L'Oreal True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

3.2

Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 10.0. Other ingredients : Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Calcium Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Copper PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Panthenol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides

This is my first mineral make-up, I bought it out of an impulse as there are quite numerous thing going on with the so-called-mineral make-up. But all I could say I'm not so fond with this product..the packaging are not user friendly, the brush is so not meant for the face..the brush for cleaning my laptop is even way softer!
The powder gets clumped easily, even in the jar!on my face...upon applying, it kept leaving brush marks and its so hard to have it spread evenly all over the face..though it did covered everything that should be covered on my face but in the end of the day, I have those horrible Dear-God-I-Had-To-Much-Make Up face going on..since it gets sooooo cakey!! This is surely not a buy again product for me!

There is so much hype about mineral makeup I thought I would buy this one as a "test" to see how my skin reacts rather than buying a more expensive department store brand.

Firstly the packaging is very clumsy. after using the brush to pick up the powder, there is nowhere to "shake" the brush to remove excess powder as the container is so small. Also, I'm not sure what material the brush is made of but it is very rough on the skin.

Despite experimenting many times, its difficult to get even coverage. The powder kept "clumping" onto my skin in little patches - i think it is sticking to my moisturiser. and If you have some fine hair growing on your face, it sticks to the hair mand makes it more obvious.

The worst part was, it made my skin very very itchy especially when I sweat (after doing some google searches, I found this is a common reaction to mineral makeup products). It also dried out my skin so much so that afterwards, I had to put on a moisture mask just to make my skin feel comfortable again.

I will not be buying this product again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My skin tone is nc15 and I use W1 (Golden Ivory),

Iím very surprised by all of the negative reviews; this product works fantastically for me. I have mineral foundations by Bare Escentuals, Maybelline & Rimmel as well & while I love them, the colour match, coverage & lasting power of TRUE MATCH MINERALS outdoes them all.

The powder seems to melt seamlessly into your skin & the coverage is very even. Itís easy to blend & build up for a light/medium natural looking natural coverage, the finished look seems to have a slight glow to it.
Like I mentioned above; the colour match is great. In the jar the powder looked a little too dark for me, but the colour adjusts to your skin tone once applied.
TRUE MATCH MINERALS is lightweight, so Iíve not experienced any dry patches, none of that cakey look & it ha a non-itchy feel.

I donít have a problem with the packaging either. There are 2 lids on this (one to protect the brush & the brush screws over the sifter jar). Itís no major hassle.
The included brush gets the job done fine & if you donít have a brush the inclusion is invaluable. Admittedly, those of us used to mineral foundations will have our own personal favourite brush for application; I prefer to use my Benefit Bluff Puff.

The only thing about TRUE MATCH MINERALS that hasnít impressed me is the £13.99 price tag. It took me ages to try this product because of the price. For me the results will justify the price, but Iíve had family & friends who continue to look this product over in favor of lower priced variants e.g. Maybelline & Rimmel.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really liked this product, though I've only used it through my sister and me being the second palest in the family, it was one or two shades too dark. But I applied it lightly (with the very uncomfortable and bristly monster of a brush) ignored some of the orange the wrong shade gave me and adored the results. Great coverage with a nice glow.

The packaging isn't very convenient and it's pretty pricey but worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this since I was breaking out really badly and I thought that if I'll use l'oreal mineral make up, it'll make it better. This product is rather pricey.. I bought it for £13.99! I bought two of it becuase I couldn't find the right shade for me.

I was fooled by the advertisements of this product.. it says it is gentle and good for your skin. It made my acne worst! I was breaking out! more than ever since I started using this product without even realising it because I believed that it is "good" for my skin. I used it everyday for two months hoping that it'll help clear out my acne but instead it made my skin absolutely hoorrible. My skin was very dry and it made my skin feel itchy. it also made my skin look like I had big pores and wrinkles! No make up I used have done this to my skin!

The packaging is also crap, the brush was scratchy to my skin which gives my skin a burning sensation (I had to buy a separate brush!), applying it is very messy..

I'm very disappointed and I definitely will not re-purchase.

I like this. It's my first foundation and I reckon it does a great job. I had started out with the 'Bare Naturale' product but the shade I had chosen was too dark. (Currently using golden ivory).
Smooth with great light to medium coverage. I wouldn't recommend this for heavy coverage because it does become really obvious that you've got something on your face. I can't complain about the price... but I ended up buying a mineral foundation brush (Bloom) for this, and the results are much better than using the one that's been built in. Even a normal powder brush does a better job for even application.
Doesn't irritate or dry out skin. Yeah!

UPDATE: I've been using this for 6 months now, and I like it even more. I highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first foundation I tried that I am able to wear. Most foundations make my skin "curl" in a matter of minutes (eczema + general sensitivity). I have even tried a makeup artist and she gave up trying to get my skin to wear liquid or compact foundations. So, for me, loose powder mineral foundations it is.

True Match Minerals may not work for everyone, but works perfect for me. I get light-medium coverage, and as long as I use my soft professional brush (not the nasty brush included in the packaging!) and "swirl, tap, buff" (sorry, BE) it goes on perfect and seamless. If you apply it and it seems chalky/dusty, wait a couple of minutes in order for it to set. It gets satiny, not really glowy, but nice satiny. Also, apply moisturizer before, but let it be fully absorved and only then apply foundation.

I wear the W1 Golden Ivory in Winter, mixed with just a bit of W4 Golden Beige or W5 Golden Sand when my skin gets a bit more colour in Spring/Summer.

I will try other powder makeup foundations, but for the time being this is HG for me.

I gave a 2 to packaging because the brush is rubbish and I would rather have a normal package. The product itself, for me, is a 5.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is ok! But no matter what type of brush i use this is just a heavy looking mineral foundation! The coverage is very full on and i feel like I'm wearing a mask! I ended up giving this away to my friend because she loves it, whereas i prefer something ALOT lighter for the daytime and even at night time i want my natural skin to show through. otherwise it's just too much fake advertising going on!

I'm very confused with this product...on one hand, it did make my skin glow and look absolutely perfect, but on the other, there are sooo many flaws to it!
Packaging is a mess, and the brush that comes with it is rubish, and also, mastering how to put it on takes quite a bit of time. Normally I can do my whole makeup and hair in the same amount of time that takes me to put this on right! And then the staying power sucks, and the worst part is that it rubs off in a very weird way, making you look patchy!!
Being that I spend long hours at my job and have to interact with people, I really need something that makes me look fresh for a long time, and this is definitely not it. I still gave it a 3 just because it does make my skin look really nice, but for the amount of fuss that comes with it, I don't think I will re-purchase this again...

Saw the advertising in Vogue USA & very interested to buy it.I have great experienced with Alima, but I want something simple & compact for daily use,a 2-in-1-thing, powder foundation & brush in 1 package.
First try was horrible,try to follow the instruction.The result : my face looked like a wax statue in Mme Tussaud museum,not only chalky.
I put aside this stuff for awhile and think that it was a waste.
Give another try one day (didn't like to see my money spent for nothing), try to take a very little amount of powder,swirl,swirl,repeat until it covered all of my face.Really careful to put only a light layer of this foundation.
Put my eye make up & blush on and one layer of MUFE pressed powder as a final touch.
Very surprised with the result,my face look glowing and put together.
Another try for a night out, added a touch of Dior Flower Blossom. Still satisfied.

The key is : use only a little amount of this powder which is quite difficult especially with the ridiculous brush.Insted of the built-in-brush,I used my Alima brush.

Buy it again?I don't think so even now I'm quite happy with the result.I must really really careful to use only a little amount or I will look like a wax statue.

The packaging also poor,can't bring it in my purse since the packaging could leak and the powder would stain my purse (trust me,it happened several times and I stop bring it in my purse).

Think to go back to Alima after I finished this powder foundation.