October 22, 2014 | 1006 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by cleo4lyfe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is incredible. I rarely wear foundation because I hate the feeling of makeup on my face, but with Air Touch it feels exactly like my own skin. Nothing weighing down. No clogged pores. No strange orange tint. No transferring onto clothes. Just natural, healthy looking skin. It stays on all day. There is no need for powder (at least not for me). It sets your makeup and gives you a beautiful dewy glow. This does not offer heavy coverage. In fact it's rather sheer. It will even out your skintone and make you look radiant. I would not have spent this much on a foundation if it was not exceptional. This happens to be one product that delivers on its claims. Truly a technilogical breakthrough in makeup application. UPDATE: My love affair with this product has waned. I noticed the color match is not ideal (they really need to improve in this area) and after a few hours it settles into fine lines and pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CyNYC

UPDATE: I am still loving this and find that one of the best tips they give you is to spray it from 4 inches away. I noticed that when I am consistent about that and don't end up closer, the finish is flawless. I have also used it over a light brushing of powder mineral foundation and it stayed perfect and radiant for about 20 hours.
    ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have had this product for just about a week now and have to say that I love it. I have used it alone and over tinted moisturizer and find that it works well either way but have been using it with the Neutrogena tinted moisturizer because I am not sure the SKII has SPF. It does seem to make my skin luminous and flawless (mid 30's combination skin with dry patches around my nose and chin) and lasts ALL DAY. I will be interested to see how long one foundation packet lasts but if it lasts the advertised 6 to 8 weeks that is long enough to justify continuing to use this product on a daily basis. If it does not last that long I will reserve it for special occassions.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2006 1:51:00 PM More reviews by pixiesdust13

This is the BEST foundation I have ever used and I will NEVER EVER use another bottle foundation again. It's a hefty $150 initial price tag, but once you buy it (and I can almost guarantee that you will fall in love with this product)you will never have to waste your time or money on other foundations that can't deliver these results. Plus, at Saks they give you a free monthly facial, as long as you keep up the purchases. I have dry, acne prone skin, but with this foundation on I look FLAWLESS. It saves time in the morning, you don't have to touch it up, the refills are not so bad at $80. It's like spending $40 per month on beautiful skin. Trust me on this one, this is the best beauty product I've ever owned. Update: I think I might only use this foundation for special occasions/night. I'm not sure if this is clogging my pores or not, because I use so much of it. For day, I'm sticking to Everyday Minerals...for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lizbert

This is a nice foundation but doesn't deliver the miracle that its advance press would lead one to expect. It goes on very evenly and, as advertised, does not adhere to eyebrows or peach fuzz. However, I found that in order to achieve good coverage it was necessary to go over the same area several times from the recommended 10 cm distance, at which point the foundation began to look like... well, like any other foundation, basically. I'd advise potential buyers to try out at a department store and save their receipts for when the "afterglow" of the purchase wears off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lola610

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this immediately after it came out in early October. It was a leap of faith for three reasons. First, I've been incredibly happy with my Tarte tinted foundation for everyday wear (non chemical SPF, perfect coverage, etc) and Armani LSF for when I require more coverage (perfect, dewy finish). Second, my mom warned me of the SKII recall in Asia which included one of the brand's foundations. Finally, spending $150 on a foundation is kind of an outrage. Despite all that, I went to Saks as soon as the SA called and bought it even though, to be honest, I wasn't immediately overwhelmed by the results. I even had a bit of buyer's remorse because the SA wasn't too sure how long each of those TEEENY refill packs lasted and the refills are $80 for a two pack. In fact, the SA told me that one refill lasts about a month and that people wear foundation underneath and use the tool only as a finishing spray. To make a long story short, I now completely swear by this foundation. The point of this foundation is how natural it is and nothing sets makeup better than the Airtouch (use this AFTER you apply blush and eyeshadow). I wasn't absolutely sold until I had a run of bad skin and I realized just how well the foundation covered the red splotches and hid my two-hours-of-sleep pores. I chose not to use another foundation because it's simply not necessary. The application is fool proof AS LONG AS YOU LET THE FOUNDATION DRY. I finish with Shu's loose powder and I've never seen skin quiet like this outside of a magazine ad. If you already have wonderful skin, then this foundation would probably not impress you as much. It's meant to look like your skin. I use Airtouch even on good skin days just to look more polished and it's so easy, fast, and hygenic to apply. The machine is not small but is definitely portable. The Uslu airbrush makeup machine requires setup and cleanup whereas the Airtouch is requires only a touch of a button. NO MORE MAKEUP SPONGES AND DIRTY FINGERS! The refill that came with the machine lasted 2.5 months with daily (sometimes twice a day) use. I would recommend a cream or water based blush instead of a powder one for a more natural effect. Although the color selection is limited, the foundation is so sheer I find myself using either the 3 and the 6 with no problem. This is a HG for me.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2006 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Dbeech

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate being the naysayer on this product. I purchased this product at Saks. I have fairly decent skin. Large pores are my biggest issue so I was very interested in trying this product to get a more flawless look. The SK11 SA first put regular foundation on me and then applied the Air Touch over the foundation. I wasn't looking for an extra step, but my skin did look pretty good. When I tried it at home without foundation on underneath, it provided zero coverage. The next day, I tried it with my La Mer foundation, with one side of my face powdered and one side sprayed with the Air Touch. The difference was negligible. Certainly, not worth the time and expense. One other issue, the foundation packs are incredibly small. The SA told me that you could get only get 4 weeks usage out of one. Anyway, it went back to Saks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

Hi, I so did not want to love this foundation (due to the price tag, lol!), but I do!!
    I believe it comes in 4 shades, I am the lightest of the 4 shades. My skin tone is a cool toned PPP.
    The foundation comes with a battery, and 1 refill (was around $150.00 U.S.). The lightest shade is more neutral based.
    I use this as a "finishing spray". I apply any concealer first, and regular foundation over any areas that need extra coverage. The SA recommended you use any cream blushes, ect., first, and apply this after.
    I find it gives you such a flawless look, I had to practice a few days with it to get the application right.
    Also, it is very long-wearing, I do not need to touch up with powder as much throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually prefer using a product a couple of months before writing a review, but I'm so impressed I couldn't wait! I was contemplating between investing in this or trying MAC's Studio Mist but after seeing this being used on a lady with splotchy skin before me and then seeing it with my own eyes when the SA applied on half of my face, I was sold! It's sooo expensive but I'm glad I bought this because the look is amazing! HG! Because you use it AFTER applying the rest of your makeup (except before mascara and lip color) the overall effect looks translucent and flawless. Not sure how this would go down for those who want more coverage. I think the technology is superb, you don't even need a mirror to apply and you don't have to worry about getting foundation on your hair or clothes. The device is a little bulky - can't imagine bringing this along for touch-ups, but I think I wouldn't have to worry about my face looking cakey if I chose to (touch-up), thanks to the ultra fine mist. I don't use foundation everyday so I don't mind paying the extra for something this great (hey, its an investment!). RM418 (~USD 115/£60) for the device and a foundation refill. When you run out of it, it'll cost you another RM418 for pack of 2 refills. Quick way to rack up the SK2 membership points. Device comes with a warranty (I'd cry if I drop the device and it cracks after spending so much!). Six shades available here in Malaysia (I'm using BE-2 - for reference, I'm a LM Oil-Free TM in Sand/MAC C4/Chanel Blanc Essential Powder Foundation in 50 Beige Dore).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by babydoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great product - if you know how to use it properly. It gives great coverage, without looking fake or cakey. It really does look smooth as a baby's butt! My only gripe with it is that it takes a while to dry. If you touch your face before it has set, then it smudges and looks really messy. So then you reapply, but then you end up spraying too much, and you look blotchy and uneven. However, if you know how to apply it properly and am patient enough to wait for it to dry, then it gives a totally flawless complexion.

I like the packaging, it seems quite high tech. But it is rather bulky to hold in my hands (and I am not even that tiny, I consider myself to have medium-sized hands). If it was smaller, then it'd be more convenient and easier to grip.

Another gripe I have is the price. It's sooo expensive! Hence why I don't use this everyday - only when I have to look FABULOUS or when I'm having a bad skin day. However, I have a feeling that I will keep buying this, because I love the way that it makes my skin look. It lasts all day and night, and still looks flawless.

This foundation also seems to 'moisturise' it, so that even a few days after use, my skin is smooth and plump. This is because it contains pitera (SKII's miracle ingredient).

At the moment, the refills cost a bomb in Australia, but I'm hoping that Strawberrynet will start to stock them soon, so that I don't have to pay retail.

All in all, a fantastic product if you have time and money :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by brohmer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this since Nov and just want to let everyone know that with everyday application the packet is lasting a little over two months. It really isn't that expensive after the original purchase. Am still loving it.