April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jennymara

Love these paint pots!!! I have been using the paints because I have oily eye lids (sounds gross) and shadow - both powder and cream - does not stay on or it creases. I was so excited to see the paints in pots. I tried using mine for the first time today - in Painterly - and it works just as awesome as the paints - it's just more convenient and easier to use. I hope MAC keeps these around for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by roussel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got Indianwood along with Artifact and Delft. Indianwood is my favorite of the three. I find it very versatile and doesn't crease throughout the day. I wear it in the morning and my eyeshadow looks freshly applied after 10 hours. I apply this using a small concealer brush and that gives me control of where to place it and I can layer it on thickly, too. This is like woodwinked in paintpot form. I've worn this with woodwinked on top, mulch and antiqued on crease, ricepaper on browbone, beautyburst on lower lids. This is my favorite neutral look so far. I will buy this again if I ever run out, or after 3 years maybe since the pot holds a lot of product. I love the convenience of the pot vs the tube and I hope this won't dry out like the fluidlines. I plan to get more paint pot colors from painterly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 4:39:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These paint pots are MAC's version of long-lasting cream eyeshadows. These remind me of Shiseido's hydro-powder shadows except these are thicker in consistency and therefore, easier to work with (blend & layer) Indianwood is a highly pigmented gold-bronze eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant, slightly metallic finish. It can be layered for more color intensity and/or a more metallic look. The color is just gorgeous! It would look just fabulous on brown, green or hazel colored eyes. It may even work for blue eyes, but it tends to lean toward the "warm" end of the spectrum. I have worn it as a daytime neutral with powder shadow on top and as a exotic shimmery metallic at night. Intensity changes with layering. I would love to try the other colors. From MAC's description: Long-wearing, colorfast and creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with MAC shadows and liners.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No