September 22, 2014 | 959 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by timtum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Thai crystal deodorant and it works great. I can't believe how well it really works. I was skeptical when I first purchased it but now I am convinced. I wet it right after a shower and rub it on my entire armpit. I layer it about 3 times while standing under a fan each time. If you miss a spot you will stink. If it is really hot outside then I have to shower twice and apply it twice but the funny thing is if you apply it correctly it lasts for 24 hrs. I have applied by Degree deodorant a couple of times when I was in a rush and noticed I stunk by the end of the day. It does take time to apply but it really does work!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

Effective deodorant, NOT an anti-perspirant, which nixes it for me. Can still be useful on areas like your feet if, again, you smell, but don't sweat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by peechez5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is incredible! It has no smell, is non sticky, non staining, and truly leaves NO white residue and it's a natural product. What more could you want? I have tried every kind of antiperspirant dove, secret, degree, ban. etc. None of them compare at all to the crystal. Try it, you will be amazed at how well it works. I have converted many friends and family to useing this. My husband and I swear by it. LOVE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ascorbic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is all i'll use anymore, due to allergies to even "sensitive skin" deodorants and concerns about aluminum absorption. i've gotten used to wetting and applying. and i love the little sample sizes i can bring with me, though i've never re-applied. there is no scent, which is fine with me. it's incredibly simple, no herbals complicating the picture. no more goopy residue under my arms. no more white streaks on my black shirts! one thing is i can't seem to use it the day of shaving, or it stings a little (i'm also very sensitive-skinned). so that's a bummer. [by the way, this one i use is *ammonium* alum. i've also tried another brand with potassium alum, which stung me and not even on shaving day.] i'll also admit that it doesn't seem to work as perfectly as conventional deodorants. and i haven't even tested it under strenuous conditions, just everyday use. it's worth it, though, not to itch under the arms all the time. one other thing i don't like is the packaging. the crystal keeps falling out and onto the floor, in the sample one i've been using. and water makes crystals appear on the bottom and around the screw-line of the container, so i have to rinse them off from time to time. and it's hard to talk axe-influenced teenagers into using this, when it's a whole extra step to wet the crystal. i try, anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by JuicyBug

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I, too, started using this all-natural deodorant after reading about the health risks of chemical anti-prespirants. I was skeptical that this all-natural product would be effective, but it was! I have pretty stinky pits :) and this helped me stay odor-free all day.

Unfortunately, I do stink more when I'm PMSing and this deodorant isn't enough then. When that happens, I use Crystal Stick in conjunction with a home-made baking soda mixture that kills the odor. My home-made baking soda is simply a pinch of baking soda dissolved in a small vial of water with a roller-ball applicator (I recycled the Dessert Essence Blemish Stick bottle)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by camelias

This product is so, so good!!! I can't recommend it enough. It's so natural, effect, no more staining...Forget about other kinds of deodorants. This one is HG and heaven sent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this, and that surprises me. I love there is no sticky white residue to ruin my clothing, I love that it has no scent. I love how inexpensive it is. I love that it has no bad ingredients and doesnt react badly to my sensitive skin. It seems to work in all but the most sweaty situations, and even then holds up as well as many other deoderants out there. I dont usually even have much of any smell to me the next morning. I bought one for my boyfriend and hes got the same results. We're converts! We love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sylviag818

I remember these crystal stick deodorants from wayyy back in the 70's when they actually were in jagged rock formation. Now it's way easier as they are in actual deodorant sized packaging - which lends to easy travel. The key is that you have to run the crystal under water to get it wet/smooth and then run it under your pits for odor control. Unfortunately it doesn't do much for wetness control, and if you are an avid deodorant user, it may take a few days for your body to release the remaining chemical compounds from your previous deodorant usage. The crystal rock deodorant stick is pretty dirt cheap and available at whole food stores or more organic stores - and it's a PERFECT solution for dark tank tops/little black dress outings with guaranteed no white residue!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read the reviews on this product, and since I am always searching for natural products that work, I bought the small crystal deodorant at GNC. I used it after my evening shower, and the next morning, I was dry and I don't think I smelled. I was getting my hopes up. I reapplied in the AM, and ran errands (it was a sunny 80 degree day). Unfortunately, it did not keep me odor free, so I could probably get away with using this at night, just piddling around the house, but this will not hold up (at least for me) during the day. My search continues. I think I will try Kiss My Face next.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by RunnyBabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love!!! I bought this purely out of concern about the health risks associated with anti-perspirants, but didn't have high expectations for performance. Well, I've been using for two weeks now, and I'm in love. No odor, no residue, no staining. And you can't beat the price for how long it will last. There is a bit of a learning curve with the application process, but no big deal when you get used to it. Granted, there's no wetness control, but I think it's totally worth the trade-off when you consider the health benefits of an all natural product. As a bonus, no threat of the armpit bleaching problem I've experienced on several of my shirts over time with regular anti-perspirants.