Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 7/31/2013 7:31:00 AM

I LOVE THIS BRONZER SO MUCH. I have fair skin, however it isn't too dark for me to contour with. I also love the smell. It is a bit pricey but it's so pigmented you barely have to use any product so it has lasted me a really long time. I've used it almost everyday for a year and haven't even hit pan yet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this for a while after buying on a whim at Ulta. I'm a big fan of everything matte... eyeshadows, bronzers, even highlighters. I loved that this bronzer is matte, and I was able to blend it easily, but it seemed a bit too dark for me unless I already had quite the tan going. I just couldn't get a natural 'bronzed' look with this in the winter months (when I need it most).

Also -- honestly, I'd never think of having makeup on my face with much of a scent, but this stuff smells DELICIOUS! I really didn't think anyone else noticed it, but my boyfriend actually commented on it a couple times... he liked it, too :)

on 7/25/2013 9:08:00 PM

I love the color of this brozer. It is a good matte bronzer. I tend to be one of the people who dislike the glitter bronzers. And this smells just lile coco powder. Very odd but in a good way. ha! Unfortunately, it did break me out. I do, however, think its my skin not so much the product. I would recommend this to some one with fair/medium+ skin. The only reason I would not repurchase is bc my skin was to sensitive.

One of my HG products! I love it! I use this to contour and even on days when I want just a "natural tan" look. It looks great on all skin tones and smells divine.. I will purchase over and over and over again!

on 7/10/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like matte bronzers and this is a good one! What I don't love about it is the smell. I LOVE chocolate and I like the smell in general but most people apply their make up early in the morning and there is something that i just really really dislike about something that "fake" and super super sweet smelling before I have even had my coffee. The product itself is nice but it still cant quite live up to my Bobbi Brown bronzer :)

on 7/8/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG bronzer!! Since I have fair olive skin, I can't wear blush, but bronzer looks great on me for a little glow. However most bronzers have pigments of glitter (gross.) I LOVE LOVE LOVE that this bronzer does NOT have glitter or shimmer! It's beautiful with the most natural matte tone! Stays all day, doesn't fade or streak, perf for oily skinned gals like me. It's so wearable. And did I mention it smells like cocoa? LOVE!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Not only does it smell like chocolate but it tastes like chocolate too! One of the girls at Mecca alerted me of this and when I got home I tried it out.. And oh my goshh it does, it actually tastes like chocolate hahah. Aside from that it's a beautiful matte bronzer, lovely brown colour, perfect for contouring :)

on 7/1/2013 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love! I wanted a sheer, non-orange, non-sparkly bronzer for sun-kissed glow. I was afraid this would be too dark on my medium-fair skin (I wear MAC C3 foundation) but it applies sheerly with a kabuki brush and looks absolutely natural ... it's a neutral to slightly warm brown, about the same type of colour of my natural tan/freckles.

I tested their Milk Chocolate Soleil as well but it had a slightly orange/peach cast on my skin ... this was the clear winner. Applying with a light touch is key if you are fairish like me, but the results are impeccable.

I'm not crazy about the packaging ... it does come with a mirror, but the gold hard-edged plastic looks cheap. I'd rather have no mirror and a sleeker, more elegant compact. But the quality of the product is so good I don't think I'll ever buy another bronzer.

on 6/21/2013 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a review for the smaller size, $15 item available at Sephora. I wanted to try this bronzer after seeing the rave reviews, and hearing it smelled of chocolate? Sold!
This is a really small compact, about the size of an eye color. It comes with a small kabuki brush which is very soft considering the tiny size. I am a NC 25 in MAC speak, freckled complexion. It looks natural on me and I do like the matte finish. The smell is really delightful, light and not overpowering at all. I would more than likely purchase the full size; I find it applies easier than my Guerlain compact which I paid considerably more for. The best way to apply is with a fluffy brush, tracing a backwards 3 on either side of your face after tapping any excess product from the brush. Blending well will ensure it doesn't look muddy, as some are wont to do. The pigmentation is great, so one pass on either side of the face should be enough.

on 6/19/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this bronzer. I don't think it's too dark, on my NC30 skin I think it's great to contour but not too dark to wear all over the face. The tone is great, not orange or ashy at all, just a really great warm brown shade that is totally matte.. I find it's the only bronzer that is actually the color of my skin when I'm tan. I also love to use this in the socket of my eye for great natural definition and warmth on the eye. The only thing that was a negative for me was the packaging. I don't know if I just got a bad one or what, but literally the day after I bought this I could hear the pan rattling around in the compact and thought "oh, that's not good-this is totally going to fall apart" and sure enough, the next day I opened the compact and the pan just fell out. On the one hand, it didn't really bother me because I had planned to depot it anyway and put it in an Unii palette, but on the other hand, when I pay $30ish dollars for a product, I expect better quality. Again, not a huge issue, but kind or ridiculous all the same. But the product itself is so great, I will totally re-purchase.

Popular Bronzers

Laguna
Bahama Mama
Bahama Mama

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose