April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don`t like this powder at all, its too fine and gets all over the place and I don`t think it does much of anything at all, I get much better results with drug store powders that are a quarter of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is great for people such as myself who have very oily skin. It leaves my skin smooth and matte for hours. My skin doesn't start to become oily for many, many hours and even then it's 75% less than what I'd normally have. I bought the travel size and it will last a very long time. I've read comments on some people having a white face. I just think they are using too much. You really don't need much. A good way to look at it is that you barely want to see any powder on your brush. The saying... "a little goes a long way" is very true with this powder.

I'd definitely repurchase and am very happy with the results.

FYI: I'm also using milk of magnesia (swipe on face after washing), primer (just a cheap one from Sally), BB Cream (Marcelle's) and then lastly the HD High Def Loose Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by DulceCandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is horrible! Oh my gosh! It may be okay if you will be outdoors and not taking any pictures because the white cast you get around your face with the flash is horrendous!!! I am not over exaggerating!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard great things about this product so when I saw a travel size, I picked it up from sephora. Overall, it's alright. Its a finely milled, transparent powder. I use this to set my under eye concealers with a Mac 224 brush. It does a good job with helping my concealer stay put without look too cakey or making it crease. This product will def last me awhile. I would purchase this if I do run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This is just okay, really nothing special. My skin isn't oily to begin with, so maybe this would work better for people with oily skin. I put a tiny amount of this over my liquid foundation & it did mattify my face. This was also very light weight & made my face feel smooth. This didn't settle into lines or pores, didn't really change the color of my foundation (but this will leave a white cast if you use too much), didn't cause any breakouts (best part of this), & this lasted all day for me. I did feel that this did make my foundation look a little cakey at one point. I also felt that it made my makeup look kind of dull, I kind of like a little dewyness because it looks more natural & gives a nice glow (which this product did not). This made my foundation look like it was heavy, without it really being heavy (if that makes sense). This does accentuate on dry spots on your face, so I do not reccommend this for winter. This may work well in the summer though, so I'm going to try using this again in the summer when it gets really hot. As another reviewer mentioned, I also tried using this as a primer before putting on my foundation. I actually think it worked better as a primer rather than applying this directly on top of your foundation. It still controlled oil, made my face smooth, didn't leave a white cast, & didn't look cakey. The original way of applying this, made my makeup look cakey. So, if you tried this & didn't like it over your foundation, I would highly suggest trying it as a primer before you put on your foundation. The packaging is the worst part about this product. It's terrible. For how expensive this stuff is, I would expect the packaging to be not as cheapily made as this is. This is the messiest makeup product I've ever encountered. You definitely can't use this if you're in a rush. As soon as you twist the lid on the jar, this stuff gets EVERYWHERE. It took me longer to clean this up than to do my makeup, & that's ridiculous. Overall, To me this is overpriced for what it is. I will not buy this again, there are better & cheaper options out there. This also did not give me that "WOW" factor. I'm so happy I got the smaller size of this for $10, since I get a discount at Sephora. I would never pay $30 for this. I'll stick with my Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer. For the record, this DOES control oil, but it leaves your face looking dull.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ctat07

gives me a flawless finish :) not enough oil control , my nose is an oil slick after a couple hours but before trying a new setting powder i will try a new foundation to see if it fixes the problem. i look poreless and never over powdered when i use this, actually i cant see any powder on my face at all ! looks great, doesnt break me out, doesnt alter my foundation ccolour like most setting powders do.
update: have tried about four other foundations since this review and i still wish that this product had more oil control so i'll take away a lippie

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by lilmunmun3azn

I'm a 17 Asian girl with medium-light yellow under toned skin. My cheeks are normal, my forehead and chin are dry, and my nose tends to get oily. At first I was skeptical about buying the powder because of it's price but the ladies at Sephora recommended it so I went ahead and bought it. I got home and THEN began reading reviews on it and immediately regretted my impulse buy because half of the reviews raved about the product and the other half condemned it. I was fixing to return it the next day and try the smaller size first but something made me wear it instead. Like one reviewer suggested, I did not peel off the sticker on top of the holes in the little jar but poked a safety pin through 2 of the holes through the clear sticker. (It was a VERY GOOD idea and works well at preventing any mess or accidentally shaking too much product out.) I used one careful, light layer over my regular moisturizer, primer, concealer and foundation and like the HD name implies, it gave me a matte, pore-less finish. I took a flash picture with my camera after 10 minutes just to make sure I didn't have the infamous white cast and thankfully I didn't. Throughout the day at school, though, I did have to blot my T-zone but not as often as I used to. I saw a youtube review in which the woman used two or three thin layers of the powder to enhance wear, avoid the white cast, and eliminate oily shine. Again, skeptical, I tried that method the next day and was SO HAPPY with the results at the end of the day. I put on my moisturizer then put the first THIN (keyword-thin!!) layer of powder over that, almost like a primer. Then I waited a minute or so for that to settle (you must let it settle) and then used my primer and concealer and then put on another layer of HD powder. (I put my eye makeup on while I waited another 2-3 minutes) Lastly, the foundation and then powder. It is true that you turn out a little light but that soon fades as you wear it longer. I would not recommend getting a slightly darker foundation to try and "balance" this effect out because you will probably just turn out slightly darker. This is not an ideal process if you're on a super time crunch but it works wonderfully if you have a few extra minutes in your daily routine to spare. I make it a habit to take a quick pic of my face before I leave if I'm suspicious of white-cast but so far, I haven't had any issues. Oh, right, AND I DIDN'T LOOK SHINY AT ALL THAT DAY. It was really surprisingly amazing that the powder stayed through school, a nap, and work. A total of 14 hours at least. Seriously, that is like miracle material for me.. I have another colored powder of the same price and I am so much more impressed with this one! I WILL buy this when I run out. :) I have yet to experience how it holds up in really hot summer weather but I have high hopes for it. I believe that being careful with this product is the key to getting a successful wear out of it. Correct quantity of product applied and time are required for the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by sweeetsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I will use this for a rest of my life. I bought this along with the hd foundation and primer but too be honest, the foundation and primer arent the best. I would definitely pair with with whatever future foundation i might use foreverr!! This made my skin look flawless and the makeup stays on all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must have had this for a year or so and did not like it in the begining. I have medium and yellow based skin tone and gave a white cast to my skin (NC25).

Recently, I began using it with a BB cream. It made my skin look... I don't know how to describe it, just better. Removes any shine and my skin looks more diffused.

A little goes a long way, the full size would probably last me years.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by glamorouskatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is like magic. I'll look at my make up before putting it on and think it looks good. Then I brush this over my face, and I'm like wow, better! It's very light, but completely effective. I have oily skin, and this keeps me matte through my work day. Totally sold on it.