August 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 5:27:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on to my 4th or 5th bottle of this, it is the only polish I come back to time and time again. I have tried many sheer neutral shades (OPI Bubblebath, Coney Island Cotton Candy, Essie Ballet Slippers) and they are all super streaky, but not Mademoiselle. Great thin formula that applies so easily and streak free.

It is a definate HG for me, if I'm in a rush I do one coat over base and it makes my nails look healthy and shiny and dries super fast. When I have more time I like to do two coats which makes my nails look naturally perfect, I don't use a topcoat and my manis last ages, plus it is such a neutral colour if it does happen to chip throughout the day it is not really noticeable unless you look really closly.

For special occasions I also like to team this with Essie Marshmallow on my tips for a very clean, natural looking french mani. I will always re-purchase this shade when I run out.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Based on fantastic reviews, I bought this, but was sorely disappointed in its application. It's a lot more nude than the bottle color would imply (pretty baby pink) but it streaks something awful and I just can't get a good application out of this. I'll stick to OPI and China Glaze.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:52:00 AM More reviews by makenawailea

my hg neutral nail color! i have tried soooo many nude nail colors to finally come to the conclusion that this is the best one for me...opi (samoan sand, coney island cotton candy, bubble bath) and essie (ballet slippers, its delicate), just to name a few...this is a sheer pink color that does not streak and dries with a super shiny finish. application is so easy since the formula isn't too thick and doesn't get gummy with age. it's my go to color when i just need something to look polished and classic. my one and only wish is that the brush was wider to ease in application. despite this slight flaw, this nail polish is one of my "must have all the time, no matter what" products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only color I will use on my pedicures. Looks brighter, more candy pink in the bottle but goes on sheer with coverage and a little bit neutral. Gives you a polished, pulled together look, and lasts. Flattering on my pale feet, flattering when I have a tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I got this on sale for $3.99 usd and i have always been curious both about this brand and color specifically, i think it is nice the price (on sale) was overall pretty inexpensive, i would buy again and would recommend. for the most part i like nail polishes that are more colorful, this is subdued and natural, but sometimes (rarely) i feel like more natural nail colors so i will reach for it then. i recommend and would buy this brand again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is a great French manicure color. It is the same color as my natural nails, and it makes them look super polished. I use Marshmallow by Essie for the white tips and my nails look great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

HALLELUJAH!!! Finally a sheer pink shade that DOESN'T streak!

Mademoiselle is a very sheer, subtle pink with white undertones. I wear it over my regular top coat or protein top coat, and it last very well. With 2 coats, it's just barely visible that you have pink on your nails. It looks polished and elegant. This is such a perfect every day shade! HG!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG HG HG!

I'm normally a lazy person, and I don't like to spend a lot of time messing with beauty products so the fact that I have consistently painted my nails in this color for 6 straight months is nothing short of phenomenal. Here are some reasons why:

1. It LASTS. I go 2 weeks in between at-home manicures, and I only use a base coat and 2 coats of color, no topcoat. On top of that, I play my violin almost everyday which usually causes nail polishes to fray.

2. It's a very neutral, classy shade that looks casual for everyday and elegant when dressed up. This color is practically idiot-proof, and doesn't stain your nails. Also, the shade is so nude that it makes your fingers look long and slender.

3. The only reason I have to redo nails is that eventually my nails grow out. When this happens it is generally very hard to see that your nails aren't perfect, unless you look closely. Since my boyfriend isn't very observant, I can go on dates and he won't notice if I don't have time to redo my nails, because the imperfections are hard to see.

I don't think I will ever waste my time or money on colored polishes, short of halloween and/or extra special occasions.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dawnerin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect sheer pink color. I use just one coat of this w/base and top coat for a sheer natural look. Makes my nails look clean, pretty, put together.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Purrceyz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shade is a much loved sheer pink. It goes on well and lasts. Three coats make a milky semisheer pink that looks like your natural nail but only better. (I personally wish the brush was wider hence the 4 rating.). (If you want it more opaque, use ridge filler or Essie Marshmallow underneath.) The bottle shape (square) is good for storage.

A great conservative nail polish for job interviews etc.