April 24, 2014 | 1828 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by KatherynM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and have never found anything that would help with blackheads until Philosophy's microdelivery exfoliating wash. I have been using the wash for about 4 months and cannot believe that the blackheads on my nose, chin and cheeks have gotten so much better than they used to be. I have tried so many products on my nose trying to get the blackheads to go away and nothing has ever worked but this. You really have to use it a few months before you see a difference in the blackheads but your skin feels smoother right away. This is a product I will continue to use (all over my body) forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie

This is by far the most awesome cleanser I have ever used. I am always on the lookout for a good exfoliator for my face and to have found it in a cleanser and get noticeable results is awesome. The little exfoliating bits are not too harsh but they don't feel like the big round beads that do nothing that I have found in other so-called exfoliating cleansers. My skin is so much smoother and just feels nice all around. It doesn't feel tight and dry but it does feel clean. I got the medium sized bottle since I was a bit skeptical but I will definitely be purchasing that largest size I can next time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice, gentle facial scrub for everyday use. Gives your face a smooth glow. Easy to use, even in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by fatallyyours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This works great on my dry skin. Is gentle enough to use everyday. Leaves my skin super soft. Has a slightly weird yet alluring smell. I use this in the morning and Purity at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Griffin1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a face wash with manual exfoliating properties and thought I would give this one a try based on the strength of reviews here. I decanted it into a pump and keep it in my shower and use it as part of my morning routine. It has no noticeable smell, which is a great thing. And the grains feel mildly abrasive without being scratchy. My face feels fresh and clean without being overly stripped.

Honestly, though, I think I was expecting something a little more. It just didn't wow me, as other Philosphy products have in the past. And in terms of benefits, I think I'll just keep some baking soda in the bathroom and mix a bit in with my HG cleanser if I feel the need for a bit of exfoliation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by emmibabyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!
My skin has never looked better. It has COMPLETELY cleared up. I actually look kind of... "glowy". My acne-marks are completely faded. One day I actually FORGOT to put on face makeup because my skin looked so good already.
I didn't even break out during my monthly visit. I actually had NO IDEA my monthly was on its way because I usually break out like crazy. It's hard to believe something this great even exists.
Normally, my skin breaks out like crazy & is super oily, dull, & red. I also have very sensitive skin, so I normally skip over exfoliating cleansers like this one. I only used this because it was the only cleanser around, my usual cleanser was out. Talk about getting lucky.
For the first time, EVER, I have been getting compliments on my skin.
My friends have told me my skin is looking a lot better; even my brutally-honest mom said "Wow, your skin looks good." It's amazing.
Oh, and I ADORE the packaging. Its perfect.
I've been using this both morning & night, which I probably shouldn't be doing. I haven't noticed any dryness yet, but we will see. I'll update if my results take a turn for the worse.

UPDATE! JUNE 6 2012:
Okay, this used to be the best product ever. However they changed the formula - it now includes OIL. I recently bought it again, excited remembering how great it used to be. It broke me out terribly - big cystic ones and lots of little ones. It took me awhile to realize that it was THIS causing it. Once I took another look at the ingredient list and realized my mistake I was pretty unhappy, to say the least.
Maybe this will still work for someone who is able to use some oils - the kind that are supposed to be okay for your skin - but not if you are extremely sensitive like I am. Sad.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite scrub (it just edges out the Wexler microbrasion scrub). It is gentle enough to use every day, so I have it in the shower and use it each morning. It has enough exfoliating beads to give a great scrub, yet enough cleanser to also foam up a bit and give the product some slip. I love the overall feel of this! My skin always feels very soft and smooth after I use this, and doesn't get tight and dry afterwards, which is what most scrubs do to me. I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by truebella

I got a sample of this at sephora and then purchased the giant 32 oz from Qvc, tiny little beads are gentle and feel really nice on the skin. I hope I continue to like this product because I have a years supple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by CinnamonDish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This makes my skin super, super smooth and I always feel so refreshed whenever I use it! Plus, it is very gentle so you can use it everyday (I use it once a day at night). You also only need a little so the bottle last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by NJRipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin and every time I try to exfoliate it gets aggravated - with scrubs I get sore and with AHA types I get oily. What a blessing it was to find this product! At last I have an effective and gentle exfoliator that my skin can tolerate. I use this every other day to keep my skin in check and can confidentally say that it has improved the look and feel of my skin enormously!