Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 10/24/2009 10:04:00 AM

I was so let down with this. All the hype yet didn't deliver whatsoever. I'm shocked at how sheer this is. My gawd even AVON sheer nailpolishes impressed me more. In my eyes this was a waste of money and has been placed in the junk drawer. Waaaaay too sheer. Lovely color but...huge but. Perhaps they could've made it just a touch less sheer and I would've bought this again. For now, I'm still on the hunt for a sheer/natural HG polish.

on 10/10/2009 7:09:00 PM

The first Essie product I bought! I followed everyone's recommendations and I am not disappointed. It really does look best with one or two coats--if you try to layer it on it will probably not cover your nail line no matter how many times you go over them. This polish is SHEER. Great for work. Classy but still fun at the same time.

I use it over Essie's ridge filling base coat, with no top coat. It lasts FOREVER: shiny and no nicks. No streakiness issues here either, which is rare because on my nails anything that has the tendency does tend to look uneven.

on 10/5/2009 9:21:00 PM

I absolutely love the color of this polish but I am lucky if I get 24 hours of wear without a chip. I have since found Maybelline Salon Expert in Sheer Ballet Pink which lasts 5-6 days on me without a chip. It's virtually the same color, lasts way longer and it about a 3rd of the price. Give it a try if you're disappointed in Essie's staying power.

on 9/25/2009 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Too sheer! Every Essie color I try (except for vibrant colors) is too sheer! It pisses me off. I would just stick to OPI Bubble Bath instead of this, ladies. You get better payoff. Will not purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am on to my 4th or 5th bottle of this, it is the only polish I come back to time and time again. I have tried many sheer neutral shades (OPI Bubblebath, Coney Island Cotton Candy, Essie Ballet Slippers) and they are all super streaky, but not Mademoiselle. Great thin formula that applies so easily and streak free.

It is a definate HG for me, if I'm in a rush I do one coat over base and it makes my nails look healthy and shiny and dries super fast. When I have more time I like to do two coats which makes my nails look naturally perfect, I don't use a topcoat and my manis last ages, plus it is such a neutral colour if it does happen to chip throughout the day it is not really noticeable unless you look really closly.

For special occasions I also like to team this with Essie Marshmallow on my tips for a very clean, natural looking french mani. I will always re-purchase this shade when I run out.

on 9/20/2009 6:45:00 PM

Based on fantastic reviews, I bought this, but was sorely disappointed in its application. It's a lot more nude than the bottle color would imply (pretty baby pink) but it streaks something awful and I just can't get a good application out of this. I'll stick to OPI and China Glaze.

on 9/18/2009 5:52:00 AM

my hg neutral nail color! i have tried soooo many nude nail colors to finally come to the conclusion that this is the best one for me...opi (samoan sand, coney island cotton candy, bubble bath) and essie (ballet slippers, its delicate), just to name a few...this is a sheer pink color that does not streak and dries with a super shiny finish. application is so easy since the formula isn't too thick and doesn't get gummy with age. it's my go to color when i just need something to look polished and classic. my one and only wish is that the brush was wider to ease in application. despite this slight flaw, this nail polish is one of my "must have all the time, no matter what" products!

on 8/29/2009 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The only color I will use on my pedicures. Looks brighter, more candy pink in the bottle but goes on sheer with coverage and a little bit neutral. Gives you a polished, pulled together look, and lasts. Flattering on my pale feet, flattering when I have a tan.

on 8/19/2009 1:36:00 PM

I got this on sale for $3.99 usd and i have always been curious both about this brand and color specifically, i think it is nice the price (on sale) was overall pretty inexpensive, i would buy again and would recommend. for the most part i like nail polishes that are more colorful, this is subdued and natural, but sometimes (rarely) i feel like more natural nail colors so i will reach for it then. i recommend and would buy this brand again

on 8/19/2009 1:39:00 AM

This is a great French manicure color. It is the same color as my natural nails, and it makes them look super polished. I use Marshmallow by Essie for the white tips and my nails look great.

Popular Polishes