and let the moisturizer sink in. I looks like the foundation might make you look oily/shiny but it actually makes you look glowing and healthy. I hate the way matte products make skin look sallow and dull. Skin is suppose to be dewy and light emitting. As for the SPF I really don't care if itnhas it in it or not and I usually hate SPF products in makeup. It's like I can smell the SPF and taste it all day in other foundations I have tried but not this one at all! Covers dark spots or old acne spots really well. Full coverage without feeling heavy at all! Great for all skin types in my opinion. My color is cream whip and I actually have olive skin thath tans really easy. But in the summer if it's a little too light for me I'll just put some bronzed on top. Costs $26 so it's not drugstore cheap but it will last a very long time because you only use a little larger than a pea size amount. The packaging is great bc it a squeeze tube so no wasted product! Overall a great pick!!! I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Arizona4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

One word. AMAZING. This product covers old acne scars without brig so heavy as to clog my skin and make me breakout. It evened out my skin tone and made me glow, and also didn't make my skin excessively oily. Plus, it has SPF 15. I would definitely buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hebenn01

Best foundation I have found! Gives you a nice "glow." Stays put...doesn't make me greasy. Smoothing out my complexion while covering up my current imperfections. Genius! :) Goes on smooth...fairly generous coverage. I've found most foundations just don't give me the cover I want...this is just right.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by beckren

this foundation is lignt to medium coverage.it leaves skin looking natural.the only bad thing is that its tooo dewy so brush on some finishing powder and it look great.