August 22, 2014 | 1206 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at the checkout line at Sephora one day. I'm really not sure why I bought it because I'm not a powder girl. I guess I got a Sephora rush and just forgot myself for a moment. The reason I steer clear of powders is because my skin is tends to run on the drier side in most places and loose powder just extenuates that.

After sitting in my drawer for months, I finally decide to use it. The first few days I used this, my skin actually looked pretty good. However, like every other powder on the planet, this started to make my face look very dry and chalky. Even when applied sparingly, I still get the same results. I don't think this is a fault of the powder, just my skin. I think I may get better results when the weather heats up and the humidity skyrockets.

Despite my results, I would recommend this to someone whose skin runs on the oily side and actually needs powder to set their foundation. It is finely milled and of good quality (like I said, I got good results the first few times I used it). It also leaves a nice finish but if your skin is dry, it will end up looking drier and (eek!) older. I wouldn't buy this again because it is just a useless product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this powder. I have worn it while being photographed with flash so I don't know why people are saying it gives them a horrible white cast...maybe applying too much?
This makes my face look airbrushed and pore less and makes my makeup last all day. winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by currybabe

Whenever I set my makeup with this powder, my boyfriend notices my skin looks better.. more airbrushed. It's a super lightweight translucent powder and doesn't make me feel cakey. I especially like to set my under eye concealer with this. The packaging feels a little cheap though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This is just okay, really nothing special. My skin isn't oily to begin with, so maybe this would work better for people with oily skin. I put a tiny amount of this over my liquid foundation & it did mattify my face. This was also very light weight & made my face feel smooth. This didn't settle into lines or pores, didn't really change the color of my foundation (but this will leave a white cast if you use too much), didn't cause any breakouts (best part of this), & this lasted all day for me. I did feel that this did make my foundation look a little cakey at one point. I also felt that it made my makeup look kind of dull, I kind of like a little dewyness because it looks more natural & gives a nice glow (which this product did not). This made my foundation look like it was heavy, without it really being heavy (if that makes sense). This does accentuate on dry spots on your face, so I do not reccommend this for winter. This may work well in the summer though, so I'm going to try using this again in the summer when it gets really hot. As another reviewer mentioned, I also tried using this as a primer before putting on my foundation. I actually think it worked better as a primer rather than applying this directly on top of your foundation. It still controlled oil, made my face smooth, didn't leave a white cast, & didn't look cakey. The original way of applying this, made my makeup look cakey. So, if you tried this & didn't like it over your foundation, I would highly suggest trying it as a primer before you put on your foundation. The packaging is the worst part about this product. It's terrible. For how expensive this stuff is, I would expect the packaging to be not as cheapily made as this is. This is the messiest makeup product I've ever encountered. You definitely can't use this if you're in a rush. As soon as you twist the lid on the jar, this stuff gets EVERYWHERE. It took me longer to clean this up than to do my makeup, & that's ridiculous. Overall, To me this is overpriced for what it is. I will not buy this again, there are better & cheaper options out there. This also did not give me that "WOW" factor. I'm so happy I got the smaller size of this for $10, since I get a discount at Sephora. I would never pay $30 for this. I'll stick with my Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an okay setting powder... It does not look cakey.I have a very oily t-zone and I have to admit that this only kept me matte for like about 3 hours before the oil started to shine through... That is why I took one star off and the other one is because, I don't know if I might be allergic to silicone, but every time I open it or close it and some of the powder floats in the air I start coughing so hard and my throat and nose hurt... The powder is SO EXTREMELY fine that it gets everywhere!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, so I wrote another review on this product on the other item that is this( the same thing is listed twice), but I decided to delete that one completely. When I first got it, the SA told me to use a brush and it completely displaced my makeup and made me dry, etc. It was terrible and I gave it a low rating. Two very nice people saw my review and sent me messages telling me to use a powder puff instead. I waited a couple of days before trying it out again, and I LOVE IT. I went to Sephora and literally talked to about 3 different SA's because they were all telling me to use a brush, and it just doesn't work with a brush for me, sorry. No matter whether I swirl it, tap it, stipple it, whatever. But I purchased the Laura Mercier powder puff and used it over my Bare Minerals foundation and OMG it looked great without drying or displacing my makeup! I was shocked! I voted it a 3 price wise, because I bought the travel version for like $15 (along with the puff for $12) and I honestly don't think that's bad. That's how much a lot of drugstore brand stuff costs, so I really don't think it's a big deal. For everyone who tried it and find it drying or that is doesn't do much, try using a powder puff.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by beachbabealways

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the kit (makeup primer and powder). Love the makeup and primer and I thought I liked the powder. The powder is silky smooth but I happened to run across a video that showed what happens in the event someone takes a picture with a flash. I was like "No way!" so I tried it myself with my Canon DSLR and sure enough there it was. I was mortified. There should be some kind of disclaimer on this product.

Can you imagine wearing this on a special day (photography session) and ending up looking like you have white paint all over your face?

I would NOT recommend this powder to anyone ... ever!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don`t like this powder at all, its too fine and gets all over the place and I don`t think it does much of anything at all, I get much better results with drug store powders that are a quarter of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is great for people such as myself who have very oily skin. It leaves my skin smooth and matte for hours. My skin doesn't start to become oily for many, many hours and even then it's 75% less than what I'd normally have. I bought the travel size and it will last a very long time. I've read comments on some people having a white face. I just think they are using too much. You really don't need much. A good way to look at it is that you barely want to see any powder on your brush. The saying... "a little goes a long way" is very true with this powder.

I'd definitely repurchase and am very happy with the results.

FYI: I'm also using milk of magnesia (swipe on face after washing), primer (just a cheap one from Sally), BB Cream (Marcelle's) and then lastly the HD High Def Loose Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by DulceCandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is horrible! Oh my gosh! It may be okay if you will be outdoors and not taking any pictures because the white cast you get around your face with the flash is horrendous!!! I am not over exaggerating!!!