Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

How many tubes of this mascara have I bought? I don't know, because I've lost track!! I've been using this for years and always regret when I stray

I use the 'carbon black' version of this which comes in a yellow and black tube. IMO it's the best of this range

Pros: very very volumising, easily buildable, no clumps, great price
Cons: none really. Don't get such a good result on the corner lashes as I do with my lancome mascara that has a conical brush - however this product is half the price and I don't have to wait a month for it to dry out and become usable!

on 1/21/2014 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have really short eyelashes so this deft does wonders for me at least. I previously tried the mega plush, only I noticed the difference. It does clump after one coat which is unfortunate but I'm still using it !

on 1/15/2014 11:18:00 PM

I've repurchased this several times because I like it so much. Not crazy about the yellow tube but I overlook that and the faint scent of this formula because my lashes look so great, my eyes never get irritated by the end of the day, and it washes off easily.

on 1/10/2014 1:03:00 AM

This mascara was ok. I hated it at first because it made my lashes clump into three awkward spires. This got better with time but I still prefer my Revlon charlie megawink, even though its smugding is pretty horrific- at least it separates ans volumises and somehow doesnt give you spider lashes even though mine almost look that way naturally! The maybelline was ok at staying on long with a tiny bit of flaking. Don't get the hype with maybelline mascaras since this is the only one I've found that's bearable. That said I haven't tried full and soft yet.Oh and it made my eyes burn a bit :O. I said I would buy it again because it has been the best so far at not smudging. But I have a new photoready 3D volume that might replace it!

on 1/8/2014 10:29:00 AM

Love it only negative thing about it is that it flakes , all In all though a great mascara for the price!

on 1/8/2014 1:25:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. For me I find sometimes it can do wonders and make my lashes look amazing, but other times, it becomes clunky and horrible. I find I have to sit there for a while to make it work. But in saying that, if you get it right, it can look really good.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this mascara. I bought it for the first time maybe 4 months ago and have bought it a second time since. I find that though it does flake a little bit, its not nearly as bad or noticeable as some of the other mascaras that I have tried and all you have to do to control this is wipe under your eye every 2/3 hours. Unfortunately it doesn't hold a curl but I think my eyelashes just suck because they barely hold a curl when they are bare. The way that i use this is I take the brush out and squish it with tissue, getting rid of basically all excess formula and then let it dry up for about 5-8 seconds. I then apply it with wiggly strokes to help separate. I usually only need 1-2 coats when doing this and it keeps my lashes from clumping and looks quite nice and feathery. The brush is pretty good, just a little large to really get into the roots of the lashes. I notice that it picks up that annoying 'dollop' of extra mascara on the end that you should wipe off if you don't want your inner lashed to get too much product and look really weird.
It comes off relatively easily but it still kind off makes the skin around my eyes darken.
A very good mascara from Maybelline and I would definitely recommend this to my friends and anyone who can't afford expensive stuff but still wants good results.

on 1/6/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look really long and I also love how it doesn't clump a lot , people thought I had false lashes on because of the length, I just really love it!

on 1/6/2014 11:13:00 PM

I usually don't use Maybelline's mascara I usually go for loreal but, for some reason I have not been very happy with loreal's mascara's lately, So I went and tried this over my lancome primer wow what a difference I usually also buy the high end mascara's that do ok, but they are overly priced and do the same as drug store mascara's as I am in love with this one try it over a primer and you have false lashes for sure. and it really will lengthen them and give great volume. I swore by the high end mascara's but to pay so much money and come disappointed not worth it. so I am in love w/this mascara my thing is they always say high end mascara's are suppose to be good for you but, I believe there is nothing wrong with the Maybelline's mascara as I have been told they are the better one's of the drugstore brands I will repurchase this once this is used up I also have tried the one by one mascara liked it but, thought I rather have high end mascaras but, why Maybelline works better I think

on 1/5/2014 7:47:00 PM

I love this mascara. This is my second tube of it and I really like it. I've used a lot of mascara over the years, and this one is really good. I've used more expensive mascaras, but this one is hard to beat. It's an intense black, for those like me, who use black. It goes on nice without lots of clumping, and I can usually just do one coat. I hope they never stop making this.