December 22, 2014 | 885 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this every morning as my face wash for about 6 months. It is lovely stuff. The exfoliating beads are microscopic, but you can really feel the grit when you use it on your face. I believe gentle exfoliation is important to have in your skin care regime, and this fits the bill. It cleansed my face in the morning, and I feel like it is the perfect exfoliator, creating a clean, smooth base for my make up in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by chaque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I feel bad lowering the rating on this product, but I just didn't find it to be anything special. I would suggest that people try it to see how it works out for them. I think my complaints are just a personal preference thing.

It has a very watery consistency so I waste a lot of product because it just falls off my hands while I am in the shower. I cant use this product at the sink because it is just too watery and messy. The cap also gets clogged very easily, so if you aren't paying attention you will waste even more when the clog comes lose. I also dislike the smell.

On the positive side, it has a ton of scrubbing grains. I have very sensitive skin with mild rosacea and this has not irritated my skin any of the times I have used it. It does seem to do a pretty good job at exfoliating, but so do most of the other manual scrubs like this. The price is really good if you can be careful to make sure you don't waste the product like I do. I guess I am just always in a hurry because I am normally running late when I am in the shower!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I find if, for some reason, I haven't used it in a couple days I can really feel the difference in my skin. My only complaint is how the cap gets clogged up sometimes, but really not a huge issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ppw16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, I like anything that saves time, and this is great in the morning for cleansing and exfoliating all at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by bex487

I recently bought this because I'm suffering from the worst dry skin of my life. I wanted an exfoliant I could use daily. I use this every morning in the shower, and it's excellent! Gentle enough for daily use with my very sensitive skin, and I don't mind the smell at all. The exfoliating beads are really small but effective. It is very pricey, but a tiny bit goes a long way. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Cbc1025

This has made my skin luminous and younger looking. I've been using it every morning and night for 3 months now. Doesn't irritate or dry my combination skin. The smell is different but it's not offensive. Overall great product!

Update:
I stopped using this everyday. I just use this once every other day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Bunnisan

This cleanser works really good
the beads do exfoliate so sensitive skin be gentle
but oily,dry,combination skin will do fine
It was a little pricey then other mirco-beading cleansers is all

(\ /)
(^_^)
C(")(")

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read some reviews of this here and thought I would give it a try, I do think it's a bit strong for me and didn't think that the exfoliating beads would be quite so harsh. I would not use it everyday, but for sometime I used it everyother day to even out my complexion, but at the end of the day I didn't feel it did anything good to my skin and didn't want to overexfoliate in vain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Katie101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

woww is all i can say about this product. its in a form of a gel, but once you start exfoliating it on your face, these tiny micro beads appear. my face ws glowing. scent wise, for some reason it smells like tea!!! but i love this so much, i'm gonna keep on using it religiously.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I love this stuff. My experience with it has been fabulous. I do have some dry skin areas and this does not irritate at all. After I use it my face looks awesome for 2-3 days. You scrub with the exfoliant and then apply this activator gel that makes your whole face tingle.

I do have to say that the Oil of Olay version was pretty much identical to this one... I know that Philosophy has changed the nature of the beads in the exfoliant so they may not be the same but if you want to try it for about half price before you commit to the Philosophy version try out the Oil of Olay one.