Lancome Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

3.5

My lashes did curl and look great, but I would not purchase again because it is so hard to remove. Eye makeup remover did nothing. Soap and water made it disintegrate into dozens of black specks that stuck to my skin like glue. It was really awful.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am a fan of Lanocme mascaras. I like the fact that they make your lashes dark & thick looking. Normally I buy Hypnose, but I am a sucker for a good advert. Every curling mascara I have ever tried has failed miserably on me & this one is no exception. I suspect this is a problem with my eyelashes & not necessarily the mascaras. Anyways despite the fact it doesn't really curl my lashes I still like this mascara. It does give a slight lift (more than Hypnose) & I found the results much better after trying the method listed below (using the outer curve first).
I would probably re-purchase this, I think I prefer it to Hypnose. I find, for me, that Lancome mascaras do last a bit longer than other brands (as in not drying out so fast).

This mascara will give enhanced yet natural look to lashes but it would never look clumpy or unnatural if applied correctly. I won't recomend it to thos who like artificial false lashes look or those who have very short, stubby lashes as it probably won't deliver the expected result. It is perfect for long/medium long, thick lashes. It really enhance natural curl and it's even better if applied after use of lash curler. Always apply with outer side of the wand curve, otherwise it can get clumpy. Lasts all day and removes easily with soap or eye makeup remover. I was given this as a present. .Well, I actally feel that the price is to high for the result it delivers.

This mascara is terrible. There's nothing wrong with the wand, it's the actual mascara formula itself. It's so dry and dries TOO fast, and unless you apply it super super fast, you'll get stiff lashes. Not to mention it's hardest mascara to wash off! I ended up losing a few lashes trying to do that =/ Very disappointing since most Lancome mascaras are extremely good quality.

Dissapointed. I'm looking for dramatic lashes and this didn't deliver. Didn't really do much more than some of the better drugstore mascaras. The search goes on. So far, believe it or not, I've been the most impressed with Mary Kays Ultimate mascara!

Looks like false lashes, easy curve brush makes application a breeze, and doesn't run at all. Its worth the money.

Definitely curls lashes and provideds good color, but this stuff has a bad, bad clumping problem. If they'd thin up the formula a bit it'd be perfect!

I'm really sorry about the poor reviews below, because this mascara doesn't deserve them. Seems that the reviewers never applied it more than once.
IMHO, It is actually one of the best for precise application and building volume.
Yes, the first couple applications it does feel too wet and has given me "spider legs" instead of curved lashes. Especially if you're trying to use the inner side of the curve.
But try applying it first with the outer side of the curve - you'll get perfectly defined, curved and naturally looking lashes, and then another layer with the inner side of the brush - and you'll get loads of glamorous volume.
The only drawback I found in a month is that it tends to smudge under the eyes, but that's what all Lancome mascaras do to me :)
I would buy this again though, but as I'm always looking for something new, I think I'll try something else next time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Okay, this isn't a TERRIBLE mascara, it's probably in my top ten list.

Pros: If I curl my eyelashes FIRST with a curler, this mascara seems to HOLD the curve a little better than other mascaras, but I don't feel like it makes them curvier on its own.

Cons: You have about 27 seconds to apply it before it starts making your lashes clumpy. I've found that if I quickly apply it, one coat, and don't mess with it, it looks pretty good, and my eyelashes look long and separated. But if you try to keep applying and separating...you'll get a yucky, disappointing mess.
*I've found Max Factor Volume Couture to be OUTSTANDING, and gives me a similar (better) look for less $$.

Torn between the fantastic Lancome mascara advertisements and the so-so reviews here, I decided to go for a Lancome makeover offered to me at a special rate and got a Virtuose sample.

Boy was I glad I never forked out the money to buy a full-sized one!

At first upon using it I thought I didn't get the application method correct, but soon after I realised that it was the product that was flawed. A colleague even tried to recommend me another mascara after I told her what I was using.

Firstly, the formula is very thick. So, it clumps lashes together AND dries out inside the tube very quickly.

Secondly, eyelashes are not lifted and curled!!! I normally curl my lashes before applying mascara, but this one hardly helps to make the curl last. By midday (I work inside an air-conditioned environment too) they are droopy.

Thirdly, it FLAKES. I have mascara flakes all over my undereye area by mid-morning. Enough said. I repurchased a cheaper and better mascara to replace this one.

Popular Mascaras