July 30, 2014 | 1940 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by sexy007

I'm having the hardest time finding this perfume. Can I say that I LOVE Chanel Premiere????? I was totally hooked once I laid my nose on it. This will be my signature fragrance from now on... but where can I purchase this? I just saw Nordstrom selling them on their site like a few days ago and I don't see it anymore. I also don't see on other sites such as Saks, Chanel, Macy's or Dillards...etc. They advertise in fashion magazines yet I don't see them selling anywhere except on ebay. Does anyone know where I can buy this perfume? Aren't they available for purchase by now? Please help me cause I can't wait much longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Chanel No. 5 is probably my favorite perfume. I was thrilled to try the new Eau Premiere. I found it recently at Dillards and bought the full bottle. It is a 5 oz bottle which is a ton of product so the price I thought was fair. It comes in a typically chic Chanel bottle. The formulation is eau de parfum. On me this has great lasting power. It is a softer more wearable version of the original. I live in a very hot climate and while I love the original, I can only wear it in the winter. Otherwise it's just too much. This is a year round scent and I don't have to worry about over-spraying. It really is lovely and a fresh twist on the original without straying too far.

I will definitely wear this daily and to the office without it being too strong. I also find that the scent stays closer my skin than the other version which has stronger sillage. It is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ginnygordon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just found this at a Macy's last night - it's back - and I was so excited since I love the no. 5 elixir, but I am not so crazy about the edt or edp. I didn't get much lemon in the top notes - to me it smells *just* like the sensual elixir. I am definitely getting a bottle because although I love the elixir and gel consistency, I sometimes wish I could spray it on - and now I can. It is $125 for 5oz, which is an expensive outlay, but per ounce, it is quite reasonable. It lasted about 3 hours on my wrist, so the staying power isn't incredible, but not too bad, especially since with such a large size, it encourages multiple sprays/touch ups. The bottle, of course, is beautiful.
edit: I finally got a bottle about a month ago - I really love it (even more than the elixir version). I expect this will be a go-to fragrance for me all summer. Oh, now that I have tried it more, I do notice some lemon in the top notes, but I love lemon, so I am happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a better version than Chanel no 5 Elixir Sensuelle.
it is lighter, fresher and great for the warm weather. In fact i see this an all year round fragrance. Much better than Chanel no 5 only because it doesn't suit me and this does! Definitely to try whether no 5 works or doesn't work for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

I can't really speak to the packaging, since I got mine in a split; I'll say "5" on assumption that it matches the other very nice Chanel packaging.

Now, on to what we REALLY care about: the 'fume has a LEMON topnote! How odd and wonderful! You wouldn't think that lemon would match #5 well at all, but it does, and beautifully. This is a very fresh lemon with a lot of the peel, and it starts in the top and stays floating in the heart notes. EP is also slightly muskier, softer, and the spices are muted. There isn't that sharp POW of aldehyde and myrrh, and I'm not missing it. That isn't to say #5 is flawed, but EP is quite lovely and not in the least a "lesser" version.

I have to admit, I grudge this good review. I'm not generally one for flankers, mostly because they usually bear no resemblence at all to the product they purport to flank (Allure, Envy, Miss Dior, Pleasures... I'm speaking to YOU!). But EP, well, it IS a variation on #5 and if it were released in any other way, with any other name, I'd be crying "RIPOFF! -- COPY of #5!" and my irritation might even prevent me from noticing how nice EP actually is.

If you are a #5-o-phobe, wanted to like it but couldn't, are new to 'fume, are a #5 fanatic, or a Chanel fanatic, you'll want to get your paws on at least a sample of this. It's gorgeous AND interesting. Now, the next question is, given how well the lemon moves in EP, what happens if you layer lemon on top actual #5?...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Perfumefan

Oh my, this is beautiful. A lighter, less aldehydic, less powdery, sweeter take on the original no. 5. It's sheerer, more floral (ylang ylang?) and utterly soft and feminine. This version seems more modern to me than the original no. 5, which can be a bad or a good thing, depending on your tastes I guess. Great lasting power and ditto sillage: be prepared for compliments galore!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

WHEN will this return? I am so excited to purchase a full bottle! This is utterly gorgeous. It's warm, elegant, feminine, sensual, and it doesn't develop the mothball accord on my skin that inevitably emerges from Chanel No. 5 edt. Instead, the basenotes radiate a dry vanilla that works beautifully with the lush topnotes, and balances the aldehydic notes. Eau Première smells the way I've always dreamed Chanel No. 5 would smell on my skin. It melts into it, and becomes something magical, and irresistible.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Angela1013

No. 5 Premiere, I like this alot more than the regular No.5. much more lively in a relaxed sort of way...lol. Not in your face the way No.5 is. This is a more youthful version thats for sure. Its easy on the nose but you still know its a Chanel. No. 5 with a kick! and for the better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by tara3056

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was lucky enough to snag a bottle of this even though Saks returned their bottles to Chanel to fix a problem with the caps - Eau Premiere is expected to be re-released in mid-2008, from what I've heard. In any case, I love, love, love Eau Premiere! I've tried fragrances from countless niche perfumers, but Chanel is the house that consistently works the best on me. I only really love their lesser-known scents, though, most especially Bois des Iles and Chanel no. 22. I'm not afraid of aldehydes, and I enjoy the original no. 5, but it doesn't thrill me like BdI and 22. I admire it, but don't often find myself wanting to wear it.

Not so with No. 5 Eau Premiere. I've been wearing this every day since I got it last week and I love it! I think it will be even more perfect when the weather warms up a bit. It's lighter than the original no. 5, but warmer too. It takes away the cold perfection of the original and replaces it with a still-elegant but slightly warmer floral accord and tones down the aldehydes a bit too. It has nice sillage, but the lasting power (it is an EDP) is only so-so on me. I can smell it on my wrist 6-7 hours after applying, but I have to really put my wrist as closely as I can to my nose to detect it. Eau Premiere reminds me a LOT of Chanel 22 in fact. I think I always liked 22, the parfum version of it at least - the edt is different, because it was in the same family/vein as No. 5, but warmer.

One thing that surprised me about Eau Premiere is the drydown. When it has dried down to the point that it's completely soft and barely detectable, I get the most amazing pure Grasse jasmine note to the exclusion of most of the other notes that were in harmony with the jasmine earlier. It's one of the best jasmines I've ever smelled, with absoluetly no dirty or animalic hint, just beautiful, realistic, soft jasmine with the tiniest touch of powder. I love it!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by erika511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Being a Chanel No 5 lover, I expected to really hit it off with the Eau Premiere...but alas, I have to admit that I enjoy the original better. This is a nice change of pace, being light and airy though, good for spring. This would be a good introduction for younger girls to the classsic Chanels also, it's like No 5 was cut in half and all the top notes and some of the florals remain along with a splash of champagne. Eau premiere is a sparkling white wine while No 5 is a full bodied merlot, I guess it depends whether you like white or red!!! I will probably keep a larger decant on hand, but I woun't be buying a full bottle.