October 30, 2014 | 1300 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by jhyman

I bought the original a few years back and was very underwhelmed by it ("I know you can be underwhelmed, and you can be overwhelmed, but can you ever just be, like, whelmed?") This, however, is FANTASTIC. I keep it at work and it keeps my lips soft and minty and ever so slightly tinted throughout the day. Super cheap for the size, cute tin, and fabulous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this balm. It's ever so slightly (definitely not overwhelmingly so) minty and very shiny and soothing. Plus it lets me feel low maintenance. I just open the little tin, brush my finger through, and instantly shiny lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohhhhhhhh this is so amazing. Feels great, looks great on my lips, smells AWESOME, and will obviously last forever. And the tin is too fabulous for words, every time I pull it out around other people (okay other FEMALES) they're like "oh gosh that's adorable what is it?" I would take off a lippie for not containing sunscreen but I just can't bring myself to do it. PS I've never used the original version but I did have a tin of the strawberry for a while, it wasn't horrible but I wasn't that impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by workandgirl

I like this better than the original, especially when I am using this as a lip balm. i don't know if it is as multi-purpose as the original rosebud salve because of the peppermint oil.

previous reviews have mentioned the deeper color, which is true. it is a deeper color, but not so much that it's a dramatic difference between the two. another large difference is the consistency. this product is a "looser" consistency - it smears more and takes more product to use it since it spreads thinner. (edit/ 4/3) i will say, this makes it easier to wear as a lipgloss and mix with other stuff (e.g. eyeshadow, powder, lipstick, etc)

my one complaint about this is that it really isn't as multi-purpose as the original rosebud salve. i know this is literally called "lip balm" and the original is called "salve" but i can't use it as a moisturizer on dry cracked spots in a pinch like i can with the other.

bottom line? buy it if you want to use it as a lip balm only. otherwise, don't go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by mper1327

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I have to say that this was a complete impulse buy when I was at Sephora. What really took me in was the color of this balm. It was soooo much darker than the original. I had bought the original, and I hated it. Didn't moisturize well, no color, smell was off, and the lid would come open in my purse. I almost didn't buy this because of that.....

I AM SO GLAD I DID!!!!! I love this stuff!!!! It had a decent smell, a very sheer red tint that looks so great when I'm at work and not trying to "look" made up, just pretty. It moisturizes alot better, and the lid is a major improvement. I'm going to buy about 10 more tins of this stuff....just in case it is a limited edition. I don't ever want to be without this stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by seesheer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first thing I thought when I got this was 'HOLY WOAH, THAT THING IS HUGE!'
I'm somewhat of an obsessive lip balm user and don't have overly pigmented lips, so I prefer something with a tint. My Blistex wasn't holding up and after an elaborate adventure into the world of lip balm, I stumbled across this. It's divine smelling, gives my lips a fresh tingle and a lovely tint. It moisturises very well and the large tin will last me for quiiiiite a while. I'm definitely going to repurchase, when I manage to use it all up :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by EssenceofJas

I love it! Has a bit of a red tint to it (unlike the original) and the scent is fresh and minty (although I find that the rose scent overpowers it). It tingles (not as much as Burt's Bees or Carmex), which I don't think the original does (does it?) and moisturizes my lips well. The tin had a bit of scuffing when I bought it but I guess it adds to vintage-y look. The mint version has a softer texture than the original, more like lip balm.

Would totally buy again, if I ever run out. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by adamanteve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips get chapped really easily, and it's even worse in the winter. Usually I just use Carmex, but this is a really nice alternative! I love the smell and the little tin in comes in. It's not too gooey or sticky, the consistencey of it is just right, and I like that the tin is big. I will definitely buy more of these!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by rugby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh I guess Im the One Raining on parade...Sorry its just like the one in the blue tin with mint thrown in..Sorry Caudalie or Sephoras own pro make this one seem like more of a multi purpose not a lip balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

love this lip balm/gloss. very moisturizing. glossy sheer pinkish red tint that looks so subtle and natural. not overly glossy or sticky. the scent is wonderful, a light combo of mint and rose that works well together. i also love the vintage tin, it's so cute.

only problem is that it's not super rich/moisturizing for the drier seasons.