Lemon Juice

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 6/6/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading all of the positive reviews, I decided to give this a try. I have very oily skin and a LOT of acne scars, especially the flat, dark pigmented kind. I've been using this nightly for about a month now, and I'm at the point where I'm beating myself up for paying $60 USD a bottle for the Murad lightening gel for so long. This stuff is far, far better and WAY cheaper! Yes, it stings when you put it on (and my skin is not at all sensitive) and you will have to get used to that. You have to keep the juice in the fridge. The results for me have not just been good, they've been amazing. My scars from my last breakout, which was just two weeks ago (no matter what I do, every zit I get scars) have already faded significantly. Guess I'm joining the "Love Lemon Juice!" club.

on 5/31/2012 5:10:00 PM

This does the job! But it stings my skin and makes it red for a while.

on 5/25/2012 11:26:00 AM

Ok. So I've used this in the past b4..I heard about it somewhere random a coupla years back,and used it as a spot treatment for some huge pimple problems I was having. No joke,my redness abd the size of the pimples were about 90% reduced...OVERNIGHT.
I'm the first person to get annoyed at rave reviews on things,sometimes I feel a bit like it's just a bit emotional or over the top when I hear how "amazing" ppl find products..I'm not a huge sceptic or anything,just interested in the real facts.
So when I say this lemon juice jargon works...it WORKS! I actually tried it again this arvo,and rinsed it off a while later and moisturized. Only later on in the evening I kept wondering why th heck was my skin looking so nice!? I usually get down about my skin. It's not totally gross,but Id hate for anyone to see it on a bad day..I have a fair amount of redness and uneven skintone,and also some scarring on my forehead abd chin area. Well! My skintone is evened out soo much,and my red scars have faded into insignificance almost!! I almost feel a little vain when I look into a mirror at the mo,cox of how nice it's made my skin!! It actually has a "glow"!
My husband just recently got home(I'm here reading up on all the amazing LJ reviews still!) and I asked him if he noticed anything,and he said my skin is more clear and"lit from within"( what guy says that!? Ok. I have taught him well..)but he actually thought that I had foundation on!! So happy about refinding this!! It's seriously as good as everyone is saying hey.
Oh,also my skin feels smoother too,plus the even tone and faded scarring !

on 5/24/2012 12:40:00 PM

I am PROUD to admit to using this natural, inexpensive remedy. Individuals often spend as much as hundreds of dollars a month on dermatology treatments and creams for acne care. I admit to purchasing some of the more expensive acne treatments on the market myself. However, in the long run, the facts remain.... Lemon juice works as well if not BETTER than other acne treatments. Lemon juice dries up my acne quickly, helps lighten up my acne scars, improves my overall skin tone and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. I swear by this remedy and will never again bother trying anything else for acne. It's simply not worth it.

on 5/23/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using lemon juice as a toner and skin brightener for years and I still havent found anything that works better.

When you're in the shower and you've cleaned your face, step back from the water take a small palmful of sugar, add half that amount of lemon juice and scrub away. (Gently. Aso if you get some in your mouth, it just tastes like lemonade!). After you get out of the shower, take some lemon juice in your palm and put it on the same way you would apply moisturizer (avoiding eyes.)

You. Will. Glow. There's no other way to put it.

Whether it's used as a toner, scar-lightener, or in a scrub, lemon juice is so popular because it works for most of us. Give it a go!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love lemon juice. I've been using it for hair lightening, acne fighting/fading, cleaning, and teeth whitening for years. Nothing compares <3

on 5/19/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I recently moved to beijing from Vancouver Canada and have had temperamental since. Normally my skin is clear, smooth and even. In Beijing I started breaking out, some scarring followed. So i decided to cut out all the products I was using and use only Lemon water (about 1/2 lemon 1/2 mineral water) in hopes that a more natural route would help.

At first it seemed awkward. my skin felt sticky. it was tight. it stung a little. But i stuck through with it. It's been about a week and a half and i have to say my skin looks visibly better. My skin is more even. My pores are smaller. My black heads seem to be shrinking.

I douse a cotton pad with my lemon/water mix and spread it liberally all over my face.

I have also stopped putting anything on top. My skin doesn't feel dry after at all.

It's still pretty early but I'm going to keep on using this. I think women use too many products (i'm totally guilty of this...my shelf is stocked high with everything)...i think having a simpler face regimen with more natural products will give you better and healthier skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't believe that everything necessarily has to be a strictly beauty product with a brand name to be listed here on MUA - we're simply talking about products that work, and lemon juice is one of them!
For me, this is really great for marks left behind by blemishes. I will simply cut a lemon, squeeze the juice into a bowl, and use a sponge to apply it gently to clean, unmoisturized skin. It does create a feeling of tightness since my skin is already dry, but I only leave it on for a little bit before washing it off. It removes those red marks left behind after a pimple almost instantly! It also generally makes my skin look healthier and more radiant.

on 5/14/2012 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I did not even realize that this is considered a 'product' on the site. However, all I have to say is that Lemon Juice is a miracle worker.

I've spent countless hours researching home remedies for acne since I was about thirteen or fourteen. One of the best ones I've come across is Lemon Juice. Why? Because it has the most uses and is effective.

I've been drinking 'Lemon Water' aka diluted lemon juice for about 3 years, and I do notice a difference during the weeks that I drink it daily and the weeks that I forget to drink it. It is a excellent detox for the body and also helps with digestion. ( I try to drink about 1L a day... for starters who want to begin drinking diluted lemon juice, I would start by adding small quantities of lemon juice in a glass of water. Add more as you start to accommodate to the taste. It is hard to drink at the beginning, it will taste bitter - similar to medicine.)

Lemon juice has also worked wonders on eliminated acne. I usually avoid using lemon juice when I have an opened pimple or one with a scab because of the sting, however Lemon Juice is good to use on a pimple in which the skin has no been broken (which means you haven't tried to squeeze out the pus). Do make sure you've cleaned your face with cleanser, and apply plentifully the lemon juice on the pimple. (I, myself have oily skin so for me using undiluted lemon juice works, but if you do have dry/sensitive skin be sure to delude the juice with water). I would apply this before going to bed, and by the morning the pimple should have reduced in size. Lemon juice kills bacteria because of the low PH level and dries out the oil causing the clogged up pore.

Lemon juice is also good for reducing acne scars. Simply apply it on healed acne scars consistently and they will be reduced. Avoid sunlight .

on 5/9/2012 8:18:00 PM

I created my MUA account just to share this miracle with you all!
I've been using Apple cider vinegar for one year and lemon juice for a few months now. Clearly, i'm not going back to acv ever again. Lemon juice is so much better on so many levels. It smells better, is less sticky, is more efficient and burns less.

Pressed fresh lemon juice or bottled 100% natural ones work the same only the latter is more convenient. I always buy a big bottle and store it in my fridge. I just poor few drops on my cotton pad before i go to sleep and it lasts forever. Plus a big bottle only costed me 1.99$

I suffer from hormonal acne and let me tell you that it is impossible for me to control it. I do study very hard and have to work night shifts sometimes. I have to pull allnighters atleast twice a month. My hormones are pretty insane and my period never comes on time. Whenever I am on vacation & get some good rest, my skin gets clear right away.

Ever since i started using lemon juice, I've been in loooooove! It almost immediately dries up your pimples right after you apply it. It can burn and sting when applying but that only happens when your pimples are picked and are still open wounds. This even prevents me from picking my pimples since I don't wanna suffer the sting later on. It instantly releases and pain or swollen feeling from pimples. Bottled juice doesn't leave sticky feeling compared to fresh juice.
Lemon juice helps to dry up pimples and this happens almost overnight. Any small blemishes or whiteheads would pop out at night and dries up the morning after. Any dring wound would heal within two days and peel off. Any big zits or cystic acne would go away within 3-5 days. AMAZING. rly!!
And i realized that the more you apply it, the faster it heals. But do not over apply it since it would dry up your skin too much. This almost changed my skin type from slightly oily to..dry. Any good masks, facials or moisturizing occasionally would solve this problem.

I also suffer from acne scars since 5 years already. Lemon juice lightens them almost overnight but to get rid of them would take quite long time. I would give it atleast 3 months. but it will work, trust me.

Applying lemon juice toner eliminates existing pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and so on. Tone your discolouration and keeps emerging zits at bay!

Yay for lemon juice!!!

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products