September 30, 2014 | 1851 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by classicsoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore this in college and liked it at the time, but I have to agree with the others who say its dated and its so 1980's. EVERYONE wore this and since it IS so strong, that's basically all you smelled for a good decade. Overkill.
Now, it just seems tacky and the opposite of subtle.

'Sexiness' invokes an air of mystery, a cefrtain aloofness. There is nothing mysterious about this...it SCREAMS "Here I am." If wearing pantyhose with open toed sandals had a scent, this would be it. TACKY.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2005 10:42:00 PM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When a person has found her fragrance, she'll know. This wasn't mine. It wasn't most people's, but that didn't keep everyone from wearing it when it was THE in fragrance. I sampled a friend's and knew it wouldn't work for me. On her it smelled sexy, musky and low-key. On me it smelled like I had sweated and rolled around in the dirt. Just not my thing. On me, putrid. On those for whom it works, divine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

GROSS, that is all I have to say!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 10:22:00 PM More reviews by auras

OMG no, this is so strong it makes me sick, and think about there are women wearing this in the middle of summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried to like this EDP, but apparently, it does not work with my body chemistry. The coriander and oakmoss drown out the rest of the fragrance. But I can't give it a terrible rating, because it often smells great on other women, especially when they do not apply it with a garden hose. Moderation, ladies....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by roseamber

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have an enduring love for Obsession and I think it's one of the best fragrances in the world. Many fragrances have been inspired by Obsession, but none have achieved its individuality. This fragrance is pointedly feminine, and indirectly sexy. It doesn't scream "sex" but, instead, seduces. I wore this in the late 80s and I clearly remember shrugging my shoulders to get whiffs of it. It got compliments all the time then, and it gets compliments all the time now. I've noticed that neither Obsession nor Lou Lou inspire the instant recognition they once did, and I'm glad about this. I like hearing that I smell good rather than "Are you wearing Obsession?" Obsession, like Shalimar and Chanel No. 5, is romantically classy, and so absolutely pretty that nearly everyone can wear it. It does need to be applied with a light hand, though, or the powdery freshness goes away and a strong cologne-type smell emerges causing migraines. Obsession can be worn year-round, but it's best in cool weather. It's as comfortable with a little black dress as it is with jeans and a sweater. Top Notes: Mandarin, Bergamot, Jasmine, Rose, Orange Blossom. Middle Notes: Coriander, Geranium, Sandal. Base Notes: Vanilla, Amber, Incense, Vetiver, Oakmoss.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2005 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Kymmycakes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this fragrance, and always get stopped by people to find out what I'm wearing. . . .Will always wear this - as I try other perfumes, but always come back to this one. . . . .Guys love this scent. . . . . .

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by badjuju813

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YECH! I know it is my body chemistry that does this, but this smells like I sprayed a can of Raid bug spray on! I will never try this again, And it is a shame since someone bought me a large gift set for my birthday. Gave it away the next day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2005 4:38:00 PM More reviews by col6848

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My roommate in college one year Always wore this perfume. I liked it on her so I tried it myself one day. After an hour, I had such a headache I had to leave class and go home and shower. And that was just one spritz on my arm. Now the thought of this perfume makes me sick. I can't stand it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 11:46:00 AM More reviews by AnnieHockeyWife

I have been using Obsession since 1989. And no, I don't wear stonewashed jeans and listen to hair bands, heh heh. I keep using Obsession because it works really well with my body's chemistry. I've tried all the classics: Chanel no. 5 (I smelled like old ladies), Joy de Jean Patou (I smelled like wealthy old ladies), Shalimar (waay too powdery on me), and countless others. Obsession comes on strong in the first 10 minutes, but it fades to a light, warm and sexy scent which lasts all day. I think the scent attracts men, because I've had several men (strangers and lovers) tell me I smell great. Funny, my mother doesn't like the smell of Obsession. I just tell her that I don't wear this perfume to attract middle-aged women! The men love it, but most importantly, I adore it.