BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

on 11/30/2010 10:10:00 PM

It did match my skin color.
It gives a really natural finish, it's lightweight and easy to apply.
Good for everyday use.

on 11/24/2010 6:31:00 PM

already using my second one... creamy and light. good for natural look

on 11/21/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am looking for a good cream foundation, however this is not it. The coverage is horrible and it contributes to the oiliness of my skin. I returned it...

on 11/16/2010 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Ugh...what a joke. I got this at sephora around Oct. 1st after wandering around the store trying to resist buying UD BOS3. I decided to buy a powder foundation but could not decide what to get. I tried SkAG and was really amazed as to how the medium colour was able to match my skin. It looks greasy but it looked good on skin. I am not bit*ing about the quality of the product. It is okay although the staying power could be better. I apply with Sonya Kashuk sponge and am able to blend it well.
So here is my problem, liquid foundations last me a loong loong time, to the point where I have to throw them away for fear of expired product messing with my skin. I certainly have not used this product every day, maybe 15times for the 45 days I've owned it and today I hit pan!!!! I have product around the edges but what...that's gonna last me another 15applications. Are you freaking kidding me??? I paid $28 +tax for this. I would have been better off shelling extra $ for a fancier product like Channel or GA, it would have been cheaper compared to this.
Benefit is a seriously disappointing brand of cosmetics. It's cute and funky but so not functional and worth the money. Beware, do not waste money on this product!

on 11/16/2010 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This broke me out only after a few uses so I suspect that it clogs pores. It is really unfortunate because I absolutely love the finish of this. It goes on creamy, blends like a dream without feeling cakey, and dries to a powdery finish. It also lasts well throughout the day. The medium shade is a perfect match for my NC35 medium tanned skin. I also liked that I did not need concealer, and found that it was a great all-in-one product.

The downpoints about this foundation is that 1) It is pricey and the product gets used up really fast. You don't get a lot of product for the price. 2) It is a plasticky/latex smell but this goes away quickly. 3) If you have sensitive skin, it may break you out.

If you are unsure about this product, Sephora sells a mini sized sample for $12 CAD which is a great trial product that will last for weeks. It is also great as a portable compact to keep in the purse but I think it is only available for a limited time.

on 11/14/2010 11:39:00 PM

I am surprised at all the negative reviews. I LOVE this product. I like the finish, color match, and light coverage it provides. I'm a combo-skin girl with some enlarged pores and redness issues, and this makes me look presentable.

Here's my tried and true routine:
-Murad oil control mattifier spf 15
-Stila One Step Correct (Primer)
-Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
-Benefit Boi-oing Concealer (great for oily gals)
-Benefit Hello Flawless in (T-zone only)

on 11/14/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've this product for a few years but hardly wore it as it always seemed to cake around my dry areas and accentuate them when I used the sponge. A few days I was reading reviews on here and decided to try applying it with a foundation brush. Wow what a difference it makes!!

Upon application it seems a bit greasy and kinda light for my skin tone. After about 5 minutes, the product sinks in and matches great. I think it gives good coverage and I like how it feels like you have nothing on your face once it settles in.
Once the product dries on my face, I lightly dust over some powder, I tried it with Dandelion and it looked amazing!! So flawless and pretty. I would never had expected to have such a great result especially since I really don't think Dandelion works on my skin, but paired with this 'foundation' it's amazing. So happy I actually found a use for these products, I really thought they would just end up sitting in my make up stash for the next decade (I couldn't bring myself to get rid of these since I spent soo much on them, and I'm really glad I hadn't now that I found how to use them :)).

on 11/11/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay! I am not impressed with the packaging! But omg I do love this product, I can't believe all the negative reviews, this is so amazing to me , it feels great and covers good without even looking like you have foundation on!!

on 11/9/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

Really, Benefit? Really?

I don't get this product. I understand it's supposed to provide a light coverage and look natural, and their catalog even plugs it for use when you don't feel up to putting on your regular makeup.

By the time I apply this and blend and blend and blend to get any type of coverage whatsoever, it's as time-consuming as just sucking it up and using my regular foundation, so what's the point?

I usually love Benefit products but this one...ummm, not so much. Glad I only got it as 1 in a 4-piece set, because I'd have been extremely disappointed to have purchased a full-sized product.

Maybe if one has perfect skin this would be a great "non-foundation foundation," but for me I'll stick with my regular foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff seemed nice and light when I first started using it. After a couple uses it broke me out like crazy.....can't use it anymore. I don't like the sponge it came with either....it started to smell after a couple uses....gross. Does anyone else just WANT to like all of Benefit's products but keep getting disappointed over and over again??? :(

Popular Crème Foundations