December 22, 2014 | 1605 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this product on an off again for years. It's cheap and has a little brush for your brows at the end. It stays on all day. I do add clear gel after appyling this to soften the look and help keep the pencil on all day.

4 out of 5 stars for the color. I use the medium color and find it a bit too red, and I have a warm, brown colored hair.

Don't hate it, would repurchase, but not HG status.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to see if it was a dupe for my beloved MAC eyebrow pencil. Although I did not expect a perfect dupe, I was hoping it would be almost the same. Unfortunately the formula is so HARD that even pressing down on my hand I hardly got any color. I would have to DRAW, pressing hard to get any color on my eyebrows, not the feathered look I am going for. I might put up with the application if the colors were good. Unfortunately Maybelline discontinued their AURBURN pencil I used for many many years and this one does not have a color that even remotely matches my hair color. Total fail for me and I'll stick with my MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this is dark brown & then I got MAC in spiked. Overall this is a pretty good dupe.

The colors are the same. However the difference is in the texture & application. The Maybelline pencil has a harder & waxier texture than the MAC pencil. Also the point of the Maybelline pencil is sharper. Because of these qualities the Maybelline pencil is good for filling in sparse areas. But you must be careful & use eye shadow/brow powder after so you can avoid the drawn on brows look. The MAC pencil has a softer point, is made of softer wax, & is more pigmented. The MAC gives a softer & more natural look w/o as much effort. The MAC pencil is more sweat & oil resistant. Since the MAC is more pigmented you don't have to use as much product to get the same results, it decreases application time, & it lasts longer than the Maybelline pencil.

Also I wish the Maybelline pencil was retractable & had a spoolie.

But these are nit picky comparisons. The Maybelline pencil is a good product & I would get it again if I ever ran out of the MAC pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrowngirl

I've been penciling my eyebrows since the age of about 11 or 12. I have none to speak of. I've tried them all, and for awhile my favorite as MAC's brow pencil in the color Spiked. I couldn't afford to pay $14 a pencil for as often as I use it. Maybelline's Define-A-Brow is practically the same in all respects, but a quarter of the price. At my local Target they have it for $4.34. It's def a staple for me and I can't see using another pencil again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pmangelo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice, natural look at a terrific price -- very pleased with the way this fills the thin spots in my brows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I bought this months ago. Maybe 8 or 9 months. I got it in med brown because I don't like my brows to be too dark. When I opened it I thought it was too light. FF and I'm looking for a dupe for my MAC Spiked. I saw that dark brown was a dupe for it and I tried to find db but I can't find it. I decided to use my med brown and I was pleasantly surprised. Sometimes I feel like Spiked is too dark but med brown is only a tad bit lighter than Spiked. I'm in love. I still want my Spiked, but I'll buy Define A Brow too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HOLY SMACK! amazing product... i use the one from Anastasia "brow wiz"... great as well but $26 CDN... this is like a cheaper version that performs just as great!

PROS:
- lasts all day long
- color stays true (no fading)
- highly pigmented
- nice and fine tip for precised application
- sleek packaging

CONS:
- needs a spoolie at the other end, the brush it comes with is not great

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

I love this product. I have virtually no brows at all. I change my look a lot. This product is fabulous and I use the darkest shade which I believe is dark brown. I can create brows or just add to what I do have. My face is a canvas!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cupsncake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this eyebrow pencil! It's easy to apply, lasts all day, and costs next to nothing. However, I'm having such a hard time finding it in DARK BROWN lately. For the last 2 months I've been on a frantic search at every drug store for it; even the Maybelline website isn't carrying it! I've tried the medium brown hoping it would do the trick but it's too light for my features. If they don't start stocking the dark brown soon, I'm going to have to give up and try another brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great little pencil. I'm all for automatic pencils as I feel that sharpening pencils are and should be a relic of the past. I love the color and pigmentation. A few strokes and I'm set. The color tone is perfect as Medium Brown is perfectly neutral. I swing between the MAC liner and this one depending on how convenient it is for me to stop by the MAC store. I have a feeling that MAC is slightly more pigmented and lasts longer. Also, for those praising Maybelline as a cheaper dupe, consider how much you are getting for the price. Maybelline is 0.001g for $6 ($8 drugstores) while MAC is 0.003 for $15. Nonetheless this a great drugstore find. Best lasting power among its competitiors and an easy to use design.