Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

Right now, in more yellow the. Necessarily olive but, I loved this stuff, and it actually smelled (&tasted according to my brothers dog who loves to give me kisses) but it wasn't too much if a sweet smell.

on 5/23/2013 2:50:00 AM

Oh Too Faced, thank you for making such a great matte bronzer. This product gives you that beautiful sun-kissed bronze glow without the fake orange effect. Definitely a true brown, smells AAAmazing and you get A LOT of product for your money. For reference I'm NC35 skin tone with oily combination skin and this last quite a long time on my skin.

on 5/12/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell of this product. It was my first bronzer as I was experimenting with contouring but unfortunately it wasn't dark enough to achieve the look I wanted and I had to return it for Lorac Tantalizer. Nothing wrong with this item it just wasn't for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

**UPDATE** 01/27/14
No longer a favorite of mine. After using it for awhile, I started to compare it to my Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer & it doesn't give that same natural effect that the Guerlain gives me. The Guerlain looks more refined and "at one" with the skin whereas this bronzer looks a bit more like an extra layer of a powder product in comparison. It's a great bronzer but I must say, I'm a bit spoiled by the quality of Guerlain & can't seem to shake it in favor of this bronzer.

_____________________________________

This is one of my HG bronzers (it might even be my number 1 favorite HG bronzer). I'm an NC35-NC40 and it's everything I want in a bronzer, its the perfect shade, perfect blendability, pigmentation, texture..just everything. A lot of people use this to contour but I use it as an all over bronzer- its too warm to contour with for me. I'm just so in love with this, I don't see anything getting better then this. This smells AMAZING and dare I say its actually quite tasty too (yes it actually tastes sweet but don't eat it!) That's definitely one of my favorite things about it. The packaging is cute as well. It's fairly sturdy and has a great mirror.
TEXTURE/COLOR:
Not powdery or chalky. Soft but not too soft and finely milled and super smooth. My brush picks this up easily without there being a lot of powder fall out. The color is a medium, warm leaning towards neutral brown. Its not orangey or reddish at all just a perfect brown. It's completely matte with perfect pigmentation for a bronzer. Its not overly pigmented but not really sheer either.
FINISH:
its very blendable and natural looking on the skin. Its got a nice diffused effect and it looks very dimensional and flawless. This is the perfect shade for my skin.
WEAR POWER:
it's got great wear power only second to Guerlain Terracotta. It stays all day 14+ hours without getting streaky or blotchy and holds up really well against oil.

on 4/20/2013 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really like this. On a day to day basis this is the only face makeup i use.
I use bronzer because i'm naturally pale and because of that i tend to look sickly. This really warms up my complexion. Honestly you don't NEED this. You could easily find a matte brown powder somewhere else for much cheaper but i bought this on a whim 2 years ago as a birthday gift to myself. It's very dark so I use it sparingly to give a warmer tone to my face. I've contoured with it before with good results. Plus it smells like hot chocolate! I'm a sucker for anything that smells like chocolate.

on 4/17/2013 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great scent, nice texture but this turned orange on me, very orange.
not a fan of that look, i even used a very light hand, maybe i should go for the lighter one? right now i like guerlain light in 01 blondes and regular terracotta in 04

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Such an amazing bronzer. I switch between this and NARS Casino about every other day, I can't choose! But I love this for the flawless matte finish. The chocolate scent is delicious, but doesn't linger. The packaging is too cute, and it applies flawlessly onto my skin. It seems to be lasting me forever, but I've already bought a second just in case! No doubt its worth the hype and the price, I promise you!

on 4/10/2013 9:20:00 PM

First off, it smells amazing. I use this over my other bronzers because it smells so good, not to mention it is good. I am an NC20 and it works fine on me, just one tap with a brush and a light hand. It is the perfect color for contouring. I find that it doesn't last very long, but I still give it 5 lippies overall.

on 4/2/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was a bit scared to buy this product because I have quite pale skin, and I thought it might be too dark for me. But because I heard so much great stuff about it, I thought I should give it a try anyway, and I'm so glad I did! It's so easy to blend, and I think it would be great for any skin tone. I have been using it nearly every day for 1,5 years, and I still have a lot left.

One of my all time favourite make-up products. Worth every penny.

on 3/30/2013 7:47:00 PM

I'm shamelessly addicted to this bronzer. I look forward to using it every time I do my makeup because it smells so frikkin' good! Not only that, but it's completely matte and very buildable so you can easily use it all over your face or for contouring. The color is just perfect for my medium skin tone, and the consistency is really fine so your skin doesn't look powdery. The product will also last you a really long time. I have both the tarte amazonian clay bronzer and thebalm's bahama mama, and while I like them a lot, I still reach for my chocolate soleil almost every time.

Popular Bronzers