Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

4.1

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 10/8/2007 9:52:00 AM

I had been using Dove Sensitive Skin invisible solid all throughout highschool and my first 2 years of college, and it did a solid job, but as I grew interested in more natural options in terms of beauty care and even beyond, I sought out an alternative. The Crystal Stick deodorant seriously can't be beat. There is no residue (you can wear that little black dress), it lasts virtually forever, it's odorless (it won't interfere with your favorite perfume... but then again, don't wear a lot of perfume anyway, because there are people out there who are allergic), and it's pretty cheap at ~$6. The only bad thing about them is that if you drop it, you'll have to replace it (imagine how sharp it would be!). I'm not a heavy sweat-er, but this stick works fine even on warm summer days. On hot hot hot humid days, it works alright, but you may start to smell at the end of the day.

**Took lippies off for this because it eventually stopped working and started getting crumbly. I now use Lavanilla's Vanilla Grapefruit deodorant and like it!**

I haven't used this particular brand of product before, but I use and ADORE something that I suspect is the exact same. The salt crystal (aluminum-free of course.)

I sweat a lot when I am nervous, so much so that no matter what antipersperiant I used, it didn't help. And, for all you other nervous sweaters out there, you know what I mean. (And you also know that it smells!)

But, after deciding to go "natural" and stop using potentially toxic, and definitley artificial products that didn't work anyway, I found this.

I stumbled through other natural deodorants, and they were just even crappier versions of synthetic products.

But this! No odour at all, no residue, no white stains, no nothing! It doesn't even feel like anything on, you just don't smell.

I mean, if I spend all day outside, or play sports all day, or do something really labor intensive all day, I smell like a human being, but not like a vagrant.

And I am completely ok with smelling like a human being!

I reccomend this if you are at all inclined toward natural products. And, since a $11 "crystal" lasts for at least a year, its a heck of a bargain!

This product is my HG for sure!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased the travel size stick over a year ago from my local health food store. After several uses, I decided the product simply did not work at all and I tossed the crystal into the depths of my "junk product cabinet." On a whim, I recently checked the MUA feedback for this product and I am SO glad I did because it is here that I learned that I was using the product wrong! When I first got it, I was doing 4 quick swipes. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Even though proper use has been highlighted, let me reiterate it: Shower first, wet the stone and then use LOTS of product. Personally, I use 2 layers of 20 swipes each. I've been using it for over a week now and THIS STUFF TOTALLY WORKS! NO funk, NO white residue, NO itchy pits. Thank you p'ville!!!!!

on 8/5/2007 11:47:00 PM

The crystal seemed to work for me for only a few hours. I think maybe I have stronger BO than the average person but a couple of hours after applying I could detect my odor. Maybe for people with average BO this would work longer. Overall I like it but I'm going to try the KMF deodorant after reading the reviews. If that one doesn't work better for me then I will repurchase this one.

on 7/24/2007 12:07:00 AM

Hear me out! This is the BEST DEO ever!!! If it wasn't for my sister who told me about it's reviews on MUA, I would have never thought to pick this up! The best way to use this is when you get out of the shower. The application goes on wet, and does not take long to dry. It will keep you odor-free all day/night long!!! No staining clothes, and clear application, and unscented!!! (However, it does not stop you from sweating.) But my goodness, I love this stuff! I use it religiously. And it is super cheap, $4-6 at Ulta. It says that the stick will last you one year. But I don't think I have even dented mine, and I've had it for at least 3-4 months!! You can even use it on your feet if you like!
This is my HG deo. I don't think I'll ever use anything else.

on 7/19/2007 1:30:00 AM

I bought the Thai crystal deodorant and it works great. I can't believe how well it really works. I was skeptical when I first purchased it but now I am convinced. I wet it right after a shower and rub it on my entire armpit. I layer it about 3 times while standing under a fan each time. If you miss a spot you will stink. If it is really hot outside then I have to shower twice and apply it twice but the funny thing is if you apply it correctly it lasts for 24 hrs. I have applied by Degree deodorant a couple of times when I was in a rush and noticed I stunk by the end of the day. It does take time to apply but it really does work!!

on 6/3/2007 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Effective deodorant, NOT an anti-perspirant, which nixes it for me. Can still be useful on areas like your feet if, again, you smell, but don't sweat.

on 5/26/2007 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This stuff is incredible! It has no smell, is non sticky, non staining, and truly leaves NO white residue and it's a natural product. What more could you want? I have tried every kind of antiperspirant dove, secret, degree, ban. etc. None of them compare at all to the crystal. Try it, you will be amazed at how well it works. I have converted many friends and family to useing this. My husband and I swear by it. LOVE IT!!!

on 5/23/2007 2:29:00 AM

this is all i'll use anymore, due to allergies to even "sensitive skin" deodorants and concerns about aluminum absorption. i've gotten used to wetting and applying. and i love the little sample sizes i can bring with me, though i've never re-applied. there is no scent, which is fine with me. it's incredibly simple, no herbals complicating the picture. no more goopy residue under my arms. no more white streaks on my black shirts! one thing is i can't seem to use it the day of shaving, or it stings a little (i'm also very sensitive-skinned). so that's a bummer. [by the way, this one i use is *ammonium* alum. i've also tried another brand with potassium alum, which stung me and not even on shaving day.] i'll also admit that it doesn't seem to work as perfectly as conventional deodorants. and i haven't even tested it under strenuous conditions, just everyday use. it's worth it, though, not to itch under the arms all the time. one other thing i don't like is the packaging. the crystal keeps falling out and onto the floor, in the sample one i've been using. and water makes crystals appear on the bottom and around the screw-line of the container, so i have to rinse them off from time to time. and it's hard to talk axe-influenced teenagers into using this, when it's a whole extra step to wet the crystal. i try, anyway!

on 5/22/2007 10:44:00 PM

I, too, started using this all-natural deodorant after reading about the health risks of chemical anti-prespirants. I was skeptical that this all-natural product would be effective, but it was! I have pretty stinky pits :) and this helped me stay odor-free all day.

Unfortunately, I do stink more when I'm PMSing and this deodorant isn't enough then. When that happens, I use Crystal Stick in conjunction with a home-made baking soda mixture that kills the odor. My home-made baking soda is simply a pinch of baking soda dissolved in a small vial of water with a roller-ball applicator (I recycled the Dessert Essence Blemish Stick bottle)

Video Reviews & Tutorials