April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2004 11:37:00 AM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This did not remove my waterproof mascara at all, and it burned my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2004 1:32:00 AM More reviews by peachoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it, love it, love love love! No need to try any other eye makeup removers. This is non-oily, smells like roses (literally), and removes all my makeup perfectly without stinging. For the record, I use Lash Out mascara, non-waterproof. A little on the pricier side for a drugstore eye makeup remover, but it's worth it. Will repurchase until the end of time!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2004 9:47:00 AM More reviews by kellyb594

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was disappointed. I had to use it three times to remove my mascara and eye-liner. It shouldn't be that difficult. It also stung my eyes a little bit. I will go back to using Avon or Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by barbandrusty

I've been using Lancome remover for years, and this is just as good. From reading the reviews - seems it may depend on what kind/brand of mascara you're using. Some say it doesn't take off waterproof - others say it does. I've been using a Clinique GWP mascara and it melts it right off. I didn't give packaging a great review because that mouth is just way, way too large! You can't help pouring out way more than you need. I'm transferring it to a Lancome GWP bottle I use for traveling which is perfect. Need to write or email Lancome about this. Makes you wonder who does product testing on these things. Men maybe?? HeeHee. Other than that - I think it's just great. I paid $5.99 at Publix on my way out on a trip. Didn't have time to fool with the department store and figured for that price, it would be fine for the trip. I'm a convert. Unless I start using another mascara that it doesn't work well on - I'll stick to this. Also, didn't sting or bother my eyes - and I have very sensitive eyes, so apparently another area in which we are all different! UPDATE: After reading great reviews, I switched to Lancome Voluminous waterproof mascara. It does takes a bit more work and doesn't "melt off" but mascara still comes off well, and I'm not pulling off any eyelashes in the process. I'll definitely continue to buy it. UPDATE: Took a lippie off. I started using L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof mascara (which I just love) and I do have trouble removing it. May still buy it, but it takes a lot more remover and effort to get my mascara off.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by esther82_2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

NOT Bad! I like it because of the Oil-free formula & cheap price but...it doesn't remove my waterproof mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 7:21:00 PM More reviews by g60girl

My HG eye makeup remover. I use MAC's Splashproof mascara and Power Point eyeliners (both very waterproof) and this stuff gently removes both of them. and does NOT STING like Clinique, etc has done to me in the past. Only problem is I can no longer find it at my drugstore not sure why :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Natasha79

This is basically my HG product for removing eye make up. I've been a fan of Lancome's eye make up remover for many years, but one day I looked at my budget and came to a realization that $18 plus tax for eye make up remover that would only last me 3 weeks or so was just too much. I had to look for a cheaper alternative. I tried this stuff first for a number of reasons, one being that Lancome owns L'Oreal, so I figured they could be similar formulas. And of course it didn't hurt at all that after sale and coupons, a bottle of this was slightly under $4! I am convinced that L'Oreal Make Up Remover and Lancome's Make Up remover are one and the same, just in different packages. I see almost no difference. It removes make up fabulously without irritating my super-sensitive eyes and skin. I will most definitely repurchase this stuff and highly recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2003 6:26:00 AM More reviews by alicecrybaby

This is one of my "blah" products.Blah meaning I don't have strong feelings about it.It is oil-free and comes in a 4 oz bottle. It does an OK job removing my eye makeup,however, I do need to rub longer than with other removers. I like that it doesn't leave any residue on my eyes. There isn't much to say about this one, I will probably rebuy for times when I run out of my other removers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2003 5:22:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS EYE-MAKEUP REMOVER!!!! I LOVE IT!!! It is 1) cheap at $5 at Target 2) doesn't sting 3) gets off all of my non-waterproof makeup easily. It disapears instantly when I put this stuff on the cotton pad and then on my eyes. I think this is fabulous. When I go to Target I buy 4 bottles which last 1.5 years. I can't imagine paying department store prices for the same thing and I buy almost all of my make-up at dept stores. I used to use The Body Shop's chamomile eye-makeup remover but it was not really as effective as I find this to be. PS - First, use a cotton PAD and not a cotton BALL since the ball will soak up too much of this liquid because of the wide-mouth top. Also, maybe this sucks for waterproof make-up. I am not sure since all my stuff is the regular kind - see the other reviews for comments on its ability with waterproof make-up. UPDATE: I stopped using this because my new Dermalogica facewash also removes my eye make-up and I no longer need a separate eye make-up remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2003 2:53:00 PM More reviews by asiangirl817

This will NOT remove any waterproof mascara!!! but does a perfect job removing eyeshadow & eyeliner . although it felt refreshing around the delicate eye area it DID stung a little. this product is cheap enough but didnt get the job done fully for me so I wont be purchasing this again.