April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by 3lueMuffin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a set for $50 that included a sample of the primer, full size of the HD powder, eyeliner and this mascara. I really liked this mascara, it lengthened and volumized my lashes beautifully :) I already have really long lashes but it just made them really stand out. Only bad thing i noticed was it clumped sometimes and was a bit flakey.. also not waterproof at all it will give u racoon eyes if u get your face wet. Other than that, will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is pretty good. It makes my eyelashes very long and voluminous. However, it flakes and dries up quickly. I may buy it again sometime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Always hoping to find my HG in a mascara I read the reveiws on this product so I rushed out to buy one - forking out too much money for a product that for me just clumped my lashes badly and dried up quickly. I have not been that impressed with MUFE products anyway and this product was no exception. It is usable but has such a short life span and is so thick and clumpy I cannot recommend it. Trying the new Cover Girl Fusion mascara next....wish me luck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

This should be renamed 'Drama eyes' it looks amazing for night outs. I have medium lashes that are neither spars, not short. However, my lashes have a way of looking almost invisible without mascara. Pretty much any mascara made for definition (offers length) or volume (short but fat) will bring them to life, however this mascara does everything all in one. It makes my lashes appear very thick and long. I like that this mascara is thick at the base of my lashes, but tapers and lengthens towards the top appearing 'smoky' as the name suggests.

I wish this was more readily avaible where I live so I don't have to pay shipping charges, and I wish it was not as expensive. However it is worth it to give my eyes that wonderful 'pop' they need.
Happy Shopping!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MissAWWS

I got this from a value set at Sephora. This mascara doesn't allow you to use just one coat because it gets way too clumpy. I like it for my evening look better. It does give you the full, thick, smoky eye look after around 3 coats. I would not repurchase this (and the reason i bought the kit wasn't for this anyway). It's a nice one to try, but really, there are too many better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG for my night time dramatic eye look. I have long lashes and this makes them even longer with extra volume. I am not sure if it smudges with rubbing, I don't touch my face when wearing MU.I am learning to keep a clean brush so mascara doesn't clump. This is my fave mascara right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by hlespier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG Mascara! I don't need to curl my lashes to get the length, thickness and dramatic black I look for. I do like the Cover Girl Lash Blast, but unfortunately, it does take a lot of time to get the same results as I do with the MUF Smokey Lash. At the end of the day, my lashes look like spiders (with Lash Blast, I mean), which makes all the effort worthless. I know the Smokey Lash is more expensive but it is worth every penny invested. I just apply one coat of it and hit the road. Yes, you might find it a little clumpy, but that doesn't bother me. I just clean the wand as I do with all the mascaras I have used over the years to get rid of the excess. I must admit, I LOVE THE DRAMA this mascara brings to my eyes!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by hannaxbear

I got this in Sephora's MUFE value kit. I liked how black and thick the mascara was, but I thought it was too clumpy to get a good look out of. I also think it doesn't do a very good job of either keeping a curl or curling my lashes at all--it seems to weigh them down. Consequently, my Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof at less than half the price delivers a MUCH better result. I notice a big difference in the curl of my lashes when I compared the two. Also, this mascara flakes a little during the day since it's so heavy and runs really badly if you cry or get your lashes wet somehow. Of course, I can't expect much since it doesn't claim to be waterproof, but it's like REALLY bad--you are left with super black raccoon eyes. All in all, I will not be repurchasing this. However, it isn't a bad mascara, but it's just okay--definitely not worth the price and there are other mascaras that deliver better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Nessachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clumpy in the best way. I love the volume and darkness this added to my lashed. This is great to beef up my thin, wimpy lashes. It adds nice length and curl too :]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by glamgal33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh how I love this Mascara. I bought this at Sephora when a Make Up Forever makeup artist was visiting from NYC and she convinced me to buy this. I am so glad I did. I love dramatic smokey eyes. Long sexy over the top lashes. This is great, adds tons of volume and length. I don't even need to curl my lashes when I use this. Has dramatic staying power but it isn't waterproof in the least, FYI. I was so dissapointed when I went to Sephora during Christmas and it was sold out. This is wonderful I have bought about 4 or 5 tubes of this. A bit procey but so worth it!!!!!