April 19, 2014 | 1898 users online

Bronzers - Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I disagree with the reviews that this doesn't suit dark skin. I am anywhere from an NC40-44 and it looks fantastic as a bronzer. I was looking for a bronzer that doesn't lean orange or red because I have golden undertones and wanted something to act strictly as a contour or to warm up my complexion on tanner days. This is the perfect color for my skin tone. This is a matte bronzer with no shimmer and a warm gray based brown. It gives me a wonderful chocolate hershey brown. It's very natural looking shadow. I always seek out a contour with a natural gray undertone to give the most natural looking shadow. I have no issues with blending. There is a fair amount of product in the container. It's large enough compact to get a powder brush in there should you need to. It also smells divine, like cocoa! It's not always about what shade works and what doesn't. It's how YOU work the product. Also, for a great brown smokey eye, this makes the perfect transition color. It's very buildable. For me, this is a hit, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't see a lot of dark skin reviews. I use this more as a finisher on top of my foundation because it's too light to contour me. I think this is breaking me out though, so I need to find something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 9/6/12 - Still using pretty much everyday! Still in love, still my HG and I haven't even hit pan yet!! This stuff is amazing!!!

Holy moly this bronzer is PERFECT for contouring!!! It has no orange undertones and no shimmer! It looks very natural on my medium toned skin and I think it would actually look good on anyone because u can use it very lightly or build it up for a darker color.......it's just perfect and I'm in love!! The chocolate smell is very light.... I do smell a little hint of cocoa in the pan but since I only really use it to contour my cheeks I can't smell it after its applied. My face is very sensitive and this hasn't caused any break outs or negative reactions. It's a little pricey, I think I paid like $30 for it but it's gonna last me a very long time since its very pigmented and I only use a little at a time. If your looking for a matte truly brown bronzer (especially to use for contouring) THIS IS IT. I tried MAC's Harmony but it broke me out (like most MAC powders do) and the color wasn't that great on me. I also have NYC Sunny bronzer but I think it makes me look 'dirty' since it has those orange tones in it that bronzers usually have :/ So this one is a definite HG bronzer for me!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I am on the fence about this bronzer. I do use it occasionally, however never feel it blends quite as well as either Laguna by Nars or Harmony by MAC. It's not that its muddy colored necessarily but just that it doesn't seem to blend out without a lot of work. Perhaps my skin color is not compatible with it or the consistency doesn't work with my complexion - and I admit I try to use it some but doubt I will ever hit pan. If you are thinking of purchasing this - it is expensive - try some on your face before you buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

texture and steadiness might be really good..
but the color is just not for me,.... too dark

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Jerilyn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG bronzer. I have tried SO many being that I am extremely pale (NC10-15). This is the only one that does not look orange on me. It is actually a brown-toned bronzer instead of ORANGE! I feel like orange under-toned bronzers work for darker skin tones, but when you're as pale as I am, you might as well be putting the bronzer on a white face: it is going to show up the EXACT color that the bronzer is. And this bronzer is the actual color of being TAN, not an Oompa-Loompa! And as if it's not good enough, it smells like freaking COCOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG sooooooo delicious smelling!!!! LOVE THIS STUFF!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by DoeRaeMe

My second all-time favourite bronzer! I absolutely love how it doesn't make my face turn orange and looks much more natural than the other bronzers I've tried. It smells great, looks great, and isn't heavy at all. Other brands tend to dry out my face and cause break-outs. This, on the other hand, doesn't do that. It sucks that its super expensive, but it lasts me a lonnnnnnng time! So, it's worth it in my opinion ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ekatt

"Something about you.. just the way your face smells and I know it's not perfume.. drives me crazy!" This is what the guy I was seeing told me when I was wearing this stuff. Nuff said'. He think's its my pheromones, I know it's the Delicious Chocolate Soleil! Haha. This stuff smells so good!
It's a pretty, dark bronze color. No orange or peachy tones. Very.. brown. I'm pretty fair so I use it more often for contouring but it would look great on skin tones a little darker or peachier than mine. Matte. No sparkles (which I love). Goes on very smoothly. I recommend, ladies.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by LynOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful for contouring, and smells wonderful to boot!
This doesn't come up orange on me at all, and I love that it's a matte formula. When I use this in photos, my normally fairly flat face looks full of dimension.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a BRONZER this one seems too orange for my pale skin which is why I give it an average rating. However, I use it as an EYESHADOW and it looks lovely on my blue (sometimes green?) eyes, so as an eyeshadow I would rate it 5. Normally, eyeshadows with orange and especially red tones (most browns), makes me look tired and I try to avoid them. They seem too heavy for me and drag my eyes downward instead of making me look awake. But this bronzer gives my eyes a lift! It has just the right intensity, color and tone that suits my eye and skin color perfectly! It makes me look bronzed. I apply it on my eyelids, into the crease and on my lower lashline. To add drama I use charcoal brown from MAC on the outer V or outer crease. If you find most eyeshadows too heavy or red and if you have blue-green eyes, try this product. I would buy it again as an eyeshadow, not as a bronzer.