November 27, 2014 | 1543 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

This mascara is terrible. There's nothing wrong with the wand, it's the actual mascara formula itself. It's so dry and dries TOO fast, and unless you apply it super super fast, you'll get stiff lashes. Not to mention it's hardest mascara to wash off! I ended up losing a few lashes trying to do that =/ Very disappointing since most Lancome mascaras are extremely good quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jilliane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dissapointed. I'm looking for dramatic lashes and this didn't deliver. Didn't really do much more than some of the better drugstore mascaras. The search goes on. So far, believe it or not, I've been the most impressed with Mary Kays Ultimate mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Cammyb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks like false lashes, easy curve brush makes application a breeze, and doesn't run at all. Its worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by saraheel

Definitely curls lashes and provideds good color, but this stuff has a bad, bad clumping problem. If they'd thin up the formula a bit it'd be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by chertovka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really sorry about the poor reviews below, because this mascara doesn't deserve them. Seems that the reviewers never applied it more than once.
IMHO, It is actually one of the best for precise application and building volume.
Yes, the first couple applications it does feel too wet and has given me "spider legs" instead of curved lashes. Especially if you're trying to use the inner side of the curve.
But try applying it first with the outer side of the curve - you'll get perfectly defined, curved and naturally looking lashes, and then another layer with the inner side of the brush - and you'll get loads of glamorous volume.
The only drawback I found in a month is that it tends to smudge under the eyes, but that's what all Lancome mascaras do to me :)
I would buy this again though, but as I'm always looking for something new, I think I'll try something else next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by espyh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, this isn't a TERRIBLE mascara, it's probably in my top ten list.

Pros: If I curl my eyelashes FIRST with a curler, this mascara seems to HOLD the curve a little better than other mascaras, but I don't feel like it makes them curvier on its own.

Cons: You have about 27 seconds to apply it before it starts making your lashes clumpy. I've found that if I quickly apply it, one coat, and don't mess with it, it looks pretty good, and my eyelashes look long and separated. But if you try to keep applying and separating...you'll get a yucky, disappointing mess.
*I've found Max Factor Volume Couture to be OUTSTANDING, and gives me a similar (better) look for less $$.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by glassring

Torn between the fantastic Lancome mascara advertisements and the so-so reviews here, I decided to go for a Lancome makeover offered to me at a special rate and got a Virtuose sample.

Boy was I glad I never forked out the money to buy a full-sized one!

At first upon using it I thought I didn't get the application method correct, but soon after I realised that it was the product that was flawed. A colleague even tried to recommend me another mascara after I told her what I was using.

Firstly, the formula is very thick. So, it clumps lashes together AND dries out inside the tube very quickly.

Secondly, eyelashes are not lifted and curled!!! I normally curl my lashes before applying mascara, but this one hardly helps to make the curl last. By midday (I work inside an air-conditioned environment too) they are droopy.

Thirdly, it FLAKES. I have mascara flakes all over my undereye area by mid-morning. Enough said. I repurchased a cheaper and better mascara to replace this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by romanticize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is really shit.. it make's my lashes long but clumpy and sticky. Terrible.. It's also hardly to remove, my lashes started to fall out. People, do not buy this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by cheshireycat

I usually just wear clear mascara since my lashes are already long and dark, but wanted something really dramatic for nights out. I was looking for thickening, curl and definition, and of course no clumps.

Anyway, I bought this, took it home and put it on and really liked it! It didn't really thicken, but I could learn to layer it... AND it didn't clump, AND it didn't give me spider lashes (like even a single coat of most mascaras does), AND it didn't rub off when my eyes teared AND it dried quickly.

I was very happy, until I realized that my eyes were itching a lot. I always made sure to gently take it off well at night, but even after a few hours of wearing this my eyes would itch, and my eyelash line would sometimes become red and irritated, and I'd lose a few lashes. I figured though, that since I only used it on special occasions, I could deal with the irritation once-in-a-while. And I could, until maybe the fifteenth time I used it when I got an irritation so bad that I had a red bump on my lashline and lost 3 or 4 millimeters worth of lashes, and the whole lid itched like crazy for days. I looked up reviews and found others who were losing lots of eyelashes using this product or ending up with dry, irritated eyes, when this product just came out and these people couldn't have had those mascara tubes for long.

So, despite being the minority, I think it's important to let others know. The look was great, but no mascara is really worth losing lashes over. So I'm still on the hunt, but I won't be using this one again.

Virtuose has been the only Lancome mascaras I've tried to irritate my eyes, but their others just don't have the same effect for me. In general, I really like their products and have no irritation issues with their eye shadows and liners.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 11:27:00 AM More reviews by lueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not my favourite but I still like it. Gives me pretty lashes though I prefer a more dramatic effect. This one lifts and curls, doesn't clump, but as many mentioned before, is quite dry. I'd also like more volume. My favourite mascara remains YSL Faux Cills. Update: I removed a lippie because it dried up unbelievably quickly. After 2 moths all the effect I get is stiff lashes and I feel like scraping my lashes with the brush.