Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 11/1/2009 9:32:00 PM

Very good under-eye concealer! I've been using high end concealers but nothing, including Benefit's erase paste, made them go away as well as this. I dotted this under my eyes a few times, blended, and wow. I could tell a major difference. The dark circles disappeared.

The shade I got, fair, is much lighter than my skin tone but it blended in flawlessly.

I don't think I would use this on blemishes, it's very creamy and would probably encourage breakouts.

on 10/30/2009 4:55:00 PM

Seriously, one of the best undereye concealers. Will repurchase again and again.

on 10/26/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Well, I'm almost to the very bottom of this concealer stick, and I didn't even realize I had used this product that much!

As a cover-up, I think that this is a very adequate concealer. The consistency is in stick form, so it is creamy. Mind you, anything that comes in stick form can sometimes become a little dry, so I find it best to warm up the product a little bit with my finger, and apply it that way, rather than applying it to my face directly from the stick. [It is also more sanitary to apply it this way]. I feel comfortable saying that this concealer is very opaque, and that it will do the job on concealing imperfections. The only problem I have with it, is its lack of color selection. If my skin were a little more beige, or had undertones of pink, then I'm sure this concealer would suffice. I purchased the stick in "medium" I believe, and although I think it does a great job for the amount you pay, I definitely find myself having to do some extra blending and covering of the actual concealer, to prevent me from looking like I have the chicken pox.

If you have a good skin texture to begin with, and find that one of the colors available matches your skin tone, I would definitely think about purchasing the product. Actually, I would just purchase it regardless, because for the price you pay, it's worth finding out, especially if you can afford to spend a little extra cash. You're not shoving out $40.00 for this concealer, and a little bit goes a long way.

A note for those who would like to use it as an under-eye concealer, this product does crease if you tend to have more lines under your eyes.

The staying powder is good, but if you have oily skin, I think you should opt for setting it with some powder if you plan on only wearing concealer for the day. The product can feel a bit oily itself, and it will most likely wear off sooner than without a powder.

Overall, I would still buy this product again, just to see if I can manage to match any of their other colors to my skin tone. I would hate to miss out on such a good and not to mention, money saving concealer, if I happen to find one that works!

My advice, try it. It might work out, and it won't burn a hole through your wallet.

on 10/26/2009 9:56:00 AM

I love cg smoothers. I have this concealer stick in light and it's the best I've used so far. I've tried mac, clinique, other drugstore brands.. nothing works as well as this or blends into my complexion as well as this. I wear pur minerals foundation over top and my very dark circles almost completely disappear.

* EDIT * I no longer use this concealer. I found it to be quite drying and flakey after using it for a while. the coverage is still very good if you have very dark, genetic circles. I now use an olay corrector instead but would still recommend this one, especially if you're on a budget.

on 10/18/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have only been using this product for the last few days, but I really like it already. I choose "illuminator" because I have pink/peach undertones and I'm really pale. I got this at Target for 6ish bucks. I like that it is in stick form, and it does a pretty good job of covering slight blemishes. It doesn't give me a ton of coverage, which is what I wanted, so I really like it. Give it a try!!

on 10/17/2009 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I used this product on and off for about a year & still couldn't find out why i had such badly clogged pores?! I would blame it on all of my other products I was using at the time, but the moment i stopped & switched over to mineral makeup, basically all of the pores are finally starting to clear out. The point of what I am saying is that I used this product thinking it was giving me pretty decent coverage over acne scars, but basically a mix of this product and oily skin just ISN'T A GOOD MIX! Definitely feel as if this product would be better suited for people with dry skin!

on 9/25/2009 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So I tracked down the Illuminating shade based on msimone's review below. I am a highlighter whore....they are my weakness! Anyway, Target was the only major chain store in my area where it was available. I think it was $5.99. Anyway, just as msimone said, this works very well as a highlighter! The texture of the product is fabulous for this purpose. Since it is a matte light creamy pinkish tone, it blended in very subtly to my skin and just barely lightened and enhanced the areas where I used it...my cheekbones, right above the inside halves of my eyebrows, my cupids bow, the lower middle of my lower lip, and down the center of my nose. I loved that it wasn't sparkly, glittery, or pearly, but it definitely does what I bought it to do. I didn't care for it as an undereye concealer, however, because my skin there is somewhat crepey, and this product emphasized this fact. I'd say that this is my new favorite highlighter.

on 9/23/2009 5:03:00 PM

This product is good but not great because although t covers well and feels light, when you might wrinkle ur face or under ur eyes for whatever reason, it creases and doesn't look flattering so I'm still on the hunt for something a little better.

on 9/20/2009 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best thing to ever happen to me. This is awesome as a concealer and as an eyeshadow base.

on 9/20/2009 1:12:00 AM

I bought this in Neutralizer at the Dollar Tree (so it only cost one dollar instead of five like walmart!)...The container part of this said that it contained vitamin E and soothing chamomile, so that's basically why i got it (i was looking for a creamy undereye concealer that would keep my eye area hydrated during the day cause my Neutrogena concealer was pretty drying)...This does the trick, even though it creases sometimes..The color is also perfect for my skin tone and this spreads well after i put on some moisturizer under my eyes...HG concealer for the price especially and I'm going back to Dollar tree to get more of these!

Video Reviews & Tutorials