July 23, 2014 | 2001 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Based on fantastic reviews, I bought this, but was sorely disappointed in its application. It's a lot more nude than the bottle color would imply (pretty baby pink) but it streaks something awful and I just can't get a good application out of this. I'll stick to OPI and China Glaze.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:52:00 AM More reviews by makenawailea

my hg neutral nail color! i have tried soooo many nude nail colors to finally come to the conclusion that this is the best one for me...opi (samoan sand, coney island cotton candy, bubble bath) and essie (ballet slippers, its delicate), just to name a few...this is a sheer pink color that does not streak and dries with a super shiny finish. application is so easy since the formula isn't too thick and doesn't get gummy with age. it's my go to color when i just need something to look polished and classic. my one and only wish is that the brush was wider to ease in application. despite this slight flaw, this nail polish is one of my "must have all the time, no matter what" products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only color I will use on my pedicures. Looks brighter, more candy pink in the bottle but goes on sheer with coverage and a little bit neutral. Gives you a polished, pulled together look, and lasts. Flattering on my pale feet, flattering when I have a tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I got this on sale for $3.99 usd and i have always been curious both about this brand and color specifically, i think it is nice the price (on sale) was overall pretty inexpensive, i would buy again and would recommend. for the most part i like nail polishes that are more colorful, this is subdued and natural, but sometimes (rarely) i feel like more natural nail colors so i will reach for it then. i recommend and would buy this brand again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is a great French manicure color. It is the same color as my natural nails, and it makes them look super polished. I use Marshmallow by Essie for the white tips and my nails look great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

HALLELUJAH!!! Finally a sheer pink shade that DOESN'T streak!

Mademoiselle is a very sheer, subtle pink with white undertones. I wear it over my regular top coat or protein top coat, and it last very well. With 2 coats, it's just barely visible that you have pink on your nails. It looks polished and elegant. This is such a perfect every day shade! HG!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG HG HG!

I'm normally a lazy person, and I don't like to spend a lot of time messing with beauty products so the fact that I have consistently painted my nails in this color for 6 straight months is nothing short of phenomenal. Here are some reasons why:

1. It LASTS. I go 2 weeks in between at-home manicures, and I only use a base coat and 2 coats of color, no topcoat. On top of that, I play my violin almost everyday which usually causes nail polishes to fray.

2. It's a very neutral, classy shade that looks casual for everyday and elegant when dressed up. This color is practically idiot-proof, and doesn't stain your nails. Also, the shade is so nude that it makes your fingers look long and slender.

3. The only reason I have to redo nails is that eventually my nails grow out. When this happens it is generally very hard to see that your nails aren't perfect, unless you look closely. Since my boyfriend isn't very observant, I can go on dates and he won't notice if I don't have time to redo my nails, because the imperfections are hard to see.

I don't think I will ever waste my time or money on colored polishes, short of halloween and/or extra special occasions.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dawnerin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect sheer pink color. I use just one coat of this w/base and top coat for a sheer natural look. Makes my nails look clean, pretty, put together.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Purrceyz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shade is a much loved sheer pink. It goes on well and lasts. Three coats make a milky semisheer pink that looks like your natural nail but only better. (I personally wish the brush was wider hence the 4 rating.). (If you want it more opaque, use ridge filler or Essie Marshmallow underneath.) The bottle shape (square) is good for storage.

A great conservative nail polish for job interviews etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by megglundrigan

I have recently become addicted to Essie Nail Polish and I bought this shade in a french manicure kit that came with Essie's white polish and a clear base coat/top coat/fortifyer. I must say that though this is an extremely subtle and natural polish I always find myself glancing at my nails, a sign that I love it.

I had to do a couple of coats to get a little bit of color but I love the natural look it gives my nails and adds a little bit of glossy shine. Basically, my nails but better (and stronger!) The one thing I do find about Essie polishes is that it sometimes takes them awhile to dry and as I'm impatient I tend to go rummaging around before the polish has set, causing my to ruin my pretty nails (but that's my fault).

Price: I received this in a kit with two other Essie polishes for about $12, which I consider a steal as one bottle of Essie nail polish usually runs for about $8. I don't find the price to be a problem as I've never completely finished a bottle of nail polish and I expect this to last me a long time.

Packaging: Standard nail polish packaging. Small square bottle with plastic screw on top/brush. I like that the bottle is square, as to prevent rolling if the polish falls on its side or something.

Over all, a great natural polish that everyone should have :)