Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a new scrub, which is hard for me because my skin is sensitive. Clean and Clear was a bit too harsh, so immediately after that I decided to buy the Oil Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit collection on a whim. The scrub works amazingly! It doesn't irritate my face but it cleans and leaved my skin clean and tingly. In all honesty, I usually don't like the scent of grapefruit, but I love this scent for some reason. This product kept my skin clear and healthy for the whole time I used it. I will definitely buy this again!

on 2/16/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE THIS!!!! Oh my gosh, to start, I have oily, acne-prone skin. I have some minor scarring, and this face wash has been an absolute miracle. I've been using it for about a month, and my skin has never looked better. I've gone two weeks without a single breakout, even last week when my monthly bff came to visit. This is absolutely insane, because, I usually have at least one pimple on my face. My face feels soft, refreshed, and my pores look unclogged. I've not experienced overdrying, even though we've had some cold spurts. I live in Florida, so usually my face is super oily, but the oil control with this is phenomenal!!!! I've also noticed my skin tone to be more even in general, and I have this nice sort of glow. I hope this rant helps the rest of you, because I'm absolutely in LOVE with this cleanser. =]

Update: Only works for about a month, and doesn't help with stress breakouts whatsoever for me. Bummer!

on 2/16/2012 10:08:00 AM

I wish I read the reviews on this before buying. I got the cleanser, not the scrub. IT KILLED MY FACE. I got hives, dry patches, flakey skin, and redness ALL over. It felt like I had a sun burn, and anything I put on my face, made it worse! It stinged, burned, and looked awful for a week.
YUCK!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Best facewash ever!!!!!!! I use this is conjunction with my Retin-A and my skin looks the best it has in years! I love the smell, the slight scrubbiness, and the fact that my face never feels tight afterwards. This is THE facewash for me. I buy the large size, two at a time. One for the shower and one for the sink!

I don't get the bad reviews. I have super sensitive skin AND I use Retin-A and I have never had an issue with this. I use this EVERY DAY and have had no peeling, no hives, no redness, no anything! I'm sorry to those that don't like it. I will say though that I have used the cream cleanser from this grapefruit line and it makes my face burn like crazy!

on 1/13/2012 8:43:00 PM

what the hell??? idk whats with this little foaming scrub, when i first used it my face felt fresh and clean and so so smooth then i used it this morning after my shower and bang! i take one look in the mirror and my face is covered in awful little bumps and hives eww what the hell? i don't get it. i Love neutrogena but this scrub is Bipolar or it just is not good at all! i don't want to give up yet I'll give it a week and use it 2 times a week but if i brake out like this again i am going to throw it out the window. Now i have to go back to my cetaphill cleanser till I'm heeled so not happy -.-

How has Neutrogena not been sued over this yet?

I have used a few other Neutrogena products with no problems but this turned into my worst nightmare.....

This "acne wash" is the WORST scrub I have ever used. It dried out my face SOOO bad and it gave my face a horrible rash and bumps all over and all the bumps broke out into acne. It was sooo embarrassing and it lasted for a week or longer. I couldn't even smile. I couldn't put anything on my face without it burning. And BTW, I don't even really have sensitive skin. Never in my life has a acne wash done this to my face as bad as Neutrogena. Will never buy again and wouldn't recommened this to my worst enemy.

Please do not buy! You will regret it!!

on 12/16/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

For the people that had the dry skin and rashes what did you do to heal your face and how long did it take? It's been 5 days and my face is still dry and still have redness and it hurts when i put lotion on. I tried four different lotions, aloe vera, and vitamin e.

on 12/16/2011 12:21:00 AM

wish i could love this product. i tried this and the cream cleanser in the acne grapefruit line. left me out in hives and rashes all over my face. i think it did reduce my acne though...too bad. it smells amazing and makes your skin feel nice and clean. but it made me break out in hives so i will not be repurchasing or recommending this product to anyone.

on 12/14/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this face wash! It has a great smell and it's not too rough like most scrubs. Though it did try out the area around my nose and mouth a little bit at first, after a week and a half of use it cleared up my skin almost completely. I didn't use a moisturizer but if the initial drying really bothers you I'm sure that would help to put on afterwards. Also, I only used the scrub at night. You have to be patient, don't give up on it if it is a little drying at first because it takes a few days for your skin to get used to any new face product.

on 12/10/2011 1:21:00 PM

I've never suffered from sensitive skin, never had bad reactions to acne products before until I used this. After washing my face once I could feel my skin still tingling afterwards and then starting to itch. After using it one more time, just to be sure, my skin became dry, itchy, red, swollen, sensitive and scaly.

It has taken over a week to reverse the damage this product did to my face, it was almost like chemical burn. I've used numerous other products with similar ingredients (Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Alcohol) and NEVER had any reaction.

After using this I couldn't even use my normal products again, had to use all natural and organic cleansers and toners to reverse the damage and help my skin heal again.

The worst part is, after all that damage and wasted time, it did absolutely nothing for my acne, it made me breakout worse.

I'll never buy Neutrogena again after this.