September 3, 2014 | 1112 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Idony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the body shop lip balms, they smell divine and are really moisturising. I've been using these for years and have tried them in about every single flavour, my favourite is the passionberry. I have a fetish for passionfruit ^^ The only downside would be having to dip your finger into the tub especially since i have relatively long nails and they tend to get under them the further down you go, it would be better it they had it in the stick or something but overall, a fantastic product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by charlotte005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to like this one (have raspberry and a darker red with golden sparkles) until I realised it was the reason why my lips felt chapped the whole time. It's just not a lipgloss since it lacks in colour and not a lip balm since it dries out your lips, so, really, I wonder what the advantage is...And it's relatively pricey too and the pot design is horrible for getting the last bit out. Negative verdict.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Some really nice flavours in this range, which is the main reason I bought them! They're not too sticky and just give a nice subtle sheen to my lips, but I've since moved on to cheaper lip balms which do the same job at less than half the price! Also not really a fan of dipping my fingers into the pot, starts to feel a bit unsanitary after a while...oh well, a fairly good quality product nonetheless.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lwinn1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it smell fruity and sweet, but i really am too old for that. it is 8 dollars a tub, which isn't that expensive, but it doesn't heal chapped lips or moisterize very well and the color is non-existant, so it isn't worth it. the tub isn't hygenic becasue you need to use your fingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:23:00 AM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot believe how low the rating is??? this is the best tasting/smalling lip balm/gloss ever IMHO, granted if you lips are about to crack in half it is not balmy enough for you, It is more like a lg in a pot. Buy this if you love fruity tastes/scents

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mahima

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i looove these
i go through one strawberry one in one school year
i remeber having a lime one way back when
i loved the flavour of it, and the texture was different too
when they discontinoued it,
it broke my heart.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by samiam1022

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the Born Lippy in Raspberry and although it feels good when first applied and smells yummy, I do feel like this is causing my lips to dry out more. I haven't tried the lip butters from TBS yet, but I"m guessing these may be more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by bubbleheart

I bought these when after I had fallen in love with the lip butters, just to see if they were as nice. I bought raspberry and watermelon after spending quite awhile in the store trying to decide between all the flavours. Although I liked the the color of the raspberry and it smelled very similar to strawberry, it didnt smell as fruity or potent as I'd expected products from the body shop to be - especially in comparison to the lip butters. I do like the texture and the shine of this gloss and its still a fun gloss and really not that expensive at all, which is great because compared to the lotions and that at the body shop this stuff is a steal. I would buy this again, and would especially if they brought out a few new flavours....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by twolunarspring

I love the Body Shop - they are ethical, fun, natural and just the right side of frivolous. I fell in love with "Born Lippy" when a friend of mine bought me one in "Unbridled Passionberry" during a day-trip to Bournemouth a few years back. It's the best I have ever tried - the downside being that I tend to lick it off as it tastes as good as it smells. I do think they are a little expensive for what they are, however, but they make a wonderful pampering treat. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 11:15:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the Born Lippy range. I am onto my fourth tub already, and my absolute favourite is the Passionberry, i hated the Satsuma shimmer because it smelt like soap. It is very soft and glossy, and looks fantastic when worn instead of a gloss. It would probably not be very good if you live in a cold climate, but i live in the tropics and this is perfect. Very affordable also, it retails at 8.90 SGD but i get mine when they have sales (buy one get one free), and each pot takes me a long time to get through anyway, about half a year.

Awesome, this is the only balm i ever use.