December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff works simple! I take 5000mg a day and it makes my hair grow much faster than usual, almost 50% more.

The only downfall is the break outs, drinking loads of water use an anti bac face wash and you should be fine.

I will never stop taking biotin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. I bought it for my hair after an atrociously short haircut... no offense to people with short hair, but it just looks horrid on me! I picked this up at Whole Foods... and of course, I chose the Whole Foods brand as it was the cheapest there. The capsules are vegetarian, which is a bonus for me.
Anyway, results. I have NOT seen MIRACULOUS results. I've seen good results, however. My hair didn't grow six inches in a month, it probably grew the same amount as it always does. I have noticed that my hair is somewhat stronger, however. Which means less split ends. I have noticed the best results in my nails, they use to be brittle and just plain crappy but now they can grow fairly long without breaking off or chipping.
My skin did have somewhat of a negative reaction to the pill at first, but that was expected. I had a few cystic acne spots for the first two weeks... nothing I can't handle after going through my teen years. It hasn't made my skin amazing though, it's basically the same as always.
I should probably mention that I'm using a very small dose so that my body doesn't freak out too much, especially since I doooo have acne-prone skin that will just flare up if I change anything in my diet too drastically. I think most people take 1000 mcg or 5000 mcg, I actually take ONE 500 mcg pill a day. It's not very much, but I figure I can just up the dosage steadily if I feel the need to after this bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Annie225

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the Sundown brand (1000 mcg) which I started more than a year ago. I bought it for my hair, of which I haven't noticed a difference, but it made my nails go from brittle to strong at the end of two months - I believe it thickened up my nail. In the past, my nails would never grow past the tip, and as short as they were, polish used to chip within a day. Now a manicure lasts 3/4 days with an inexpensive polish like Wet 'n Wild. I know this brand works for my body chemistry because I switched to another brand, thinking they were all the same, and within months my nails were back to their typical brittle self. I have never had an acne problem using this brand or the other one - I guess different people react to things differently. Before you write biotin off, if you have experienced problems with it, I would suggest switching to another brand first.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Eyebrows grow out so slowly since hair grows in cycles, but I do think that this is helping mine to fill in. It's always so much easier to notice physical changes in other people rather than the ones that are happening to yourself. However, I do think that my brows look thicker and the ends are also growing in some.

I have been taking Biotin for the last couple of months or so. Besides the eyebrows, it seems that the hair on my head is growing faster since the roots are showing faster than they used to.

I am going to continue taking Biotin and will come back with any updates.

*UPDATE* It is now October 22nd. My eyebrows are still very slowly coming along but this update is really about my hair and eyelashes. My hair is growing like gangbusters and I'm having to touch up my roots quite often now, like every two weeks or so. But the real miracle is what Biotin is doing for my eyelashes. My upper eyelashes have always been fairly long but not very thick. Now they are not only long but they're also becoming quite full and curl up very nicely. Even my lower lashes are growing quite long. When I apply my Great Lash Big mascara - wow, my eyelashes look quite impressive!

Since my eyebrows still leave a lot to be desired, I have recently started taking 10 Folic Acid tablets with one B-Complex in the morning with food and then another 10 Folic Acid tablets with another B-Complex in the evening. I've read that this amount and combination helps with eyebrow growth. So let's see what the Biotin together with the Folic Acid and B-Complex does. I'll be back with the results.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

I just finished a 5000mcg bottle of biotin that I've been taking for 2months, but I haven't seen any difference in my hair whatsoever, but my nails have grown longer than they were capable of before.
It didn't break me out since I took the softgels, which don't contain the same fillers as the normal pills. Those fillers are what causes breakouts, not the biotin.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Spring Valley:
When I take these daily, I have noticeably less hair fallout. I've recently been neglecting them and I'm losing hair like before. I alternate it with the Hair, Skin & Nails (neither break me out). I don't keep track of growth and I'm not sure about its effects on skin, but my nails seemed stronger.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by blondie22

I have bought 1000mcg biotin pills, and have been taking them for about a couple weeks now, almost every day. My hair usually grows at a snail pase, but since I started using biotin, I feel that it has made a big difference and that my hair has already grown visibly. However, I have also noticed tiny bumbs around my chin and jaw area, where I rearely get breaks out. I am hoping that this will stop when my body adjusts to the pill, but I'm also worried about the breakouts getting worse and not going away soon.
I will continue using for another week or two and will update with results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by orangeorn

It helped me when I was loosing hair due to unknown reasons. But It made my body hair thicker too LOL

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was taking the 1000mcg & I've heard you should be taking 5000. Well just the 1000mcg broke me out with under the surface acne that hurts to touch, within the next day. Literally. I'm sad because i was excited to have long thick nails & same for my hair. Anyone should try it & see if it works for them. I got a bottle for $3 at walmart.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jnetteN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using after I read it would promote hair growth. And boy oh boy did it work and still working. In the past 4 weeks my hair has grown at least an inch. I am amazed because I have very fine thin limp hair that I've used foil hilights for many years. I put a lot of effort into keeping it as healthy so it's not friend but it just would grow. My hair was sitting on my shoulders now it's a good inch blow.

The downfall, it did break me out bad for the first few weeks. But since than my face has cleared. Im thinking my body just had to adjust to the dose. I take 5000 mgs a day, 3 at night and 2 in the morning.