August 2, 2014 | 978 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by HLowell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love/hate this product. I get people's color issues, as Alabaster is too pale for me (and also gives poor coverage) and the next one up up -No. 2 (fair I think) - is a bit too dark though a nice shade. That has much better coverage. Mixing color, though has nice coverage. Sometimes I get it right when I mix. It' does sink into pours, but my skin feels good mostly. It has a nice luminous quality. Every time I try to change foundations, I realize how good a product it is. Others go on like water based white paint in it. The palest colors look like chalk. Even Better can look oily with moisturizer, but it can look wonderfully luminous and dewey on a good day. I don't find the color oxidizes, but wears off. Other's never even go on. This is moderately thick and spreads well, but doesn't feel heavy. You don't have to use much.

After dating other foundations to find the right shade and because I thought wondered if the redness was caused by one of the SPF ingredients in EB, I realized it is pretty damn good. I almost hope I am wrong about the SPF so I can go back to it. I am still looking, but keep coming back to this. I am on my 3 bottle.

Ideally, I'd like a bit more hydration or a choice of one for dry skin and oily/combo and more color choices. Those of use who are fair, need enough coverage and the right undertones. It is confusing to find the right shade. That is probably why the staff gets it wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by justjess516

This was a great transition product after the Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation started to really dry out the skin on my cheeks right on either side of my nose. I am concurrently using the Proactiv system, and it probably got to be too much salicylic acid. This foundation does not break out or dry out my skin - it is just right. Perfect consistency, coverage, color, and staying-power. I just bought my second bottle, and will likely continue to repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jenniecampbell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to love this foundation. I use the Clinique Acne Solutions skincare line, I love every sample bag I get with my skincare products, but this was for sure a miss. The texture is runny, even after you shake it, and there is very little coverage. I was better off using concealer only, because this product didn't cover any acne scarring (even the older, light scars!) and the color didn't match my skin. I am quite fair-skinned, so I bought the lightest shade, but it was still too orange-y. It didn't help with my oily skin either, I had to cake on powder to have a matte face for even 30 minutes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Anniemoliviatis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not to sure about this product to be very honest, i didnt like the texture of the foundation, I really wanted to love this product i just could not! first of all the coverage was rubbish, was so sheer on my skin, and i have normal skin but it made my skin look so oily and when i tried to layer it on to give it more coverage it just made me look like i had slopped on olive oil all over my face, so i had to but another foundation and mix it up with it just to get a fairly decent coverage that didnt look very oily, not only that but when i went to go and purchase this product the woman that sold me this matched up the colour and they had my exact shade so i was really happy about that, but she had also told me that it was moderate to full covergae and that it was a MATTE__ finish, well so much for that! lol, and seeing as im not too keen on dewy finishes this foundation really did not cut it for me D'; cliniques products are usually fantastic this one in my opinion,, was not!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupchameleon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is my favorite foundation! it works very well with me since i have oily skin and i tend to break out often. i love it because it has a lot of coverage and it isnt too expensive compared to some of my other favorite brands! i think many people underestamate how nice clinique makeup is! my person opinion is that clinique is just as good as, if not better, than MAC, urban decay and tarte. and it is cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Miriamv

love this! I have some acne and a lot of acne scars and this didn't break me out. It blends easy, it's feels really light on my skin and gives decent coverage. I need to use a concealer on my acne spots, but no foundation can cover up those!
Overall this is the best (and most expencive!!) foundation I've tried and I'm very happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I rarely buy a 2nd bottle of the same foundation in a row- I am no foundation loyalist. I am always looking for the newer, bigger, better thing. But I bought a 2nd bottle and I still have half a bottle left!
Best department store foundation I've tried to date. Beats all the OTC stuff too.
FIRST foundation to not clog my pores.
SPF isn't noticeable/affect consistency or application. It covers and perfects everything. I don't even need to use a concealer under my eyes anymore! It's soft and dreamy. Definitely gives that "Your skin is BEAUTIFUL" (which I've heard since wearing) vs "nice foundation".
I don't notice any evening of my complexion yet. It's only been a couple months, but to be fair I don't have many areas on my face that need correction.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yuck. Seriously, yuck.

I have pretty dry, fair skin. I was reccomended the color "Ivory". For one, the color was a bit too dark but I could work with it. Unfortunately, this foundation oxidized on me within a few hours and sunk into my pores. Orange pores! No thank you!

The coverage was decent, medium to full and it looked great in the store, but after a few hours nooo bueno. It felt gross, looked gross, and I will definitely not be using this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is okay. They added more shades it seems, because originally I couldn't find one that wasn't too tan or pink. My shade is exact now, Buff, a very fair golden. I applied with my fingers and added a little more over spots that didn't cover completely and didn't need concealer. Some of my flakeyness was still apparent, but not as bad as it was before when I was using the Clinique BB Cream, which I also needed concealer over. I didn't set it with powder, and found it didn't oxidize nor fade, but I only had it on for about 5 hours so I can't comment on super long wearability right now. The finish was matte, with a healthy sheen, not greasy per se, just dewey. It feels light on, and so far I have no tell-tale itchyness that happens when a foundation isn't right for my skin. So far so good. I'll update about whether or not it breaks me out or anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by piradanan9

first of all i was recommended wrong number which darker thatn I expecting, buildable but not stay on long enough, made my face oily. Never buy again.