December 18, 2014 | 1566 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddict11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very, very oily skin with huge pores on my cheeks. Attractive right? Haha. Well this stuff helps tons in controlling oil when used BEFORE putting on foundation and a small amount after. I recommend using a cosmetic sponge to lightly press into the skin or a dense brush. That helps to fill in the pores. Just be careful not to use too much. A white cast is never cute, especially on us dark skinned beauties.
Oh, and be practical and purchase the smaller container. It lasts for several months, even with everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Can seem slightly white if overapplied or not blended well, but with proper application, it sets foundation beautifully and looks natural. My GWP size will last me forever at the rate I'm using it -- once in a blue moon -- so seeing it's not essential to me, I doubt I'd ever get the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Fascinated

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This powder pairs perfectly with my MUFE HD foundation and gives my face a wonderful soft finished look while helping set everything and control oil. You don't need a whole lot, especially if you're using the duo-fiber brush they recommend with it (worth it, but check Crown Brush for a dupe before you buy.) My only problem is actually getting the powder out of the jar, as it's hard to get more than a tiny bit at a time if you're using the smaller travel sized jars. I get around that by shaking a bunch into the lid and using that. I don't think I'll ever use another powder again, this one is just too perfect and I can use it over anything from foundation to TM.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by diane894

I cannot believe I waited so long to purchase this powder. It is AMAZING. Hands down. I didn't want to invest on the regular size and end up disliking it and wasting my money on a product I was never gonna use, so I invested in the travel size for $16 to give this a try and I absolutely love it. I set my MUFE HD foundation with this and it leaves such a nice matte airbrushed finish. Just in case any of you are wondering I apply this with a kabuki brush. And also, just a tip, a little of this goes a long way :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best setting powders I've used. At first I was a little skeptical when purchasing it because it is a white powder and I thought it would leave a white cast on my face and it doesn't. It works great and I have no need for touch ups during the day. My only complaint is the sifter packaging, its very easy to make a mess of this, but I have the travel size and it will last me for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by skatenmix

I bought the little size at Sephora and used it for my prom. This powder made my makeup last all night and i never once looked oily! The ultimate test was when i used it for work and it still performed better than expected! I used it in photographs and did not see a white cast at all. I will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by peanut32

I really love this. It keeps my skin matte all day long without looking cakey or overly dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I was a little skeptical purchasing this $15 for 5 grams of baby powder but I was convinced it would work. I had only planned to use this for special occasions but I use almost 3 times a week! This translucent powder does not make my skin cakey, with my brush it takes up the perfect amout and like a lot of girls I was scared I was going to get a white overcast and that was not the case for me. I have warm fair skin and it does not make it look powdery at all. My skin looks absolutely flawless! I am very happy with this product :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I gave this a second chance and I've found that this is a must for day-to-day makeup. It makes my skin look flawless and does a fairly good job of mattifying. I have tested it over and over again and yes, the white face with flash happens everytime. So, wear this during the daytime, but definitely not at night when any flash pics will be taken. It's annoying that it's not more multi-purpose, but it does have a great finish.

This product should have a disclaimer on it. Seriously. A Sephora SA applied it to me over MUFE F&B and my skin looked FLAWLESS. It looked like someone had photoshopped my skin! HOWEVER, I wish someone would have told me when I bought it that you look like a ghost in pictures with flash. Are you serious?? It's not like I'm photographed everyday or anything but still. On the off chance that I am photographed I'm going to look like casper. I'm not running that risk. I've tried EVERYTHING. I use a tiny bit and I use the MUFE Kabuki brush to sort of swirl/buff it into my skin. I only use it on my t-zone. I look perfect when I first apply it, but within a few hours It wears off and I look oily (I have combo skin). I tried using it as a primer as some suggested but that made the white cast even WORSE and didn't do anything to keep my skin from getting oily. I'm so glad I didn't buy the full size of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really feel like this powder does much for me. I've tried using different amounts to see if adding more/less would make it better, and I've also tried using it with different combinations of products. Whatever I use, I don't feel like this makes a very big difference. I have pretty large pores and my skin is pretty oily. I only see any difference when I wear foundation with it. It makes my face look a little smoother, and it's not cakey, but that's the only difference I see. It also has no oil control properties for me, which I've read that it has for other people. I use this mainly to set my under eye concealer, but after i finish this, I'm moving on.