Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this primer, the more I experience more of it you know?
I have oily skin as well and he has not given effect matte than I expected.
More use with the Smashbox Anti Shine gives a much better effect!
I liked the price! Another negative feature is that it helps diminish the appearance of fine lines.

I was apprehensive about primers at first, they're relatively new on the market and kind of seemed a bit of a sham.
I always used moisturizer as a primer before and never had any problems.
But I decided to try this out since everyone raves about it so much, glad I wasn't disappointed!
It absorbs quickly, feels super silky and makes my skin feel silky. I use it over top of moisturizer and underneath foundation and powder.
I have dry skin, so flakiness is definitely a huge problem for me. This seems to help get rid of flakiness more than just moisturizer alone. My foundation also stays perfect all day.
What a godsend! I would recommend this, but a lot of people complain that it makes them break out. I'd ask for a sample of this before paying nearly $40 for it.

on 5/8/2011 9:43:00 PM

i still don't know whats so great about this....

on 4/27/2011 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* Me - NC30, combination to dry skin and acne prone at times.
* Experience - I started using this well rated primer when I lived in a warmer climate and needed a light water-based primer that would not clog my pores. And in a warm climate, it seemed to work well for me. Unfortunately, I find that it doesn't seem to work as well for me during the cold winter months or when my skin is a bit on the dry side or needs a primer with a bit more moisture built-in.
* Pros - Nice stable packaging, light and sheer, easy to work with and does the job right. And despite being on the more pricey side, you do get a lot of product.
* Cons - Does not work perfectly for me under all climates or weather conditions unfortunately.
* Verdict - I like this primer but I will most likely have to search for another primer to use that's more suited for my skin's needs, especially with the change in the seasons and climates.

on 4/26/2011 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I personally love this primer. I already have acne prone skin and I always have a few breakouts and I did not see a difference when I started using this product, so that's a good thing. I love this primer, I actually just ran out a few days ago, it was my first one! I bought it in September and I must say, 1oz goes a long way for 7 months for someone who used it on an average of 5 times a week!

My problem with this primer, however, is the price. I love this primer dearly, it's a creamy consistency that's not thick or greasy at all and leaves my face smooth, but $40 for one ounce? Come on. I do think it's a bit overrated, everyone is raving about it on youtube and I feel like they just WANT to love this product because all of the bigger gurus are. I was excited to find out that Smashbox had made a jumbo tube for $50 for 2ox of primer, which is a really good deal since it's twice the size. I just wish they would lower their prices at least $10, so it's $30 for 1oz...You get the picture!

I will never put on makeup without a primer and this is the one for me. It is very light and has a very silky/creamy consistency. It also lasts forever so it is a great investment. I recommend this to everyone who comes into work looking for a good primer. I have sensitive skin and the oil-free formula is perfect for my face. The only thing stopping me from giving this a 5, is that I live in a very hot, humid climate and I feel like it wears off my nighttime so I have to reapply it.

on 4/21/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried two face primers in my life and this was one of them... Both broke me out horribly! Its such a shame too bc it honestly feels so silky and smooth going on. My face felt and looked like baby skin! However, I had a horrid reaction. I'm sure its fantastic for some but my stupid sensitive skin hated it. I love smashbox tinted moisture, so it must be some ingredient in the primer :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I didn't really like this primer despite all the good reviews. I felt like it just sat on my skin and did nothing. My foundation slid off my face, even after allowing the primer dry. I tried powder foundation over it too, and it didn't blend into my skin at all. This might have worked for others, but definitely not for me.

on 4/12/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This was a nice light primer. I used a sample which lasted me two days. I used it after Clinique DDML and before Pur Minerals 4-in-1.
Pros: It went on nice and smooth, felt light, and mattified my skin instantly and controlled shine throughout the day. It made my foundation apply more evenly. No blemishes resulted.
Cons: It made my skin look a bit dull and pale. I don't think it's very compatible with mineral makeup. I also got a minor eczema-like rash on my temple.
If I were to switch to a liquid foundation or one that was not mineral-based, I would be open to trying this primer again. But I'm a very avid mineral user so this primer doesn't fit in with my routine! The rash also concerned me.

on 3/28/2011 4:00:00 PM

Unfortunately, this broke me out on my forehead really badly. The first times it I used it, it was fine, but the longer I used this product, the more my skin started reacting to it. It started off with a light rash like reaction, then I got 2 huge pimples on my forehead. It's such a great product, it pains me to see it doesn't work with my skin. It contains Vitamin C, antioxidants, is water based, and tons of other beneficial ingredients. I originally would have given this a 5 lippie, but since I broke out, I'm giving it a 2 lippie. I didn't downgrade it to 1, since it contains such amazing ingredients. What a shame. This could have been my HG primer.