April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:23:00 AM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot believe how low the rating is??? this is the best tasting/smalling lip balm/gloss ever IMHO, granted if you lips are about to crack in half it is not balmy enough for you, It is more like a lg in a pot. Buy this if you love fruity tastes/scents

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mahima

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i looove these
i go through one strawberry one in one school year
i remeber having a lime one way back when
i loved the flavour of it, and the texture was different too
when they discontinoued it,
it broke my heart.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by samiam1022

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the Born Lippy in Raspberry and although it feels good when first applied and smells yummy, I do feel like this is causing my lips to dry out more. I haven't tried the lip butters from TBS yet, but I"m guessing these may be more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by bubbleheart

I bought these when after I had fallen in love with the lip butters, just to see if they were as nice. I bought raspberry and watermelon after spending quite awhile in the store trying to decide between all the flavours. Although I liked the the color of the raspberry and it smelled very similar to strawberry, it didnt smell as fruity or potent as I'd expected products from the body shop to be - especially in comparison to the lip butters. I do like the texture and the shine of this gloss and its still a fun gloss and really not that expensive at all, which is great because compared to the lotions and that at the body shop this stuff is a steal. I would buy this again, and would especially if they brought out a few new flavours....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by twolunarspring

I love the Body Shop - they are ethical, fun, natural and just the right side of frivolous. I fell in love with "Born Lippy" when a friend of mine bought me one in "Unbridled Passionberry" during a day-trip to Bournemouth a few years back. It's the best I have ever tried - the downside being that I tend to lick it off as it tastes as good as it smells. I do think they are a little expensive for what they are, however, but they make a wonderful pampering treat. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 11:15:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the Born Lippy range. I am onto my fourth tub already, and my absolute favourite is the Passionberry, i hated the Satsuma shimmer because it smelt like soap. It is very soft and glossy, and looks fantastic when worn instead of a gloss. It would probably not be very good if you live in a cold climate, but i live in the tropics and this is perfect. Very affordable also, it retails at 8.90 SGD but i get mine when they have sales (buy one get one free), and each pot takes me a long time to get through anyway, about half a year.

Awesome, this is the only balm i ever use.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by loveydovey062185

At first, I bought it because it was on sale at TBS (one of those buy one get one 50% off, something like that), and quickly fell in love with it. Strawberry is my favorite, with passionberry a close second. It has a little bit of color, but very subtle. The main thing I love about it is how the lip balm makes my lips look shiny and luscious. I would've bought more if it isn't so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by allison7

I got this in a little Satsuma gift kit. It's not bad! It's very soft, I accidentally made a huge divot in the balm when I first stuck my fingers in. The smell is really delicious and even though it is orangy and shimmery it's not chunky glitter and doesn't show up orange at all. AND, Satsuma smell/taste is delicious so you really can't go wrong!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Born Lippy line, like a lot of Body Shop products, is hit or miss. I like the texture of the balm a lot; it's very glossy and soft and easy to spread (I like to slather on my gloss/balm and not have to rub a hard waxy stick back and forth for 15 minutes). It has a castor oil & lanolin base, very low in wax content. Petroleum-free as far as I can tell from the label. But. Some flavors are delish (Satsuma Shimmer is my fave) and some are just plain funky and off-base (Passion Fruit smells like cat pee to me, and Strawberry is anything but inviting). You do have to try these in the shop before deciding which one to purchase, because most of them have a tint in addition to the flavor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this years ago so I suppose the kind I bought is no longer sold, since TBS is always changing products. The one I bought has a wonderful cherry flavour (I LOOOOOOVE cherry flavoured products!) and a light cherry pink tint. I love it. It gives me such a natural look and also tastes divine and is also very moisturizing. I don't know if their current lip balms are as good though, I haven't tried any.