April 20, 2014 | 1617 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by QWERTY2345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As instructed by the label, I've been leaving the gel (in the mouth guard) on my teeth for 5 minutes per day, twice each day. It states to do this for 2 consecutive weeks. It's been 1.5 weeks now and there is absolutely no change. Oh well, at least it was cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by domokunnies

This is one of the cheapest whitening kits money can buy but most importantly it actually works! Directions say give it 2 weeks, and it's been just about 2 weeks and I've noticed a dramatic change in color. I've been using it twice a day for 30 or so minutes. For the record, I've never thought twice about the color of my teeth until I went to my dentist for a crown. He recommended that I bleach my teeth and I picked up this kit from Walgreens, which was having a 50% off sale, pricing this kit at around 5 dollars. The kit includes: mouth piece, gel, and tarter free mouthwash. The mouthwash itself isn't too bad, it's actually quite refreshing to use prior to whitening. What works is to apply the gel with a qtip then use the mouth piece to keep the gel pressed upon your teeth; the physical contact is essential in getting this product to work. My dentist tells me this kit is safe to use, even though I have weak enamel. I used an anti-sensitivity toothpaste a week prior to using this kit and so far have noticed no teeth sensitivity.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

Just started using this! On day 3.. will update soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by SarahKatie

This is amazing! For as cheap as it is, I expected it not to work, but then I saw it on my cousin's counter and she has incredibly white teeth, so I figured I would give it a try. Well, the results are amazing. One use and I noticed a difference, a few days use and I noticed a big difference. One week and my teeth were as white as I would expected them to be after a professional cleaning. One thing I recommend is getting the full kit. The rinse that comes with it is worthless, but the mouth-tray is a must have. I don't understand how the product would stay on your teeth otherwise. The full kit is more money, but trust me, it is worth it for the tray. I did notice after a few days of 10 minute use (contrary to the name, the tube recommends 10 minute treatments for the first few days if your teeth are heavily stained), I felt a twinge of pain in my teeth. I cut down to 5 minutes each night and there was never another problem. This is truly the best thing on the market. I would even go to say it is better than professional whitening, which I personally have never had done, but I used to work in a dentists office. Patients who payed $600 an arch for professional whitening did not look as good as my teeth looked after a week of using my $5 tube.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 8 months and I love it. I'm an occasional smoker and I can tell that after I've been smoking my teeth look a bit yellow, I use this once a week for 15-20 minutes and I can see results immediately after I remove it! I've used Crest Whitestrips and they don't even compare to this, and it's probably 1/6 of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jillianne821

I tried this and I'm only on my second day, but so far I'm disappointed. I can't really tell the difference, but i will continue to use this until I run out. I will update accordingly if any changes occur.

If anybody has any tips for me on how to use this stuff, please message me. Did any of you use it for a while (like a week or more) before you started noticing anything?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by pandora0646

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say I am very dissapointed with this product - especially with all the wonderful reviews on it here. I have been using this for around a week and a half now. I apply it with a Q-tip, then leave it on for about 10-15 minutes with my specially made teeth mold to keep the gel on. I still have yellowed teeth - they just still look dingy. Basically, they still look the same color they did when I began using this. I have also tried professional at-home whitening gel and crest whitestrips and my teeth refuse to get lighter. Perhaps my teeth are resistant to whitening? :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a system that was easy, didn't make me feel clausterphobic and gaggy, and actually worked as I am going on a vacation to LA next month. I drink alot of coffee and I feel like that was dulling my teeth. So based on the reviews here I got this - and I am so glad I did! It was about 7 bucks for the large tube of whitening gel. I painted it on my teeth with a q-tip and let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinsed. I did that again the next night, then did 5 minutes twice per day for a couple weeks. My teeth are definitely white again! I love how this doesn't cause any irritation and doesn't have those annoying strips that never seem to work right. It's also takes way less time - I can actually whiten my teeth noticeably while I shower every day and take off my make up at night. I could talk and swallow and everything with the gel on my teeth, I am so glad to have finally found an actual whitening product that I can tolerate! I will definitely repurchase this one!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been roaming Walmart for a while now looking for a good whitener. I've used gels designed to apply right to the teeth, but since I had trays made to fit my teeth, I put them on to hold the gel in place. I've always overlooked this, it's one of those "too good to be true" gimics that would either not work or make my teeth sensitive. When I hopped on MUA, I ran across the review by accident, and was surprised to see that everyone answered "yes" to would you buy this product again. I gave it a shot, and bought the kit including the rinse, guard, and gel for $6.98 or so. I just got done using it for the first time. The rinse I'm a little uneasy about it. It taste kind of like you're rinsing with a chemical that will potentially kill you. That's ok, it made my teeth feel very clean. I put the gel on with a Q-Tip, and then put the guard on top for 15 minutes. The guard is a little awkward to use, but works very well, I could even swallow with it in! After the 15 minutes, I rinsed off the gel and although I didn't notice much of a change, my teeth seemed a little brighter (not really whiter, if that makes sense). I'll have to update after the full two weeks is up.

Edit: One week in, and my teeth are a lot whiter. I've even got a couple compliments from people at work!

Edit 2: About two weeks in. My teeth look beautiful! I even skipped two days inbetween, and they still look great!

Edit 3: I stopped using this after my second edit, as my teeth were significantly whiter and I didn't think I needed it anymore. It's now a month after I stopped using it, and my teeth are still gleaming!

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried all kinds of whitening products over the years, few if any really worked well. All made my teeth sensitive. Crest white Strips were the most painful. You couldn't pay me to use those again! Whitening toothpastes are a nice idea, but don't work any better than regular toothpaste. After reading reviews here, I decided to spend the big $7 and give Plus White shot. I'm so glad I did! It actually works - really well and it's pain free! I have zero complaints about this product. It's a big tube and lasts a long time. What's a little mess, just use less. Rinse well. No big deal. For $7 this is a steal. Just put a little in the soft pliable tray; don't go all the way to the ends; just enough for the center top & bottom. Put it in and make sure the gel squishes up to cover the whole tooth and let it sit per package directions. Rinse and you're done. No pain and after a few days, whiter teeth. Make sure you brush your teeth prior to using, it'll work better.
I'll definitely repurchase and I highly recommend you try it!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No