Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

I don't really like strong fragrances but I acctually like this one in really small portions!! Like a tiny drop on the wrist and then rub it in... that way its not so strong but still spicy and nice, especially for winter.

on 10/29/2005 5:20:00 AM

It was a hit in its day and a real attention grabber! I loved it back in the late 80's. I think this scent is passe. It's like a song you like and repeat over and over again. Then oneday, you just can't stand the notes. CK Eternity, along with its limited editions, will be around much longer just because it doesn't make such a strong statement.

on 10/13/2005 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wore this in college and liked it at the time, but I have to agree with the others who say its dated and its so 1980's. EVERYONE wore this and since it IS so strong, that's basically all you smelled for a good decade. Overkill.
Now, it just seems tacky and the opposite of subtle.

'Sexiness' invokes an air of mystery, a cefrtain aloofness. There is nothing mysterious about this...it SCREAMS "Here I am." If wearing pantyhose with open toed sandals had a scent, this would be it. TACKY.

on 10/4/2005 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When a person has found her fragrance, she'll know. This wasn't mine. It wasn't most people's, but that didn't keep everyone from wearing it when it was THE in fragrance. I sampled a friend's and knew it wouldn't work for me. On her it smelled sexy, musky and low-key. On me it smelled like I had sweated and rolled around in the dirt. Just not my thing. On me, putrid. On those for whom it works, divine.

on 9/12/2005 11:51:00 PM

GROSS, that is all I have to say!

on 9/8/2005 10:22:00 PM

OMG no, this is so strong it makes me sick, and think about there are women wearing this in the middle of summer.

on 8/28/2005 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've tried to like this EDP, but apparently, it does not work with my body chemistry. The coriander and oakmoss drown out the rest of the fragrance. But I can't give it a terrible rating, because it often smells great on other women, especially when they do not apply it with a garden hose. Moderation, ladies....

on 8/16/2005 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have an enduring love for Obsession and I think it's one of the best fragrances in the world. Many fragrances have been inspired by Obsession, but none have achieved its individuality. This fragrance is pointedly feminine, and indirectly sexy. It doesn't scream "sex" but, instead, seduces. I wore this in the late 80s and I clearly remember shrugging my shoulders to get whiffs of it. It got compliments all the time then, and it gets compliments all the time now. I've noticed that neither Obsession nor Lou Lou inspire the instant recognition they once did, and I'm glad about this. I like hearing that I smell good rather than "Are you wearing Obsession?" Obsession, like Shalimar and Chanel No. 5, is romantically classy, and so absolutely pretty that nearly everyone can wear it. It does need to be applied with a light hand, though, or the powdery freshness goes away and a strong cologne-type smell emerges causing migraines. Obsession can be worn year-round, but it's best in cool weather. It's as comfortable with a little black dress as it is with jeans and a sweater. Top Notes: Mandarin, Bergamot, Jasmine, Rose, Orange Blossom. Middle Notes: Coriander, Geranium, Sandal. Base Notes: Vanilla, Amber, Incense, Vetiver, Oakmoss.

on 8/6/2005 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this fragrance, and always get stopped by people to find out what I'm wearing. . . .Will always wear this - as I try other perfumes, but always come back to this one. . . . .Guys love this scent. . . . . .

on 7/12/2005 4:06:00 PM

YECH! I know it is my body chemistry that does this, but this smells like I sprayed a can of Raid bug spray on! I will never try this again, And it is a shame since someone bought me a large gift set for my birthday. Gave it away the next day.

Popular Fragrances