December 19, 2014 | 1474 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this while looking for something for my pimples ( due to heat and sweat) . I have to say I am amazed ! Who would have thought that something so easily available would solve most of my problem.
I have oily skin and living in a tropical region it doesn't get better in the summer as i start to get heat pimple and open pores.
I was reading reviews from MUA on Friday and thought i'd give it a try when i got home. First application dried me out a bit , thats maybe because i left it on too long but when i washed my face my fingers were just kinda slipping on my face. Day 2 used less BS and mixed it with my face wash, was much better and my face didn't shine so much throughout the day. Am amazed !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using baking soda as a facial exfoliant for about a month now, and it's working great. I use it every Sat and mix it in with my favourite cleanser to form a sort of paste - not too thick, not too runny, then I apply it to my face as if I was applying a face mask. I don't scrub, I just make sure all my face is covered (excluding the delicate eye area, of course). I rinse with warm water and that's when I scrub in small circles. Be careful not too scrub too hard as it is rather abrasive. Being gentle really does give the best results. Afterwards to help soothe my face I apply a generous blob of moisturizer, and that's it! Done.

It's dirt cheap and gets the job done. I started using it after I found that many scrubs would leave my face itchy and blotchy. So I really like it now that I can use a cleanser that I know doesn't cause me trouble, and the particles are very fine so feel like they really do help remove the dead skin. It's been awesome not having to worry about makeup catching in all the flakey areas around my nose and mouth.

As for storage, I poured my tub of baking soda into a decorative glass bottle with an air tight stopper. Makes it look a lot prettier! I'd definitely recommend this 'product' and I'll be buying it again once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by chloeandsue

Mixed with a cleanser this is the best exfoliator ever. Using it with just water is a bit too harsh though. I also add one or two drops of tea tree oil to the mix which makes it great for acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by virgomoon964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just recently tried this as an exfoliator for my face, and I have to say I LOVE it. I was looking for something with the same consistency as Proactiv. (the granules). This nailed it!!!! Add a little baking soda to your face cleanser (I use CeraVe hydrating cleanser) It is absolutely perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. And the best part is it is so inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE BAKING SODA! I use it in so much. I make almost everything myself, and baking soda is in almost all of it. My face wash, deodorant, toothpaste, and almost every single one of my homemade cleaning recipes. I also found that it makes a really great "personal" scrub. I wax, and I wax EVERYTHING. Therefore, I'm really nervous about ingrowns and am also a bit nervous about using chemical exfoliators since it's such a sensitive and thin area. So I mix 2:1 ratio of baking soda to apple cider vinegar, and it keeps my ingrowns at bay and leaves me feeling as fresh and clean as a daisy. I haven't tried it on my face, but I use a very gentle exfoliating scub with oatmeal, cornmeal, chamomile flowers, and powdered milk. I may substitute this for the powdered milk next time and see what happens. I have to get the 5 lbs bag from Amazon just to keep up with how much I use it. So cheap, so versitile, and so effective. GREAT!
EDIT: I had heard that people who use the ACV rinse, also use a diluted baking soda and water mix as a shampoo or pre shampoo. I've started doing this and it's great! I mix 2 tbs baking soda with 1 cup of water and store in an old squeeze bottle. I apply it to my hair prior to getting in the shower, rinse, then spray my AVC rinse on. My hair smells and looks so good!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just love baking soda as an exfoliator for my face.
I mix it with Cetaphil cleanser (usually 1 teaspoon of soda with 2 pumps of Cetaphil, but the consistency is a matter of personal choice) and lightly scrub my face and neck once a week. It beats expensive exfoliators into oblivion (Sisley, I am looking at you...). And you know what? My aesthetician did not believe that my soft and smooth face was all due to this! People will not believe you when you tell them this dirt-cheap product does such great job!
You will never ever have to dish out your hard-earned money to other stuff as long as you can use that beauty trick.
I also use it to exfoliate my body (same technique-larger quantities) but I am usually too bored to do this more than every 2-3 months. - - - - - EDIT 21/01/2012: For body I have switched to a Salux towel. Sooooooooo easy and effective! - - - - -
I have not yet tried this for my teeth, too scared of abrasion.
Another use is to add a tablespoon in the detergent compartment of my washing machine. It is supposed to prevent deposits from the water building on the inside of the machine. I do not know how well it works, though. I always do a cycle with Viacal 2 times a year, just to play safe!
I gave packaging quality a 5 because you can put it in any container you like :) Quick, easy and clean.
The price is (of course) unbeatable and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

I love this.I use it for 2 things
1.)as a teeth whitener i been brushing my teeth on/off in baking soda every since i had teeth.Its great at whitening but tastes horrible!
2.)as a face mask(queen latifah uses this also) this clear up my acne completly.I mix it with water until i get this liquidy paste and leave it on there 10-15 minutes.When i took it off my pimple were dramatically smaller and less red but i would only recommend using this once a week because it'll dry out your skin if you use it every night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too use and LOVE baking side. I use it for a few things:

1 - Teeth Whitener.

I dip my toothbrush in the baking soda bowl I keep in my bathroom drawer. Then brush. Its a great deodorizer too.

2 - Facial Exfoliant
Just mix a bit in with any face wash, or facial soap. Then wash. Or, you can use it plain on your face. Helps to lighten dark spots, and the little tiny granules scrub away dead skin cells. Wonderful!!

3 - Scalp Cleanser
You can mix it into your shampoo, or apply to the scalp directly to make it a clarifying shampoo. Will strip your hair of all buildup, without over drying.

4 - Deodorizer
I put some in my ballet flats when I wear without socks - or my tennis shoes when the weather is warm.

5 - Chemical Peel Neutralizing Spritz
I use the MUAC chemical peels from time to time. Baking soda is my secret to stopping the chemical action immediately. I used to use water, but now, I take a clean spritzer bottle and add baking soda. Shake it up. Then after I apply my peel, I spritz as the timing comes up. Great because I can neutralize parts of my face that are more sensitive, without washing everything off. Over time, I began to add other things to the neutralizing mix - aloe vera juice is really good to mix in with it too.

6. Zit Paste
This will help to dry out your zits and prevent scarring.

7. Laundry
I leave a box on top of the washing machine. When I wash my whites, towels, etc, I sprinkle this in there (and sometimes borax too) and it gets EVERYTHING brighter! Its great. Never used it with color though. But the whites DO get whiter, never have dingy looking clothes.

There are so many other uses.... too many to name!

Bottom Line: This is a household staple. No reason we shouldn't keep this, Lemon Juice, ACV, Coconut Oil, and Olive Oil ALWAYS on hand for out secret remedies! :O)

Happy beautifying girlllsss

35 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've started using this stuff as a teeth whitener cos even though i have very healthy teeth they always looks very yellowish next to my pale skin. I even avoided smiling in photos because i'm paranoid my yellow teeth will ruin the picture! This stuff has started to turn my life around, even though its a slow and subtle remedy-at lightening and brightening my teeth-the effects have given me so much confidence and I'm no longer afraid to smile infront of the camera. I mix this powder form into my tooth paste (WARNING: this stuff tasted horrific if you don't put enough tooth paste with it) and brush my teeth with it once or twice a week. This stuff is so incredibly cheap too-only 87pence for a large pot. I'm looking forward to finding other uses for this product cos its a great everyday non-allergenic tool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Baking Soda is great for a number of uses...i.e., bee stings--along with other bug bites; keeping your fridge from getting foul-smelling; in recipes as a leavener; exfoliation, brushing teeth...and.....
drum roll please.....as a preventative in gum health.

A recent trip to the dentist had me in the chair of the hygenist getting a lesson in gum care. To prevent against gingivitis, she suggested that I make a "paste" of a couple of teaspoons of baking soda and a few drops of hydrogen peroxide. Place the paste on the gums and with one of those rubber-tippy metal sticks, massage the baking soda into the gums and in between your teeth. Twice a day. It'll help make your gums strong and healthy. By golly this works. My gums were swollen and bled easily. No more! Swelling down. No more bleeding and they are healthy. Who knew? Thank goodness Baking Soda is dirt cheap because in the past month I've gone through quite a bit!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No