October 21, 2014 | 965 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was matched with C2 - and it's perfect. So much so that after applying it, I can hardly tell I have anything on at all. And I mean that literally - this isn't 'my skin but better.' Pores don't disappear, spots are still visible, shadows - forget it! it isn't velvety, or satiny, or dewy or matte. There's a barely discernible evening out, a slight, overall 'lift' - but other than that, I look precisely as I did before I applied it. In its favour however: it applies like a dream and other products (concealer, blush, powder) that you apply over it also apply beautifully - no blotching, no streaking, no caking, no horrible dry patches. And once everything else is on, the foundation seems to come into its own, providing an even, hydrated canvas for everything else. So I went from 'What on earth is all the fuss about' just after application, to 'Oh - that's rather nice' at the end. I find it works well with a neutral cream or liquid blush (Bobbi Brown Uber Beige Pot Rouge in my case), barely there cream eye shadow (Max Factor shadow pencil in Wild Caramel) and a natural lip (Vaseline Rosy Lips). As I have black lashes, mascara is optional, but that would probably finish the look. What impressed me was the price: I bought a 50ml bottle for £21.50. Not cheap, but compares well to the £28 or more for other higher end foundations. I also happen to *like* the plastic squeezy bottle it comes in. It's not aesthetically stunning, but it's fuss free and practical. No danger of breakages, light and travel friendly. I also love the fact that it is so hydrating and feels lovely on the skin. So yes - I'd definitely repurchase. I've been through 'em with foundations and bases - high end, drug store, powder, liquid, cream, BB, CC, tinted moisturiser... And - fortunately for my poor purse - this is Journey's End on the 'everyday base' for me. For fuller coverage, incidentally, I find Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation gives the high enders a run for their money. And for visible glow, I go for Clinique CC Cream. I've taken off one lippie because to my mind this isn't a foundation - more like a hybrid between skincare and make up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by shamelessme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My summer holy grail foundation!
I've recently been on the hunt for a great foundation to use in summer. I stumbled across 'Face and Body' due to its water-resistance, making it ideal for wear at the beach. I'm currently a NC20 and bought 'Face and Body' in the shade C2, which matches perfectly!
'Face and Body' is the first foundation I've ever used that looks 100% natural. When blended in, it looks exactly like my skin (but better). It has a beautiful finish and is very durable and long lasting. Additionally, it is a light coverage that can probably be built up to a medium coverage. As a regular beach-goer this is perfect for me because I want to have a bit of coverage when I'm at the beach, but not so much that I look like I'm going out clubbing. If you have problematic skin and want a full/heavy coverage, I would not recommend this foundation for you.

At the moment, due to a change in the weather and the stress of exams, my skin is combination. 'Face and Body' does not increase the oiliness of my skin in the slightest, whilst at the same time, does not patch over any dry spots. The dry spots aren't noticeable on my face in the slightest when I have the foundation on, so I highly recommend this for a person with slightly oily/dry skin. However, due to the finish of the foundation, I would not recommend this to anybody with very oily skin.

This foundation is also one of the best values for money you can get at MAC in terms of their foundations - $49 (AUD) for 50mL.

The only complaint I really have is that when I apply 'Face and Body' with a brush, it does tend to make the bristles quite 'gloopy', for lack of a better word. However, this should not be a problem if you regularly clean your brushes/opt for using your hands to apply the foundation instead.

In summary - this foundation is the perfect summer foundation and I will be using it daily for the duration of the season. I highly recommend it, particularly to those who want a light-medium coverage and still look natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite foundation of all time. This is sheer-light coverage, but can be built up. It has a dewy finish. Evens out skintone amazingly. It won't cover anything major, but it gets rid of redness really well. If you have nice skin and just want to even things out, this is perfect. Also the amount you get is more than the average foundation. (They have 50 ml and 120 ml bottles)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my humble review of an obviously-well-reviewed product! I know my words won't change much, but I felt the need to review it anyhow.
I've only recently been investigating foundations. My search consists of wanting:
-dewy/moisturized look
-medium coverage, buildable to full if necessary
-perfect color options, especially for ethnic/WOC skin (i'm hispanic, but this factor means a lot to me regardless of whether my skin were pale-caucasian, etc. Color options are so vital)

I tried so many comparisons to this foundation, looking mainly at color and feel. I wanted something very dewy and moisturized, but not thick/cakey and extreme in color (i.e. way orange, etc).
I compared it to NARS TM, BB moisture rich foundation, MAC Matchmaster, and I also have sampled Urban Decay Skin, TF BB Creme, and many others (but not compared directly to this foundation on the same hand as I did the first ones mentioned).

My biggest problem is that this is water-based and therefore, does not leave a dewy finish. While I do not want "greasy" or anything highly oily, I think the water base reminds me of something very thin and quickly absorbed.
When people say that their skin is dry because they don't drink enough water, I know that this is not my own experience, for example. I understand that hydrating the body inside will not necessarily "moisturize" my skin. To get proper moisture on the skin's surface, you have to be intaking good fats (avocado, olive oil, oily fish, flax, whatever/etc). Also, topical creams can add moisture. But water alone will not make you moisturized in all the right ways, only from an internal standpoint so that your organs can function.

I think that knowledge is what makes me feel this foundation is really not moisturizing or capable of leaving a sheen or dewy glow. It's completely water based and I don't know about everyone else, but if i rub water on my skin, it absorbs in and leaves no trace of anything behind. If i put something with glycerin or some other humectant on my skin, it leaves a little glow (or a greasy glow!) behind.

The color options:
I chose C6 initially because I felt that I needed more 'Green' in my foundation. I am usually about a 4.25 (natural tan) in bobbi, and I do seem "yellow". However, I've noticed that the foundations seem to wash me out when formulated for that skin color. I seem to also turn orange rather than my usual tan skin. I've been told that i have a cool complexion, and therefore can seem "olive" at times.

C6 was not quite dark enough to bring out the richness that I wanted/sought. I then tried C7 and while the color may have been decent, I still didn't feel that it was making my skin look as polished or naturally dewy as it could.
My makeup inspiration is Giuliana Rancic (E! celebrity) because her skin has a natural olive tone and of course, it's flawless.

My search continues, and for now, I'm loving the BB moisturizing treatment (new) foundation, and I also like Origins BB Creme (way dark for most people, I wear shade 01 and that's the lightest one offered)....and I still love the NARS TM but the color options were not quite what I wanted. I may still end up buying that one.

Hope this helps - I know it's long and probably boring! The cost for this MAC foundation IIRC is $27USD. Also, I liked the packaging just fine. (squeezy bottle)
Thanks for reading!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Cortiz4

This is one of the most natural looking foundations I have ever used. It actually looks like skin. Its pretty light weight but very build able.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation. It's the quickest most easiest foundation to apply. All you need for application is your fingers. I've tried brushes and sponges but I find using my fingers gives the most natural finish. In my opinion it offers quite a light coverage but if you don't have very problematic skin and like a dewy fresh look then this is the ideal foundation. It doesn't look cakey at all! I think it is ideal for daytime everyday use, but you may want to opt for a more full coverage foundation for night time or one that has a more mattifying effect. I've heard that this foundation is buildable to a medium coverage but I honestly only use one coat as I don't like layering makeup too much because I feel it may make it look cakey. Face and Body is one of my few foundations that makes me feel like I don't have any makeup on, most people can't tell that I have any on either as it looks so natural up close as well. I'm NC15 and got the lightest shade (not including white), I have very dry skin so this foundation has been perfect for it! I wouldn't recommend it to people with oily skin though. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. The only fault I can pick with it is I get a bit oily throughout the day on my nose from using this. I wouldn't say this is a foundation for covering up blemishes, but it is amazing for evening out skin tone and looking natural, you could probably pass with having no makeup on. I would buy this again, I love it and think it's great overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by dontmakemeupgur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful foundation.

It's great with strobe cream for a lovely dewy glow.

I use this all over my face/neck and use Studio Finish Matte in C40 to correct the red/pink on my face. The finish is beautiful and summery. I will absolutely buy this again for it's sheer coverage and dewy finish!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I havent used this product much and when i have used it my reactions have been up and down. It's very sheer which is good, it goes on well and leaves a nice dewy natural looking complection. I would probably buy it agin, though in think it is a bit too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Teetska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

honesty, if your one of those girls who have a dominanting undertone like I am who has trouble finding a color that you can work with and look natural, this is for you. let me start off by saying for a MAC product, not that bad. you get SO MUCH for 30$(USD) just make sure to give it a good shake because it is water based.. if you have oily skin though I don't think this for you. not that it makes your skin oily but without setting with a powder it gives you a dewy finish. it offers light to medium but buildabkw coverage. I usually shake it up, pour a quarter size on the back of my palm, apply some with my Mac 187, and blend and blend and blend. let it dry, if I need a bit more on a bad day (no sleep, dull complextion) ill apply another layer, set it, and it last me about 10 hours. you could probably go longer w.o touch ups but I don't like to let any product sit on my skin that long though o must say this is very BREATHABLE which is what I look for most in a foundation.. this is my second bottle which was a big deal because I am just starting to invest in department store brand makeup and this was my only match.. highly recommend