Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 13.00% [] octinoxate 2.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: talc [] dimethicone [] nylon-12 [] silica [] squalane [] boron nitride [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] cetyl caprylate [] diisostearyl malate [] phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate [] methicone [] aluminum hydroxide [] glycerin [] sodium hyaluronate [] magnesium palmitoyl glutamate [] sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate [] palmitoyl proline [] alumina [] tocopherol [] palmitic acid [] 1,2-hexanediol [] ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate [] tin oxide [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) [] mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 7/22/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried everything! I always go back to this. I found the best way to apply this is with the included sponge. If I apply it with a brush it looks really powdery and flakey. I have also realized with any foundation, you have to properly moisturize your skin. This foundation gives the best coverage that is buildable and makes my face look flawless. Like I said I have tried everything and everytime I wear this particular product I am stopped and asked what I do to get such a beautiful complexion. I will no longer buy anything else. I also find this lasts about 6 month's which is great! I do have to replace the sponge at least once before this runs out. This is personal preference and of course only the opinion of 1 person. I feel this gives a buttery smooth finish and I just can't bring myself to be happy with anything else. I also find that going to a cosmetic counter to have someone match your skin tone is priceless. Drugstore cosmetics are hit or miss. You can't try them out unless you purchase and take home. Only to have to return them. What a waste of time and GAS!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Be forewarned- if you have any flakey dry skin at all, this powder will do nothing but accentuate it and make it more obvious. I used this with a kabuki and blended like nobody's buisness but no matter what I did, it looks very powdery and cakey. It gives nice coverage, but unfortunately thats one of the only good things about it.

I used to use this product everyday, but have recently switched to a drugstore brand. This foundation looks amazing when I first put it on, but it quickly gets very oily and cakey in my t-zone-- I have to wipe it off of my nose, cheeks and forehead and re-apply it several times a day. I recently switched to Neutrogena's Mineral Sheers Compact Foundation, and I love it. It's less than half the price of the Clinique foundation (around $11 as opposed to around $25), it has more sunscreen (SPF 20 as opposed to SPF 15), and it lasts a LOT longer on my oily/combination skin, even through work,sweat and Texas humidity. I'd definitely recommend giving the drugstore a shot on this one.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have combo/oily skin and this made my skin look dry and dehydrated. I think this was one of the worse powder foundations I ever used. It looked so obvious I was wearing powder on my face and it was a royal caked up mess. This was my third and last attempt at Clinique foundations.

on 6/24/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this before reading any reviews; just went into Sephora and chose this amongst the hundreds of options. I guess it was my lucky day because I don't have any complaints about this after having used it a couple times. I don't usually wear makeup, and this product is easy and convenient for those days I do want to wear foundation. I have it in 04 Neutral, and it gives me good coverage. It evens out my skin beautifully, and my skin is far from being perfect. I apply with a sponge, either the one it came with, or just a wedge from the drugstore. Like others have mentioned, when you first put it on, it is a bit chalky, but within a few minutes it melts on your skin and you don't look like you're wearing any makeup. After I'm done applying this I set it with the Vit. E spray from The Body Shop and it lasts for hours.

on 6/24/2010 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I haven't had much luck using Clinique foundations in the past; they either irritated my sensitive Rosacean skin, broke me out, were too drying and/or didn't have a good matching shade. I'm a neutral NW/NC10 and while I can get away with a slightly yellow toned shade to even out my ruddy skin anything pinkish looks way off. However I was intrigued with this powder makeup, especially since it's summer overhere and I was looking for something other to use than my liquid/cream foundations. I have tried some other powder foundations but most of them were too drying on my already dry skin or were too irritating. So I decided to buy this powder foundation after reading some reviews. I got it in the lightest shade, 01 Fair and it turned out to be a really good match for my skin. Coverage: don't expect that much of coverage; after all it's just pressed powder and even when applied with a sponge the coverage is just enough to even out your skin. But that's sufficient for me. Texture-wise it feels very smooth and almost creamy. Even though I have dry skin it doesn't look cakey and it doesn't cling to any dry patches. It might look a little powdery at first but after half an hour or so the powder blends with your skin to a very natural looking, non-matte finish. I didn't experience any irritation, breaking out nor did it dry out my skin. The SPF15 is a nice bonus, too. I also like the fact this powder makeup can be used as a pressed powder on top of liquid foundation; for this purpose I just use the included brush. So it's a nice versatile product to have in my stash!
*PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am half Chinese and European and its impossible to find foundation that matches my skin colour as I have light/medium olive european tone, whilst shade 04 neutral does not match 100% it is the closest match I have found and besides it makes my skin look amazing! I have combo skin with a oily t zone but is normal everywhere else however this leaves my skin looking dewy not oily, however when first applied it looks a bit cakey but 30mins later my skin is louminous, coverage is buildable and I prefer to use it with my estee lauder kabuki and build up the coverage rather than using the sponge unless I am out then I'll use the sponge to touch up. Whilst it does have a small amount of shimmer in it, it does not make u sparkle like bare minerals does. I love the fact it has an spf 15 in it, however if you have really oily skin this might not be the best foundation for you. Staying power is ok but like any foundation on a oily t zone I need to retouch few hrs (4-6) or so on my t zone. Packaging is fantastic, nice and slim which is good to fit in your clutch on a night out. The only reason why I took a lippy off is because it is expensive at $49 Australian. Whilst this is expensive I would definatley buy it again because of how good it makes my skin look, I hope this never discontinues!

on 6/8/2010 10:05:00 PM

This powder was just okay. It's nice as a finishing powder but it definitely looks flaky if your skin is a little dry. So moisturizing or using some type of actual foundation is a must. The woman at the counter picked my shade out for me and she was COMPLETELY off. I have no idea what she was thinking. I think she gave me the lightest color. I look like a ghost! But otherwise, I could see this being a decent makeup setter.

I havent tried a lot of powder because I love liquid foundation. But i do love it in the summer because it seems light but does cover the redness of acne. When I wear it I can barely feel that im wearing it. The packaging is great because it comes with an applicator in a compact with a big mirror. It is great for girls who are young if they start to get acne because it dosent cause any either and you cant tell if someone is wearing it. Dont apply a lot of it though because it can give you a caked on look. It is a great powder :)

on 6/4/2010 2:04:00 PM

I have used this consistently since it was first released several years ago. Non-cakey, natural coverage, cannot feel on skin, photographs well, fragrance-free!!