October 24, 2014 | 1602 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

Exceptionally LAME. Yes, it curls, and lengthens. But it also clumps and flakes. Raccoon eyes at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cixi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of in love with this mascara. I've experienced no flakiness and it wears all day for me, easy to take off at the end of the day. It's given me very good volume on my think, skimpy, straight lashes, more so than my previous HG mascara (Clinique Lash Power). Nothing really curls my lashes, so I can't comment on that. The brush is...not great. I would probably prefer to have either all combs or all bristles. It's a little tricky, but workable. I get the look I want, which is defined eyes (volume) with no smudginess, and it's not a bear to take off at night.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

What in the bloody hell is this product all about? Let me begin first by letting you know i am a big fan of Chanel's Inimitable Mascara. Thus when Chanel came out with this new mascara, i knew i had to try it. And thereafter my money went down the drain after two uses.

Firstly, the 360degrees brush is nothing but a stupid gimmick that does not work as per advertised. Yes, it pokes your eye, this i can confirm with the other reviewers here. It simply does not make sense. Because they put a brush or comb on all four sides of the wand, the wand is such a huge stumbling block to the extent that you can't even see your lashes when applying. And what about the formula? It clumps and smudges.

This is my 90th review on MUA, and i just wanted to warn all of you out there who are near falling into this awful product. This is the ONLY mascara that i gave up on, after two uses. Byebye, $45.

The ONE lippy is for the very nice smoky brown shade. Other than that, a complete flop. If i were a schoolteacher i'll be marking a very big red "F" on it. Ladies don't waste your moolah. Go for the classic Chanel Inimitable Waterproof.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very disappointed. I usually like Chanel mascaras and was excited to try the new one but...

Nothing exceptional about this mascara. Period. It doesn't give me anything worth the price. I am better off with a drugstore / cheap mascara because this does nothing. And it flakes...so end of the day i look like a racoon. Don't bother.

Inimitable is far superior. YSL Everlong as well. Even oscillation from Lancome is better (and it's only ok)...as well as Maybelline's classic pink & green great lash...save your money for something else

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got a sample of this mascara as part of a gift with purchace at the chanel counter. It does a good job of lenthening my lashes and making them look good. i don't think it's as good as to justify the high price but the smoky noir color makes my eyes sparkle. i'm not sure if i'll actually buy a full size of this yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

I did like the volume and length you get from this mascara but couldn't stand the flakes. In the middle of the day when I checked my makeup couldn't help but noticed all the flakes on my cheeks and under eye area which made me feel self conscious all day long. I had to continuously keep cleaning them. So if you don't mind spending most of the day cleaning the flakes then go for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this almost as much as Inimitable, which gives me definition without too much length or volume. I don't like looking like I have mascara on, because I have decently long and thick lashes to begin with and, as a blonde with blonde lashes, all I really need is color and a bit of curl. So even though I was happy with my Inimitable and Define a lash rotation thing going, I cheated and went to Exceptionnel for a couple of months because I had a 20 CHF coupon at my store which brought the price down to drugstore.

Exceptionnel gives me incredible volume and a fair bit of length. Exceptionnel is not in ZOMG Are You Wearing False Lashes territory like Dior Show on me, but close. I have this in the plum-prune whatever it is called purple-y color, which shows up a muted brownish greyish color on my lashes and oddly looks quite natural. The brush is nice, it has this odd short and long brush rows thing, which I think helps with the big volume.

I will rebuy this eventually, especially for a special occasion where I am more made up and need more oomph to my lashes. But for everyday wear (my EOTD is usually Painterly paint pot with some powder on top, or a taupe wash, so super basic), I will stick to Inimitable, which gives me the My Lashes But Better look I crave. If you like lush lashes or if you do a complicated eye every day, Exceptionnel is a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsaddict

I really like the way my lashes look with this mascara. At first it took getting used to with the different wand and I can see how it might be a little flaky (though I haven't really had that problem). I previously loved the Diorshow line of mascaras and went back to those after a week of Exceptionnel. Then when I tried Exceptionnel again, I realized that it really does give dramatic, well defined lashes that make my eyes look more awake. Now I'm hooked.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm an Allure Beauty Insider so I got a sample of this in the mail to try out.

Pros:
*Gives good volume.
*The brush effectively combs out your lashes to eliminate clumps.

Cons:
*REALLY flaky. I was embarrassed by how much of the product ended up on my cheeks and in the corner of my eyes.
*Not so great on the lenghthening.

Bottom line:
Not worth USD$28. I've been using Cover Girl Lash Blast with similar results and no flaking.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2008 7:49:00 AM More reviews by 0oHannaho0

I do like this one, but I don't think that it is worth the price. It has a very special brush, you have to use it a different way than a normal mascara. It's very black, and you get long lashes. I like the result, but I think that it is to expensive for what you get.