July 29, 2014 | 2041 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Quite lovely, pretty moisturizing and creamy and not waxy/greasy at all. Does its job!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never been a huge fan of the original Burt's lip balm but I really like this one. It is less waxy than the original, kind of oilier feeling but I like that. Unlike some other reviewers I also like the scent. This moisturizes really well and leaves a very subtle shine and tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am usually not a lip balm kinda gal. I LOVE lipstick lol but I drink so much freaken water the lipstick ends up on my water bottle anyway so I stopped wasting my lipsticks & I tried lip stains but they dried out my lips. I found this bad boy in my drawer & I AM IN LOVE!!! It doesn't really add any color, it just moisturizes so well, I especially need this now that the winter cold is out to get me lol. This doesn't wear off as quickly as my lipstick did when I kept sipping my water. I'm very happy with this! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by heavyboots

I love this balm and I find myself applying often, not because it is not long lasting and I need to, but because I love the scent and feel of it. It also adds a slight reddish tint to my lips. I have re-purchased this many many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this stuff. I currently have it in my nightstand drawer and I love to just apply it over and over. So soft and moisturizing!

I have tried my fair share of lip balms and I can say this is one of the best. I'm not really a Burt Bees user but discovered this in a set and fell in love.

I'm using this one and the Honey at the same time. The honey one floats around from room to room whenever I need it. That's rare for a product.... for me to love it so much and have multiples that I'm using at the SAME time. Says a lot for the product.

I want to try other flavors/formulas in the balm to see if they are all equally as pleasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by missyfussy

I absolutely love this! It provides moisture and a little colour to my lips. The pomegranate oil gives a shiny touch as well. I find applying this before lip gloss very helpful as it makes gloss application much easier. This balm won't work for very dry, chapped lips. If you have that, I'd suggest the medicated lip balm from the same brand :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love everything about this lip balm. It feels so creamy going on and gives my lips a little extra colour. I also really enjoy the scent - It's unusual but I find it very pleasant. The price is reasonable and you can easily find it in stores. I hadn't been using it for a while (was using Nivea Hydro Care) and decided to go back to it the other day... Wow, there's a big difference. This one just feels so much more moisturizing, plus it lasts a lot longer. I'd buy this balm again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is barely teetering on a five, just barely. It seems that there is an equal amount of things I like more than the original beeswax lip balm, and dislike more than I like compared to the original. This balm isn't oily like the Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter. It's also not waxy like the original. It's more in the middle, gliding on smooth and thick, but you still get that feel when you rub your lips together, the balm is smooth. You don't really get a whole lot of shine off of this balm at all, which is fine. Maybe a healthy, natural glow, but not a full fledge shine. It is quite pigmented, and it's a joy to carry around when my face needs to be brightened up. It doesn't give you the color that a lipstick would, it does give you a brilliant flush of color though. It's just enough for people to notice. It's nice to have on those days you want color on your lips, but want to look natural. Even so, it almost feels weird to think of something with nice color all that moisturizing, even though it is. When I have the flakies, I can almost feel them healing and disappearing. It has very good moisture, nothing super intense, but enough. The smell is something you would call different. The name is very misleading, this smells anything but fruity! It's not very yummy like I thought it would be. When I first opened it, I braced myself for a blast of pomegranate flavor and.....smelled Original Chapstick. You know Original Chapstick, it's the cheap one, made with petroleum jelly instead of beeswax, you can find it for about a dollar anywhere or get a pack of three for three bucks. It has a black label on it. I then quickly ran to the desk, the closest place where I knew my Chapstick-addict of a father would stash one (you know the places like car, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, computer, etc. the places where your other lip balm addicted family members stash their favorite brand). I then compared, and the smells were strikingly similar. Is this not odd to anyone? This lip balm did smell twistingly different though, a little stronger and more herbal. This being said, it does smell a bit manly. After a few days of use, this developed it's own scent. I have now decided it smells like a mixture of Original Chapstick, herbal tea, and Cheerios (the cereal). This is just what I thought. A tube lasts you a while, even if you apply daily. It's always good to grab one of these for $3 for on-the-go anywhere lip balm is sold. I will repurchase. Even if it isn't my top favorite for Burt's Bees, I still consider it a favorite.
Edit 11/12/11: It obviously wasn't a huge favorite at first, but it's grown on me. I have spent a long while thinking about it. It hasn't grown because of popularity or influence, but I will tell you why. I bought the Burt's Bees Reviving Lip Balm with Acai Berry, and it was great, at first. It bugged me because it's flavor was like sweet tarts, so sugary and sweet. I got old so quickly. Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter is good, it just is so oily. Both of those lip balms, although I love them, made me realize how much I really depended on the Pomegranate version for a nice color, good consistency, and a flavor that wouldn't get sickeningly sweet. I just got done playing golf for a little over an hour in the strong wind and cold, and the Pomegranate lip balm stayed on my lips for the entire time and moisturized them like only the best of the best would. Any other lip balm would either not moisturize as much as it could because it is too waxy, or moisturize but not protect from the elements very long. Amazing product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is nothing very special in my opinion. Certainly not worth the $11 it costs here. Lots of companies, natural and otherwise make tinted lip balms. This has no SPF, the taste/smell aren't terrible but a little unpleasant, the tint is minimal and the moisturizing effects don't last very long. I'm also a little disappointed that a natural brand chooses to use carmine for colouring. It IS natural, but you couldn't say it's cruelty-free. This also leaves quite a matte finish, and I like just a little more shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This might very well be my favorite product from Burt's Bees, which I picked up on a whim last winter. I'd been sick for weeks, the kind that leaves your lips dry and chapped, and I wanted something different than my usual Vaseline. A lip balm with pomegranate oil sounded lovely, and rosemary and beeswax finalized my decision. I ripped open the little box as soon as I got home and the lip balm was just heavenly. My experience with lip balms and chapsticks had made me expect it to be either sticky or thick and waxy. This was neither, just satin smooth moisture that sank deep into my very thankful lips. I had also had some unfortunate encounters with watermelon flavored lip products in the late 80s, so I was deeply appreciative that this balm had more scent than taste. I could definitely smell the pomegranate oil, rosemary and something else I swear is some sort of mint, although I can't find it on the list of ingredients. It was just the herbal sort of scent my sore nose could appreciate, soothing and blessedly mild. Although this isn't classified as a tinted balm, it does impart a slight berry flush to the lips, as well as a touch of shine. I went through my first tube within a week because I liked it so much. I still tend to apply more than necessary and re-apply frequently. I like being lavish with it, but it lasts very well when used less. Two tubes later, I finally thought to look on Ebay where I bought 12 brand new balms for the price of one at the drugstore, which was pretty cheap to begin with. This is still my favorite lip balm, although the mango butter and acai berry varieties from Burt's Bees are also great.