July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read some reviews of this here and thought I would give it a try, I do think it's a bit strong for me and didn't think that the exfoliating beads would be quite so harsh. I would not use it everyday, but for sometime I used it everyother day to even out my complexion, but at the end of the day I didn't feel it did anything good to my skin and didn't want to overexfoliate in vain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Katie101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

woww is all i can say about this product. its in a form of a gel, but once you start exfoliating it on your face, these tiny micro beads appear. my face ws glowing. scent wise, for some reason it smells like tea!!! but i love this so much, i'm gonna keep on using it religiously.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I love this stuff. My experience with it has been fabulous. I do have some dry skin areas and this does not irritate at all. After I use it my face looks awesome for 2-3 days. You scrub with the exfoliant and then apply this activator gel that makes your whole face tingle.

I do have to say that the Oil of Olay version was pretty much identical to this one... I know that Philosophy has changed the nature of the beads in the exfoliant so they may not be the same but if you want to try it for about half price before you commit to the Philosophy version try out the Oil of Olay one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by KatherynM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and have never found anything that would help with blackheads until Philosophy's microdelivery exfoliating wash. I have been using the wash for about 4 months and cannot believe that the blackheads on my nose, chin and cheeks have gotten so much better than they used to be. I have tried so many products on my nose trying to get the blackheads to go away and nothing has ever worked but this. You really have to use it a few months before you see a difference in the blackheads but your skin feels smoother right away. This is a product I will continue to use (all over my body) forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie

This is by far the most awesome cleanser I have ever used. I am always on the lookout for a good exfoliator for my face and to have found it in a cleanser and get noticeable results is awesome. The little exfoliating bits are not too harsh but they don't feel like the big round beads that do nothing that I have found in other so-called exfoliating cleansers. My skin is so much smoother and just feels nice all around. It doesn't feel tight and dry but it does feel clean. I got the medium sized bottle since I was a bit skeptical but I will definitely be purchasing that largest size I can next time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice, gentle facial scrub for everyday use. Gives your face a smooth glow. Easy to use, even in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by fatallyyours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This works great on my dry skin. Is gentle enough to use everyday. Leaves my skin super soft. Has a slightly weird yet alluring smell. I use this in the morning and Purity at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Griffin1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a face wash with manual exfoliating properties and thought I would give this one a try based on the strength of reviews here. I decanted it into a pump and keep it in my shower and use it as part of my morning routine. It has no noticeable smell, which is a great thing. And the grains feel mildly abrasive without being scratchy. My face feels fresh and clean without being overly stripped.

Honestly, though, I think I was expecting something a little more. It just didn't wow me, as other Philosphy products have in the past. And in terms of benefits, I think I'll just keep some baking soda in the bathroom and mix a bit in with my HG cleanser if I feel the need for a bit of exfoliation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by emmibabyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!
My skin has never looked better. It has COMPLETELY cleared up. I actually look kind of... "glowy". My acne-marks are completely faded. One day I actually FORGOT to put on face makeup because my skin looked so good already.
I didn't even break out during my monthly visit. I actually had NO IDEA my monthly was on its way because I usually break out like crazy. It's hard to believe something this great even exists.
Normally, my skin breaks out like crazy & is super oily, dull, & red. I also have very sensitive skin, so I normally skip over exfoliating cleansers like this one. I only used this because it was the only cleanser around, my usual cleanser was out. Talk about getting lucky.
For the first time, EVER, I have been getting compliments on my skin.
My friends have told me my skin is looking a lot better; even my brutally-honest mom said "Wow, your skin looks good." It's amazing.
Oh, and I ADORE the packaging. Its perfect.
I've been using this both morning & night, which I probably shouldn't be doing. I haven't noticed any dryness yet, but we will see. I'll update if my results take a turn for the worse.

UPDATE! JUNE 6 2012:
Okay, this used to be the best product ever. However they changed the formula - it now includes OIL. I recently bought it again, excited remembering how great it used to be. It broke me out terribly - big cystic ones and lots of little ones. It took me awhile to realize that it was THIS causing it. Once I took another look at the ingredient list and realized my mistake I was pretty unhappy, to say the least.
Maybe this will still work for someone who is able to use some oils - the kind that are supposed to be okay for your skin - but not if you are extremely sensitive like I am. Sad.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite scrub (it just edges out the Wexler microbrasion scrub). It is gentle enough to use every day, so I have it in the shower and use it each morning. It has enough exfoliating beads to give a great scrub, yet enough cleanser to also foam up a bit and give the product some slip. I love the overall feel of this! My skin always feels very soft and smooth after I use this, and doesn't get tight and dry afterwards, which is what most scrubs do to me. I definitely recommend this product!