April 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

HALLELUJAH!!! Finally a sheer pink shade that DOESN'T streak!

Mademoiselle is a very sheer, subtle pink with white undertones. I wear it over my regular top coat or protein top coat, and it last very well. With 2 coats, it's just barely visible that you have pink on your nails. It looks polished and elegant. This is such a perfect every day shade! HG!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG HG HG!

I'm normally a lazy person, and I don't like to spend a lot of time messing with beauty products so the fact that I have consistently painted my nails in this color for 6 straight months is nothing short of phenomenal. Here are some reasons why:

1. It LASTS. I go 2 weeks in between at-home manicures, and I only use a base coat and 2 coats of color, no topcoat. On top of that, I play my violin almost everyday which usually causes nail polishes to fray.

2. It's a very neutral, classy shade that looks casual for everyday and elegant when dressed up. This color is practically idiot-proof, and doesn't stain your nails. Also, the shade is so nude that it makes your fingers look long and slender.

3. The only reason I have to redo nails is that eventually my nails grow out. When this happens it is generally very hard to see that your nails aren't perfect, unless you look closely. Since my boyfriend isn't very observant, I can go on dates and he won't notice if I don't have time to redo my nails, because the imperfections are hard to see.

I don't think I will ever waste my time or money on colored polishes, short of halloween and/or extra special occasions.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dawnerin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect sheer pink color. I use just one coat of this w/base and top coat for a sheer natural look. Makes my nails look clean, pretty, put together.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Purrceyz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shade is a much loved sheer pink. It goes on well and lasts. Three coats make a milky semisheer pink that looks like your natural nail but only better. (I personally wish the brush was wider hence the 4 rating.). (If you want it more opaque, use ridge filler or Essie Marshmallow underneath.) The bottle shape (square) is good for storage.

A great conservative nail polish for job interviews etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by megglundrigan

I have recently become addicted to Essie Nail Polish and I bought this shade in a french manicure kit that came with Essie's white polish and a clear base coat/top coat/fortifyer. I must say that though this is an extremely subtle and natural polish I always find myself glancing at my nails, a sign that I love it.

I had to do a couple of coats to get a little bit of color but I love the natural look it gives my nails and adds a little bit of glossy shine. Basically, my nails but better (and stronger!) The one thing I do find about Essie polishes is that it sometimes takes them awhile to dry and as I'm impatient I tend to go rummaging around before the polish has set, causing my to ruin my pretty nails (but that's my fault).

Price: I received this in a kit with two other Essie polishes for about $12, which I consider a steal as one bottle of Essie nail polish usually runs for about $8. I don't find the price to be a problem as I've never completely finished a bottle of nail polish and I expect this to last me a long time.

Packaging: Standard nail polish packaging. Small square bottle with plastic screw on top/brush. I like that the bottle is square, as to prevent rolling if the polish falls on its side or something.

Over all, a great natural polish that everyone should have :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a classic neatral polish that is a must own in everyones polish collection and yes in answer to teh reviewer below that lady form the cooking show is wearing this. I have used it for years jsut because its a great classic color to wear at work or on formal nights out and found it funny every time I read every beauty book or magazine this is thhe nail polish every beauty expert claims is a staple as far as pinks go and a must have and they are right!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by bitsits

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For me, this is the perfect polish. I've admired Ina Garten's nails (from "Barefoot Contessa" on Food Network) for a while, and I'm almost convinced this is what she's wearing. I work in a rather conservative office and spend most of my time typing. I wear a coat of Nail Envy, two coats of Mademoiselle, and one coat of Seche Vite, and it lasts for about a week. I'll buy this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by helenahjoo

I like this only kind of. I like how it has a really glossy finish. It's nice to wear to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really dissappointed with essie. loved the color in the bottle but unfortunately it went on totally streaky and chipped within a day. Way too expensive for that quality. (about 13 per bottle in Germany)Wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by nani51

Perfect, perfect natural pink. I love the color so much. As others have mentioned this is one of the most famous Essie colors. The warm pink goes perfectly with my warm asian skin tone. The only fault I find is with the brush. It's too narrow making application kinda hard. My thumb nails are rather large and it makes application kinda difficult. However despite this i would buy it again. It get the polish for about $5 so it's not breaking the bank at all, it cost about the same as a drugstore polish.