August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by crescentrolls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara thus far in my life (isn't it a lifelong quest?). Bonus points for not rubbing off under my eyes. It can get a little clumpy if I'm overzealous in applying, but patience usually solves that problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the value set, which came with a 25 mL bottle of MUFE's Sens'eyes remover for HK$210 (around US$25) so it was pretty expensive in terms of price. However, I really like this mascara!

First off, the packaging is simple and classy. Just a long black tube with the mascara's name on it. Typical MUFE style I'd say - they don't really do fancy packaging. Now for the wand - admittedly, it looked kind of clumpy at first but it's actually really good. I think you can make the most out of this mascara if you have a lash comb. I usually do one coat, comb out the clumps (when it's wet!!) and then apply a second coat.

I think this mascara definitely volumises and lengthens my lashes, while holding a curl. Sounds too good to be true? I guess it is in a way because it flakes :( Not EXTREME flake but after a day out in summer's humid climate it DOES flake. (One lippie off for that) So far though I'm really happy with my purchase. Usually with mascaras I get tired of them after a few weeks but this I'm hoping to use up. (A first!) If you have a mascara base then definitely try it because I think your lashes will look AMAZING if this is paired with a base.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by cheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! This is hands down the BEST mascara I've ever used! Gives me crazy length, and volume. When you initially buy it the product is slightly clumpy, was for me at least. I tried it when I first got it then set it aside and forgot about it for a month or so. Went to use it again after it sit for a bit and it worked so well! Doesn't clump(after letting it sit though...not sure why this makes a difference but it does) at all on me now. It is quite expensive though, which is quite a downer, but personally I think it's worth every penny, and then some! I'll definitely purchase this again, and again, and again. And again. That is, unless I go into debt from this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

Passable mascara for most people I would suspect, but fails for me because it doesn't do what I need it to...

My lashes are stick straight and short.

The main thing I was looking and hoping for when purchasing this mascara was the 'curl' as claimed in their packaging and marketing materials. This mascara does not hold curls whatsoever. Just like all the other 'curling' mascaras I've tried. I felt cheated. Its not a bad mascara per se but it falls short of my expectations. Flakes and smudges slightly as well. The wand is big and bulky so I found it hard to apply without messing up my lids and under eye since my lashes are short.

If you are looking for a curling mascara, the best one in the market has to be max factor's masterpiece waterproof. That and one by the brand 'majorlica majorca' you can only get in Asia. Smokey lash by MUFE is not it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Somewhat lengthening and very thickening. I would say this is for someone like me with tiny, thin lashes. Very long wearing without much smudging/flakes compared to other volumizing types I've tried. Held my curl pretty well.

CONS: Not super long wearing like a tube mascara would be, but tubes won't give you this volume! There were very few and very tiny smudges/flakes after many hours, but not bad AT ALL compared to most mascaras that give any volume. Time-consuming to apply. May actually be too much volume for some.

APPLICATION TIPS: The artist did recommend that you could use a comb to separate lashes after applying (and I would roll this along a paper towel or something first) because this can be clumpy. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Jordana's Volumizing Mascara OR Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof, The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by 3lueMuffin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a set for $50 that included a sample of the primer, full size of the HD powder, eyeliner and this mascara. I really liked this mascara, it lengthened and volumized my lashes beautifully :) I already have really long lashes but it just made them really stand out. Only bad thing i noticed was it clumped sometimes and was a bit flakey.. also not waterproof at all it will give u racoon eyes if u get your face wet. Other than that, will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is pretty good. It makes my eyelashes very long and voluminous. However, it flakes and dries up quickly. I may buy it again sometime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Always hoping to find my HG in a mascara I read the reveiws on this product so I rushed out to buy one - forking out too much money for a product that for me just clumped my lashes badly and dried up quickly. I have not been that impressed with MUFE products anyway and this product was no exception. It is usable but has such a short life span and is so thick and clumpy I cannot recommend it. Trying the new Cover Girl Fusion mascara next....wish me luck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

This should be renamed 'Drama eyes' it looks amazing for night outs. I have medium lashes that are neither spars, not short. However, my lashes have a way of looking almost invisible without mascara. Pretty much any mascara made for definition (offers length) or volume (short but fat) will bring them to life, however this mascara does everything all in one. It makes my lashes appear very thick and long. I like that this mascara is thick at the base of my lashes, but tapers and lengthens towards the top appearing 'smoky' as the name suggests.

I wish this was more readily avaible where I live so I don't have to pay shipping charges, and I wish it was not as expensive. However it is worth it to give my eyes that wonderful 'pop' they need.
Happy Shopping!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MissAWWS

I got this from a value set at Sephora. This mascara doesn't allow you to use just one coat because it gets way too clumpy. I like it for my evening look better. It does give you the full, thick, smoky eye look after around 3 coats. I would not repurchase this (and the reason i bought the kit wasn't for this anyway). It's a nice one to try, but really, there are too many better products out there.