Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Thanks goodness this finally made it to the stores. I have been waiting since last year to sang my bottle after receiving a sample. I just recently started getting into Chanel fragrances ( Chance eau Fraiche, CoCo and Madamoselle) and I'm loving them for different reasons. This scent I think may become my signature and definately can wear year around. Much lighter and softer than original No.5 and I believe will be better suited for a wider age group. I love the drydown on my skin its lightly scented and smells even better as the day goes on. The price may scare some away but for the amount, the value and quality, plus the compliments you will receive will make up for the splurge. :-) Hope shower gel, powder or body veil will follow. Chanel has a winner with this one!

Tip for fragrance fans: Spritz some of your favorite perfume with unscented lotion and create your own.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I JUST GOT THIS AS A GIFT...AND IM LOVING IT! NICE CLASSY DAYTIME SCENT.....I HATE THE FIRST ONE...OF 5 BUT, PREMIERE IS VERY CLEAN AND LIGHTLY POWDERY ON MY SKIN AND VERY WOMANLY. NICE SCENT AND I DID WISH THEY HAD A LOTION AND SHOWER GEL WITH IT. VERY PRETTY . LOV IT. OH....AND LADIES THIS DOES NOT SMELL CHEAP AT ALL . ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT WAY IS TRIPPIN OR SMOKIN DOPE.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been waiting for this to come out since last year and finally they got it at Nordies. With 150ml you get a lot for your money ($125). The bottle is sooo pretty, and I got a free 5ml miniature sized bottle that looks exactly like the big one that I carry in my purse. I wanted to love the orig No 5 but I feel it is too strong for my taste, but this one is just perfect. I love strong, not fresh-smelling, classic scents and Eau Premiere smells so classic without being too strong. The scent lasts about half day and I have to spray again. Well maybe that is just me since I love the smell of this, I cannot get enough. I used to wear Narciso Rodriguez EDP, but now this is my new favorite and becoming a signature scent for me.

I have a huge bottle of #5 that a fellow MUA-er sent me, but it smells too sharp and old-ladyish on my skin. But I loved the Elixer (sp?) and when this newer version of # 5 came out, I fell in love with it. It smells very warm, sophisticated, and youthful on my pale skin...I ran out to the mall yesterday to buy a bottle and didn't even care that the price was so high! ($125). This bottle should last me for years...I love the idea that Chanel is trying to update some of these classic fragrances. Here's to hoping they come out with even more versions of #5.

My God, I am in love. I am wayy below the target audience for this (No. 5 and 16 year olds don't mix, generally), but I adoree perfume- most girls my age go for shoes and hair products, I'm a perfume lover.
My grandmother wears No. 5, so I have fond memories of it- I tried wearing it once and hated it. I received a sample of this and was hesitant to try it-but since it was after school and I wasn't going anywhere, I decided to try it. To my surprise, I found that I loved it! It's a bit powdery, which generally I don't like.
It's feminine and light, and I can't see this really offending anyone. It's fresh and floral, and although $125 is quite a lot for me to pay for a perfume, I would be delighted to receive this as a gift(:

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is simply marvelous! It's so beautiful that it makes me laugh out loud at Chanel's ability to update timelessness. It's No. 5 taken out of the mothballs and given a nip, a tuck and fresh airing out.

Don't get me wrong, I love and respect the original. But with a little more ylang ylang, less jasmine, a subtle citrus note and a bit of vanilla in the drydown, Chanel has created one terrific flanker. I know it's an update, but this captures my memory of the 80's version of the original. I wondered why suddenly in the late 80's No. 5 EDT didn't smell right on me. Then, I heard through the grapevine that Chanel had changed the type of alcohol used in US exports. Though it's really more like an EDT concentration, the sillage is excellent in this "EDP" version. It's subtle, but the fragrance lasts for HOURS. Wear a little at the base of your throat. I can still smell it on my turtleneck eight hours after spraying it on this morning. On me, it's quite linear and will work in all seasons. DH loves it and always gives me a big hug and sniffs my neck when I'm near him wearing this.

I bought a bottle at Saks very recently. Neiman Marcus also has it. At $125 for 5 oz (150 ml) it's a relative bargain.

I'm having the hardest time finding this perfume. Can I say that I LOVE Chanel Premiere????? I was totally hooked once I laid my nose on it. This will be my signature fragrance from now on... but where can I purchase this? I just saw Nordstrom selling them on their site like a few days ago and I don't see it anymore. I also don't see on other sites such as Saks, Chanel, Macy's or Dillards...etc. They advertise in fashion magazines yet I don't see them selling anywhere except on ebay. Does anyone know where I can buy this perfume? Aren't they available for purchase by now? Please help me cause I can't wait much longer.

Chanel No. 5 is probably my favorite perfume. I was thrilled to try the new Eau Premiere. I found it recently at Dillards and bought the full bottle. It is a 5 oz bottle which is a ton of product so the price I thought was fair. It comes in a typically chic Chanel bottle. The formulation is eau de parfum. On me this has great lasting power. It is a softer more wearable version of the original. I live in a very hot climate and while I love the original, I can only wear it in the winter. Otherwise it's just too much. This is a year round scent and I don't have to worry about over-spraying. It really is lovely and a fresh twist on the original without straying too far.

I will definitely wear this daily and to the office without it being too strong. I also find that the scent stays closer my skin than the other version which has stronger sillage. It is definitely worth a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just found this at a Macy's last night - it's back - and I was so excited since I love the no. 5 elixir, but I am not so crazy about the edt or edp. I didn't get much lemon in the top notes - to me it smells *just* like the sensual elixir. I am definitely getting a bottle because although I love the elixir and gel consistency, I sometimes wish I could spray it on - and now I can. It is $125 for 5oz, which is an expensive outlay, but per ounce, it is quite reasonable. It lasted about 3 hours on my wrist, so the staying power isn't incredible, but not too bad, especially since with such a large size, it encourages multiple sprays/touch ups. The bottle, of course, is beautiful.
edit: I finally got a bottle about a month ago - I really love it (even more than the elixir version). I expect this will be a go-to fragrance for me all summer. Oh, now that I have tried it more, I do notice some lemon in the top notes, but I love lemon, so I am happy.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a better version than Chanel no 5 Elixir Sensuelle.
it is lighter, fresher and great for the warm weather. In fact i see this an all year round fragrance. Much better than Chanel no 5 only because it doesn't suit me and this does! Definitely to try whether no 5 works or doesn't work for you.

Popular Fragrances