The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with these lip balms lately. I already have it in three flavors/scents. Raspberry and Strawberry are yummy beyond words. What I love most is the Mint flavored one. It's so intense that it always to perks me up when I'm feeling bored, sleepy or dull. I have to take away one lippie though. Their SVITH Mint Lip Care Stick did better in moisturizing my lips.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I've always found it hard to resist these Body Shop lip balms, I find the smell intensely mouth watering. Unfortunately as a lip balm, they leave a lot to be desired. Like some of the others here, I find that once an application of this stuff wears off, my lips feel even worse. Seems to "sit" on my chapped lips rather than actually moisturise them, and I need to reapply almost constantly. I'm still searching for my HG lip balm, and this is far from it.

I like this, but generally it's an "okay" product to me. Nothing spectacular about it. I never liked the pot design, but I discovered that it's much easier (and more hygienic) if you used a lip brush. One thing is that the scent is really strong, which can be nice if you like that sorta thing :) The shimmery ones are really cool too, especially the cranberry and mandarin orange ones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the body shop lip balms, they smell divine and are really moisturising. I've been using these for years and have tried them in about every single flavour, my favourite is the passionberry. I have a fetish for passionfruit ^^ The only downside would be having to dip your finger into the tub especially since i have relatively long nails and they tend to get under them the further down you go, it would be better it they had it in the stick or something but overall, a fantastic product!

I used to like this one (have raspberry and a darker red with golden sparkles) until I realised it was the reason why my lips felt chapped the whole time. It's just not a lipgloss since it lacks in colour and not a lip balm since it dries out your lips, so, really, I wonder what the advantage is...And it's relatively pricey too and the pot design is horrible for getting the last bit out. Negative verdict.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Some really nice flavours in this range, which is the main reason I bought them! They're not too sticky and just give a nice subtle sheen to my lips, but I've since moved on to cheaper lip balms which do the same job at less than half the price! Also not really a fan of dipping my fingers into the pot, starts to feel a bit unsanitary after a while...oh well, a fairly good quality product nonetheless.

it smell fruity and sweet, but i really am too old for that. it is 8 dollars a tub, which isn't that expensive, but it doesn't heal chapped lips or moisterize very well and the color is non-existant, so it isn't worth it. the tub isn't hygenic becasue you need to use your fingers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I cannot believe how low the rating is??? this is the best tasting/smalling lip balm/gloss ever IMHO, granted if you lips are about to crack in half it is not balmy enough for you, It is more like a lg in a pot. Buy this if you love fruity tastes/scents

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i looove these
i go through one strawberry one in one school year
i remeber having a lime one way back when
i loved the flavour of it, and the texture was different too
when they discontinoued it,
it broke my heart.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have the Born Lippy in Raspberry and although it feels good when first applied and smells yummy, I do feel like this is causing my lips to dry out more. I haven't tried the lip butters from TBS yet, but I"m guessing these may be more moisturizing.

Popular Lip Treatments