December 22, 2014 | 1642 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Beatmadl

I really like this foundation. It gives a nice coverage, it doesn't break me out and it lasts all day.
I use my fingers to apply it on my skin, and it leaves a really nice feeling. It's quite buildable too, although I don't like it. The Clinique lady at the counter put on A LOT and the pro side of it was, that my dark spots were much less noticeable.
But I felt like I could feel the make up on my skin, which I hate.

So, one fine layer is quite enough for me!

It unfortunately did not lighten up any dark spots on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to Sephora a few weeks ago to search for a new foundation. Forever, I have used drugstore brand foundations. I just found it silly to purchase a foundation for $30+. Well, I should have listened to the economist in my head, because now I have a drawer full of half used foundations that probably adds up to enough to buy a handful of high end foundations *sigh*.

I have very bad hormonal cystic acne around my chin, and occasionally on my cheeks. I was looking for something that would not irritate that, but I also have oily skin. I was looking for something that was Medium-full coverage and buildable.

Packaging: I like the small opening at the top. Easy to squeeze out the amount that I want.

Smell: No strong scent, which is good, as I have sensitivity to that often! (Revlon i find has some weird smelling foundation, fyi!)

Application: I usually use clean dry hands to apply. I dap a small amount on the back of my hand and warm it up a bit, and then apply. I also have a nice synthetic foundation brush that I use as well. Application is very smooth and goes on nicely, Dries relatively quickly to a nice semi-matte finish. Skin feels very smooth, and the colour is easily buildable to a fuller coverage.

Price: I believe I paid $27 at Sephora. I have had my bottle for about a month now, and still have a ton left. I think if it lasts about 3 months or so per bottle, its better than buying reject after reject of drugstore foundation.

Coverage/Staying Power: I use this with the Stila correcting primer, and it works great at combatting my oil factory of a face. I have worn in during a 14 hour work day, and only had to blot or powder 2 times or so during the work day. Thats pretty great. It also doesnt get streaky on my skin, which happened a lot with other foundations after 6-8 hours of wear.
It also did a nice job of covering up many of my acne marks and skin spots!

Overall: I really like this foundation, and I think I found a new go to. So far, it has not affected my cystic acne, if anything, I think it has cleared up a bit, which is always great news!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing if you're used to tinted moisturizers and BB creams and have broken out. The coverage is divine but not TOO heavy. I love it. It goes on soo smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product so bad, but alas it was not meant to be. Bottom line-it was just way too pink for my neutral skin tone. Just so I do not end up wasting the product ( I lost my slip and can't return it) I mix it with my HG foundation NARS Sheer Glow in the shade siberia, which is just a tad too yellow. I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This is nothing special! I have enlarged pores, and this didn't hide them as good as my old Vichy foundation (see my reviews) wich I have used for years at the problem areas. On other areas at the face I mostly use everyday minerals, to cover acne and old scars... That foundation (the E.M.) contains maybe 70% less ingredients than this one....

I don't think that this foundation looks better than my other ones, even if it has a thin, dewy look....it doesn't cover my main problems wich are thé pores.... It's also a little shiny, wich is ok on some areas, but can become a problem if you're quite oily like me....

So won't repurchase....

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hma22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was impressed with the coverage this foundation gave me, but unfortunately it did not agree with my oily skin and left me with a shiny face after an hour or so. I do not have an uneven skin tone, therefore cannot comment on how well it improved my complexion, but I did notice that I was breaking out more frequently with the use of this foundation, so had to switch back to my previous one. I would definitely recommend this product for people with normal to dry skin though because it was not drying and would work well for those skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

This foundation has a few pros and cons, IMO. One BIG pro for my combo skin is that it does stay on and look smooth, even after a long day. The biggest problem I had with foundations like Colorstay and Bare Minerals is that it would clump and crust in certain areas and be fine in others. That is the plight of combo skin. A con is that it does not control oil, but it does not promise to control oil either. It does promise to brighten, even tone, and protect. I have noticed the brightening (no shimmer) and the protection. I have not been using it long enough to notice any kind of change in my skin underneath the foundation. The finish is natural and it blends very nicely on my skin. WARNING: It does oxidize a little bit, so if you are between two colors -- go with the lighter option. All in all, a good foundation without bells and whistles.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by LifeisMagical

This is the first time i am writing a review on a product so bear with me :)
I have been worn various types of foundations: maybelline, bobbi brown, lancome and also clinique.
Out of all the foundations- even the cheaper drugstore foundations clinique even better gave me break outs. i have never gotten a pimple after using a makeup product except with this foundation.

Despite the breakouts (i get huge pimples!) i still cant help using it. It applies flawlessly and the colour i have is my perfect shade.

It is unfortunate it gives me pimples :( otherwise it would of been perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Lilra17

LOVE this foundation! I used to use Clinique superfit and when it was discontinued I tried a few foundations that were kinda ehhh, until I was recommended this one. I'm NW20 and find the color cream chamois to be a perfect match for me. I really like the way this foundation feels, and find that it is the perfect amount of coverage for me..it evens out my skin tone without looking like I'm wearing a ton of make-up. I apply this over primer with my foundation brush and it stays the whole day, even when I'm out in the Florida sun, I find that it stays pretty nicely when I blot my face after.
As far as the bottle: this is my favorite type because I feel I can control how much I use more than a pump and of course better than a regular bottle opening! This usually lasts me a few months, and conveniently runs out around the time Macy's or Dillard's does a GWP!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by luckyluke8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is resonably good, and it stays put quite well. I sometimes feel it doesn't blend perfectly, but it works well with my combination skin as long as I cleanse at the end of the day. Whether it actually has some of the skin improving qualities that are advertised, well, I haven't spotted much difference.
The packaging is really nice though, with the slim nozzle which allows for good control of dosage. The bottle closes well, is not fragile and is slim enough to easily fit into a small bag or the small zip lock bags for airport security.