Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 9/23/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

CHOCOLATE!!!!! The name, the color, the SMELL!!! It IS my favorite bronzer. Ive gone through 3 of them.

It is MATTE, and DARK. I have tan skin with yellow undertones so I need a very dark bronzer with NO RED in it. This bronzer is a pure BROWN color.

I believe it does a good job of staying on as well through out the day. And it goes on smooth.

Really great for contouring.

Definitely worth the buy. Speaking of which, I am from Texas and I moved to Switzerland and very sad that Switzerland does not carry Too Faced!

on 9/12/2013 11:15:00 AM

I absolutely love the product! I didn't think I would because of the strong scent (I love chocolate and even pure cocoa but i'm not a fan of too much fragrance in my face products/makeup) but I grew to love it because I really like how the color deposits onto my skin. (I have the chocolate on- it's the darker one) for ref i'm an NC35 in MAC. I appreciate that the product is well compact so it's not powdery and you dont get a bunch of fall out/too much on the brush.. It's buildable. It also gives you a nice matte bronzed look not sparly or orange at all. Just perfect!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow!! I can't believe it's taken me this long to jump on the bandwagon for this amazing product. NC20-25 here and usually bronzers make my face look fake or patchy, not this one! It gives the most natural looking golden glow & smells of luscious cocoa, non-irritating to my sensitive, clog-prone skin and the tiniest amount goes a long way. Absolute repurchase, I've ran the gamut of bronzers, both high and low end & none of them even compare to chocolate soleil. My only gripe is the tacky packaging, for $30 I'd prefer something more compact and HE looking. Just a minor flaw though!

on 8/17/2013 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the most awesome bronzer ever!! I used to be addicted to Nars Laguna, but I found it was a bit too glittery and even left a slight orangey color on my skin when used for contouring. Upon trying the Chocolate Soleil I was extremely impressed! It contours beautifully and doesn't leave any sparkles on the skin (and not a trace of orange either.) Even though I'm fair skinned (NC 20), I have been using it with a light hand and hence find that this shade (med/deep) is not too dark at all. I LOVE it so much! Farewell Nars Laguna---Our love affair was good while it lasted but I have found a much more compatible match. Thanks to Too Faced Chocolate Soleil--you truly came to my rescue, and I absolutely adore you!!

I effing love this product. I have been using this bronzer for about 4 years now, and before that I was using nars laguna (obv). Dont get me wrong, i love laguna, i used it for 2 years and it was great! but i wanted to try a matte bronzer...and i never went back!!!! it helped with my skin so much! it wasnt orangey or muddy or dirty! and the smell was so good!!

For people who think the smell will be annoying- its not!! you only smell it for a little and then it fades and youre left with a beautiful glowing tanned face!!

trust me its the shiz

buy this- you wont regret it

This product is very good to contour with! It smells so good too! It seriously smells like chocolate! This bronzer is matte which makes it better to contour with!

on 8/3/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin is so fair (NW10, freckles) that most bronzers are too dark no matter how lightly I apply them. I end up using light mauve or light peachy brown blushes as bronzers.

This bronzer is the first bronzer I've really loved. It goes on light without being patchy, it blends smoothly, it smells heavenly. It looks matte and natural on the skin. It's perfect with a sheer foundation as well as a full coverage look. It's not too warm or orange for my cool-toned skin.

I really love this product. I use it almost every day, and the pan has lasted me for more than a year. It's a good investment.

on 7/31/2013 7:31:00 AM

I LOVE THIS BRONZER SO MUCH. I have fair skin, however it isn't too dark for me to contour with. I also love the smell. It is a bit pricey but it's so pigmented you barely have to use any product so it has lasted me a really long time. I've used it almost everyday for a year and haven't even hit pan yet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this for a while after buying on a whim at Ulta. I'm a big fan of everything matte... eyeshadows, bronzers, even highlighters. I loved that this bronzer is matte, and I was able to blend it easily, but it seemed a bit too dark for me unless I already had quite the tan going. I just couldn't get a natural 'bronzed' look with this in the winter months (when I need it most).

Also -- honestly, I'd never think of having makeup on my face with much of a scent, but this stuff smells DELICIOUS! I really didn't think anyone else noticed it, but my boyfriend actually commented on it a couple times... he liked it, too :)

on 7/25/2013 9:08:00 PM

I love the color of this brozer. It is a good matte bronzer. I tend to be one of the people who dislike the glitter bronzers. And this smells just lile coco powder. Very odd but in a good way. ha! Unfortunately, it did break me out. I do, however, think its my skin not so much the product. I would recommend this to some one with fair/medium+ skin. The only reason I would not repurchase is bc my skin was to sensitive.

Popular Bronzers

Sheer Bronzer #1
Laguna
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose