December 20, 2014 | 1581 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a bit suprised that this has sooo low points, Ok, it took a few days for me to learn how to use it but now I have to honestly say that it is absolutly worth it because it is so cheap.
This mineral foundation is recommended by the Finnish asthma and allergy association (same as Youngblood).
I got my on sale, I'm not sure but it maybe that Loreal is going to change the formula. The Us version Bare naturel is without talc and silicones now, based on Boron nitride and Kaolin. I also say on the site that it is a new formula, so we in Europe have to wait and see what happens.
I like that it contains Talc, it helps my oily skin to keep it matte but still have a soft (non oily) glow. This also is more photo-frendly on me than past mineral makeups, No shiny noses and foreheads.
This hasn't clogged my pores at all, and I'm a bit suprised about that. Contais a wax, and the same wax has made me break out in the past but no problems with this one. This may contain Bismurth oxichloride that make my nose area ichy-ichy, but I havn't had problems with this. Don't know if the shade N3 don't contain it or if it is in an small quantity that it don't irritate me.
I only give it an 4, I'll take away 1 for the color selection. Only 5 colors. The N3 is abit to dark and the D1 to light. The N3 is ok for the summer, but D1 is my winter shade.
Loreal says that it is light as a powder, but I don't agree. Has a bit heavy feeling, not as light as BE or LM. It is also a bit difficult to put on, goes on heavy and easly goes on uneven. I have started mixing in a Loose mineralpowder, that gives a more light feeling to it, and it goes on more matte. Also much more easy to put on.
The jar + brush isn't the best but ok for having in the bag for touch ups, but use a better brush and a bigger jar, that will help to get it more eaven.
You can use it as an powder but it may give you an heavy look. Always blot before! It does cover up breakouts and undereye darkness, but not as good as Youngblood, but still ok.
Overall I'm happy with it, specially now when I'm mixing it with a loose powder.

Update: Atfter using this for 2 weeks I have started to get some breakouts and clogged pores. It's nothing extreme but I think it has something to do with the Carnauba Wax (or maybe another wax-like ingredient). I'm going to take a break from this to see what happens. Abit sad, still a ok product. This goes down from a 4 to a 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this for £13.99 - very expensive, so I was expecting it to be particularly good. I was impressed by the blurb on the pot, which states that it evens your skin tone just like a foundation but has the advantage that it is as light as a powder, long-lasting, and has the added benefit of containing SPF 15!

The powder comes in fairly small (10g) plastic pot, about two and a half inches high and an inch and a half wide. It has a transparent plastic lid, which you remove to reveal a small brush (which looks a lot like a shaving brush that my granddad used to use) with fairly soft bristles about half an inch in depth. Once you remove the plastic lid, you then have to screw off the bristle brush, which is attached to a silver coloured base. You are then left with the third part (i.e. the little pot of powder). Once you remove the sticky paper which prevents the powder from falling out, you then have to re-attach the bristle brush to its base and turn the pot upside down gently (without shaking, otherwise you are left with an awful mess), so that the powder falls into the brush. The idea is that you then have to (very gently) put the brush into the pot sifter and then shake off the excess powder before applying to your face with gentle circular motions.

I have to say that by the time Iíd read the instructions I was exhausted. After applying the stuff I was even more exhausted and looked ridiculous! The instructions state that you have to apply this stuff working from the middle of your face (i.e. the nose area, I guess) to the outside of the face. I did just this, making sure I did not load my brush with too much of the powder. The immediate result was hideous, and thatís no exaggeration! I looked like a painted clown, despite the fact that I have quite dark olive skin & purchased a shade the MA gave to me. The brush is incredibly difficult to manoeuvre and the powder just clung to my skin in great uneven patches. It looked like Iíd applied fake tan and it had all gone horribly wrong. The only consolation was that (unlike fake tan), I was able to wash the stuff straight off afterwards. It clung to the sides of my nose, around my chin and all around the eye area. Once itís on your face, thatís it, because itís a powder foundation you are unable to blend it in with your fingertips (nor are you meant to).

The instructions for this stuff state that it is meant to be lightweight and allows the air to flow around my skin. I donít know what they are talking about here, but it clearly isnít this stuff. It looked like I was caked in stage make-up. My 21 year old brother came upstairs at this point, and once he saw me he was hysterical. The tears rolled down his face & he asked me what on earth was doing. I showed him the bottle and he agreed with me that the shade looked like the right one in the pot.

The only good points are the added SPF & that it contains 95% minerals. I genuinely bought it believing the hype Ė i.e. that it would give me a matte and flawless complexion. It didnít! It was extremely disappointing and a big let down. Iím £13.99 worse off and itís since been binned! I'll be sticking to my maybelline mineral foundation; 10 times better than this crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by scofu

Got this on a whim as I was curious to try a "non-high end" mineral foundation. I have used Jane Iredale and BE in the past but these are sooo expensive here in the UK that I was keen to see how this measured up. I have to say I am pretty disappointed. Tried shade N3 Creamy beige (I am MAC NW20-30) which seemed OK in the shop but as others have said has a most unflattering orange undertone. The coverage is OK, but only if you put it on CAREFULLY with a decent quality small blusher brush (ie NOT the scratchy brush it comes with). You can't rush the application, if you put it on before your day cream has sunk in, the powder clings horribly and you end up with very unflattering thick patches of foundation. It has to be buffed into the skin well. It also made my face itchy when I got hot - I think it must contain other ingredients than minerals - sensitive skin owners beware.

The worst thing about this product is the packaging - did I mention the horrible brush?? Very difficult to open without getting powder everywhere and definitely not portable.

Very disappointed for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by cuchillo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, this is what "bare naturale" line is called outside of the US (and maybe canada, don't know for sure)

I had been wanting to try mineral foundations for a while, and one day while grocery shopping i decided to give this little fella a try.
the packaging is not very friendly, as other reviewers have stated: not a good product to be carrying around in your purse because there is a big risk of spilling it.
i also think this is a bit on the pricy side, being a drugstore product.
the coverage is medium but buildable to very heavy if not applied carefully and as directed (or if you want heavier coverage).
now, color match was where I was most disappointed. I had previously tried the true match liquid foundation and found that every single color turned orange on me. with mineral foundations i had heard this did not happen, i went with a shade called honey something (N6) which surprisingly matched my skintone almost perfectly, but i was SO dissapointed to find that the more i buffed the powder on my skin, it started turning some weird taupe shade. I thought it may be because of some face moisturizer i had put on so i tried it on my arms and even on my stomach to see if the same thing happened and it did.... I don't know if this is also oxidation because it is not turning orange, it turns weird shades of dusky rose/taupe and makes my face look ridiculous.
for obvious reasons i didn't get to wear it long enough to tell if it dries my skin or breaks me out.
i definitely wouldn't buy this again, but i'm still willing to try other mineral foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sikenthreads

I don't really know what to make of this product :/
I was so super-excited to try it, but if I'm being honest with myself, I was pretty disappointed. I had longggg been dying to try mineral makeup and since this was one of the cheapest and readily available (I rarely buy online) I decided to give this a go.
The product has both pros and cons, and so the easiest way to do this would simply be to list them, and let you make your own mind up!
PROS:
- can give both sheer and heavy coverage depending on how much you want to layer
- has a brush if you need it
- If you tip out too much, you can just tap the tub lightly to get the powder through the sifter back into the container
- it feels pretty light on your skin and not too cakey
- being a mineral makeup, it's supposedly better for your skin
CONS:
- I think it's quite expensive - I bought mine as a buy- three- for- the- price- of- two offer at Superdrug, but this foundation normally retails at £12.99
- If you apply too much, it can end up looking orange
- The brush is quite itchy and a bit of a nuisance
- You have to be careful not to get the powder everywhere, so this is not ideal for carrying around in your bag

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Afiach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find this product expensive for what it is. I like the packaging, the brush is a little itchy, but it's perfect for somebody who wants to try mineral makeup for the first time. Problem is, I don't want to be paying extra for the packaging when I already have a brush, and all I want is the product.

It's easy to apply, tap and buff. I never got a true colour match, each shade left me a little orange. I had to apply it lightly. It gave good coverage and didn't make me break out with acne. It's matte.

However, it didn't last very long, and it rubbed off. Which is completely useless for me. I now use it over my usual foundation, it's gives me an extra, bronzed glow when I apply it lightly on the cheekbone area, like a blush/bronzer.

I will not be repurchasing as to say the least, I don't get very much usage out of this product and I was simply disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by aidenfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

how l'oreal can call this a mineral foundation i do not know,a good mineral foundation should only have about 5 ingredients.so dont be fooled by this scam...okay so this foundation did give me quite good coverage and was easy enough to put on but it made me itch like crazy and break out.do not buy this stuff its terrible!!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by CopenhagenRocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I am almost relieved to see so may thumbs down reviews for this one. I thought I'd give this mineral craze a try, and I guess this was the wrong brand to try...The packaging is terrible, you get it all over the place, the brush is stiff and you have brush hairs all over your face once you've applied this. I understand that you're supposed to use circular motions to apply this, but no matter how much I circulate the stuff, it looks cakey and extremely flaky on my nose and cheeks...terrible - on my skin anyways. I am almost embarrassed to have worn this in public....Will not repurchase and feel that L'Oreal should offer a full refund on this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I expected a great product, after all, it isn't cheap. But al so many times, L'Oreŗl let me down again, worst I ever bought!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by swash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Basically its awful. I have used minerals before and never had such a bad reaction as I did with this. Colour match was quite good, but this really really dried my skin out and I never usually have this problem with anything. Only used it one day. Took too long to apply and went patchy by mid morning completely slid off the T zone and dried and flaked my skin elsewhere.