L'Oreal True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

3.2

Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 10.0. Other ingredients : Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Calcium Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Copper PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Panthenol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 12/16/2008 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this since I was breaking out really badly and I thought that if I'll use l'oreal mineral make up, it'll make it better. This product is rather pricey.. I bought it for £13.99! I bought two of it becuase I couldn't find the right shade for me.

I was fooled by the advertisements of this product.. it says it is gentle and good for your skin. It made my acne worst! I was breaking out! more than ever since I started using this product without even realising it because I believed that it is "good" for my skin. I used it everyday for two months hoping that it'll help clear out my acne but instead it made my skin absolutely hoorrible. My skin was very dry and it made my skin feel itchy. it also made my skin look like I had big pores and wrinkles! No make up I used have done this to my skin!

The packaging is also crap, the brush was scratchy to my skin which gives my skin a burning sensation (I had to buy a separate brush!), applying it is very messy..

I'm very disappointed and I definitely will not re-purchase.

on 12/13/2008 11:30:00 PM

I like this. It's my first foundation and I reckon it does a great job. I had started out with the 'Bare Naturale' product but the shade I had chosen was too dark. (Currently using golden ivory).
Smooth with great light to medium coverage. I wouldn't recommend this for heavy coverage because it does become really obvious that you've got something on your face. I can't complain about the price... but I ended up buying a mineral foundation brush (Bloom) for this, and the results are much better than using the one that's been built in. Even a normal powder brush does a better job for even application.
Doesn't irritate or dry out skin. Yeah!

UPDATE: I've been using this for 6 months now, and I like it even more. I highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first foundation I tried that I am able to wear. Most foundations make my skin "curl" in a matter of minutes (eczema + general sensitivity). I have even tried a makeup artist and she gave up trying to get my skin to wear liquid or compact foundations. So, for me, loose powder mineral foundations it is.

True Match Minerals may not work for everyone, but works perfect for me. I get light-medium coverage, and as long as I use my soft professional brush (not the nasty brush included in the packaging!) and "swirl, tap, buff" (sorry, BE) it goes on perfect and seamless. If you apply it and it seems chalky/dusty, wait a couple of minutes in order for it to set. It gets satiny, not really glowy, but nice satiny. Also, apply moisturizer before, but let it be fully absorved and only then apply foundation.

I wear the W1 Golden Ivory in Winter, mixed with just a bit of W4 Golden Beige or W5 Golden Sand when my skin gets a bit more colour in Spring/Summer.

I will try other powder makeup foundations, but for the time being this is HG for me.

I gave a 2 to packaging because the brush is rubbish and I would rather have a normal package. The product itself, for me, is a 5.

on 12/3/2008 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is ok! But no matter what type of brush i use this is just a heavy looking mineral foundation! The coverage is very full on and i feel like I'm wearing a mask! I ended up giving this away to my friend because she loves it, whereas i prefer something ALOT lighter for the daytime and even at night time i want my natural skin to show through. otherwise it's just too much fake advertising going on!

on 9/11/2008 7:39:00 AM

I'm very confused with this product...on one hand, it did make my skin glow and look absolutely perfect, but on the other, there are sooo many flaws to it!
Packaging is a mess, and the brush that comes with it is rubish, and also, mastering how to put it on takes quite a bit of time. Normally I can do my whole makeup and hair in the same amount of time that takes me to put this on right! And then the staying power sucks, and the worst part is that it rubs off in a very weird way, making you look patchy!!
Being that I spend long hours at my job and have to interact with people, I really need something that makes me look fresh for a long time, and this is definitely not it. I still gave it a 3 just because it does make my skin look really nice, but for the amount of fuss that comes with it, I don't think I will re-purchase this again...

on 8/24/2008 6:14:00 AM

Saw the advertising in Vogue USA & very interested to buy it.I have great experienced with Alima, but I want something simple & compact for daily use,a 2-in-1-thing, powder foundation & brush in 1 package.
First try was horrible,try to follow the instruction.The result : my face looked like a wax statue in Mme Tussaud museum,not only chalky.
I put aside this stuff for awhile and think that it was a waste.
Give another try one day (didn't like to see my money spent for nothing), try to take a very little amount of powder,swirl,swirl,repeat until it covered all of my face.Really careful to put only a light layer of this foundation.
Put my eye make up & blush on and one layer of MUFE pressed powder as a final touch.
Very surprised with the result,my face look glowing and put together.
Another try for a night out, added a touch of Dior Flower Blossom. Still satisfied.

The key is : use only a little amount of this powder which is quite difficult especially with the ridiculous brush.Insted of the built-in-brush,I used my Alima brush.

Buy it again?I don't think so even now I'm quite happy with the result.I must really really careful to use only a little amount or I will look like a wax statue.

The packaging also poor,can't bring it in my purse since the packaging could leak and the powder would stain my purse (trust me,it happened several times and I stop bring it in my purse).

Think to go back to Alima after I finished this powder foundation.

on 8/7/2008 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am pretty dissapointed with this product.Since this is the 1st mineral powder that ive been dying to try, it actually gives me poor results. It makes my face chalky even though im using the right shade. It gets more obvious around my nose than it is on the other parts of my face. And to top it off, i dont like the smell of it. It gives me the headache! Usually some powders have a nice or no smell at all but this one smells pretty bad.Unlike other powder smell. So in the end i go back to buying compacts that are more worth it.

on 8/6/2008 11:36:00 AM

I deleted my original review (4 lippies) because this foundation is RUINING MY SKIN. First I thought my pores are being clogged because of the heat but no. As soon as I stopped using this crap my face cleared up again. Then in a weak moment I used it again and during one day a gazillion blackheads appeared on my face. A few days later I managed to fully clear up my pores and then nooooo I tried it again. At the end of the day my perfectly clear face transformed into a minefield. I'm still trying to get rid of the clogged pores and the blotchy skin this makeup gave me. So much for this being good for your skin.

Other than that it's not particularly bad if you can find your shade and you have smooth skin. The smell is nasty and I always felt my skin was suffocating, but foundation is a very personal thing...

One hint though, don't buy a makeup with a 20 something % repurchase rate.

on 7/23/2008 12:15:00 AM

I got this product when i was in mall with my hubby. I am a true match fan and when i saw this product first in Cleo magazine. So when i saw this product in store, i ask the salesgirl how to use this product and what's the benefit and i'm glad she gave me a try to test out this product. To be honest, i'm totally impressed! I thought it just like ordinary loose powder, but i was mistake...It cover my skin well, covers like liquid foundation and the best thing is it makes my skin less oily. I have horrible oily skin especially in the T-zone. Plus, it gave sheer finish w/o making ur skin oily.
But, the bad thing is, im a N4 skin color, but when i bought this color back home, i find out this color is darker than my skin tone. Im not happy because i bought it for USD20++.
But after trying and learning the best way to using this product i found out a wat to use this product w/o making my skin look darker than my skin tone. what i did is i used my liquid true match shade n4, put some loose powder to set it and finally i put my mineralize true match ONLY at my T zne area. The result is really great..i found out my T zone less oily. It really stick to my skin w/o using any base/primes. And i have a secret to share. u know what, this product can cover my lovebite on my neck PERFECTLY! Hahaha....no need to worry going to work with all the red mark on my neck lol!...nway, thanks to my hubby because he is the one who put 20 bucks to buy this prod.i'm happy with it!

on 7/14/2008 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a bit suprised that this has sooo low points, Ok, it took a few days for me to learn how to use it but now I have to honestly say that it is absolutly worth it because it is so cheap.
This mineral foundation is recommended by the Finnish asthma and allergy association (same as Youngblood).
I got my on sale, I'm not sure but it maybe that Loreal is going to change the formula. The Us version Bare naturel is without talc and silicones now, based on Boron nitride and Kaolin. I also say on the site that it is a new formula, so we in Europe have to wait and see what happens.
I like that it contains Talc, it helps my oily skin to keep it matte but still have a soft (non oily) glow. This also is more photo-frendly on me than past mineral makeups, No shiny noses and foreheads.
This hasn't clogged my pores at all, and I'm a bit suprised about that. Contais a wax, and the same wax has made me break out in the past but no problems with this one. This may contain Bismurth oxichloride that make my nose area ichy-ichy, but I havn't had problems with this. Don't know if the shade N3 don't contain it or if it is in an small quantity that it don't irritate me.
I only give it an 4, I'll take away 1 for the color selection. Only 5 colors. The N3 is abit to dark and the D1 to light. The N3 is ok for the summer, but D1 is my winter shade.
Loreal says that it is light as a powder, but I don't agree. Has a bit heavy feeling, not as light as BE or LM. It is also a bit difficult to put on, goes on heavy and easly goes on uneven. I have started mixing in a Loose mineralpowder, that gives a more light feeling to it, and it goes on more matte. Also much more easy to put on.
The jar + brush isn't the best but ok for having in the bag for touch ups, but use a better brush and a bigger jar, that will help to get it more eaven.
You can use it as an powder but it may give you an heavy look. Always blot before! It does cover up breakouts and undereye darkness, but not as good as Youngblood, but still ok.
Overall I'm happy with it, specially now when I'm mixing it with a loose powder.

Update: Atfter using this for 2 weeks I have started to get some breakouts and clogged pores. It's nothing extreme but I think it has something to do with the Carnauba Wax (or maybe another wax-like ingredient). I'm going to take a break from this to see what happens. Abit sad, still a ok product. This goes down from a 4 to a 2