L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

2.7

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The only problem I have with this liner is the tip. It makes the liner very difficult to apply and makes the line messy. The liner itself is great! Long lasting, great consistancy, nicely pigmented. I did notice the black was not very black, but more of a dark gray. I would only buy this product again if the brush was re-made.
Price: $7.99USD
Note: Shake very well or the liner will come out grainy and disgusting!

The product stays put for me for a very long time. I cannot stand the felt tip applicator. It does not give me the precise line that a brush has given me. I've tried over and over again (practice makes perfect:) ) but I cannot manipulate the felt tip to give me a small line. If you want the more dramatic look that a bold line provides, this liner is for you! The package label says charcoal which implies a very dark black IMO. The color is, in reality, grey. I will continue using a brush applicator until the product runs out. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this product once being hopeful, but as soon as i applied it, my eyelid started to burn! I have no idea why, but as soon as i applied it I ran to get a pad and some remover.

I've been wearing my eyeliner the same way for roughly 10 years. the same. black. liquid. cat eye. I obviously don't like change. I've been finding it harder and harder to find a good liquid liner. everyone seems to be moving more toward the felt-tip applicator pen, which i've never been able to use. In fact, I can't use most applicators that come with liquid liners. It seems like most of the complaints with this liner are because of the applicator brush, which I don't even use. As a liquid eyeliner veteran I would advise all of you to make the investment in a liquid eyeliner brush with a very thin tip. I use the sable one from sephora (8 bux!) they also have some similar, pricier options if thats your thing. Avoid the whole applicator rigamaroll and buy a decent brush. But I digress, applicator aside, this is a decent, well priced liquid eyeliner. The liner itself is fluid and glides on easily. it dries quickly, without smudging or spotting. also, its easily removable if you make a mistake. Its well worth the 7 or 8 dollars that i paid. I will probably buy it again.

I had a bad feeling about this product, but wanted to venture into trying different kinds of liquid liners with different tips -- just for my own benefit. I've been babied by L'oreal's felt tip -- which is just heavenly.

This liner, however, doesn't float my boat. I know, I know -- it advertises itself as a hard tip, but I found that the hardness in conjunction with the shape really made it difficult to use. Aren't hard tips normally for beginners?

Anyway, because it's so hard, it felt like it was scratching my skin when I applied it -- not a pleasant feeling. But when I tried a lighter hand, it got into my eyelashes in big blobs. and didn't apply as smoothly at the lashline. Plus, with the angled tip, you have to be careful not to move the angle of the applicator while applying it. The first few times I got a weird line -- like straight and curved, and a bit thicker in parts of the line than others. I actually got frustrated and evened it out with a felt tip.

I've tried hard tips a few times in the past, but this one is not user-friendly. Plus, from far away it looks fine, but up close it looks weird. It's black, but in some parts of the line it's gray, like it got a super thin coat of liner. Other parts, it was like it got none at all. Which is weird, since it's supposed to be the same formula as the felt tip version.

Maybe I'm no pro when it comes to hard tip liquid liner, but isn't the brush tip supposed to be the most advanced? Anyway, this doesn't get my vote because it's just not user-friendly. I'll give it another go tonight, but I just don't like how I have to tug at the skin around my eyes for an even application or have the applicator scratch at the flesh. It hurts!

I had the same issue as reviewer Bluebear below. The brush was difficult to work with, and resulted in an uneven line. I had to go back over to get the line even, and then it was too fat. There are other liquid liners out there that are much easier to work with.

My main problem with this eyeliner is the applicator tip. It says it supposed to make it easier but it really doesn't. The liquid liner itself is great. What I ended up doing was using another eyeliner applicator tip from an empty eyeliner I had and now it's no problem. The color is nice and black and goes on really smooth. I have pretty oily skin and I have never had this stuff smudge or meltaway. It is also pretty easy to remove which I like. They just need to get a new applicator tip!!!

I've been using liquid liners for years, so I'm no novice. However, I can't get this to work well. The tip skips over my eyelid, so the line doesn't come out smooth. I end up running over the line several times just to make it smoother, then the line ends up too fat.

I do like the product itself as it's long-lasting (in my opinion, longer lasting than Lineur Intense, although Lineur Intense applies much, much better). The tip needs serious improvement, though, so I won't be repurchasing.

Saw this at a local SDM and thought I'd give it a try since I had good experiences using the Lineur Intensifique in the past. The angled brush intrigued me. Past reviewers who mentioned that the brush was too stiff and sharp were right!
This stuff smudged on me after a couple hours....total panda...good thing I didn't have plans in the evening....not good for oily skinned gals...only good thing that it washed off easily with my normal skin care routine.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I liked the control that the felt tip gives me over the shape of the line. But as the others said, it is a bit too hard and scratchy. It also has a tendency to tear off in little pieces. I do like the liner itself, though. It is easy to wash off and yet does not smear or deposit pigment throughout the day, and it does last all day.