September 1, 2014 | 1050 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by whittiergal15

I have recently rediscovered this powder. I used to use it ages ago and stopped because it was expensive. I decided to buy it again and love it. I do not use it as a foundation I use this as a powder over my foundation with a kabuki brush and it is fantastic. You don't need much and makes my skin look flawless. It smells really nice and take it everywhere with me for a touch up, but I never really touch up because I don't need to. I would will defintely repurchase after I am done.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really wanted (and still want) to love this product, not only because I paid well for it but because the shade I got it in is almost a near perfect match to my skin tone and coloring. I also liked the consistency of the powder.

However, I am extremely allergic to it :'(((
After I put it on for the first time and wearing it for, oh about 10-15 minutes, my face started to prickle and heat up a little, then sting, then burn.... Even after washing it all off, my skin "hurt" and remained inflamed for the rest of the day. Being the determined and brave (but rather idiotic) woman that I am, I decided to give it another shot a few weeks later, but alas, the same painful results as the last time. Obviously, the term "beauty is pain" probably doesn't extend into allergic reaction territory (no matter how great the color-match is), so I will not be buying again.

Also, for some stupid reason the sponge that it came with (along with the puff) can't be carried in the compact because it's too thick and won't't allow the lid to click shut properly. So dumb! Or is mine just defected?

UPDATE!!!

Turns out my allergicc reaction was caused by something else. SOrry! I Still looking for my HG powder foundation since it is a little drying in the winter, HOWEVER I do like it enough to give a shot at buying again (the texture and feel is airy, which is prefect in my book), just in a more suitable shade for my skintone.
And the sponge now fits after repeated usage :P

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by chunobabe

This product works excellent to set & touch up my MAC Studio Fix foundation. I would never use this product as foundation only- the coverage is to light for my preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by aznhoney

This is among the products I have tried from a long time ago. This has been the best foundation/powder I have ever used. I usually use the wet application and it's always perfect. No one ever knew I was wearing makeup until I told them!! I love the natural look that is why I am very much in love with this makeup! I've tried quite a few foundations and powders over the years, and BY FAR, this will always be my HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Not enough coverage for me. I know, you may be saying "well what do you expect from a powder foundation?!". I've been trying various powder foundations and many of them provide much more coverage than this, including MAC Studio Fix. This also applied kind of patchy around my nose area for some strange reason. I chose Matte Ecru, which was a good match. No SPF is another reason why I'm not in love with this. The packaging is fine, except that for on the go, they expect you to use the puff it comes with and not the sponge, so the compact doesn't close very well with the sponge. I have one question, what the heck are you supposed to do with the sponge in the meantime? Store it in a plastic baggy or something? Not very well thought out, in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

I have used this product off and on for 8 years now. I believe the only reason I purchased this product time and time again was because I found such a good color match. The foundation is velvety smooth and goes on very easily using the poof or sponge provided. The fragrance added to this product reminded me of old lady cosmetics, so I moved to the fragrance free version which was a big help.

However, I found that this foundation does not wear well with my oily skin. I found that about 4 hours into wearing this I was extremely shiny and the product had drifted on my t-zone creating a very odd and unbecoming effect. This happens with and without primer. What's the point of paying $35 for a powder foundation that can't even last 4 hours?? I have now found several powder foundations that are much cheaper and do much better with my oily skin (i.e. Palladio powder foundation)

I'm sure this is better suited for ladies with less oily skin types. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I am a big fan of powder foundations and use them only dry as touch ups or over concealers when I don't use liquid foundations.

I used this a long time ago and lately when I wanted to switch from EDM, I came back to this because I remember having good experiences with it.

I bought this in Matte Wheat, I am NC30-35 with very strong olive/yellow undertones even though my face is pinkier, my neck is really olive. It is a good color match and it doesn't oxidize as much as Studio Fix or NARS or LM. I like the soft finish and I don't use the sponge, I only apply this with a velour or a flocked puff.

One of things that i love about this is that there are so many colors to pick from. Too many companies put out their powder foundations in only 5 to 8 colors.

I love the BIG compact, I am sick of these teeny tiny mirrors in compact powders and you can see your WHOLE face in this one. The amount of powder you get is really nice too. It is $36, but compared to say LM which is $40 for half of this amount, it is almost a deal.

I wish this was refillable, but I forgive Lancome because they make up for it with their color selection.

Coverage for me is pretty nice, used dry, it isn't enough to cover all of my red post acne marks, but I have thick concealer for that. Makes me look soft focused and not too matte, just pretty when applied properly.

I have tried over 25 different brands of powder foundation and this is one of the better ones.

I actually like the scent & doesn't break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ktmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product off ebay after waiting for a good deal to win a low auction. The wait was worth the savings!

My biggest gripe with this product is the lightest shade is definitely too dark for my pale skin. It looks orangey on me. I used the lightest shade which is Matte Voile I. I also have tried matte pearl I and this was darker than matte voile I. My 3 star rating is due to the color.

The coverage is interesting... If you use it without foundation, right after going on it seems a little transclucent- I could still see my blemishes. It's possible that I should use a wet sponge. However weirdly enough over time the product looks better on my face. Perhaps because since I have oily skin, the oil soaks up the powder and the coverage gets better... But I noticed at the end of the day my face looked pretty even and the makeup held.

I definitely think this product is good for people with oily skin, as it didn't seem to wear off and kept my skin not too oily. Also, if you have the oils, you put this on and the shine disappears instantly in a thick matte finish.

One thing I noticed about this product was that if you keep reapplying it, it can cake up on your nose. I only noticed this once. But it was embarrassing.

Another con to this product is I am pretty sure it caused me to break out. My skin had been doing just fine and after using this a lot, i noticed that I had bumps all over my forehead... I am not 100% sure it was due to this product but I am pretty sure.

The thing I loved most about this product was that it is FAST to apply! Never once have I had a foundation that was so fast. Just whip out the sponge and bim bam you are done. Compare this to liquid foundation and you will spend a good 10 minutes smoothing it out. This product is great for quick touchups.

All in all I am so-so on this product. The fact it turns my white face orange and causes acne makes me to decide to not repurchase. However I will give it some more chances. I will continue to keep it in my purse for emergency touchups, and use my liquid concealer instead.

A tip- Keep that plastic thing that comes with it over the powder. Do not let the used sponge sit on the powder as it will cause grease spots to sink into the powder. It's best to use a brush you clean regularly to minimize the oil/bacteria contamination and minimize the chance you will get acne flareups.
continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by starxbright

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

for my 14th birthday [now turning 16], i bought this at Sephora because the lady totally coerced me to buy it. unfortunately, i was too polite to say no. plus, this was my first powder foundation, [and 2nd foundation ever] so i didnt know the difference.

SO not worth $35-$40.
in fact, not ever worth $2.

this broke me out, and i had never seen a pimple in my life.

i have read up on it and turns out dermatoligists highly discourage the use of this product because its ingredients are TERRIBLE for your skin.

PLUS, it wasnt thick, but it looked cakey. you could tell i was wearing powder.

don't get it. drugstore powders are much better & less expensive. and if youre more into high end products, i'm sure there are wayyyy better out there than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by sweetgermangirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the few products I buy repeatedly. I mainly use this as a powder and it gives a really good coverage as far as powder is concerned. I occaisionaly use it wet for a sophisticated evening look however it will run out very quickly this way and this is not a cheap product. It does last several years I will admit using it dry. It comes in very handy for a quick repair/coverup if you have to dash out without your foundation.
I just wish that they would sell replacement latex sponges!!