November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like these paint pots a LOT!!! I bough Rubenesque first and loved it so much I went back and got Groundwork and Indianwood. (I had the light green one too but I returned it because it clashed with my eyecolor.) I'm wearing Indianwood today and it's great for warming up my NW20 skin and this color really makes my green eyes pop! It's just a gorgeous bronzey color but not too dark. I put this on from lashline to crease and then I used naked lunch to blend from the crease up to browbone and then I put rose blanc on my eyelid concentrating in the middle. Voilá! Perfect!
These don't crease either which is why I went back for more. So glad they are NOT LE. And can't wait for more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This imparts a gorgeous, bronzy glow to my eyelids. It also lasts fairly well on my oily lids, though I can't really layer it with any dry eyeshadows. I dropped the pot on the floor and was surprised how sturdy the pot was. There are some good colors to choose from, but personally I possess some variation of all of them. Indianwood was the only one that stood out for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2007 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

This was the perfect color for the "warm up my face" project. (It has practically taken a face transplant, so high marks already). Indianwood looks like dulce de leche in the generously-sized jar. On my eyes, it is a dark goldenrod-ish antique bronze-gold metallic shimmer-sheen. I also swear it flashes peach, or maybe that's skin showing through. At first I thought it was simultaneously too boring and too Diana Ross, but it really grew on me. Very warm, but not intrusive, and it layers well - sort of (more on that). It really draws you into my eyes, opens up my face and gives me a warm glow when used lightly and carefully. Staying power, however, did not transport me.

The layering is crazy - put on thick the cream is a rough, burnished glittery bronze, JUST like a J'adore ad; but it blends all the way down to a very thin shimmery glow, I swear it's peachy-goldenrod. The texture is sort of wack. It is very dry, like spray-on powder tanner dry. It coats your skin thinly and shows every line, but wears patchy - except for the crease, which is bare immediately. I couldn't blend it evenly from up-close scrutiny. BUT from a little ways away, it's lovely - if you're careful and learn how to work with it to your benefit. This is a consistency you have to be prepared to play with, at least in this shade.

The whole "paint" line seems to have artistic pretensions that are beyond my ken; my craft is still grudgingly retreating from inadequacy. But even used alone as cream eyeshadow this really can be breathtaking, if you're prepared to comply with its demands. Today I lined with Dipdown along the top lid, layered Indianbrown heavy near the lashes, blending up to the eyebrow, then added some Espresso along the lash line to soft-focus it a little. I paired it with a tangerine-pink blush (Melba) and some peachy-pink lip gloss to tone down my lips. It was a gorgeous glow. I know it sounds nuts, but I swear this goes champagne-peach on me in certain lights.

Anyway, I think the fact that bronze works with tangerine and a coral-y peach is testimony to how subtle this shadow can be. And, I guess, what color wheel blasphemies it took to mitigate my God-given Tim Burton pallor. It sounds like Cleopatra, Queen of the Retirement Village, but it was actually pretty subtle. I even got a few compliments.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kitkatbar2406

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not sure yet how I feel about this product or what to do with it. The color itself is very pretty & I thought it was the nicest one out of the bunch. The texture reminds me of a MAC Paint combined with a Fluidline. It's soft & creamy but has almost a slightly tacky feel to it once applied to the skin. I first tried to use it as as a base under Woodwinked & Shroom e/s and I wasn't thrilled - looked muddy & it's kind of hard to apply & blend (I think it's the texture). I found it it worked MUCH better alone as an eyeshadow. I really want to like this, but I don't think I would buy it again or in any other colors. It is pretty though (especially in the pot!) and the Indianwood color looks gorgeous on blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jennymara

Love these paint pots!!! I have been using the paints because I have oily eye lids (sounds gross) and shadow - both powder and cream - does not stay on or it creases. I was so excited to see the paints in pots. I tried using mine for the first time today - in Painterly - and it works just as awesome as the paints - it's just more convenient and easier to use. I hope MAC keeps these around for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by roussel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got Indianwood along with Artifact and Delft. Indianwood is my favorite of the three. I find it very versatile and doesn't crease throughout the day. I wear it in the morning and my eyeshadow looks freshly applied after 10 hours. I apply this using a small concealer brush and that gives me control of where to place it and I can layer it on thickly, too. This is like woodwinked in paintpot form. I've worn this with woodwinked on top, mulch and antiqued on crease, ricepaper on browbone, beautyburst on lower lids. This is my favorite neutral look so far. I will buy this again if I ever run out, or after 3 years maybe since the pot holds a lot of product. I love the convenience of the pot vs the tube and I hope this won't dry out like the fluidlines. I plan to get more paint pot colors from painterly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 4:39:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These paint pots are MAC's version of long-lasting cream eyeshadows. These remind me of Shiseido's hydro-powder shadows except these are thicker in consistency and therefore, easier to work with (blend & layer) Indianwood is a highly pigmented gold-bronze eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant, slightly metallic finish. It can be layered for more color intensity and/or a more metallic look. The color is just gorgeous! It would look just fabulous on brown, green or hazel colored eyes. It may even work for blue eyes, but it tends to lean toward the "warm" end of the spectrum. I have worn it as a daytime neutral with powder shadow on top and as a exotic shimmery metallic at night. Intensity changes with layering. I would love to try the other colors. From MAC's description: Long-wearing, colorfast and creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No