December 19, 2014 | 1422 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by blueskies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this before reading any reviews; just went into Sephora and chose this amongst the hundreds of options. I guess it was my lucky day because I don't have any complaints about this after having used it a couple times. I don't usually wear makeup, and this product is easy and convenient for those days I do want to wear foundation. I have it in 04 Neutral, and it gives me good coverage. It evens out my skin beautifully, and my skin is far from being perfect. I apply with a sponge, either the one it came with, or just a wedge from the drugstore. Like others have mentioned, when you first put it on, it is a bit chalky, but within a few minutes it melts on your skin and you don't look like you're wearing any makeup. After I'm done applying this I set it with the Vit. E spray from The Body Shop and it lasts for hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't had much luck using Clinique foundations in the past; they either irritated my sensitive Rosacean skin, broke me out, were too drying and/or didn't have a good matching shade. I'm a neutral NW/NC10 and while I can get away with a slightly yellow toned shade to even out my ruddy skin anything pinkish looks way off. However I was intrigued with this powder makeup, especially since it's summer overhere and I was looking for something other to use than my liquid/cream foundations. I have tried some other powder foundations but most of them were too drying on my already dry skin or were too irritating. So I decided to buy this powder foundation after reading some reviews. I got it in the lightest shade, 01 Fair and it turned out to be a really good match for my skin. Coverage: don't expect that much of coverage; after all it's just pressed powder and even when applied with a sponge the coverage is just enough to even out your skin. But that's sufficient for me. Texture-wise it feels very smooth and almost creamy. Even though I have dry skin it doesn't look cakey and it doesn't cling to any dry patches. It might look a little powdery at first but after half an hour or so the powder blends with your skin to a very natural looking, non-matte finish. I didn't experience any irritation, breaking out nor did it dry out my skin. The SPF15 is a nice bonus, too. I also like the fact this powder makeup can be used as a pressed powder on top of liquid foundation; for this purpose I just use the included brush. So it's a nice versatile product to have in my stash!
*PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by MaliceInMakeupLand

I am half Chinese and European and its impossible to find foundation that matches my skin colour as I have light/medium olive european tone, whilst shade 04 neutral does not match 100% it is the closest match I have found and besides it makes my skin look amazing! I have combo skin with a oily t zone but is normal everywhere else however this leaves my skin looking dewy not oily, however when first applied it looks a bit cakey but 30mins later my skin is louminous, coverage is buildable and I prefer to use it with my estee lauder kabuki and build up the coverage rather than using the sponge unless I am out then I'll use the sponge to touch up. Whilst it does have a small amount of shimmer in it, it does not make u sparkle like bare minerals does. I love the fact it has an spf 15 in it, however if you have really oily skin this might not be the best foundation for you. Staying power is ok but like any foundation on a oily t zone I need to retouch few hrs (4-6) or so on my t zone. Packaging is fantastic, nice and slim which is good to fit in your clutch on a night out. The only reason why I took a lippy off is because it is expensive at $49 Australian. Whilst this is expensive I would definatley buy it again because of how good it makes my skin look, I hope this never discontinues!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder was just okay. It's nice as a finishing powder but it definitely looks flaky if your skin is a little dry. So moisturizing or using some type of actual foundation is a must. The woman at the counter picked my shade out for me and she was COMPLETELY off. I have no idea what she was thinking. I think she gave me the lightest color. I look like a ghost! But otherwise, I could see this being a decent makeup setter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by makeuprincess4ever

I havent tried a lot of powder because I love liquid foundation. But i do love it in the summer because it seems light but does cover the redness of acne. When I wear it I can barely feel that im wearing it. The packaging is great because it comes with an applicator in a compact with a big mirror. It is great for girls who are young if they start to get acne because it dosent cause any either and you cant tell if someone is wearing it. Dont apply a lot of it though because it can give you a caked on look. It is a great powder :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by BlessedGirl

I have used this consistently since it was first released several years ago. Non-cakey, natural coverage, cannot feel on skin, photographs well, fragrance-free!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a birthday gift along with the Moisture Sheer Tint TM from my mom. I was perfectly happy with my old TM/Powder combination (Hard Candy TM and Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder), but I guess I never realized what I was missing!!! I've usually just stuck to drugstore stuff, but this blows whatever I've used out of the water.

I have the colour 02 Neutral Fair. I use the sponge it comes with, and stroke it on. It goes on a tad bit too dark, but it adjusts after a few minutes. I was surprised at the amount of coverage it has! It's very good! It evens out all my redness and shine and leaves me with clear-looking skin. I'm serious. This combination makes me look like I have the perfect skin (though when I wash it off, it becomes obvious I don't), without making it look like I'm wearing anything! And neither are breaking me out.

I used this on a trip to Six Flags the other day, and it lasted all day, through sweat and water and soda (unfortunate accidents) and rain. I came home with a perfect-looking face. I'm so excited about this! This replaces my old HG! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by 7thfly

Kind of overpriced at £20 i think - however I find it better than a lose powder, and i like the packaging. You cannot tell you are wearing any powder, but it might be aggravating my blemishes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

Almost powder is a wonderful powder foundation. I have sensitive combo skin that is prone to breakouts. I use a powder brush with this for a light layer and it provides great coverage. It doesn't clog my pores or cause any irritation. It feels light on your skin. I have to blot around the middle of the day, which is normal for me. After I apply this foundation, I notice that within minutes it melts into my skin and looks perfect. It almost looks like I've applied liquid foundation and powder. I am NC40 and I wear this in Deep-a perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by dollmakemeblush

I love this powder I use to on top of my studio fix and its beautiful! I apply with a powder brush and it looks like it literally absorbs all the oil in my face but its comfortable to wear. Only downside to this is that its $23 bucks lol but worth it:)