October 24, 2014 | 1675 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by skatenmix

I bought the little size at Sephora and used it for my prom. This powder made my makeup last all night and i never once looked oily! The ultimate test was when i used it for work and it still performed better than expected! I used it in photographs and did not see a white cast at all. I will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by peanut32

I really love this. It keeps my skin matte all day long without looking cakey or overly dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I was a little skeptical purchasing this $15 for 5 grams of baby powder but I was convinced it would work. I had only planned to use this for special occasions but I use almost 3 times a week! This translucent powder does not make my skin cakey, with my brush it takes up the perfect amout and like a lot of girls I was scared I was going to get a white overcast and that was not the case for me. I have warm fair skin and it does not make it look powdery at all. My skin looks absolutely flawless! I am very happy with this product :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I gave this a second chance and I've found that this is a must for day-to-day makeup. It makes my skin look flawless and does a fairly good job of mattifying. I have tested it over and over again and yes, the white face with flash happens everytime. So, wear this during the daytime, but definitely not at night when any flash pics will be taken. It's annoying that it's not more multi-purpose, but it does have a great finish.

This product should have a disclaimer on it. Seriously. A Sephora SA applied it to me over MUFE F&B and my skin looked FLAWLESS. It looked like someone had photoshopped my skin! HOWEVER, I wish someone would have told me when I bought it that you look like a ghost in pictures with flash. Are you serious?? It's not like I'm photographed everyday or anything but still. On the off chance that I am photographed I'm going to look like casper. I'm not running that risk. I've tried EVERYTHING. I use a tiny bit and I use the MUFE Kabuki brush to sort of swirl/buff it into my skin. I only use it on my t-zone. I look perfect when I first apply it, but within a few hours It wears off and I look oily (I have combo skin). I tried using it as a primer as some suggested but that made the white cast even WORSE and didn't do anything to keep my skin from getting oily. I'm so glad I didn't buy the full size of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really feel like this powder does much for me. I've tried using different amounts to see if adding more/less would make it better, and I've also tried using it with different combinations of products. Whatever I use, I don't feel like this makes a very big difference. I have pretty large pores and my skin is pretty oily. I only see any difference when I wear foundation with it. It makes my face look a little smoother, and it's not cakey, but that's the only difference I see. It also has no oil control properties for me, which I've read that it has for other people. I use this mainly to set my under eye concealer, but after i finish this, I'm moving on.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by prettyshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I feel kinda dumb for buying this product. The entire reason I bought it is because I assumed it was the powder you should use for photographs b/c it says HD and it's translucent. There's no SPF in it, so I assumed it would just be translucent and there'd be no issues with a white tint. In reality, it leaves a significant white tint to your face and looks powdery. It made my already pale face look even paler after I applied it over my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by vivian101265

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the travel size of this product. I'm not saying its a bad product but I just didn't visibly see the results. I ended up returning it. I know its a cult classic product but it just did not do anything for me that I could SEE which is really important in my makeup routine. I need to see results!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by str8thuggin

Ummmm........NO. I liked this product until I saw photos of myself wearing it and was mortified to see that my face looked completely white and ghostly - and no I didn't put on too much. Good thing I save the packaging from the products that I buy until I'm SURE that I like them, so I was able to return this to Sephora. It does look nice under normal circumstances, but I won't risk it as I would have to hide from any camera that happened to come out. This powder is nothing but 100% silica, and if you like to try it E.L.F. makes the same exact thing for only $6.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at the checkout line at Sephora one day. I'm really not sure why I bought it because I'm not a powder girl. I guess I got a Sephora rush and just forgot myself for a moment. The reason I steer clear of powders is because my skin is tends to run on the drier side in most places and loose powder just extenuates that.

After sitting in my drawer for months, I finally decide to use it. The first few days I used this, my skin actually looked pretty good. However, like every other powder on the planet, this started to make my face look very dry and chalky. Even when applied sparingly, I still get the same results. I don't think this is a fault of the powder, just my skin. I think I may get better results when the weather heats up and the humidity skyrockets.

Despite my results, I would recommend this to someone whose skin runs on the oily side and actually needs powder to set their foundation. It is finely milled and of good quality (like I said, I got good results the first few times I used it). It also leaves a nice finish but if your skin is dry, it will end up looking drier and (eek!) older. I wouldn't buy this again because it is just a useless product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this powder. I have worn it while being photographed with flash so I don't know why people are saying it gives them a horrible white cast...maybe applying too much?
This makes my face look airbrushed and pore less and makes my makeup last all day. winner!