October 1, 2014 | 1174 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by blondex199667

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a pretty terrible face scrub, but I love it as a body scrub!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by fragrence22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am telling the truth. Never ever by this product. I have used a lot of products but this one is so far the worst. And also I don't have a sensitive skin and I never had any problems on my skin and this scrub created problems. Today with one wash I got pink rashes all over my face it looks ugly and now I am angry and sad and if any one know how to get rid of this rashes that will be great.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After the first use i though this product was fantastic, but after 2 weeks of use i started to notice my skin became very dry and itchy after each use. also the first time i used this product the smelt seemed alright, but a couple of weeks after it started to smell like someone threw up. Overall i would not buy this product again, not worth $15.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was reading reviews on this product and then I realized the bumps I have on my forehead are probably from using this product. I'm usually a Neutrogena fan, but after using this cleanser for several weeks, I have small bumps on my forehead and inbetween my eyes. No breakouts. I stopped and went back to my more expensive cleanser and they went away.... sorry Neutrogena. Won't repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Sarah9536

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it would help with a random breakout that i have had. I have never had sensitive skin and have used many other sailylic acid products with no issues. I used this product wednesday evening, and my face is still puffy, itchy, bumpy- its created tiny tiny barely visible but touchable bumps ALL OVER my face. My face burns if I sweat or when i put moisturizer on STILL. This is so uncomfortable and I will never reccommend this product to anyone!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by cutie19999

This product dried out my skin very quickly. My face looked horrible and flaky. Because my skin was dried out my acne actually got worse. When I was younger my skin was able to handle more but now that I am in my twenties I feel that my skin's composition has completely changed. I am going to stick to only gently cleansers and scrubs from now on. Grapefruit is one of my favorite smells, and the smell of the face scrub was nice at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never re-purchased a face scrub because I always seem to want to try something new but after finishing this product, I may re-consider that.

I think this a great product. I love that the scent is very gentle, and so are the exfoliating beads. I suppose for those looking for something more dramatic this may not be so great. I love that it also gently foams so it doesn't feel harsh on your skin.

It leaves my skin feeling super clean and smooth. Love using this once a week!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this for almost a week and love it. I have oily skin and get white bumps alot on my forehead and break out on my chin. If I don't wash my face everynight I will break out on my cheeks and nose. I was staying with my dad in the hospital for a week and couldn't wash my face every night (but did use Neutrogena wipes to get the make up off) and my skin did not break out which is amazing!! I used this in the morning and sometimes with my Olay spin brush. My skin is slightly sensative so it did itch alittle but most Neutrogena products do that to me except for the clear bar soap. The Rain Bath especially does that! So it gets 5 lippies for not making me red or itch much. I do love the smell and it is definitely refreshing in the morning!!
UPDATE: The sensitivity has gone away and my skin isn't red or itch at all. Still love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, let me say this is the exact same thing as the Grapefruit Body Wash. Do not be fooled. I've compared the ingredients as well as the texture. So if you're looking for more bang for your buck, go ahead and purchase the body wash because it contains more. I use this on my face as well as my chest and back. Very multi purpose product.
Now, onto the review. The scent is grapefruit, all right. At times when I use this, I smell that "B.O." smell. But I've gotten used to it now so it hardly bothers me.
I'm not really a fan of the squeeze tube because if you store this in your shower, the cap will collect water in it. But, because it is stored upside down it makes it a lot easier to get that last bit of product out (as opposed to the body wash which is stored upright and leaks product if stored upside down).
This has "exfoliating" beads in it which do absolutely nothing so do not expect to have an exfoliated face from this "scrub". This is more of a gel cleanser with some beads in it to boost sales and mislead consumers.
This does contain 2% Salicyc Acid and it will make your skin more dry, like most acne care products (this is how they work, people, so stop your whining & complaining!). If you moisturize your skin, it will become used to this product and adjust to it in two or so weeks.
I've found this helps to keep my skin clear along with using benzoyl peroxide, baking soda and birth control. Everyone is different and so what works for me might not work for you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by hairmakeupbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for a couple of weeks, it really dry's my skin out. After I use it my skin feel elastic it's actually so dry to the point were its difficult to move my eye brows. It defiantly over dries and I think it has been causing me to break out more because I didn't hardly have any acne but now I am breaking out on my chin and fore head. Defiantly do not recommend this.