NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 2/29/2012 4:23:00 PM

Everyone else seems to love this, and I bought it based on all the great reviews, but I'm afraid I haven't been able to use it at all. It goes on unbelieveably gold for something that looks white in the pan, settles into my fine lines and just doesn't improve things at all. I'm pale skinned with pink undertones. Expensive mistake.

on 2/28/2012 10:26:00 AM

Wow!! Make up seems incomplete without this illuminous fairy dust. It's as though an internal light bulb is switched on when I apply this highlighter. So much better than Whilst Mac 'gold deposit' is just screaming gold, Albatros is just so sublime and gives that 'air brush' finish. Looks awesome with my exhibit a - applied with an extremely light hand. I've yet to try it with my taj mahal. I've a feeling this will look gd with everything.

on 2/20/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this highlighter. I decided to splurge in Sephora one day just because it was just one of those days when you just need to buy something unnecessarily.lol I was in between purchasing the NARS Albatross and the Charlotte Ronson bronzer/blush/highlighter palette( I forgot the name of it.) They were both the same price which made me sketchy about the Albatross since the Charlotte Ronson had 3 products in one.But I swatched the Charlotte Ronson&the highlighter was a silver-white while the NARS is a gold-white. I already own a silver-white highlighter,which is just a MAC pigment.I feel silver-white highlight looks great in the wintertime.But after purchasing the NARS Albatross, I stopped using my MAC pigment.lol It's such a gorgeous glowy look. I love the way it looks on my nose and the corners of my eyes. If you have warm, tan skin like mine(e.g. Beyonce,Rihanna) this while make you look like you have beautiful glowy skin. I can't get enough of it. Its not glittery at all. It's just...indescribable.lol It just looks like the light is hitting you perfectly. I have fallen in love. Sometimes I use my finger to apply and other times I use a fluffy brush. Either way, it goes on perfectly. I'm so glad I bought it.

I am absolutely in LOVE with this highlighter! It is my new favorite. It has all the same quality all NARS blushes do; creamy, pigmented, and easy to blend. I think this would look good on all skin tones bc it's not too white and the gold isn't too strong or warm, but it may favor warmer skintones just a slight bit more. It has a beautiful sheen to it that just makes you glow, not look like a disco ball. I think anyone looking for a new highlighter should try it! The price is steep, but it's awesome quality and will last a long time. I doubt you will be disappointed!

on 1/30/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I got this as a gift from a dear friend who though I would really enjoy it, and I really really wanted to please her, I was crazy about getting it, but once I did, I realized it doesn't look all that great on me, it is a golden shimmer, but it look very very yellow-y on me :( I prefer MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle for highlighting

on 1/17/2012 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect highlighting powder for a lit-from-within look.
It looks white in the tin thingy, but its this golden shimmering pearl when you apply this on your cheekbones. I use this with a Mac 130 brush.
For a photo-ready, angelic look , apply this over Mac CCB in pearl.

on 1/15/2012 3:45:00 PM

I am using it to highlighter/ contour face, brow bone, nose, chin, cupid bow, corner of inner eyes. it gives u a matte bright look.

on 1/15/2012 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like to use this on my browbone, inner eye corners, and on top of my cheekbones. This looks especially beautiful layered with Orgasm. It makes your skin look like an angel's! HG Highlighter!

on 1/13/2012 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Gorgeous pale white gold sheen. I wear it on my cheekbones and sometimes on my browbone. It's very sexy and my husband always loves it on me. It's my fav highlighter ever.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

In the package this highlight looks terrible, but the second I swatched it, I knew it was amazing. On my skin it's golden shimmer that isn't overpowering. It lasts ALL day on me. I also only need the smallest amount. The only downside is the price: for $27 it should be at least 2 times bigger. Oh well!

Top Rated NARS Products