MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 2/17/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love and hate this foundation. I love that it makes my skin luminescent, dewy, glowy- it never looks like you have foundation on, which is what I want... The downfall it breaks me out, terribly, and no matter how many times I ditch this on my makeup counter and come back to it, it still breaks me out, over and over again... You would think after a few rounds I'd learn but I havent... If your skin can tolerate this stuff and you're looking for a no makeup foundation this is your gem, if you are sensitive, acne prone in any capacity get a sample first and hope you get lucky. I want to get a sample of the mufe face and body and see how my skin reacts there!

on 2/17/2014 2:55:00 AM

very nice foundation for my sensitive, dry, "maturing" (post-40) skin. watery, easy to apply, light coverage that sinks in and looks invisibly luminous/healthy. by the end of the day it fades rather than turning into a clay mask that highlights each pore.

most important for me is that there is NO sunscreen. i have a light-induced sunscreen allergy to octinoxate, plus heat-unhappiness with titanium dioxide. this makes buying foundation a challenge. i've tried estee lauder's invisible fluid (fantastic, a bit longer-wearing than mac f&b, but started turning orange-ish after a few months), chanel perfection lumiere (not so perfect after 6 hours), and laura mercier silk (too thick, not sure what i was thinking).

there's a chance that my face is becoming unhappy with this, in which case i might buy the vastly more expensive estee lauder, even though it goes awry before i finish the bottle (el $38/1 oz vs. mac $27/1.6 oz).

on 2/17/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I luv this.i have found 2 HG for me.this& Double Wear..now if they could have a baby I'd have all my bases covered..This is kinda runny but I expected it to be a lot runnier based off a lot of reviews.so that was nice suprize. mabey it's cause I just got it last week or Mabey cause I shook it up.idk ..I bought C2 as its feb(I might need C4 in summer as run the grommet of nc25-Nc35/37 depending on the season) so far it covers a lot better then i thought it would, thought I'd have to put on lots of layers.mabey cause I used a brush & not my fingers?(i put a lil drop straight on my brush,stippled& then lightly blended)It basically even up my skin& at first seemed a bit dewy & Mabey a tad bit tacky when I'd touch my face but after it set in it went away & looked very natural. It gave me a very good no makeup natural glow.perfect for summer& days were you might not be going out but still want to look somewhat put together.no line at all..I have a lot of blotchy redness on my cheeks&chin, large pores, dry nose corners that weren't aggravated by this&a few random small bumps (acne isn't a real problem 4 me but if it is for u &u wanna cover them you might need a bit of conceler or build it up it those spots more) This made it all look way better still could see a bit of blochyness ..I can't wait to try it in the summer & see if it's water resistant/proof as people say it is. I would wear this all summer& for days when double wear full face make up is too much for just folding laundry@home. I really like this& as with double wear I will repurchase when I get low (&that never happens)..what I find real amazing is that letting it sit, rubb a bit between your finger tips&then applying in small areas or blending/buff it makes the coverage change.so I can slap it on real quick for a very light coverage look or take my time/pour&wait& get an almost med without layering up. ive thined out heavier coverage foundations but never the oppisite.

on 2/16/2014 9:05:00 PM

Love love this product and use it on almost all of my clients! So lightweight with buildable coverage and looks like skin! Blurs imperfections without being cakey and has a dewy beautiful finish. Plus it's water resistant. I even use it on my legs to make them look tanner!

on 2/14/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This foundation is one of those foundations that you keep in your makeup bag regardless whether you like it or not, because it is one of those foundations that is great to just grab if you want something quick and easy to apply. Its coverage is mild and its consistency is watery, overall it doesn't sound like a good foundation, but it is, it is perfect and easy to apply. I knocked off a star from the review because of how messy it gets pouring it out of the bottle.

on 2/13/2014 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I use this daily now! I've switched from the Garnier combo/oily BB cream to this beauty! Doesn't make me break out and has a nice natural finish to it. I apply it with my fingers and my face looks flawless. Love this foundation! I use color C2 all year around.

Feels fresh and light. Blends easily and seems to just melt right into my skin. Lasts all day and gives me a pretty glow. It evens out my skin tone and has light coverage. It has a subtle orangey scent that fades away.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product not very long ago.... & I love it! I feel like the packaging is very travel friendly. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone how has clear skin, or someone who wants a wearable foundation for everyday, especially if you are younger and want something to wear to school. Mac Face & Body is a water-based foundation therefore it will feel and appear light on the skin. Would recommend to normal/combo/dry skin types, if you have oily skin I would recommend getting a sample first. The 120 ml. bottle is totally worth the price at $35 and the 50 ml. at $27.

on 2/11/2014 4:04:00 AM

I like this foundation. I only use it on my face though! It's easy to apply with my hands or if I need more of a finished look I use a brush and get my coverage. It's life weight almost like a tinter moisturizer or bb cream so I don't feel it on at all. Covers really really well! You can later it on as a concealer! I wish they did something about the packaging through like put a pump or something but it's still easy to control how much product you want with how it is. I haven't broken out with this infact my skin has improved using this and my pimples are finally going away :) it's a little pricey but I'll repurchase because it's a good foundation

on 2/9/2014 5:19:00 AM

I had the chance to work with this before and tried it on myself, too. For some people it works, okay, many love it, but it just doesn't appeal to me. Not just for oily skin but some of my normal skinned models looked way too shiny and greasy for my liking even with a very sheer application. Again, it might just be a certain type of skin, but I didn't like it on myself either, it just feels sticky unless you powder it a lot and then it just looks cakey. It looks nice on photographs however but for everyday wear it's not very comfortable. If you're one of those ladies who prefer this type of coverage, go for it, but I'm all about applying foundation only where it's an absolute must. Since this is one of MAC's lighter foundations I'm guessing the rest isn't for me either sadly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials