April 20, 2014 | 1316 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by fashionquenie

I used this product on and off for about a year & still couldn't find out why i had such badly clogged pores?! I would blame it on all of my other products I was using at the time, but the moment i stopped & switched over to mineral makeup, basically all of the pores are finally starting to clear out. The point of what I am saying is that I used this product thinking it was giving me pretty decent coverage over acne scars, but basically a mix of this product and oily skin just ISN'T A GOOD MIX! Definitely feel as if this product would be better suited for people with dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I tracked down the Illuminating shade based on msimone's review below. I am a highlighter whore....they are my weakness! Anyway, Target was the only major chain store in my area where it was available. I think it was $5.99. Anyway, just as msimone said, this works very well as a highlighter! The texture of the product is fabulous for this purpose. Since it is a matte light creamy pinkish tone, it blended in very subtly to my skin and just barely lightened and enhanced the areas where I used it...my cheekbones, right above the inside halves of my eyebrows, my cupids bow, the lower middle of my lower lip, and down the center of my nose. I loved that it wasn't sparkly, glittery, or pearly, but it definitely does what I bought it to do. I didn't care for it as an undereye concealer, however, because my skin there is somewhat crepey, and this product emphasized this fact. I'd say that this is my new favorite highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by prmami212

This product is good but not great because although t covers well and feels light, when you might wrinkle ur face or under ur eyes for whatever reason, it creases and doesn't look flattering so I'm still on the hunt for something a little better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by blacklondon

Best thing to ever happen to me. This is awesome as a concealer and as an eyeshadow base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Neutralizer at the Dollar Tree (so it only cost one dollar instead of five like walmart!)...The container part of this said that it contained vitamin E and soothing chamomile, so that's basically why i got it (i was looking for a creamy undereye concealer that would keep my eye area hydrated during the day cause my Neutrogena concealer was pretty drying)...This does the trick, even though it creases sometimes..The color is also perfect for my skin tone and this spreads well after i put on some moisturizer under my eyes...HG concealer for the price especially and I'm going back to Dollar tree to get more of these!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Edit: It's actually slightly pink! And it has sparkles and shimmers in it!

I bought this in Neutralizer, which is yellow-toned. It covers dark circles very well, but doesn't do much over broken skin. It didn't break me out even though it had very heavy coverage. I'm currently trying to wean myself off of foundation/concealer/powder, but I'll repurchase if I find myself needing a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by msimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am reviewing the Illuminator shade. This is a matte opaque whitish pink color. At first I was confused - how could something matte highlight? Low and behold, i found this product to nicely brighten my face. The trick is to know where and how much to apply. I dab a few times on the tops of my cheekbones - right across from the outer corner of my eye, and i blend a bit down my cheekbones. This really makes light bounce off my face without any sparkle. I also like to dot a bit on the centre of my bottom lip to make my lips look more plump. I dont apply this all over or under my eye, as im sure it would look ghastly, however just a touch and your skin glows. Would def. repurchase this shade.

I also bought Neutral, however I have not used this yet..and not sure if it will give the same brightening factor. I would not use these as concealers for undereyes though, I find them too opaque and possibly cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by maya8486

I bought this CG concealer last month and I can tell you it really didnt work for me!
1st It's too oily and feels greassy
2nd I took the illuminating color and its like piggy pink color so clearly I just looked like a weird racoon when applied! I think it might be ok for a skin type that is close to the pink color but not recomended for taned skin!

It does cover but only if I dont touch it after putting it on my zit for example but then it shows that I am covering something... Anyways I really didnt like it even if it was cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Infinityhearts

This stick is truly magic. I love it, I really do. It glides on nicely, smoothes easily, lasts all day long on my face, and covers acne, acne scars, and uneven complexions perfectly. I sometimes even put a little on my lips to get rid of how red my lips are naturally. I will admit that it fades off my lips and looks kinda gross after about 2 hours or so, but comon people, this is foundation, we can't expect miracles for $5, but this comes very close. Definite HG. Carry it everywhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by heartz13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I Put it on before school and by 5th period it's faded . Doesn't even cover up anything dude , i think its best to buy something a little more high quality. It Kinda sucks but it covers up my sisters acne scars and tad dark circles so maybe its diffrent for everyone.