Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

I love this perfume. The drydown is warm and musky and very comforting to wear in winter. I get loads of compliments from men when I wear this perfume. I used to wear it in the 80s and only rediscovered it a couple of years ago. Back in the 80s the only problem with it was that so many people wore it and it is definitely not a perfume that suits everyone. It also needs to be applied with a light hand. Not one to wear in summer

I loved this years ago. It is not for me. However it smells fantastic on my aunt. She one of those attractive mature women who really make a statement. She needs a fragrance as strong as she is.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Obsession has been on the market for a long and I had not yet purchased it, however since I love strong perfumes, I thought I would give it a go. The packaging less and impressive, it looks like those rip-off perfumes that you get in pound shops with names like “Poizon” and “Possession.” The first thing that hits you about the scent is this kind of harsh slightly acidic tang which if you done a few sprays can grate the back of your throat. It does settle down and I found that with my warm body chemistry and very oily skin it fades to a pleasing if overtly musky base scent. However I would not wear it …rather overlay it with something bright and sweet once the tang has worn off. One thing though it does last, I put it on the morning and when I undress at night I can still catch traces. I wouldn't buy it again.

I don't really like strong fragrances but I acctually like this one in really small portions!! Like a tiny drop on the wrist and then rub it in... that way its not so strong but still spicy and nice, especially for winter.

It was a hit in its day and a real attention grabber! I loved it back in the late 80's. I think this scent is passe. It's like a song you like and repeat over and over again. Then oneday, you just can't stand the notes. CK Eternity, along with its limited editions, will be around much longer just because it doesn't make such a strong statement.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wore this in college and liked it at the time, but I have to agree with the others who say its dated and its so 1980's. EVERYONE wore this and since it IS so strong, that's basically all you smelled for a good decade. Overkill.
Now, it just seems tacky and the opposite of subtle.

'Sexiness' invokes an air of mystery, a cefrtain aloofness. There is nothing mysterious about this...it SCREAMS "Here I am." If wearing pantyhose with open toed sandals had a scent, this would be it. TACKY.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When a person has found her fragrance, she'll know. This wasn't mine. It wasn't most people's, but that didn't keep everyone from wearing it when it was THE in fragrance. I sampled a friend's and knew it wouldn't work for me. On her it smelled sexy, musky and low-key. On me it smelled like I had sweated and rolled around in the dirt. Just not my thing. On me, putrid. On those for whom it works, divine.

GROSS, that is all I have to say!

OMG no, this is so strong it makes me sick, and think about there are women wearing this in the middle of summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've tried to like this EDP, but apparently, it does not work with my body chemistry. The coriander and oakmoss drown out the rest of the fragrance. But I can't give it a terrible rating, because it often smells great on other women, especially when they do not apply it with a garden hose. Moderation, ladies....

Popular Fragrances