GHD IV Styler (all sizes)

4.6

ummm ceramic duahhh

on 4/2/2009 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The GHD straightens and curls really well, no doubt about it.
However, I agree very strongly with another review, since using it, my hair has not grown. Everytime After I use it I find a million broken ends on my counter and my ends look like crap.
I take really good care of my hair, i put a lot of effort into it, use the best products, deep condition regularly etc its like a part time job for me, So for this iron to hurt my hair likie this after what I paid is pretty disappointing.
This iron is really damaging, more than any other I have tried.
I also feel like its kind of a rip off. For $250+ you dont even get pure ceramic plates, or tourmaline, or even heat control.
Theres nothing special about it, anything hot like this will straighten your hair.

on 3/29/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried soooo many flat irons from $20 ones to $250 and this by far is the best. I have really thick, black, frizzy ethnic hair and I usually get it thinned out at the salon. For the longest time I used a CHI and thought it was great until I tried something else. Some of the other irons I have used are: FHI, RUSK, GHD, and vidal sasoon.

GHD is the only only iron where my hair doesnt get frizzy post-styling. It does not have an adjustable knob but the internal temperature is fixed at 370 (I believe) and I do not feel the need to adjust it. It is very pricey but worth every penny.

I am very picky about flat irons for a number of reasons but one of them being the cost. If I am paying $250 for a flat iron it better be worth it and this GHD is....

on 3/28/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This thing is amazing! It heats up within three minutes, which is especially vital in the morning. Even my hair can be straighten without ease, and it stays all day long! I can even curl my hair with this thing. The original price is way too high, but I could get it from the factory. So I ended up only spending 100 bucks on this thing. Yay!

on 3/11/2009 3:09:00 AM

This is simply a fantastic iron. I have chemically straightened hair (Japanese straightener, from dense/curly/thick/frizzy hair) and I have found with other flat irons that my hair comes out completely fried. For reference, I've used Solano Sapphire, Bion, Hai. The main reason I use flat irons is to curl my hair at the ends, so to be fair I don't actually know how this iron works for curly to straight.

The first thing I'd like to address is the speed of heat-up: people aren't exaggerating when they say it takes seconds to heat up. Without any exaggeration, you turn it on and in less than 10 seconds it will beep that it's heated (I timed it.)

Second, this iron leaves my hair shinier than I've ever had it left by a styling tool.

Third, after I style with the GHD, the curls I make last for two days. And this is with NO HAIRSPRAY. For someone with chemically treated hair, this is practically a miracle. FYI I use my GHD with T3 Liquid Iron Booster.

on 3/10/2009 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Is it worth the price-YES. It changed my hair, I have smooth, soft hair every day and I promise you this was not always the case. I have dealt with frizz and breakage all my life. I run this iron through once and it seals my hair shaft and feel so incredible I feel like I do when I leave the salon everytime I use it. I use the Redken Satinwear on my damp hair first as a protector and then blowdry, I don't know if that is making any difference, but I am mostly crediting this amazing AMAZING iron that I now cannot live without.

on 3/1/2009 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

If there is someone out there tryna sell you a straightner buy saying its just as good or better then a GHD they are lying YOU CANT GET ANY BETTER. im a hairdresser i would no!
of course if u straighten your hair everyday its gunna cause damage!! but u shouldnt have to straighten everyday with a ghd, if u straighten clean dry hair it should stay straight till you get it wet again.

its an expensive buy but if u have thick coarse hair and u want it to look and feel silky smooth u wont regret spending the money!

on 2/24/2009 1:47:00 AM

i originally thought this was better than sliced bread, but i sing a different tune now. i find as a high powered straightener, my 2" CHI performs better. as for the flips and fun styles, this can create them but it always leaves my ends looking fried and puffy this way. i like this iron for travel but as for performance, i have found it over-rated.

on 2/17/2009 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have used the IV in pure for a few months now. And it does speed up the amount of time it takes to straighten hair. It didn't leave my hair soft like my other brand straightener. But, here's the down side: it really HEATS up! I'm not sure this is a really good idea for your hair, especially if you are straightening hair almost everyday. Never in my 5 years of straigtening have I actually burned my hair, but it happened with this styler. (And I did use a heat protectant) I didn't even realize it until I brushed a side of my head and I literally had clutches of hair coming out. As soon as I realized what had happened I dumped my straigtener to the trash. It's never worth it when you are hair gets damaged like that. Now it's going to take atleast a month to rectify the damage I have done to my hair. Just a word of caution. Be careful if you are using this.

These are the best I think. I've had quite a few straighteners, but these are just fabulosa! I had to be persuaded to for fork out the money but I'm so glad I did.I got the Holiday set with the new IV styler, with bag,heat protectant pouch and makeup bag. I also got 4 trial size products and clips.Still use the bag for toiletries when i'm at work,It's quite cute. Make sure you use a heat protector though because these are rather hot. You can curl, flick,straighten,add height and volume and generally just expeiment with your hairstyles. They come in 3 different plate sizes, a thin one for short hair and fringes,the normal sized one and one with wide plates for really thich or afro hair.They even cool down and bleep if you've forgot to switch them off after a certain amount of time.Great for me whose miss forgetful and could set my house on fire!Definitley recommended.
Treat yourself.You're worth it!

on 2/4/2009 7:23:00 AM

Definitely the best. All the top stylists in my area use them. They are expensive but totally worth it. It just glides through effortlessly and never burns or scorches. Can't live without it!