September 30, 2014 | 1418 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a huge bottle of #5 that a fellow MUA-er sent me, but it smells too sharp and old-ladyish on my skin. But I loved the Elixer (sp?) and when this newer version of # 5 came out, I fell in love with it. It smells very warm, sophisticated, and youthful on my pale skin...I ran out to the mall yesterday to buy a bottle and didn't even care that the price was so high! ($125). This bottle should last me for years...I love the idea that Chanel is trying to update some of these classic fragrances. Here's to hoping they come out with even more versions of #5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

My God, I am in love. I am wayy below the target audience for this (No. 5 and 16 year olds don't mix, generally), but I adoree perfume- most girls my age go for shoes and hair products, I'm a perfume lover.
My grandmother wears No. 5, so I have fond memories of it- I tried wearing it once and hated it. I received a sample of this and was hesitant to try it-but since it was after school and I wasn't going anywhere, I decided to try it. To my surprise, I found that I loved it! It's a bit powdery, which generally I don't like.
It's feminine and light, and I can't see this really offending anyone. It's fresh and floral, and although $125 is quite a lot for me to pay for a perfume, I would be delighted to receive this as a gift(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is simply marvelous! It's so beautiful that it makes me laugh out loud at Chanel's ability to update timelessness. It's No. 5 taken out of the mothballs and given a nip, a tuck and fresh airing out.

Don't get me wrong, I love and respect the original. But with a little more ylang ylang, less jasmine, a subtle citrus note and a bit of vanilla in the drydown, Chanel has created one terrific flanker. I know it's an update, but this captures my memory of the 80's version of the original. I wondered why suddenly in the late 80's No. 5 EDT didn't smell right on me. Then, I heard through the grapevine that Chanel had changed the type of alcohol used in US exports. Though it's really more like an EDT concentration, the sillage is excellent in this "EDP" version. It's subtle, but the fragrance lasts for HOURS. Wear a little at the base of your throat. I can still smell it on my turtleneck eight hours after spraying it on this morning. On me, it's quite linear and will work in all seasons. DH loves it and always gives me a big hug and sniffs my neck when I'm near him wearing this.

I bought a bottle at Saks very recently. Neiman Marcus also has it. At $125 for 5 oz (150 ml) it's a relative bargain.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by sexy007

I'm having the hardest time finding this perfume. Can I say that I LOVE Chanel Premiere????? I was totally hooked once I laid my nose on it. This will be my signature fragrance from now on... but where can I purchase this? I just saw Nordstrom selling them on their site like a few days ago and I don't see it anymore. I also don't see on other sites such as Saks, Chanel, Macy's or Dillards...etc. They advertise in fashion magazines yet I don't see them selling anywhere except on ebay. Does anyone know where I can buy this perfume? Aren't they available for purchase by now? Please help me cause I can't wait much longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Chanel No. 5 is probably my favorite perfume. I was thrilled to try the new Eau Premiere. I found it recently at Dillards and bought the full bottle. It is a 5 oz bottle which is a ton of product so the price I thought was fair. It comes in a typically chic Chanel bottle. The formulation is eau de parfum. On me this has great lasting power. It is a softer more wearable version of the original. I live in a very hot climate and while I love the original, I can only wear it in the winter. Otherwise it's just too much. This is a year round scent and I don't have to worry about over-spraying. It really is lovely and a fresh twist on the original without straying too far.

I will definitely wear this daily and to the office without it being too strong. I also find that the scent stays closer my skin than the other version which has stronger sillage. It is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ginnygordon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just found this at a Macy's last night - it's back - and I was so excited since I love the no. 5 elixir, but I am not so crazy about the edt or edp. I didn't get much lemon in the top notes - to me it smells *just* like the sensual elixir. I am definitely getting a bottle because although I love the elixir and gel consistency, I sometimes wish I could spray it on - and now I can. It is $125 for 5oz, which is an expensive outlay, but per ounce, it is quite reasonable. It lasted about 3 hours on my wrist, so the staying power isn't incredible, but not too bad, especially since with such a large size, it encourages multiple sprays/touch ups. The bottle, of course, is beautiful.
edit: I finally got a bottle about a month ago - I really love it (even more than the elixir version). I expect this will be a go-to fragrance for me all summer. Oh, now that I have tried it more, I do notice some lemon in the top notes, but I love lemon, so I am happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a better version than Chanel no 5 Elixir Sensuelle.
it is lighter, fresher and great for the warm weather. In fact i see this an all year round fragrance. Much better than Chanel no 5 only because it doesn't suit me and this does! Definitely to try whether no 5 works or doesn't work for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

I can't really speak to the packaging, since I got mine in a split; I'll say "5" on assumption that it matches the other very nice Chanel packaging.

Now, on to what we REALLY care about: the 'fume has a LEMON topnote! How odd and wonderful! You wouldn't think that lemon would match #5 well at all, but it does, and beautifully. This is a very fresh lemon with a lot of the peel, and it starts in the top and stays floating in the heart notes. EP is also slightly muskier, softer, and the spices are muted. There isn't that sharp POW of aldehyde and myrrh, and I'm not missing it. That isn't to say #5 is flawed, but EP is quite lovely and not in the least a "lesser" version.

I have to admit, I grudge this good review. I'm not generally one for flankers, mostly because they usually bear no resemblence at all to the product they purport to flank (Allure, Envy, Miss Dior, Pleasures... I'm speaking to YOU!). But EP, well, it IS a variation on #5 and if it were released in any other way, with any other name, I'd be crying "RIPOFF! -- COPY of #5!" and my irritation might even prevent me from noticing how nice EP actually is.

If you are a #5-o-phobe, wanted to like it but couldn't, are new to 'fume, are a #5 fanatic, or a Chanel fanatic, you'll want to get your paws on at least a sample of this. It's gorgeous AND interesting. Now, the next question is, given how well the lemon moves in EP, what happens if you layer lemon on top actual #5?...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Perfumefan

Oh my, this is beautiful. A lighter, less aldehydic, less powdery, sweeter take on the original no. 5. It's sheerer, more floral (ylang ylang?) and utterly soft and feminine. This version seems more modern to me than the original no. 5, which can be a bad or a good thing, depending on your tastes I guess. Great lasting power and ditto sillage: be prepared for compliments galore!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

WHEN will this return? I am so excited to purchase a full bottle! This is utterly gorgeous. It's warm, elegant, feminine, sensual, and it doesn't develop the mothball accord on my skin that inevitably emerges from Chanel No. 5 edt. Instead, the basenotes radiate a dry vanilla that works beautifully with the lush topnotes, and balances the aldehydic notes. Eau Première smells the way I've always dreamed Chanel No. 5 would smell on my skin. It melts into it, and becomes something magical, and irresistible.