November 26, 2014 | 1048 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love how this product last on your face for a very long time. you can even sweat and it stays on. I went to a tanning bed and my skin still had it on afterwards. This stuff is truely amazing in that aspect. Different shades seem to give you different coverage. Bisque and Nu give me great coverage, while my real tone Sand gives me ok coverage. I don't know why this is, but depending on the shade you are you might get a different level on coverage. The perfume it contains is bad smelling and could do without it. It comes in a Fragrance Free version, but those are rather hard to find. This also photographs well and doesn't settle into fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Gm619

I've been using this for years and years. I now use the unscented version, which I prefer. I keep trying other powdered foundations and keep on coming back to this. It's a light coverage when you use a Kabuki brush and a heavier coverage when you use the applicator that it comes with. Intially when you put it on you will look powdery, but in a short while the powderiness goes away and it gives you a nice even look. The color does not oxidize on me. It stays pretty true. I do have to either re-apply or use an oil blotting sheet during the day because I start to get shiny after a while. Pretty good product. I usually wait for a GWP when I need to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I don't care for this powder any more. It give light coverage. I think this powder good just for setting powder. I didn't like the smell. The reason that I give 3 stars due to come in a lot of colors. It not a matt finished more like soft matt. Colors are more cool tone and neutral tone not for yellow and golden tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

A nice powder, something different than my traditional MAC studio fix. It has a rose smell to it which I do not care for but I know it's a classic smell from a classic brand. The smell goes away fairly quickly...The coverage is lovely...lightweight but still covers. I use a brush to set my liquid and then I sponge on during the day. Matte powder but still gives your skin a glow if that makes sense. The price is a little high, almost $50 CDN...all in all really nice and worth a try if you can. I have not yet used it wet and don't think I will. Also a tip- leave the plastic on so that your sponge doesn't touch the powder!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this at a CCO even though I have about 5 powder fdtns already but just had to try it. Tons of colors so you'll most likely find a match with lots of neutral/yellows. Confession, I like a powder fdtn with good, heavy coverage. This definitely delivers. You can build up on problem areas. Lippie off cause it can definitely look heavy and mask-like so use a careful hand. Lasts all day with no oxidation or settling. Also hard to blend once it "sets". Might re-buy but I also love LM and Mally and just can't ever see myself not trying all my options before I settle. I use my Fresh powder brush (my fave for these types of fdtns) and get super coverage and then a sponge to touch up redness. Great, but definitely not the best around. For that see LaPrairie, LM or *gasp* Neutrogena!. EDIT: Now up for swap. Too masky looking and heavy. 2 lippies still for coverage and shade range but not a good look on someone 35!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after trying and loving a sample compact, but the full size was disappointing and didn't deliver the same results. I have Matte Porcelaine Delicate 1 which is a fine match for my tone, but the formula feels heavy and cheap. I like powders that are soft and apply smoothly, and this was more like thick chalk that settled into any dry patches. It's also pretty bad at keeping oil at bay, so I had to retouch more frequently than with most other pressed powders. I won't buy powder from Lancome again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by whittiergal15

I have recently rediscovered this powder. I used to use it ages ago and stopped because it was expensive. I decided to buy it again and love it. I do not use it as a foundation I use this as a powder over my foundation with a kabuki brush and it is fantastic. You don't need much and makes my skin look flawless. It smells really nice and take it everywhere with me for a touch up, but I never really touch up because I don't need to. I would will defintely repurchase after I am done.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really wanted (and still want) to love this product, not only because I paid well for it but because the shade I got it in is almost a near perfect match to my skin tone and coloring. I also liked the consistency of the powder.

However, I am extremely allergic to it :'(((
After I put it on for the first time and wearing it for, oh about 10-15 minutes, my face started to prickle and heat up a little, then sting, then burn.... Even after washing it all off, my skin "hurt" and remained inflamed for the rest of the day. Being the determined and brave (but rather idiotic) woman that I am, I decided to give it another shot a few weeks later, but alas, the same painful results as the last time. Obviously, the term "beauty is pain" probably doesn't extend into allergic reaction territory (no matter how great the color-match is), so I will not be buying again.

Also, for some stupid reason the sponge that it came with (along with the puff) can't be carried in the compact because it's too thick and won't't allow the lid to click shut properly. So dumb! Or is mine just defected?

UPDATE!!!

Turns out my allergicc reaction was caused by something else. SOrry! I Still looking for my HG powder foundation since it is a little drying in the winter, HOWEVER I do like it enough to give a shot at buying again (the texture and feel is airy, which is prefect in my book), just in a more suitable shade for my skintone.
And the sponge now fits after repeated usage :P

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by chunobabe

This product works excellent to set & touch up my MAC Studio Fix foundation. I would never use this product as foundation only- the coverage is to light for my preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by aznhoney

This is among the products I have tried from a long time ago. This has been the best foundation/powder I have ever used. I usually use the wet application and it's always perfect. No one ever knew I was wearing makeup until I told them!! I love the natural look that is why I am very much in love with this makeup! I've tried quite a few foundations and powders over the years, and BY FAR, this will always be my HG.