July 25, 2014 | 1771 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Minerals

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by swash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Basically its awful. I have used minerals before and never had such a bad reaction as I did with this. Colour match was quite good, but this really really dried my skin out and I never usually have this problem with anything. Only used it one day. Took too long to apply and went patchy by mid morning completely slid off the T zone and dried and flaked my skin elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

Well, for me it's a quite nice powder foundation. I would NOT recomend it if you need very sheer coverage ( it would be to heavy for you) OR if you need a complete coverage ( because then you will find that this is too light, or putting to much result in chalky face). It's almost perfect if you need light to medium coverage. If you wont put to much you'll end up with a nice satin skin, which even looks glowy for me. Maybe that's because i use moisturizer beforehand.It can be quite drying, but it's good for my oily skin it lasts about 6-8 hours, which is ok for me. After I put it I can feel little itch for maybe two minutes, then it goes away. At first i thought it's a bad thing... But i guess it's not too bad, because this powder hasn't made me broke or clog the pores. Remember that you need to rub it in circular motions well, after your moisturizer and/or concealer completely soaked in. After a few minutes the powder sets to your skin and you're done and look pretty. The package isn't too neat, but i can live with that. And put something on your clothes because the powder could stain it. So yes, i would recomend it, especially if you have combination/oily skin. Oh, i almost forgot, it doesn't go orange on me. It's pretty good powder foundation, but the price is a bit to high for a lower-end product. However, i would buy it again.
EDIT. After using it for awhile i noticed some blocked pores even with my nearly perfect face care routine. My skin also become drier. Maybe i'll keep it for summer, when my skin is even oilier. Not so good foundation as it looked at first...It's too average or the price, i guess i won't buy again when it runs out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by AnnieBBB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this and am really shocked no-one else does. This is the only thing I have ever used to give totally full coverage that covers my acne scars with a really thin layer that does not sit on my skin in a mask like layer.

I have the lightest shadce which look lovely and at £13.00 a jar it is really affordable.

The foundation lasts from dawn till dusk without touching up and does not cause me to breakout which happens with all liquid foundations. This does not require setting with a powder it is fine on it's own.

This product has no perfume, no preservatives, is oil free and non-comedogenic. I think I am reaping the rewards because I have persevered with it and only now got the technique right.

I use a separate lid to put the foundation in and that way there is no mess because you only use a tiny bit at a time and the jar lasts me a good three months.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by fairykisses

Ive been using this product for some time now but more recently have noticed that my cheeks are becoming drier and drier. Until reading reviews on this foundation on this site I never expected this to be the culprit but I am forced to except now that it is.
The foundation itself is okay a bit cakey and of course can dry out skin. It needs a lot more blending than you may first think and the brush supplied with it can be a bit annoying to use as its not all that soft on skin.
Another issue Ive discovered is that you cant use cream blushers whilst wearing this so mines had to be chucked in the bin as the thick creamy powdery residue left on the face after mixing this foundation and a cream product is most undesirable.
Overall this product is okay but im currently on the lookout for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kittykat36

I tried this out because of the current craze with mineral foundations. I've got to say that it's hard to get that 'barely there' look with this powder and it does take a lot more blending than I had thought it would on buying it. I don't like the way I'm always covered in the powder when I finish applying or the way the brush is quite scratchy around my eye area in particular.

However, that said the finish is quite good and it's fairly long lasting (compared to my usual foundation and pressed powder combo) so I can't complain there.

I've not been using it for long, but reading the reviews here I'm a bit worried. I've previously had problems with flaky cheeks and don't want to dehydrate my skin again. In all I think this is ok but said I wouldn't buy again because I think there's probably something out there that's better for me.

12 November 2008 - UPDATE

Actually have discovered I love this foundation - the staying power was much better when I started using in conjunction with Philosophy's The Supernatural primer - though I imagine any preferred primer would do the same.

The brush however still keeps one lippie off because it is just too scratchy. I will buy again but have own brush to apply now and am much happier with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Fashion_Hottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard about this minerals craze earlier this year & it sounded really good, especially with the added SPF. I didn't want to try an expensive 1 first, so went for L'Oreal. Ok, so the packaging is a pain, but that's honestly my only main problem with it. I unfortunately suffer with spots & putting this on over my concealer makes my skin almost flawless. When I began using this the difference my skin looked was so noticable - especially in photographs. I got this in summer & so had quite a dark colour (because I tan well), so I may need a lighter colour in winter. It can be applied lightly & blended well though. Apart from my spots, my skins pretty good, so to even it up this is the best foundation I've used. I also forget I have it on as it feels so light, but unfortunately it transfers to my clothes quite badly. This is 1 make-up item I won't leave the house without & it also doesn't make my spots worse or anything. I need powder because I have oily skin & this really lasts all day/night. I think the packaging problem is worth the effort & I'm disabled!! Final point - do not use the brush that comes with it, invest in a good brush & you should have absolutely no problems!!! Plus it's not expensive :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I agree the final result is very good (maybe a bit on the heavy side, as I'm into more translucent foundations), the whole packaging and applying process is tricky, if not devilish. A working mother of two cannot afford to spend her time brushing her face for a whole five minutes (that's what it takes if you want a perfect finish) AND then scrubbing her bathroom sink and then dusting her dress before leaving for work. Definitely too messy.
I'll keep it for rare occasions of robust coverage and plenty of time

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2007 4:27:00 AM More reviews by johunter

i have a love hate relationship with foundation. It always either looks caked on, feels horrible or dries me out. I wanted a foundation that gave me a natural look without a lot of effort and I do think that Minerals does the trick. I agree with everyone else that the packaging is the downside. I just try and be as gentle as I can shaking and opening it. But the actual product looks flawless and I can't tell it's on all day, even after 12 hours at work. My advise is to make sure you shake off the excess, blend gently, and don't use too much. A little actually does go a long way, but the transition isn't as noticable as when you put on other foundation. I got it at Boots in the UK for £10, and I definitely think it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Hollenbubble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

COLOUR - there is a good colour range with this product, and Golden Beige is almost perfect for me. TEXTURE - you don't actually feel this product as it is applied with a brush, but your skin feels soft and smooth after using it. FINISH - freshly applied, this looks even and softly matte. However, can look powdery and a little chalky if too much is applied or not blended well. WEAR - this product claims to be long lasting, but this is where it lets me down - after only a few hours I'm horribly shiny, the colour is patchy and has settled into pores. It's a real shame, because everything else about it is so promising. But since I have oily skin, staying power and shine control are very important in a foundation. PACKAGING - very convenient. It comes in a smallish loose powder-style container, with a mini kabuki brush attached to the lid and another larger clear lid to keep the brush clean. You tip the container upside down to get the powder flowing, then unscrew the brush and swirl it in the powder, tap off excess and buff over skin. I love the idea of mineral foundation, and I'm sure for people with normal skin this is great. But not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by silvertips

Like many other reviewers I bought this as it was on offer and I was keen to try a mineral foundation and see if it was as good as the hype (i'm not convinced)..

It does give good coverage and went on easily enough (with a different brush, the one that comes with it made my face feel itchy), it also stays on well. The thing that puts me off repurchasing it is it felt heavier on my face than using a liquid foundation and powder. It doesn't feel natural like my usual foundations (I normally wear No.7).

I've taken another users advice and use a light dusting of it over foundation - it gives a lovely finish and staying power so good for a night out.

Edited to say: a few months on and I don't use this at all now. Too heavy and powdery with less coverage than a liquid foundation. Plus I hate the mess it makes and having to use the brush so much - even swapping to a natural kabuki type brush makes me feel itchy by the time this stuff has blended in!