October 21, 2014 | 891 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Bslade2189

My favorite FAVOOORRRITTE primer... the smell is so fresh and clean... it has pearly gold reflecting pigments so it gives you thats beautful glow you can use it alone or under foundation... makes my makeup stay on all day... controlls oil for me and it has really cute packaging.... love love love this product
xoxo Britt xoxo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by bb5

i would like to say this product was ok, it does help to make my face looks much more fresh but here's come the trouble, the packaging is kinda cute but it not efficient because the liquid its not coming out from the tube, its stuck after awhile i'm using it (about 3-4 months), what a waste..

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

If I had normal skin I would love this stuff, but alas I have acne prone oily/sensitive skin with huge pores. I liked this because it made my fair coloured skin have this healthy dewy glow and blurred imperfections very very slightly and it didn't irritate my skin when most things seem to. It however didn't help much with my pores and with the amount of powder I usually put on to eliminate shine kind of killed the glow effect for me. It also felt a little to heavy for my skin type.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a nice softening product for the skin applied before foundation. However, as a primer it differs from other classic silicon primers as far as the staying on power of foundation is concerned. No broken out skin still.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cutegorilla007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I do love this primer. I love the smell it has, it isn't a product that I dread applying. I find that you can apply this on any indentations, lines or wirnles on the face, and it will immediatly brighten, and add wanted youthful glow to the complexion. In the mornings, I like to mix this with my undereye cream, using 1/3 cream and 2/3 that gal. The brightness under my eyes is great! I just dab a little eye bright under there and I am ready to go! Great product if you are looking for a primer that makes your makeup last all day, and gives you a healthy sheen under your foundation. This also calms and moisturizes the skin, making getting cakey foundation a little bit harder. Strongly recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by olivialaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. I hadn't used it for a while, and rediscovered it recently. I love the smell, very light and summery, like strawberries. I absolutely love how light it is, and the packaging is effective, as it looks good, fits in a carry around makeup bag and the lid has never for me, come off and leaked everywhere.

It is a little expensive for the amount given, but still is a lot cheaper than many other primers on the market.

I found that this made a massive difference to my skin texture, smoothing it out. Can be used as a base, or on it's own for a lighter coverage. I'd definitely buy it again, by far my favourite primer I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by xJessix

I think this works best if you have incredibly pale skin like I do (not willingly :( ). It actually made a very noticable difference to my skin in photographs.. Take this from someone that normally takes really bad photos.. My skin normally looks very dull and flat and this gave it a really lovely glow.

I think to get the best results from it, you shouldn't pile on the foundation because it is supposed to be only a "light glow" and if you're one to cake it on I don't think that this will work as well for you. I found it also seemed to work best with Benefit's "Some Kinda Gorgeous foundation".

Lovely smell. Smells like strawberries and cream. :) Cute packaging. Gone through about 3-4 tubes now.

HOWEVERRRR. Recently due to hayfever I've suddenly got incredibly dry skin, and the primer gets all grubby and gritty. Ensure that you fully exfoliate and moisertize before use to avoid this because it is not pleasant.

The biggest downside is the price. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by MissCanuck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard good things about this product online, and decided to grab a tube for myself. I was hoping for a brightening effect or something that would help my foundation last a bit longer.

Well, I can safely say that That Gal does neither. It virtually disappears on my skin, which I wouldn't mind if it actually worked as a primer. It doesn't. I feel that this product doesn't do anything, really. I do like the smell (a sort of tart strawberry) and the consistency is nice. I haven't had problems with the product getting all over the cap and I don't mind the twist-up packaging. However, for the price, it just isn't worth it. I will try to use up the rest (I sometimes dab a little on my cheekbones for barely-there sheen) but I will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Thank goodness for Sephora's generous return policy. I really tried to like this product. However, it did absolutely nothing. It did not make my skin feel smoother. I didn't even see too much of a color difference. It was like putting on pink lotion that absorbed right into the skin. I found myself not bothering to use the primer when I put on my foundation. Luckily, I came across the receipt a couple of months later. I hadn't used very much. Sephora took it back, even without the box.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't even call this a primer. It didn't really give my makeup any particular staying power vs. if i didnt even have it on. i reallly like the color and the pretty packaging though. the color is a pink with a little silvery but nothing weird, it just brightens my complexion but i dont get why you would wear makeup over this because it cancels out the color! useless! packaging is unique, but if you throw it in your purse or in your bag for going on a trip, other items can twist the bottom so the product dispenses all over the inside top of the cap which is discusting. WAY overpriced. will NOT be repurchasing - don't buy this.