July 25, 2014 | 940 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cutegorilla007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I do love this primer. I love the smell it has, it isn't a product that I dread applying. I find that you can apply this on any indentations, lines or wirnles on the face, and it will immediatly brighten, and add wanted youthful glow to the complexion. In the mornings, I like to mix this with my undereye cream, using 1/3 cream and 2/3 that gal. The brightness under my eyes is great! I just dab a little eye bright under there and I am ready to go! Great product if you are looking for a primer that makes your makeup last all day, and gives you a healthy sheen under your foundation. This also calms and moisturizes the skin, making getting cakey foundation a little bit harder. Strongly recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by olivialaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. I hadn't used it for a while, and rediscovered it recently. I love the smell, very light and summery, like strawberries. I absolutely love how light it is, and the packaging is effective, as it looks good, fits in a carry around makeup bag and the lid has never for me, come off and leaked everywhere.

It is a little expensive for the amount given, but still is a lot cheaper than many other primers on the market.

I found that this made a massive difference to my skin texture, smoothing it out. Can be used as a base, or on it's own for a lighter coverage. I'd definitely buy it again, by far my favourite primer I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by xJessix

I think this works best if you have incredibly pale skin like I do (not willingly :( ). It actually made a very noticable difference to my skin in photographs.. Take this from someone that normally takes really bad photos.. My skin normally looks very dull and flat and this gave it a really lovely glow.

I think to get the best results from it, you shouldn't pile on the foundation because it is supposed to be only a "light glow" and if you're one to cake it on I don't think that this will work as well for you. I found it also seemed to work best with Benefit's "Some Kinda Gorgeous foundation".

Lovely smell. Smells like strawberries and cream. :) Cute packaging. Gone through about 3-4 tubes now.

HOWEVERRRR. Recently due to hayfever I've suddenly got incredibly dry skin, and the primer gets all grubby and gritty. Ensure that you fully exfoliate and moisertize before use to avoid this because it is not pleasant.

The biggest downside is the price. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by MissCanuck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard good things about this product online, and decided to grab a tube for myself. I was hoping for a brightening effect or something that would help my foundation last a bit longer.

Well, I can safely say that That Gal does neither. It virtually disappears on my skin, which I wouldn't mind if it actually worked as a primer. It doesn't. I feel that this product doesn't do anything, really. I do like the smell (a sort of tart strawberry) and the consistency is nice. I haven't had problems with the product getting all over the cap and I don't mind the twist-up packaging. However, for the price, it just isn't worth it. I will try to use up the rest (I sometimes dab a little on my cheekbones for barely-there sheen) but I will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Thank goodness for Sephora's generous return policy. I really tried to like this product. However, it did absolutely nothing. It did not make my skin feel smoother. I didn't even see too much of a color difference. It was like putting on pink lotion that absorbed right into the skin. I found myself not bothering to use the primer when I put on my foundation. Luckily, I came across the receipt a couple of months later. I hadn't used very much. Sephora took it back, even without the box.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't even call this a primer. It didn't really give my makeup any particular staying power vs. if i didnt even have it on. i reallly like the color and the pretty packaging though. the color is a pink with a little silvery but nothing weird, it just brightens my complexion but i dont get why you would wear makeup over this because it cancels out the color! useless! packaging is unique, but if you throw it in your purse or in your bag for going on a trip, other items can twist the bottom so the product dispenses all over the inside top of the cap which is discusting. WAY overpriced. will NOT be repurchasing - don't buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by loz700

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One thing I did really like about this product was the colour of it, an absolutely gorgeous pinky silver - It made me look so bright and awake! However, as a primer it was next to useless. My foundation went on smoothly but came off quickly during the day, which was disappointing from such an expensive product. It deserved 3/5 because the colour was so lovely :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by shoeaddict08

If it weren't for the Sephora MA trying this on me, I would have never given it much attention but I'm sooo glad I tried it out!! My skin complexion is grainy because I have large pores so this does a great job at concealing my pores and gives a dewey glow. I can definitely see the difference when I apply the product so I know it's working. Only thing is that I wish I was getting more product for the money I'm paying, just seems that I run out rather quickly (using it once a day) so other than the price factor, overall it's a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Ickypink

I was shown by a Sephora rep to mix this with the Poreless Primer and the Hello Flawless powder on top and it held for 8 sweaty hours! Color me surprised! I also didn't break out from using these products!

I will most likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I won't go into product description overload, as that gal has been described nicely already. I will mention that it works on my nw20 skintone, and I've used it on MANY women, and it is surprisingly their most popular product (or it was a year ago anyway..you'd think it'd be benetint or lemonaid, right?) I digress. "primer" is a bit of a misnomer--it's best for women who already have fairly nice skin, or younger girls who don't need foundation but reallyyy want to wear it. It's obviously overpriced--the packaging is outlandish, ineffective, gaudy, and prohibitive. The product itself is unique enough that I consider it worth the purchase.

Of note: I haven't noticed any reviews mentioning the EXCESSIVE amount of product that remains in the bottle if you take the stupid cap off (UDPP much, benefit?) I definitely threw away one bottle of that gal before it dawned on me to check, and I'm pretty sure most of the product remains after it seems empty, so it's not quite as overpriced as it seems if you haven't bothered to crack it open fully. HTH