August 20, 2014 | 1562 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Courbe Virtuose (Divine Lasting Curves)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Rache

Love this mascara. I was looking for something that separates and adds volume to my lashes without smudging like Dior show does on me.
This lengthens,adds volume, and separates.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by pepsigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! This is my new HG! This may be the best mascara in Lancome's lineup in my opinion. This mascara gives my short- to- medium length lashes superb length (almost reach my eyebrows), nice curl, moderate thickness, and nice separation w/o clumps.

This mascara has a nice, "clean" application, no excess goop on brush, and stays on the whole day without flaking and smudging. I can stroke on multiple coats without getting clumps. The only downfalls are the high price and moderate volume. I would consider this mascara as more of a lengthening/curling/separation kind.
**EDIT** I dropped 2 lippies. I realized that this product isn't my HG after all. I had to layer like 10 times to get the dramatic results I wanted. And I got tired of the tough removal. Too much work for so-so results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by mtack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok mascara, does not last the 12 hours hold that it claims. The black color seems to be better than the other Lancome mascaras, which turn most like a dark grey. This is my first time using a curbe brush, don't know how to apply it correctly.The formula seems to dry very fast, so don't let it dry between coats. Just lengthend a little. However, thought it was the best mascara Lancome has just for the fact that it lifts your lashes, wouldn't say "curl" but "curbe" and they stay that way for about 6 hours. Since I just bought it last Tuesday, will keep using and maybe my application will get better. Please if you know how to apply it correctly, let me know.Edit 8/19/07 Do not like this mascara.Clumps, made my lashes brittle and my eyes red, will not purchased anymore Lancome mascaras, oh, and the black did turned grey by mid afternoon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by bellafaccia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! Makes my lashes long, thick, luxurious and curled - and takes just a couple of coats to get this look.

I've been using Lancome Definicils for quite a while and with all the hype for this new one, I wanted to try it. Glad I did - it's wonderful!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Just purchased this today. I had actually gone to the mall over the past weekend to pick up a new tube of Definicils, and the girl at the counter had the prettiest lashes (I fought the urge to ask what she was using for her mascara!), curled and nice volume. Mine, on the other hand, have lacked volume, curl (even with curling multiple times with a curler), and just any shape due to the recent humidity. I have a feeling that if I had asked her what she was wearing, she would have told me it was this mascara. I got the flyer in the mail yesterday which was promoting this new mascara, and I went back to the mall today to get it. It kept my lashes flipped up all day! Not only that, but there wasn't a ton of "goop" on the brush when you take it out of the tube, which is a huge thing since that seems to happen with every tube of mascara I have ever tried. I hate having to wipe the brush, I feel like I'm wasting so much. Anyway, I had no troubles with this smearing or smuding at all, and it lasted in the 96 degree heat until I took it off. Did not require any special remover, either. I will definately continue to repurchase this. I am truly sorry that I just picked up that tube of Definicils, because now I definately won't be needing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by egg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been trying to find mascara that wouldnt smear and cause that black stuff to appear on my under eye part.. i hate it. I have never invested on any expensive masacaras except drug store kinds. And every single one i tried, waterproof or not would all do that, smear and create that dark shadow on my under eye area. This is my first big masacara purchase. Ive been reading on all the lancome mascaras reviews and wanted to try the definicils waterproof. When I went to Nordstroms to purchase, the sales lady said this is the new one out and suggested this product instead. I was sceptical coz it wasnt waterproof but I bought it anyway. I have to say that I am very very very happy with it!! It lengthens and curls my lashes and it stays curled the whole day!! AND most of all no more of that black stuff under my eyes! its easy to take off too! I love this product would definitely buy again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by vengland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave into the MUA hype and bought this, I don't usually spend $25 on something that needs to be replaced as often as mascara does, however, if you are the type who doesn't hesitate to spend that much on a good mascara, then this is a nice one. It did lengthen and curl my lashes nicely; it didn't do anything spectacular for volume/thickening, which is my main mascara requirement. I'll be sticking with my L'oreal or Max Factor mascaras- similar performance without the spending guilt.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT!!! After 1 week of use I need to change my rating. This started making my lashes extremely brittle and they would actually break right off. I agree with other reviews that it's hard to remove and I lost lashes in the process. It also clumps if you apply more than one coat. I had to return it :(

Great mascara and believe me I've tried them all. Never thought much of Lancome's actually until I tried this one. Make eyes look very big and gives long pretty lashes in one coat. It dries fairly quicky (so not too wet/heavy) and curls lashes nicely. Great brush that grabs every lash. Haven't noticed any flaking or raccoon eyes at all. Would def. reccommend you try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 5:20:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally am not a huge fan of Lancome mascara, but this one is incredible. I tried it over a waterproof like I normally do to hold curl and it was only okay. Yesterday I was in a rush and curled my lashes and put this on and WOW! My lashes looked fake. The curl stayed all day, didn't smudge and came off with soap and water. My friend even said "what's up with your lashes?" I thought something was wrong, but then she said "they're super long." Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Just received this mascara yesterday-I love it-my new HG mascara. The brush is curved and applies the mascara in just the right amount on all the top lashes at once. it does curve, thicken & somewhat lengthen the lashes. With a second coat they look like false lashes! Will def. repurchase.