July 29, 2014 | 1564 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not even realize that this is considered a 'product' on the site. However, all I have to say is that Lemon Juice is a miracle worker.

I've spent countless hours researching home remedies for acne since I was about thirteen or fourteen. One of the best ones I've come across is Lemon Juice. Why? Because it has the most uses and is effective.

I've been drinking 'Lemon Water' aka diluted lemon juice for about 3 years, and I do notice a difference during the weeks that I drink it daily and the weeks that I forget to drink it. It is a excellent detox for the body and also helps with digestion. ( I try to drink about 1L a day... for starters who want to begin drinking diluted lemon juice, I would start by adding small quantities of lemon juice in a glass of water. Add more as you start to accommodate to the taste. It is hard to drink at the beginning, it will taste bitter - similar to medicine.)

Lemon juice has also worked wonders on eliminated acne. I usually avoid using lemon juice when I have an opened pimple or one with a scab because of the sting, however Lemon Juice is good to use on a pimple in which the skin has no been broken (which means you haven't tried to squeeze out the pus). Do make sure you've cleaned your face with cleanser, and apply plentifully the lemon juice on the pimple. (I, myself have oily skin so for me using undiluted lemon juice works, but if you do have dry/sensitive skin be sure to delude the juice with water). I would apply this before going to bed, and by the morning the pimple should have reduced in size. Lemon juice kills bacteria because of the low PH level and dries out the oil causing the clogged up pore.

Lemon juice is also good for reducing acne scars. Simply apply it on healed acne scars consistently and they will be reduced. Avoid sunlight .

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Yzyz

I created my MUA account just to share this miracle with you all!
I've been using Apple cider vinegar for one year and lemon juice for a few months now. Clearly, i'm not going back to acv ever again. Lemon juice is so much better on so many levels. It smells better, is less sticky, is more efficient and burns less.

Pressed fresh lemon juice or bottled 100% natural ones work the same only the latter is more convenient. I always buy a big bottle and store it in my fridge. I just poor few drops on my cotton pad before i go to sleep and it lasts forever. Plus a big bottle only costed me 1.99$

I suffer from hormonal acne and let me tell you that it is impossible for me to control it. I do study very hard and have to work night shifts sometimes. I have to pull allnighters atleast twice a month. My hormones are pretty insane and my period never comes on time. Whenever I am on vacation & get some good rest, my skin gets clear right away.

Ever since i started using lemon juice, I've been in loooooove! It almost immediately dries up your pimples right after you apply it. It can burn and sting when applying but that only happens when your pimples are picked and are still open wounds. This even prevents me from picking my pimples since I don't wanna suffer the sting later on. It instantly releases and pain or swollen feeling from pimples. Bottled juice doesn't leave sticky feeling compared to fresh juice.
Lemon juice helps to dry up pimples and this happens almost overnight. Any small blemishes or whiteheads would pop out at night and dries up the morning after. Any dring wound would heal within two days and peel off. Any big zits or cystic acne would go away within 3-5 days. AMAZING. rly!!
And i realized that the more you apply it, the faster it heals. But do not over apply it since it would dry up your skin too much. This almost changed my skin type from slightly oily to..dry. Any good masks, facials or moisturizing occasionally would solve this problem.

I also suffer from acne scars since 5 years already. Lemon juice lightens them almost overnight but to get rid of them would take quite long time. I would give it atleast 3 months. but it will work, trust me.

Applying lemon juice toner eliminates existing pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and so on. Tone your discolouration and keeps emerging zits at bay!

Yay for lemon juice!!!

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

yay lemon juice! I use this for lots of stuff. I mix w/ honey for a facial. Have used it w/ tap water when I ran out of Acv for hair rinse but not often as it lightens my dark hair. My favs for it are mix several drops w/ equal parts acv and aloe vera juice and make a toner ( works great but does sting at first). Add half or whole lemon (squeezed out of course) in a large glass of ice water and drink first thing in the morning and it helps to expell toxins from the body (acts like a body flush) and this can help organs and overall skin health from the inside out. Been doing this for quite some time now and its awesome.
EDIT: I can't use this not face anymore as it dries it out to much. I do mix a couple drops in a bottle of water with a couple Tbs acv and drink as a flush all day. Helps my skin, joints and overall well being from the inside out.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by pixels

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the MUA reviews, had to jump on the lemon juice bandwagon. Started 4 days ago, apply juice straight from lemon wedge to freshly cleansed face each evening, leave on 10-15 minutes. Sort of feels like it is eating your face off, itches and burns, but stops after it's washed off. Even with my Clarisonic (HG for sure) and use of excellent Dermalogica products, still battled little bumps on nose, blackheads, etc. Also have sun-damage spots on cheeks and wondered if lemon might possibly lighten those. First, let me say this lemon juice works. After just 4 lemon facials, my nose is very nearly clear of everything! no blackheads, and almost no bumps under skin. Those weren't really visible but could feel them and they sometime erupted into pimples or deep blackheads. Overall, skin tone seems more even. The biggest test was/is two whiteheads i've had for over a year. Really didn't expect much to happen, but one on upper lip has almost disappeared, can barely feel it with finger and it will be complete gone in another couple of days. The 2nd under lower lip hasn't really budged, thinking of adding extra to it for overnight to see if i can it to go, too. My pigmenting looks a little better, nothing miraculous, but noticed makeup covers it a lot easier now. Will prob slack off to once or twice a week lemon treatments after a few days. All the reviews were right on, lemon juice works. Don't get on the skin around your eyes. Don't use if your skin is sensitive. Use lots of moisturizer after. Use sunscreen when you go out. Will report back as things develop! over and out for now. (BTW, I'm 59, oily t-zone, dry cheeks)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing.
I am doing OCM at the moment, and using pure rose water as a toner. I read on MUA someone who uses lemon juice and sugar as a scrub, so I gave it a try. It was wonderful! Scrubbed nicely, toned nicely and smelled lovely. Also, super cheap and easy to apply as I used bottle lemon use straight from the bottle in the fridge.
The best, best, best thing about this, is that in just ONE use, I found that the oil production from my nose was significantly reduced. I have a very oily nose, and even though the rest of my face isn't oily I find that the oil will break through foundation in about an hour.
I used this today (for the first time admittedly) underneath my foundation and the difference was phenomenal. I cleansed as usual, toned with lemon juice and moisturised with Lush Imperialis just on my cheeks. I then applied Illamasqua Rich Liquid (which I have reviewed before, and have avoided using since I bought it as I can't apply it and make it stay on my skin) and used my fingers to blend. I am not kidding that throughout the entire day (including a sly nap on the couch!) I have had virtually NO oil breakthrough on my nose. I applied at about 11am, and blotted at about 3pm, and there was barely anything there.
I am so so pleased with this, and am praying that this is going to be a long-term effect as I am so fed up of having such an oily nose and skin that will not be tamed! I have decanted some into a travel size bottle so I have some with my beauty products at all times.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by keakea

Lemon Juice is AMAZING. I am confused why Paula Begoun downplays this by calling it an irritant and warns people to not use it. Why? Aren't salicylic and glycolic acids also irritants? Yet she raves about their effectiviness! I believe it is because lemon juice is so cheap and so effective that it literally erases the need for more expensive products and why would someone who sells more expensive products really admit that?

Anyway, I have seen more results with my skin using lemon juice than any other product. I just squeeze a lemon into a glass, add a little water and rub it on my face every night as my toner after cleansing then after it dries I apply my other products. I have noticed that this makes my Retin-A seem more effective. You would think it would be irritating to use the two products together but I have been doing so for quite a while now and my skin looks fabulous. I also use a homemade C serum in the morning. Lemons are an excellent addition to a skin care routine.

32 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by JessicaCP

WELL.

This has worked on my acne and refined the texture of my skin better than any Vitamin A or alphahydroxy, moisturizer, cleanser, high end, low end, mid end, any end, I have ever used.

I use it as a toner twice a day before I apply my rose hip oil and moisturizer or night cream, and for the first time in 8 years I have nothing on my face but mild scarring, as opposed to fresh pimples every day.

I am hoping continued use will fade my scars.

Pretty annoyed I spent however many tens of thousands of dollars over the years on useless products, but I'm just going to have to get over it.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Sarajaade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First, I must say that I have the worlds most unfortunate complexion. I am so pale that I rarely find coverup to match my skin, I have red spots and an uneven skin tone, giant, clogged pores, and am extremely prone to breakouts, mostly around my chin. My skin was a mess. After spending a fortune on different acne products, I decided to take a more natural approach to my skin...enter, lemons. After three days of using regular, bottled lemon juice, I literally had NO breakouts, just scars. Every night after I wash my face with a gentle cleanser, I'll soak a cotton pad in lemon juice, then run some tap water over the pad to dilute it a bit, and rub it over my face like a toner. Then I let it dry on my face for about 15 minutes (and it stings like hell for the first few days, that's how you'll know it's working!) and then I put on a gentle, scent free moisturizer (spectro hydracare). Additionally, instead of using a harsh facial scrub, I now just soak a cotton pad in lemon juice, put regular sugar on it, and gently scrub my face. It is the most amazing scrub ever- leave it on for 15 minutes as a mask, and when you rinse it off, your face will be soo amazingly smooth. I've tried hundreds of dollars worth of scrubs, and nothing works like this. The scrub seems to erase my acne scars (that I've had for YEARS) right before my eyes. I can't believe I hadn't discovered this until now. My harsh red scars are now faded to what looks like freckles, my complexion is even, my pores are smaller, and I rarely have breakouts. If you make this a routine, you can have amazing skin for the lowest price possible. Go natural ladies- your skin isn't meant to be soaked in chemicals. The more chemicals you use, the more problems you'll have. Try natural remedies like lemon, honey, olive oil... it's worth it!! :)

38 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had freckles all my life but whilst they looked cute when I was younger they are unsightly on my older face. I tried rubbing lemon juice on my face a few times but it made my sensitive skin red and blotchy and stung very badly. I now mix a tsp of juice with a tsp of milk and it works much better for me. I leave it on my cleansed face 10 to 15 min and rinse off the moisturise as usual. My skin glows and my freckles are fading. I have taken one lippy off because it is too strong on its own for me.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

This is an addition to a previous post in which I sang the praises of lemon juice as a clarifier for hair.

Now for what it can do for skin. I admit I thought the claims of lemon juice getting rid of acne like magic were hyped. But for days I have had an UGLY, nasty pimple next to my nose. So what the heck, after reading the reviews here, I washed my face last night, and swabbed on some lemon juice with a cotton ball. Yes, it stung a bit, but no big deal. When I got up this morning, that pimple was almost completely dried up and gone. I've used more LJ today and it's practically history. I'm convinced!

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No