Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

3.0

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 6/10/2007 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like most of the neutrogena sunblocks/suncreens. I tried the SPF 70 because it was on sale. It's a bit thick and hard to apply, but that just shows how much harder it is to take it off...meaning this is going to last longer and did last longer. I didn't have any tan lines at all...which is the goal, since I try to stay sun-free. I think I might like the SPF 30 better, but the SPF 70 makes me feel pretty confident that I'm not going to burn, even if I forget to reapply. It was a bit tacky, but didn't feel greasy to me. I could see how some people may not like the thick consistency. I really didn't mind at all...I smother the sunscreen on like crazy!

on 6/5/2007 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was so disappointed with this SPF upgrade. I'm of very dark complexion, am an avid sunscreen wearer due to acne scars. So i jumped on this sample at the Dermatologists office. I hate to say that the white mask this left on my face was horrible. How disappointing! I'm not even sure if it dries to a Dry-Touch, because i wanted it off my face as soon as it was on. Stick to the SPF 55 or 45 version, i didn't have this problem with these versions.

on 5/27/2007 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am usually very acne-prone like it seems many other reviewers are; however, I love this sunscreen! I have super-pale skin and am trying to protect it. I reapply about every 3-4 hours during the day and haven't had any problems with the greasies or breakouts. I don't get all the problems with the whiteness of the product: just rub it in! Yikes. I use this as a moisturiser so I'm not adding too much to my face. If you want the SPF, just try it out! I will definitely keep buying this!

on 5/17/2007 8:26:00 PM

I've been using the SPF 55 version of this for a looonnggg time, and I recently tried the SPF 70 version (I have very fair skin and a skin disease that does not allow me to get any sun). I was SO happy to see that they came out with a stronger SPF (if it was up to me, I'd wear SPF 10,000 and live in a dark place). However, after a few days it broke me out pretty seriously (I even got some gigantic cyctic acne on my neck where I also apply sunscreen)! The consistency is NOT like the SPF 55 version...it is much more thick and greasy. I'm still dealing with the acne that this product caused, and it has been at least 2 weeks since the whole thing started. I really cannot recommend this product unless you have the DRIEST skin on Earth and you don't plan to wear ANY makeup over it, AND you don't ever break out. Otherwise, stick to the SPF 55! EDIT....needed the SPF and somehow have learned to make this work. My skin got used to it, I guess. Wow....the things this hot sun makes us deal with!!

on 5/15/2007 9:14:00 PM

After using Neutrogena Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 for 2 years and loving it, I was extremely excited to see they came out with an SPF 70 with Helioplex. However, I put it on in a rush and go out to find out that it leaves white streaks all over your face, no matter how much you rub it into your skin! Within an hour, it also leaves white eraser-like rubbings/flakes all over your skin. The SPF 55 does this too. Helioplex isn't a completely proven technology yet, anyway, so I'm just going to go back to the regular SPF 45.

on 5/11/2007 8:29:00 AM

If you apply the recommended 1/4 tsp to your face this is not ultra sheer nor does it have a dry-touch. It feels very greasy and I had to spend a lot of time rubbing it in so the white cast would dissipate. I bought this because I needed a higher spf and PPD. I might use this when I need a waterproof sunscreen this summer but I will not repurchase.

on 4/30/2007 10:54:00 PM

Hated it. Super thick consistency, probably because of the high SPF. Hard to spread onto face, leaves white marks if not blended a ton. Gave me two hard red pimples. Product separated on the first day I bought it. The high SPF is not worth it to me.

on 4/25/2007 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I'm of asian-indian origin, but I still have oddly pale skin (all of my make-up has the word "beige" in it) which burns easily. My skin type is acne-prone, mildly combination, and very, very sensitve. Also, my eyes turn red and water at the slightest irritation. I've tried other sunscreens with half the spf, and ten times the dermal/ocular irritation. This stuff blends easily without being too greasy and goopy. And the spf 70 makes me feel like i'll never get crows-feet (i'm 20). yeah right...

on 4/23/2007 7:57:00 PM

I bit harder to spread than the dry touch SPF 55, and the texture is a bit thicker as well. This SPF 70 version does not feel matte upon application like the SPF 55 that I am used to. Also after an hour, my t-zone began to feel oily already, which is a big minus for me. I actually have to blot after an hour, and I don't even have oily skin. BTW, I am slightly combination during summer only. Considering that it's not even summer yet, I would be afraid to use it during the hot summer time that is arriving soon. I will have to see what happens when summer comes. Over the course of the day, I had to blot a few times.