April 17, 2014 | 1494 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by cutiecaity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff really stays put - that's the main reason why i like it! plus it's very easy to apply with the correct brush. i wish it came in brown or bronze...i'd stock up!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bareMAC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this is not a bad liner. I used it in the inner rim of the eyes, where I would normally put my MAC Powerpoint pencil in some brown shade. When comparing the two, MAC took far less time, because of the jet set you have to put it on the brush and what not. Another thing that I don't like is the brush to apply it with, I mean its alright but not worth the trouble. I wipe my on a towel before I use it again and its just a pain. Also sometimes I get little bits of old dried up liner in my eyes and it is not a pleasant feeling. Also I wish it came in brown, because I have brown eyes and light to medium brown hair and I don't think that black eyeliner does anything for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I, too, purchased this as a TSV from QVC. This product was one of the reasons that I purchased the kit. I wanted to try the product. I really do like Smashbox for some of their innovative products and this one didn't fail to disapoint. Typically, I don't line the lower lash of my eye as it seems to exaggerate my dark circles and narrow the the eye area. I just didn't like the look. But, this product really makes the eye look sexy. It is quite dramatic and lasts all day. I apply a very, light line and apply the rest of my eye makeup (mascara and cream eyeliner on the top lash). No other makeup is really needed after this regime because it really makes the look. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Sallyh88

I recently purchased the Smashbox TSV on QVC and this was a part of it along with the angled eyeliner brush. I wasn't expecting much since I have tried Smashbox eyeliners in the past and they were awful. But I was pleasantly surprised when Jet Set actually did what it claimed to do, not smudge and be waterproof on the waterline! I use this daily to tightline and it never smudged or runs like other eyeliners I have tried. I really like the brush that came with it too, perfect for tightlining. I think I might like this better than MAC's Blacktrack!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this off QVC, partly due to the hype, but mostly due to the reviews here on MUA, as everyone here are my 'go to' people if I want a true, honest opinion! Anyway, back to the review............ This did not work so great for me =(. I got it specifically for the so-called 'waterline' or inside rim only, as I use MAC creamliner in Dipdown for the rest of my eye, but it wore off even sooner than a pencil! Worse, it got IN my eye, and clouded it up, then settled into the inner corner which looked REALLY attractive. I dunno, maybe my eye has too much oil in the tear film, and it breaks the product down. So, back to Smashbox it goes, and the search is still on...............

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

12/31/07 Update: The only good thing about this is that it stays put on the waterline. I find the texture hard to work with for lining above the lashline and I think it is overpriced. For $12 get a HIP cream liner instead.

I got this with a QVC TSV set and wow-love it! I never have any luck with any liner on my waterline but this stuff stays put! I much prefer it to FLuidlines for the waterline but also it is a bit more solid and makes a good definitive line. You don't have to go back over it again to get a serious black line. Not crazy about the bent brush that came with it in the TSV but I have a load of other taklon brushes to use with it. I wish it came in a wider array of colors-wanting a shimmery brown in this now!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a big eyeliner fan who has always used a pencil liner in the past, I was anxious to try this when I first saw it on QVC. I have never really liked the Smashbox cream eyeliners as I find them difficult to apply with the "special" brush and technique and they smudge under my eye like everything else. For $34.54, this came with a bent eyeliner brush that I love. You can just buy the eyeliner pot for $22.00. I have always used a dark brown liner in the past as I think that black liners can sometimes look too harsh and severe especially if applied in a thick line, but this black was wonderful. It still smudged under my eyes like the rest I had tried, but not as badly. For the price, I think that it is expensive and I would not buy it again simply because I have discovered MAC eyeliner gels which beat everything else out there. I am grateful to Smashboc and QVC because I never would have discovered the MAC product if I had not first dipped my feet in the water with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by love1204

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I'm sitting home one night watching a QVC beauty marathon and up comes this Jet Set Eyeliner. The Smashbox pro mentioned that it was actually developed for the inside rim of the eye...usually a so-called no-no. Which, by the way is not mentioned in any of their marketing for this product. Anyway, I immediately went out and bought it (with the brush also, which is great). It is the most fabulous eyeliner. It does not budge or travel from the inside rim of the eye. I couldn't believe it! With normal (even waterproof) eyeliner, I am constantly wiping the outside corner of my eyes to clean up what has migrated out there. Not with this.
If you are a heavy liner girl, you have to try it!