April 18, 2014 | 1972 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by carmenw14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love my Erase Paste concealer by Benefit Cosmetics. I have acne-prone, oily skin and using this over my foundation, under powder, makes my skin appear as close to flawless as possible. I wouldn't recommend this concealer for undereye circles because it is so thick and doesnt blend into that thin-skinned area as well. I rated it a 4 overall because it does appear slick on the skin if not set with a powder. I rated the product a 5 in pricing because it is $28 which is very pricey for the amount that you get (although I will say that one container lasts me for about 6 months, even though I use it every day, because a little goes a long way). I gave the packaging a 1 because it comes with a little scoop gadget that I immediately throw away because it is useless and the jar is too small to really use your fingers, so you have to invest in a concealer brush. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by aimela

Wow, as the name suggests, this is a paste. Really thick, hard to blend. Definitely covers up everything. Must be very light handed when applying, then tap, blend, tap, blend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a travel sized version of this, in medium, with a BeneFit sampler kit. At first, I HATED it. It was fairly thick, and I'm used to concealers with a more thin consistency. Also, the color was so odd. It was a tad dark for me, but more than anything is just seemed so orange. I tossed in my makeup bag and forgot about it.
I recently dug it out and figured out I better try to make use of it. I can't use this to cover blemishes. The pinkish-orange tint stands out too much against my skin tone. However, I did discover that this is great for the under eye area. I have very slight dark circles, but also my face casts shadows underneath my eyes, so I usually need something to cover them. I normally use a light mouse foundation and dab it there, but this works so much better. It really brightens the area, and the consistency works well against my somewhat dry skin.
My only advice is to apply using your fingers, rather than a brush. I normally use a concealer brush, but it looks unnatural with this product.
Overall, however, I'm glad I found a use for this. I'd definitely recommend this for college students who, like me, don't get enough sleep!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Some people said it's heavy and greasy, while I find it a good texture for undereye circles. I had the sample of a medium color which was a bit too dark for my skintone, bug I like the texture alot and got the lighter shade that fits my skintone so well. It is rare to find a salmon toned concealer which shows very natural under the eye area. I have not used any other concealer for undereye circles since I got this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mztina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! The texture is very creamy and it's great for moisturizing my dry under eyes. It does settle into fine lines, but I find all concealers do that, so I can't knock off a lippie for that. I usually prep my undereyes with TFSI. I also love that it has peachy-pink undertones that cancel out my blue under eye circles, and it does well brightening up other areas of my face. I usually apply this around the sides of my mouth since I have some darkness there and voila! I look bright and refresh! Lasting power is pretty decent. I can get about 3-4 hours of wear before I start to see creasing, but I usually pat it back in place so it's not big deal for me. A little really does go a long way so the pot should last a while. With that said I don't think it's really expensive for what you get. I would repurchase this over and over.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Emilyx0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this product a while back, and I absolutely HATED it! It was so thick and just felt so lumpy when it was on! It's more of a highlighting concealer rather than a regular concealer. I usually love all Benefit products, but this one I hated, it faded after a few hours and just looked discoloured..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by mya2403

Turned orange after an hour or so looked cakey and totally unnatural. A dud product from benefit. They could do with more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vanessa15

i got this in the "Mr. Bright" kit for christmas, so i have the mini version in medium. I love it! I've been looking so much for a good concealer for my somewhat dark red undereyes, and this worked like magic! i didn't get the little spatula, so all i do is use my finger and dab on a bit, and it's great! I'm loving Benefit!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by berlin101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Benefit...but this is horrible. Worn as an under eye concealer, it is so greasy that my makeup slides off within a short period of time and I have racoon eyes. Settles into fine creases and the color options are ridiculous. And the packaging...it comes in a pot with a spatula, I never know where to keep it so it won't get lost or dirty. And it's expensive! Horrible. Sorry Benefit, but I truely hate this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by ShannonRosa

This is for sure a very heavy and greasy concealer as many people have already pointed out. its definitely not for me, as i am looking for a more dewy natural finish to my makeup. it caked a whole lot and didnt look good at all and the colour wasnt right either. I also dont like how you really need ot stick your finger in the pot to get product out, and it gets all under your fingernails. if you use the spoon that comes with it its fine, although i dont like how theres excess product on there that you just cant seem to get off. it covers dark circles alright, and is not the worst concealer in the world but ive definitley had better from drug store brands.