December 22, 2014 | 1610 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by babpul

I had a bad feeling about this product, but wanted to venture into trying different kinds of liquid liners with different tips -- just for my own benefit. I've been babied by L'oreal's felt tip -- which is just heavenly.

This liner, however, doesn't float my boat. I know, I know -- it advertises itself as a hard tip, but I found that the hardness in conjunction with the shape really made it difficult to use. Aren't hard tips normally for beginners?

Anyway, because it's so hard, it felt like it was scratching my skin when I applied it -- not a pleasant feeling. But when I tried a lighter hand, it got into my eyelashes in big blobs. and didn't apply as smoothly at the lashline. Plus, with the angled tip, you have to be careful not to move the angle of the applicator while applying it. The first few times I got a weird line -- like straight and curved, and a bit thicker in parts of the line than others. I actually got frustrated and evened it out with a felt tip.

I've tried hard tips a few times in the past, but this one is not user-friendly. Plus, from far away it looks fine, but up close it looks weird. It's black, but in some parts of the line it's gray, like it got a super thin coat of liner. Other parts, it was like it got none at all. Which is weird, since it's supposed to be the same formula as the felt tip version.

Maybe I'm no pro when it comes to hard tip liquid liner, but isn't the brush tip supposed to be the most advanced? Anyway, this doesn't get my vote because it's just not user-friendly. I'll give it another go tonight, but I just don't like how I have to tug at the skin around my eyes for an even application or have the applicator scratch at the flesh. It hurts!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lissa81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the same issue as reviewer Bluebear below. The brush was difficult to work with, and resulted in an uneven line. I had to go back over to get the line even, and then it was too fat. There are other liquid liners out there that are much easier to work with.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by rocknrollangel78

My main problem with this eyeliner is the applicator tip. It says it supposed to make it easier but it really doesn't. The liquid liner itself is great. What I ended up doing was using another eyeliner applicator tip from an empty eyeliner I had and now it's no problem. The color is nice and black and goes on really smooth. I have pretty oily skin and I have never had this stuff smudge or meltaway. It is also pretty easy to remove which I like. They just need to get a new applicator tip!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Bluebear74

I've been using liquid liners for years, so I'm no novice. However, I can't get this to work well. The tip skips over my eyelid, so the line doesn't come out smooth. I end up running over the line several times just to make it smoother, then the line ends up too fat.

I do like the product itself as it's long-lasting (in my opinion, longer lasting than Lineur Intense, although Lineur Intense applies much, much better). The tip needs serious improvement, though, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by maritesRN

Saw this at a local SDM and thought I'd give it a try since I had good experiences using the Lineur Intensifique in the past. The angled brush intrigued me. Past reviewers who mentioned that the brush was too stiff and sharp were right!
This stuff smudged on me after a couple hours....total panda...good thing I didn't have plans in the evening....not good for oily skinned gals...only good thing that it washed off easily with my normal skin care routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by lotusindigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the control that the felt tip gives me over the shape of the line. But as the others said, it is a bit too hard and scratchy. It also has a tendency to tear off in little pieces. I do like the liner itself, though. It is easy to wash off and yet does not smear or deposit pigment throughout the day, and it does last all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first liquid, and it took some getting used to. Now that I know how to use it, this stuff isn't bad. Once it dries (doesn't take that long for me) it doesn't smudge. Im sure there is better stuff out there for less money, but I can make this work until I run out. I find that if you start with the slanted side on the OUTER corner and work your way in, you get a thicker line outside and it makes a nice thin line as you go in. Also, when i was just a newbie, all these websites would say to NOT pull your eyelid when lining, but with this you MUST! or (for me anyway) it gets all over my eyelashes. Besides that I've made some great cat eyes with this. Im sure i'll be able to find a better one for less $$, but this is fine till its gone. IMO its not JET black, but close. And as one reviewer said, get rid of the extra on the sides before use, or it goes clumpy. Yeah, not the perfect liquid eyeliner, but if you have it and coughed up the money for it, might as well use it, right?

EDIT!
haha ive just realized how far from black this actually is. Its pretty gray.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2007 2:37:00 AM More reviews by phoenixquill

This actually worked out pretty well for me - usually I have lots of smudging problems, but this stuff stays on me all day long. Sometimes it smudges a little at the corners, but I can just wipe it off. This is the only liquid I've tried, though, so maybe others smudge even less.

I don't like the brush too much, it's 100% stiff. If I wipe it off on a tissue before using it, that seems to help a lot for control. If I don't wipe it carefully, it gets all over, and fills up my eyes with gunk. I can't seem to get a thin line, but I like the way the line I get looks, anyway. Next time, I think I'll try something else.

As far as packaging goes, something happened with the lid so the inside part got stuck in the bottle. It doesn't seem to affect using the product, but it is drying out pretty fast (I don't know if it would have done that anyway). I've had it for ~ 2 months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as a free gift also with my 'Telescopic Mascara'-(read my review), and must say it was quite awful.The tip, like others have mentioned was too hard, stiff and fat, and it took forever to dry. The only reason I'm giving this 2 lippies instead of 1 is because of the color, 'Gray'. It is ALMOST black but not quite, so it's not as harsh. There are WAY better eyeliners, (say gel), out there ladies!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2007 12:36:00 PM More reviews by so_1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is now my everyday eye liner. I love the slant on the tip. It makes the lines alot cleaner for me, not so jagged. I will buy this again!